CHERRY CORDIAL CAKE BALLS
Brandy and coffee add mild flavor to these scrumptious cherry cake balls. -Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1-1/4 cups coffee, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. , Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely., Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the brandy, preserves and remaining coffee., Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and cherry mixture; beat well. Shape into 1-in. balls., In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 calories, Fat 10g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 51mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHOCOLATE-COVERED CHERRY CAKE
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly mist a 13- by 9-inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, cherry pie filling, eggs, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the rubber spatula. Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack while you prepare the glaze.
- For the glaze, place the sugar, butter, and milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. When the chips have melted and the glaze is smooth, pour it over the warm cake so it covers the entire surface. The glaze will be thin but will firm up. Cool the cake for 20 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
- Store this cake, covered in aluminum foil, at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Or freeze the cake, wrapped in foil, for up to 6months. Thaw the cake overnight on the counter before serving.
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CORDIAL CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease and flour 2 9 inch cake pans (I used 1 silicone rose shaped pan) Stir together cake mix and cocoa. Make a well in the center and pour in water, mayonnaise and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in cherries. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35-45 minutes. (approx 75 minutes in rose pan) until knife inserted in center comes out clear. Pour Amaretto all over cake and leave soaking in pan for 24 hours. Remove and dust with 10x sugar. Notes: Don't know what would happen with less cocoa, maybe need less mayonnaise? May use cherry juice in place of water next time.
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CANDY CAKE
Cordials of chocolate-covered cherries, a classic "box of chocolates" staple, inspired this delicate cake, filled with a candied cherry mousse and covered in rich chocolate ganache.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 8-inch round cake pans, line the bottoms with parchment paper. Butter the parchment and dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk the melted butter, buttermilk, egg, vanilla and 1/2 cup water together in another bowl until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking until just combined. Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans, smoothing the tops. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through cooking, until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for 15 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack set over a baking sheet. Discard the parchment paper and flip the cakes right side up again. Let the cakes cool completely.
- Make the cherry filling: Quarter the cherries and transfer them to a medium bowl with the 2 tablespoons reserved syrup. Combine the gelatin with 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Heat the gelatin in the microwave until it melts completely, about 10 seconds, stirring to dissolve. Combine the gelatin, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, salt and almond extract in a food processor and process until smooth. Scrape the cream cheese mixture into the bowl containing the cherries and stir to combine. Refrigerate, checking every 5 minutes, until the filling is just set enough to spread, 5 to 15 minutes. (Do not let the filling firm up too much.)
- Place one cake on a cake stand and pile the cherry filling in the center, spreading it in a thick layer almost to the edge. Top with the remaining cake, aligning the layers directly on top of each other so the cake does not lean. Refrigerate the assembled cake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate ganache: Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan then remove from the heat. Add the chocolate, shaking the pan gently to submerge it. Allow the pan to stand, off the heat, for 3 minutes to melt the chocolate. Whisk the ganache until smooth, then refrigerate until it is just thick enough to spread (like mayonnaise), about 15 minutes. (Do not let the ganache harden too much.)
- 15 to 20 minutes. (Do not let the ganache harden too much.)
- Stir the ganache again and scoop it on top of the cake, spreading it over the top and sides. Refrigerate the cake until the ganache is set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
This Christmas, skip the boxed chocolate-covered cherries sitting on store shelves. The taste of these homemade confections just can't be beat. Plus, they're a snap to make with only three basic ingredients-you simply soak the cherries in brandy, melt the chocolates and dip!-Dorothy Bayard, Hubertus, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place cherries in a small bowl; add brandy. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours., Place chocolate chips in a small heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat until chips begin to melt. Remove from the heat; stir. Return to the heat; cook just until melted. Immediately remove from the heat; stir until smooth., Pat cherries dry. Holding onto the stems, dip cherries into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE
- Whisk together 1/3 cup sugar, kirsch, and cornstarch in a medium pot. Add cherries and any juices. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high until thickened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the long sides of the pan. Butter parchment.
- Whisk cocoa with hot water in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in sour cream and melted chocolate; let cool. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in another medium bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 1 2/3 cups sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine after each and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in two parts, alternating with the cocoa mixture and beginning and ending with the flour; beat until combined. Fold in 1 1/4 cups cherry filling; reserve remaining filling for topping.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth with an offset spatula. Bake until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove cake from pan.
- Transfer cake to a serving platter. In a small saucepan over low, heat gelatin and 2 tablespoons water over low, stirring constantly, just until gelatin melts, about 3 minutes. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar on medium-high. Once soft peaks form, slowly add gelatin mixture with the mixer running until combined. Frost top of cooled cake and top with remaining cherry filling.
HERSHEY'S CHERRY CORDIAL CREME CHEESECAKE
Taken from the back of a package of Hershey's Cherry Cordial Kisses. The title of the recipe is misleading, as it is not, in fact, a cheesecake. The cake is chocolate. There are a lot of ingredients, but it looks more complicated than it really is. I've made it several times, every time without a hitch. I was so impressed with how it turned out it's the background picture on my cell phone, and it definitely tastes as good as it looks!
Provided by ckmclements
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line 9-inch round cake pan with foil, extending foil beyond the sides. Grease foil.
- Stir together melted butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add eggs. Beat well using spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture, beating with a spoon until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgy and will not test done.) Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat whipping cream until stiff. Gradually fold into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over brownie layer. Cover. Refrigerate until serving time. Use foil to lift out of pan; remove foil.
- Just before serving, put cherry pie filling in 5-inch wide heart shape in center of dessert. (I went to Wal-Mart and found a set of heart-shaped cookie cutters to do this step.) Place kisses around edge. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining pie filling. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert.
CHERRY CORDIAL COOKIES
- Immerse dried cherries in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set in a small bowl with the cherry liqueur to soak, the longer, the better. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter with the brown sugar and white sugar. Stir in the egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Sift together the flour, and baking soda; stir into the creamed mixture. Gently fold in the cherries, with the liqueur, white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and macadamia nuts. Batter should be soft and creamy.
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheet. Leave 2 to 3 inches of space between cookies. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, cookies should be lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393.9 calories, Carbohydrate 49.3 g, Cholesterol 38.1 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 74.1 mg, Sugar 33.3 g
NANA'S CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE
This was one of my Nana's signature cakes...We all loved cherry cordials and received them for Christmas quite a few times! This cake was my Nana's way of giving us that same simple pleasure, but in a more healthy (???) way! YUM-O!!!
Provided by Stacky5
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix cake mix, eggs and flavorings until well-blended. (I use a hand mixer and mix for at least 2 minutes.).
- Fold in cherry pie filling (gently).
- Spread batter into a 8" x 12" pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done. (40-50 minutes, according to the cake mix package.).
- Frost with dark chocolate frosting.
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE III
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, almond extract, and 2 eggs by hand; stir until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it tests done. Cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter or margarine, and milk. Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Immediately pour over partially cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.8 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 29.5 mg, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 276.3 mg, Sugar 27.4 g
More about "cherry cordial cake recipes"
CHERRY CORDIAL BUNDT CAKE - APRON WARRIOR
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- In a food processor, pulse maraschino cherries until lightly chopped. RESERVE THE MARASCHINO CHERRY LIQUID. Set both aside.
- In a new bowl, cream butter until it is white and fluffy. Once done, add sugar and 3-4 TBSP of the maraschino cherry liquid. Your mixture should turn a soft pink.
CHERRY CORDIAL CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrsServings 16
CHERRY CORDIAL CAKE : 4 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - INSTRUCTABLES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHERRY CORDIAL CREME BROWNIE CHEESECAKE
CHERRY CORDIAL CUPCAKES - LEMON SUGAR
RUSSIAN CHERRY LAYER CAKE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CORDIAL COOKIES RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CHERRY CAKE MIX COOKIES - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY CORDIALS - BAKING SENSE®
CHERRY CORDIAL | FOOD & WINE
CHERRY CORDIAL CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
10 BEST MARASCHINO CHERRY CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHERRY CORDIAL RECIPE – MAKING HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE COVERED …
CHERRY CORDIAL FUDGE HEARTS - HUNGRY HAPPENINGS
CORDIAL CHERRY CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE - THE FLIP FLOP WIFE
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CORDIALS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPE: CHERRY CORDIAL CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
CHERRY CORDIAL TORTE - CAROLINA COUNTRY
CHERRY CHIFFON CAKE - LIVING WELL MOM
HOMEMADE LITTLE DEBBIE CHERRY CORDIALS - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
HOMEMADE CHERRY CORDIALS - IMPERIAL SUGAR | RECIPES
CHERRY CORDIAL CHOCOLATE DUMP CAKE RECIPE | MISS INFORMATION
CHERRY SNACK CAKE - BEYOND THE CHICKEN COOP
CHERRY CORDIAL CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - COOKING CLASSY
CHERRY CORDIAL CUPCAKES ON BAKESPACE.COM
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY BUNDT CAKE - SPARKLES OF YUM
MOLDED CHERRY CORDIALS | COUNTRY KITCHEN SWEETART CAKE, CANDY …
MAKE HOMEMADE CHERRY CORDIALS | CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES
RECIPES - QUEEN ANNE® CORDIAL CHERRIES
CHERRY CORDIAL MACARONS – SCONE BAKING AND BEYOND
10 BEST CHERRY CORDIAL DRINK RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINA’S CHERRY CORDIAL CHEESECAKE - YOUTUBE
WISNIAK (POLISH CHERRY CORDIAL LIQUEUR) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE AMAZING CHERRY CORDIAL CUPCAKES FROM SCRATCH!
You'll also love