CHICKEN LIVER PATE
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, onion and chicken livers. Reduce heat to low, and simmer approximately 10 minutes, until chicken livers are tender and no longer pink.
- Place chicken liver mixture in a blender with dry sherry, cream cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Cholesterol 62.9 mg, Fat 5.4 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 70.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
CHICKEN LIVER PATE
Reader Maya Parada in Brooklyn, New York, shares her secret for adding sweetness to this pate: grated carrot. Serve as an appetizer, or spread on crackers or sandwiches for rich flavor.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 10 minutes. Add carrot, thyme, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrot is tender, 5 minutes. (If mixture is dry or begins to overbrown, add up to 2 tablespoons water.) Transfer mixture to a food processor.
- Return skillet to medium-high and add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Pat livers dry with paper towels. Season livers with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, 6 minutes. Transfer livers to processor and pulse, scraping down sides as needed, until mixture is mostly smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let cool. Transfer pate to a small bowl and serve at room temperature with toasts or crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 48 g, Fat 3 g, Protein 3 g
CHICKEN LIVER PATE'
- Cook chicken livers in boiling water for about 7-10 minutes; drain well.
- Blend chicken livers with all other ingredients EXCEPT PARSLEY with hand mixer.
- Chill until firm; shape into a log and roll in parsley if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until served.
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé
James Martin's luxuriously rich dinner party starter can be made up to two days in advance for fuss-free entertaining - serve with toasted brioche, cornichons and chutney.
Provided by James Martin
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter is foaming, add the chicken livers and fry for 2 mins each side.
- Stir the crushed garlic, some of the thyme and Madeira into the pan with the livers. Fry for 2 mins, letting the Madeira simmer. Transfer the mixture to a food processor, reserve 200g of the butter and add the rest to the processor. Blend everything to a smooth paste. Season to taste, then spoon into 4 x 70ml clip-top jars.
- Melt the reserved butter in a medium frying pan and add the sliced garlic. Turn the garlic in the butter until slightly golden. Pour into the 4 jars of pâté, ensuring a few slices of garlic and the remaining thyme leaves go in each jar, and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hrs, or until set. Can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Before serving, toast the brioche, then cut into triangular quarters for serving. Stir the diced apple through the chutney. Serve the pâté on small wooden boards with the toasted brioche, cornichons and chutney.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 539 calories, Fat 43 grams fat, SaturatedFat 25 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
CREAMY CHICKEN LIVER PâTé
French pâté is in fact easier to make than my grandmother's chopped liver, which called for rendering chicken fat. Here, you just soften onions in butter, cook the livers, cool, purée and refrigerate. You don't have to bother with soaking the livers in milk, a step found in many recipes. Season aggressively: you want to taste the pepper, the coriander, the brandy and even the allspice and clove. Finally, cook the liver quickly, over pretty high heat. What you want is to brown the outside while keeping the inside pink. This, perhaps, is another major difference between pâté and chopped liver, in which the livers are almost always cooked to death.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dips and spreads, appetizer
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a spice grinder or clean coffee grinder, combine peppercorns, allspice, clove and coriander seeds; grind until fine and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; when foam subsides, add onion and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add livers to pan and sprinkle with salt; cook livers on one side until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes, then flip them and cook the other side. Be sure to keep heat relatively high so that the outside of livers sears and inside stays pink.
- Put onion, livers and their buttery juices into a food processor or blender with remaining butter, the cream, spices and brandy. Purée mixture until it is smooth; taste and adjust seasoning.
- Put pâté in a terrine or bowl, smooth top and put in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or until fully set. Serve pâté with bread or crackers.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 176, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 187 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "chicken liver pt recipes"
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé RECIPE - JACQUES PéPIN | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Category Chicken
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken livers, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the livers are barely pink inside, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the livers, onion and garlic to a food processor; process until coarsely pureed. With the machine on, add the butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until incorporated. Add the Cognac, season with salt and pepper and process until completely smooth. Scrape the pâté into 2 or 3 large ramekins. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pâté and refrigerate until firm. Serve chilled.
CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES
CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPE | DISHES DELISH
INSTANT POT CHICKEN LIVER RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé 101 (AIP, PALEO, SCD) - EAT HEAL THRIVE
CHICKEN LIVER PT – KITOVET
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PORT JELLY AND DRUNKEN FIGS RECIPE - GOOD …
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN LIVERS FOR DOGS: MAKING FIDO A NEW, …
CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CARIBBEAN STYLE CHICKEN LIVERS.
CHICKEN LIVER AND ONIONS (TIPS FOR TASTY RECIPE)
CHICKEN LIVER PT – DSP CREATIVITY
SAUTEED CHICKEN LIVERS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
BEST CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé WITH PISTACHIOS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé - RECIPES.ANOVACULINARY.COM
BEST CHICKEN LIVER P RECIPES AND CHICKEN LIVER P COOKING IDEAS
CROCK POT MUSHROOMY CHICKEN LIVERS RECIPE WITH ONIONS RECIPE …
SIMPLE CHICKEN LIVER AND GIZZARD RECIPE. – INSTANT POT TEACHER
CHICKEN LIVER PATE - CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES - DELISH.COM
CROCK POT CHICKEN LIVER WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON RECIPE
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé CROSTINI - RECIPES LIST
EASY CHICKEN LIVER PâTé RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé - FOOD24
CHEF’S SHOWCASE: CHICKEN LIVER PâTé | THE STAR
SIMPLE CHICKEN LIVER PáTé
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé IN WHITE WINE SAUCE | CHICKEN.CA
THE BEST EVER CHICKEN LIVER PATE - DRIZZLE AND DIP
EASY CHICKEN LIVER PATé RECIPE - TWO LAZY GOURMETS
CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
DR. AXE | HEALTH AND FITNESS NEWS, RECIPES, NATURAL REMEDIES
CHICKEN LIVER WITH ONION AND PEPPER (爆炒鸡肝) - OMNIVORE'S …
CHICKEN LIVER WITH RAW GARLIC AND THYME - AUTOIMMUNE WELLNESS
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé - FOOD24
RECIPE: CHICKEN LIVER PâTé - FOOD NEWS
LIVER AND ONIONS RECIPE: THE SECRET THAT MAKES IT IRRESISTIBLE!
CHICKEN-LIVER-PâTé TOASTS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
INSTANT POT CHOPPED LIVER (CHICKEN LIVER PâTé) - INSTANTLICIOUS
CHRISTMAS CHICKEN LIVER PT - COOKEATSHARE
MAKE THE TASTIEST CHICKEN LIVER PATE AT HOME - THEFOODXP
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook chicken livers?In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken livers, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the livers are barely pink inside, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
How do you make chicken livers with hoisin sauce?Prepare sauce by stirring hoisin sauce with sherry, soy and hot garlic chili sauce. Heat the oil and butter together in a large wide frying pan over medium heat. Add a few livers to the flour mixture and turn to evenly coat. Place in the hot pan. Repeat until all are added. Cook about one minute, then turn and continue cooking about 2 more minutes.
How do you make James Martin's chicken livers starter?James Martin's luxuriously rich dinner party starter can be made up to two days in advance for fuss-free entertaining - serve with toasted brioche, cornichons and chutney. Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter is foaming, add the chicken livers and fry for 2 mins each side.
What is chicken liver pate made out of?Chicken livers are cooked in butter with onion, garlic, white wine, and herbs, then blended with capers into a smooth pâté. Home cook Jennifer Weiss gave this chicken liver pâté recipe 5 stars: "THIS PATE IS FAB-U-LOSO!!