CHICKEN WITH A SHERRY MUSHROOM SAUCE
One of my favorite recipes, this chicken with a sherry mushroom sauce is tender and loaded with rich flavors. Plus it comes together in under an hour, with just 20 minutes of active preparation time.
Provided by Kit
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken to the skillet. Then add 1/4 cup of sherry. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes per side, until browned. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate while you work on the sauce.
- Melt another tablespoon of butter in the same skillet you just used to cook the chicken. Add the garlic and stir, scraping up any brown bits. After a minute add the mushrooms. Generously salt and pepper and toss until the mushrooms are evenly coated with butter. Cook for 2 minutes. Then add the remaining sherry. Let the mushrooms simmer for another 4 minutes. Then stir in the cream and thyme. Let the sauce reduce for 5 minutes then add the chicken back to the skillet. Place the skillet in the oven for 30 minutes so that the chicken can finish cooking. (Make sure you are using an oven-safe skillet!)
- After 30 minutes in the oven the chicken should be done - serve it with pasta or rice pilaf. Spoon the sauce over the top.
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC-SHERRY SAUCE
This garlic-kissed chicken is delicious, plain or fancy. It's an elegant entree for guests-and my husband and I love its leftovers in rice casseroles and hot, open-face sandwiches. -Sheri Sidwell, Alton, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For brine, in a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Cook and stir until salt is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature., Place a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag inside a second large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Carefully pour cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, turning several times., Preheat oven to 400°. Drain and discard brine. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat. , Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon., In the drippings, saute garlic for 1 minute. Add broth, sherry or additional broth and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Discard thyme. Stir in the butter, lemon juice and remaining pepper. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534 calories, Fat 29g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 197mg cholesterol, Sodium 508mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 60g protein.
CALIFORNIA SHERRY CHICKEN
Chicken with a hint of lemon, sherry and garlic served with veggies like zucchini and carrots. Like, totally California Sherry Chicken, dude! Serve with roasted potatoes or Fettuccine Alfredo, if desired.
Provided by Nikki
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Chicken Chicken Breast Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag with flour, salt, and pepper. Seal bag and shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken on each side for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet combine sherry, broth, garlic and a squeeze of lemon and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- In the meantime, saute carrots and zucchini in a separate medium skillet until they are tender. Add to simmering chicken and sauce and heat through before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.6 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Cholesterol 71.9 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 30.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 893.5 mg, Sugar 7 g
CHICKEN IN CREAMY DIJON-SHERRY SAUCE
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate. Add mushrooms, onion and peppercorns to skillet and sauté until onion is tender, about 7 minutes. Add broth, cream, Sherry and mustard to skillet. Simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, scraping up browned bits, about 15 minutes. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan. Cook until chicken is just heated through, about 4 minutes longer.
SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH PARSNIP, APPLE, AND SHERRY PAN SAUCE
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add parsnip; sauté until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add apple and chopped thyme; cook until parsnip and apple are tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer parsnip mixture to plate.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken breasts; sauté until cooked through and golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 chicken breasts.
- Add Sherry to same skillet. Stir over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits. Add parsnip mixture and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken; garnish with thyme sprigs.
CHICKEN IN SHERRY MUSHROOM SAUCE
Make and share this Chicken in Sherry Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place chicken broth in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper, sprinkle over chicken.
- Coat a large frypan with cooking spray and place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from frypan, and set aside.
- Wipe drippings from frypan with a paper towel.
- Add margarine, mushrooms and shallots to frypan, cook over medium high heat until mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Add sherry, and bring to a boil, add broth and cook 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups.
- Return chicken to frypan, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook sauce over high heat about 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup, stir in parsley.
- Serve sherry mushroom sauce with chicken breasts.
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS IN SHERRY-CREAM SAUCE
Make and share this Chicken and Mushrooms in Sherry-Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Pat chicken dry and toss with flour and season to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tblsp of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking; brown chicken and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining tblsp of oil until hot but not smoking and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add Sherry and lemon juice and deglaze skillet, stirring and scraping up brown bits.
- Stir in chicken, cream and broth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and boil until thickened.
- Arrange noodles on a platter, spoon chicken and sauce over and sprinkle with parsley.
CHICKEN SAUTé WITH SHERRY
Provided by James Beard
Categories Chicken Poultry Sauté Quick & Easy Sherry Winter House & Garden
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté chicken pieces, turning to color on all sides-do not let them get too brown, the chicken should be just a delicate golden color. Reduce flame and add salt, pepper, and ginger. Add 1/2 cup sherry and cook gently for 15 to 20 minutes, turning chicken once or twice to bathe it evently in the juices. When tender remove to a hot platter. Add remaining sherry to pan, turn up heat, cook, and stir, scraping up the brown crust from the pan and blending it into the sauce. When blended and hot, pour sauce over chicken. Serve with sautéed or fried potatoes and a green salad. With this, drink a dry white wine.
More about "chicken saut with sherry recipes"
CREAMY SHERRY CHICKEN • SALT & LAVENDER
5/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 440 per serving
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you have four thinner cutlets. Sprinkle them with the garlic powder, season them generously with salt & pepper on both sides, and then coat each piece in flour.
- Add the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes.
- To the skillet, add in the remaining butter, mushrooms, onions, and Italian seasoning. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until the water has been released and then cooked off.
CHICKEN WITH SHERRY VINEGAR SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (15)Calories 194 per serving
BEST SHERRY CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ONE-PAN …
ONE-PAN CHICKEN WITH SHERRY VINEGAR | ALEXANDRA'S …
SAUTéED CHICKEN LIVERS WITH APPLES AND SHERRY | RICARDO
13 DINNER RECIPES TO USE UP THAT BOTTLE OF SHERRY - BRIT + CO
CHICKEN WITH DELICIOUS SHERRY SAUCE | IDIOT'S KITCHEN
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH HAM & SHERRY RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
12 DELICIOUS RECIPES TO COOK IN A CAST-IRON SKILLET
CHICKEN WITH SHERRY MUSHROOMS SAUCE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN BREAST WITH SHERRY SAUCE - TASTY KITCHEN
BEST CHICKEN SAUTé WITH SHERRY RECIPES
LOW CARB ITALIAN CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE – BONELESS CHICKEN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken in sherry sauce?Add sherry, and bring to a boil, add broth and cook 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups. Return chicken to frypan, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Cook sauce over high heat about 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup, stir in parsley.
How to cook chicken breast in Sherry mushroom sauce?Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Cook sauce over high heat about 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup, stir in parsley. Serve sherry mushroom sauce with chicken breasts. Got a question?
How do you make Sherry in a skillet?Heat remaining tblsp of oil until hot but not smoking and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Add Sherry and lemon juice and deglaze skillet, stirring and scraping up brown bits.
How do you cook chicken in a pan?Sprinkle them with the garlic powder, season them generously with salt & pepper on both sides, and then coat each piece in flour. Add the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes. Sear the chicken for about 4-5 minutes/side or until golden.