CLASSIC FRENCH CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring the beans to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook them until they begin to turn tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to the beans and cook until the liquid has absorbed, about 25 additional minutes.
- Remove the beans from the heat, drain and discard any other liquid, and set the beans aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the lardons for 5 minutes, until they turn brown. Transfer them to a plate.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté them for 10 minutes, until they turn light golden brown. Transfer them to the plate with the lardons.
- Brown the sausage and transfer it to a bowl. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Drain all but 4 tablespoons of the fat from the skillet. Add the chicken breast pieces to the fat and brown them over medium-high heat. Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the sausage.
- Brown the chicken legs in the skillet. Then transfer them to the bowl.
- Combine the lardons, onions, sausage, chicken pieces and legs, tomatoes, wine, chicken stock, bouquet garni, garlic, tomato paste, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper in a large casserole dish.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake the casserole for 25 minutes.
- Add the carrots to the pan, cover, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add the reserved white beans to the hot casserole and gently stir the mixture.
- In a small bowl, toss the breadcrumbs, parsley, and thyme with the melted butter. Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs over the casserole.
- Bake it, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Discard the bouquet garni and serve the cassoulet hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 620 kcal, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 172 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 54 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 1372 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 32 g, ServingSize Makes 12 portions, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CHEF JOHN'S QUICK CASSOULET
We've taken some short cuts to make a quick version of the French classic, cassoulet. Chicken thighs replace the classic, and time-consuming, duck confit; canned beans replace dried; and bacon serves as a convenient substitute for other, more involved smoked pork options.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Stews Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Add bacon to a large, cold oven-ready skillet. Place over medium heat and cook for 10-12 minutes, until almost crisp. Transfer to a bowl, reserving the grease in the pan.
- Stir in sausage slices; cook 3-4 minutes. Add chicken thigh pieces; cook and stir for 5 minutes, until browned. Remove meat to the plate with bacon. Discard all the oil, but don't wipe out the pan.
- Add chopped onion and turn the heat to medium-low; cook and stir for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Add 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Mash about 1/4 of the beans in a small bowl, stir all the beans into the pan.
- Stir in cayenne, rosemary and thyme. Add reserved meat back to the pan. Stir in remaining cup of stock or more if needed to cover. Return to simmer.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano and melted butter together in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 7 inches from the heat source.
- Sprinkle the cassoulet with half the bread crumb mixture. Place under the broiler and cook about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Remove the pan and push bread crumbs down into the cassoulet. Top with remaining bread crumb mixture. Return to oven and continue broiling 5 more minutes, until browned.
- Turn off the broiler and leave in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let sit for 5 minutes. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 906.3 calories, Carbohydrate 72.2 g, Cholesterol 141.6 mg, Fat 44.2 g, Fiber 12.5 g, Protein 54.4 g, SaturatedFat 18.8 g, Sodium 2071.5 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
CONFIT CHICKEN THIGH AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE CASSOULET
This riff on a classic cassoulet skips most of the exotic ingredients and elaborate preparation but still delivers deep rich flavor.
Provided by Chris Morocco
Categories Dinner Chicken Sausage Braise Stew Bean Shallot Breadcrumbs Bon Appétit Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the chicken confit:
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a small Dutch oven or other heavy pot. Arrange garlic, shallots, thyme, bay leaves, and juniper berries around chicken; drizzle oil over. Bring to a very low simmer over medium-low heat, cover, and transfer to oven. Cook until meat is very tender, 2-2 1/2 hours. Let cool in oil (preferably overnight).
- For the cassoulet:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1/3 cup oil from chicken confit in a large skillet over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, 10-12 minutes. Squeeze garlic cloves from chicken confit from their skins into skillet and add tomatoes, crushing with your hands. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add beans and their cooking liquid. Skim off remaining fat from chicken confit and pour juices (about 1/2 cup) into skillet (reheat fat in pot just enough to loosen juices underneath if needed). Bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer bean mixture to a 2-2 1/2-qt. baking dish. Nestle chicken into beans, leaving as much skin exposed as possible, then tuck sausage and shallots from confit chicken around. Cook until chicken skin is very crisp and cassoulet is nicely browned, about 2 hours.
- Pulse bread in a blender or food processor to medium-fine crumbs. Toss crumbs in a small bowl with 1 Tbsp. oil from confit chicken (use remaining oil for sautéeing vegetables); season lightly with salt. Top cassoulet with breadcrumbs and cook until they are golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Do Ahead
- Chicken can be cooked 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.
SAUSAGE AND CHICKEN CASSOULET
Flavorful chicken thighs are perched on top of a sausage, bean and tomato mixture in a French-inspired casserole.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook over medium-high heat about 4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Stir in carrots, onion, thyme, salt and pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are browned. Drain well. Remove chicken from skillet.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, mix sausage, beans, tomatoes, bacon, carrots and onion. Top with chicken thighs; cover with foil.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F) and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 14 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 650 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
SAUSAGE AND CHICKEN CASSOULET
Provided by Olivia's Cuisine
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Start by studding the onion with the cloves. Combine the beans, carrot chunks, garlic, onion with cloves, smoked ham hock and bouquet garni in a large pot or stockpot. Add the water and mix well. Heat over high heat until boiling and then lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour to 1.5 hours OR until the beans are almost al dente.
- When the beans are done, drain, reserving the water and getting rid of the veggies, ham hock and bouquet garni.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- While the beans are cooking, in a large casserole pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a plate and reserve. Then, working in batches, brown the sausage and the chicken, about 2-3 minutes per side. You can add olive oil as needed. Remove the cooked chicken and sausage to the plate with the bacon.
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil, if needed, and sauté the onion and garlic, over medium heat, until fragrant and translucent. Add the drained beans, reserved bacon, chopped tomatoes and white wine and cook until the wine reduces slightly. Taste for seasoning and adjust salt and pepper.
- Ladle the bean broth into the casserole dish and add the meat and chicken, distributing evenly. The meat and beans should level with the liquid. If you have too much liquid, just remove some.
- If you want to add the breadcrumb topping, combine breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread the topping evenly over the cassoulet and bake, uncovered, until bubbling and golden, about 1 hour.
- Serve immediately
A cassoulet is a French dish of beans, sausages, and meat that's covered and slowly cooked. Our Test Kitchens version is covered with a cornbread crust. Check your cookware information to make sure your skillet's handle is ovenproof up to 400° or higher. If not--just prep in a traditional skillet and then bake in a casserole dish that holds 2 1/4 to 3 quarts. (You can measure your dish capacity using water if the dish is not labeled.)
Provided by Southern Living Editors
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook sausage in a 2 1/4- to 3-quart ovenproof skillet over medium heat 8 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage from skillet, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Set sausage aside.
- Cook chicken in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until brown.
- Return sausage to skillet with chicken. Stir in beans and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Stir together cornbread mix and 2/3 cup water. Pour evenly over hot sausage mixture in skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Martha White Buttermilk Cornbread Mix. We also used a Le Creuset 2 1/4-quart (8 1/2-inch-diameter x 3-inch-deep) Saucier Pan at one testing and a hand-me-down 3-quart (10-inch-diameter x 3-inch-deep) cast-iron skillet at another testing. Both skillets worked fine.
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET
This is a hearty stew of white beans, chicken and sausage. This recipe was developed for a 3 quart crock pot. If you use a larger one, you will need to double the ingredients. Serve with cornbread, green onion fans and a side salad.
Provided by PaulaG
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the beans, tomato juice, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, and spices.
- Cut the sausages in half lengthwise and slice, stir into beans.
- Place the frozen chicken thighs on top of the bean mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove bay leaves, stir, adjust seasonings as desired and serve.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE CASSOULET
Make and share this Chicken Sausage Cassoulet recipe from Food.com.
Provided by C. Taylor
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Skin sausage and slice into thin slices.
- Heat oil in pan and add chicken, onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook about 7 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the butter.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes or until the liquid has thickened and is almost gone.
- Mix in butter, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 391.4, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 78.4, Sodium 749.7, Carbohydrate 43.7, Fiber 9.5, Sugar 3.2, Protein 22.6
More about "chicken and sausage cassoulet recipes"
CHICKEN CASSOULET RECIPE WITH CHICKEN SAUSAGE - CHEF …
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET - HONEST COOKING
CONFIT CHICKEN THIGH AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE CASSOULET …
CLASSIC FRENCH CASSOULET - JO COOKS
EASY CHICKEN & SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE -- YANKEE …
CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
LAZY CHICKEN-AND-SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
4/5 (2)Category CasserolesServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken thighs, smooth side down. Cook, undisturbed, adjusting heat as necessary so thighs cook evenly without scorching, until edges turn opaque and bottoms are nicely browned, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside on a plate. Do not wipe skillet clean.
- Return skillet and any drippings to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, onion, and sausage. Cook, stirring often, until onion is tender and light golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, allspice, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until heated through and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add wine and tomato paste, and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes. Add beans, stock, and 2 tablespoons oil; bring to a simmer.
- Shred chicken into bite-size pieces; add to onion mixture along with any drippings that have accumulated on the plate. Transfer to an 8- x 11-inch baking dish. Spread into an even layer. Toss breadcrumbs with remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Scatter breadcrumbs over bean mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until heated through, top is browned, and sides are bubbly, about 20 minutes. (If baking from refrigerated, bake an additional 5 to 10 additional minutes.)
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE | TASTE OF FRANCE
Author Hello Fresh
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET - DINNER RECIPES
FRENCH CHICKEN & SAUSAGE CASSOULET | FOOD IN A MINUTE
EASY CASSOULET RECIPE WITH CHICKEN AND SAUSAGES
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE
EASY CASSOULET - HEARTLANDCOOKING.COM
HEALTHY CHICKEN SAUSAGE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET - FRIDAY NIGHT SNACKS AND MORE...
CASSOULET OF SAUSAGES RECIPE - JACQUES PéPIN | FOOD & WINE
EASY CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET - THE MAMA GOURMET
CASSOULET-STYLE CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE RECIPE | PAMELA SALZMAN
CHICKEN AND SMOKED SAUSAGE CASSOULET
SAUSAGE AND CHICKEN CASSOULET RECIPE | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
SAUSAGE AND CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | GOODTO
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
CHICKEN & SAUSAGE CASSOULET - STEFFANIE AT HOME
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE AND CHICKEN CASSOULET - BETTER HOMES
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHICKEN & SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE - SIMPLY QUINOA
CHICKEN CASSOULET WITH SAUSAGE AND SWISS CHARD
CAJUN CHICKEN CASSOULET RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
TRADITIONAL FRENCH CASSOULET RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CHICKEN SAUSAGE CASSOULET – CHEF RICH KUKLE
CHICKEN CASSOULET WITH SAUSAGE - CHEZ LE RêVE FRANçAIS
EASY CASSOULET RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
EASY CHICKEN CASSOULET - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
OUR SPECIAL CASSOULET RECIPE - BBC FOOD
HUNTER'S CASSOULET RECIPE WITH CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE - WINE4FOOD
EASY CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET - FROM A CHEF'S …
EASY CASSOULET RECIPE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
FRENCH CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSOULET - FEARLESS FRESH
CHICKEN CASSOULET | THE COZY APRON
CHICKEN CASSOULET RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #poultry #french #european #chicken #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #meat #equipment
You'll also love