For dinner this week, make Giada De Laurentiis' famous Chicken Piccata recipe, a comforting Italian classic made with lemon, butter and capers.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
CHICKEN PICCATA II
- In a small bowl, beat the egg together with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or dish mix together the flour, garlic powder and paprika. Dip the chicken in the egg/lemon mixture, then in the seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, melt butter/margarine and brown the coated chicken pieces.
- Dissolve the bouillon in the boiling water, then add the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Pour liquid into skillet. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, turning chicken pieces after 10 minutes, until chicken is tender. Garnish as desired and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.3 calories, Carbohydrate 7.6 g, Cholesterol 138.5 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 25.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 539.3 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
For dinner tonight, try Ina Garten's classic Chicken Piccata recipe, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; don't forget the velvety lemon butter sauce.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the egg and 1/2 tablespoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs on a third plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shake off the excess, and then dip in the egg and bread crumb mixtures.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- For the sauce, wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
- Place chicken between plastic wrap and pound evenly until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread flour in a shallow dish; season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; whisk to combine. Place chicken in seasoned flour, turning to coat thoroughly, then tap off the excess.
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter starts to sizzle. Cook the chicken in batches, if necessary, to avoid crowding the pan (the cutlets should fit snugly in a single layer) until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for each side. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the cutlet. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Pour out any excess fat from the pan.
- Return pan to medium heat and add wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 30 seconds. (If the liquid is reducing too quickly -- before all the browned bits have been incorporated -- remove the pan from the heat.) Remove the pan from the heat. Add lemon juice, capers, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and swirl until melted and combined, then add parsley and season with salt as desired.
- Immediately pour the sauce over the chicken, and serve.
CREAMY CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: boneless, skinless chicken breasts, salt, pepper, all-purpose flour, olive oil, dry white wine, unsalted butter, garlic, caper, lemon juice, chicken stock, heavy cream, fresh flat-leaf parsley, angel hair pasta
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Butterfly each chicken breast. Lay a piece of parchment paper on top and pound to about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick. Season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cut each breast in half lengthwise so you have 4 pieces of chicken.
- Add the flour to a wide, shallow dish. Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the white wine into the pan and cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Add the butter, garlic, and capers and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Stir in the cream, then return the chicken to the pan.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and turn the chicken to coat in the sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly, then remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 908 calories, Carbohydrate 87 grams, Fat 45 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 35 grams, Sugar 5 grams
CHICKEN PICCATA II RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by sassy47
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you end up with 6 cutlets. Sprinkle both sides of cutlets with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup flour to a shallow dish. Dredge chicken to coat with flour, shaking off the excess. Transfer to a large plate in a single layer. Place a large skillet (non-stick or stainless steel will work) over medium/high heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp butter. Once butter melts and begins to sizzle, add 3 pieces of dredged chicken and saute 2-4 minutes per side (depending on thickness of chicken). Remove to a serving platter, add additional 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter and sauté remaining chicken. In the same skillet without reducing heat, add 1/2 cup wine, 1 Tbsp butter, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1/4 cup rinsed capers. Simmer 1 minute then dip your chicken pieces into your sauce a few pieces at a time and place them back on your platter. Continue simmering sauce another 2 minutes to slightly thicken. Drizzle sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.
More about "chicken piccata ii recipes"
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.7/5 (207)Author Chris MoroccoServings 4Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise into 4 cutlets and lightly pound each piece between sheets of plastic wrap until an even thickness (about ½" thick or less). Season lightly with salt. Place flour in a medium shallow bowl. Working one at a time, place cutlets in bowl and toss to coat in flour. Knock off excess flour and transfer to a plate.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Working in batches if needed to avoid overcrowding the pan, cook cutlets, without moving them, until deeply browned underneath, about 2 minutes. Turn over and cook on the other side just until chicken is nearly cooked through, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add garlic and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the skillet and cook, stirring often and reducing heat if needed to keep garlic from scorching, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add wine and capers and cook, swirling pan and scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of skillet, until liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add ½ cup water, followed by the butter. Swirl pan vigorously while butter melts to help it form an emulsion with water, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir lemon juice into sauce; season with salt. Transfer chicken and sauce to a platter and top with parsley; serve with lemon wedges.
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE VIDEO - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
A BETTER CHICKEN PICCATA | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN PICCATA (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
CHICKEN PICCATA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PICCATA TWO WAYS - DELISH
19 RECIPES INSPIRED BY CHICKEN PICCATA | TASTE OF HOME
EASY CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY …
EASY CHICKEN PICCATA (30 MINUTE MEAL!) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
10 BEST CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPES - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
CHICKEN PICCATA II RECIPE | SAY MMM
CREAMY CHICKEN PICCATA - DAMN DELICIOUS
CHICKEN PICCATA II | RECIPESTY
CHICKEN PICCATA – THE BEST AND EASIEST DINNER RECIPE
CHICKEN PICCATA - THE COZY COOK
CHICKEN PICCATA | TASTYCOOKERY
BEST CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
CHICKEN PICCATA - CAFE DELITES
CHICKEN PICCATA - SPEND WITH PENNIES
LEMON CHICKEN PICCATA - DINNER RECIPES FOR TWO
CHICKEN PICCATA II - LUNCH RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE - A SIMPLE TWEAK
CHICKEN PICCATA - I HEART EATING - I HEART RECIPES
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE (SKILLET OR AIR FRYER) - SKINNYTASTE
CHICKEN PICCATA - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE - A FAMILY FAVORITE! - KYLEE COOKS
CLASSIC CHICKEN PICCATA | 12 TOMATOES
CHICKEN PICCATA MEATBALLS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN PICCATA | TASTYCOOKERY
CHICKEN PICCATA II - THE FAMILY COOKBOOK
19 BEST LOW CARB CHICKEN RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN PICCATA II | RECIPE | CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE, RECIPES, COOKING
CHICKEN PICCATA II (KITCHENPC)
RECIPES FOR CHICKEN PICCATA II WITH GROCERY LISTS AND NUTRITIONAL ...
CHICKEN PICCATA II RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN PICCATA II | PUNCHFORK
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPES - REDCIPES
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE - READY IN 20 MINUTES! - MOM ON TIMEOUT
You'll also love