CHICKEN PROVENçAL WITH OLIVES & ARTICHOKES
Cater for a crowd with this easy, hearty chicken casserole that evokes summer in Provence using a fragrant selection of herbs, tomatoes, olives and artichokes
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Tip the chicken into a large bowl or dish and add the garlic, wine, 2 tbsp oil and the thyme. Season with 2 tbsp flaky salt and mix well until completely coated. Cover and chill for at least a few hours, but preferably overnight.
- Heat grill to high. Arrange the plum tomatoes on a tray, cut-side up, drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp oil and grill for 15 mins, or until charred. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large casserole dish or flameproof roasting tin. Scrape the marinade off the chicken pieces back into the bowl and fry the chicken in batches for about 15 mins until the skin is golden and crisp - watch out, the oil has a tendency to sputter. Remove the chicken from the dish and pour off the oil. Place the dish back on the heat, add the tomato purée and cook for 2 mins, then add the herbs, fennel seeds, remaining marinade and chicken stock. Bring up to the boil, add the grilled tomatoes, then simmer gently for 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 4. Nestle the chicken pieces back into the dish, then stir them in to coat in the sauce. Scatter over the celery, button onions and artichokes. Bring up to a simmer, pop the lid on, then transfer to the oven and cook for 1 hr. Remove the lid and stir in the olives. Season to taste and leave everything to settle for 15 mins before serving straight from the dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 2.3 milligram of sodium
ROASTED CHICKEN PROVENCAL
Juicy chicken gets a French twist with roasted tomatoes, onion, peppers and olives.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, olives and anchovies in a large roasting pan. Add the marmalade, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon water and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Pat the chicken dry, insert the rosemary into its cavity and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and a couple turns of pepper. Push the vegetables to the sides of the roasting pan and put the chicken breast-side up in the center.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken so that it is breast-side down and continue to roast until golden brown all over, about 15 minutes. Flip the chicken back to breast-side up and continue to roast until the vegetables are saucy and tender and the chicken is cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should register 165 degrees F), about 15 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes, then cut the chicken into pieces and serve with the vegetables.
DOUBLE-DUTY CHICKEN WITH OLIVES & ARTICHOKES
My grandmother came from the region around Seville, Spain, where olives are produced. They get a starring role in her scrumptious chicken. -Suzette Zara, Scottsdale, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings plus leftovers.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken thighs in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker., Sprinkle garlic, lemon zest, thyme and rosemary over chicken. Top with artichoke hearts, olives and bay leaf. In a bowl, mix orange juice, broth and honey; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf., Reserve 4 chicken thighs for Double-Duty Chicken & Feta Spinach Salad; cover and refrigerate. To serve remaining chicken, mix gremolata ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken and artichoke mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 434 calories, Fat 21g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 81mg cholesterol, Sodium 971mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
ONE-PAN ARTICHOKE CHICKEN PROVENçAL
Create a masterpiece tonight with our One-Pan Artichoke Chicken Provençal. Our elegant One-Pan Artichoke Chicken Provençal won't even dirty many dishes.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook chicken in large deep skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 2 min. on each side or until evenly browned on both sides. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except cheese in skillet. Bring to boil. Return chicken to skillet; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 6 to 8 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).
- Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 610 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 30 g
CHICKEN PROVENCALE WITH BELL PEPPERS AND OLIVES
- Use the heel of your hand to flatten chicken into more or less even 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides with herbes de Provence and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and saute over medium to medium high heat until well-browned on both sides and almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove to plate, leaving drippings in pan.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add peppers and cook, stirring until they begin to soften and brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring up any brown bits, for 30 seconds. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, partially covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add olives and heat through, about 1 minute.
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES AND OLIVES
Imbued with the classic Mediterranean flavors of artichokes, garlic, mint and olives, this braised chicken is complex and highly satisfying, with a white wine sauce brightened with lemon. Fresh artichokes have the most pronounced character and meatiest texture, but if you can't get them or don't want to go to the trouble of cleaning them, you can substitute frozen artichoke hearts (you'll need a 9- or 10-once package). Serve this with crusty bread for sauce-mopping.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories one pot, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into a large bowl of water. Discard the outer leaves of each artichoke. As you do so, and as you continue cleaning the artichokes, dip them into the lemon water to stop the cut sides from browning. Use a paring knife to peel the base and stems. Slice off the top third of each artichoke. Slice the artichokes in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon, scoop out the hairy chokes inside, pulling out any prickly purple leaves as well. Slice each half into three pieces. Put trimmed artichoke pieces in lemon water until needed.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a large (12-inch) ovenproof skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and sear in batches until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add artichokes and garlic to pan, adding more oil if needed, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute more.
- Pour in wine and stir in olives, rosemary branches and grated zest of 1/2 lemon. (Do not discard after zesting.) Return chicken to pan. Bring liquid to a simmer.
- Cover pan and transfer to oven. Cook until chicken is tender, 30 to 35 minutes. (Check white meat after 25 minutes and remove from oven if done.) Transfer chicken to a plate and place skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until pan juices thicken and become saucelike, about 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in butter.
- Return chicken to pan and sprinkle with cheese. Adjust oven heat to broil and place pan in the oven until cheese is melted and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. (Watch carefully to see that it does not burn.) Squeeze juice of remaining lemon half over pan and serve garnished with chives or mint if you like.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1047, UnsaturatedFat 45 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 71 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 77 grams, SaturatedFat 20 grams, Sodium 1364 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 1 gram
More about "chicken provenal with olives artichokes recipes"
ROASTED CHICKEN PROVENCAL RECIPE - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 481 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place peeled shallots and garlic on the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- Dredge the chicken. Season chicken on both sides with Kosher salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken quarters in flour on all sides, then shake off any excess. Place chicken legs on top of shallots and garlic.
- Season with herbs de Provence. Generously sprinkle dried herbs de Provence on top of chicken.
- Add liquid. Combine Vermouth and artichoke spread in a small bowl, then whisk to combine. Pour into the roasting pan around the chicken. Scatter with green olives. See note below.
CHICKEN PROVENçAL (EASY TO MAKE FRENCH CHICKEN!) - THE …
4.8/5 (12)Calories 729 per servingCategory Dinner
CHICKEN PROVENçAL WITH OLIVES AND CHERRY TOMATOES
4.5/5 (13)Category EntréesServings 4Total Time 1 hr
ONE PAN CHICKEN ARTICHOKE OLIVE SKILLET - RUNNING TO THE …
CLASSIC CHICKEN PROVENCAL - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 854 per serving
ONE PAN GREEK CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES AND OLIVES
ONE-PAN CHICKEN WITH LEMON, OLIVES, AND ARTICHOKES RECIPE
RECIPE: A PROVENCAL CHICKEN STEW WITH ARTICHOKES, POTATOES, AND …
CHICKEN PROVENçAL WITH OLIVES AND ARTICHOKES| CREATE COOK SHARE
EASY CHICKEN PROVENçALE RECIPE | WITH ARTICHOKES, OLIVES, CHERRY ...
CHICKEN PROVENçAL WITH OLIVES AND ARTICHOKES – THE BARE BIRD
PROVENCAL PARTY CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN PROVENCAL (WITH TOMATOES AND OLIVES) - MON PETIT FOUR®
PROVENçAL CHICKEN, ARTICHOKE AND OLIVE PASTA - CHATELAINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken with artichokes and olives?Remove chicken to a platter; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining half of chicken. Add artichokes, onion, and 1 cup of the olives to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is just softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
How do you make olives on chicken thighs?My grandmother came from the region around Seville, Spain, where olives are produced. They get a starring role in her scrumptious chicken. —Suzette Zara, Scottsdale, Arizona In a shallow bowl, mix flour, garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken thighs in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
What is the best recipe for chicken Provencal?There is no one absolute recipe for Chicken Provencal, but there are some pieces that are integral to the success of the dish. The cut of chicken you use is important, as it is with any braised dish, but also the dish should include some lemons, briny ingredients like olives and/or capers, ripe tomatoes, and lots of herbs.
How to cook artichokes in the oven?Slice the artichokes in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon, scoop out the hairy chokes inside, pulling out any prickly purple leaves as well. Slice each half into three pieces. Put trimmed artichoke pieces in lemon water until needed. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.