EASY GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN
- Pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag combine the garlic, ginger, oil and lime juice. Seal bag and shake until blended. Open bag and add chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for no more than 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill or broil, basting with marinade, until cooked through and juices run clear. Dispose of any remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 79.8 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
CHICKEN WITH GINGER
- Soak ginger in cold water 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; brown chicken in two batches, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook ginger, onion, and garlic, stirring until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; cook over high heat until thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken; stir to warm. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 g, Fat 9 g, Protein 41 g
GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH GINGER SCALLION SAUCE
Simple grilled chicken thighs are taken up a notch with an unexpected and flavorful sauce made from ginger and scallions. The sauce is so fresh and bright, you'll find yourself wanting to eat it with everything.
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make the scallion sauce: Add the scallions, vegetable oil, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic to a small bowl and stir to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of the ginger scallion sauce to a large bowl and keep the rest refrigerated until ready to serve the chicken.
- For the chicken thighs: To the bowl with the 2 tablespoons reserved ginger scallion sauce, add the oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sambal oelek. Whisk to combine, then add the chicken thighs. Stir to coat the chicken in the marinade. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken to a paper towel-lined baking sheet, smooth-side up. Sprinkle the smooth side with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Transfer the chicken to the heated grill pan, seasoning-side down. Sprinkle the underside with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill for 10 minutes, rotating the chicken once. Flip the chicken and cook until it is 165 degrees F all the way through and has nice grill marks, an additional 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Serve the chicken with the remaining ginger scallion sauce.
Ginger and soy sauce lend an Asian flair to this hearty and healthy main dish. -Ben Haen, Baldwin, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the egg white, soy sauce, cornstarch and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. For sauce, combine the cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar until smooth; set aside., Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm., Stir-fry green pepper and onions in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add bamboo shoots and ginger; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender., Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 748mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
INDONESIAN GINGER CHICKEN
- Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted. Arrange the chicken in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.
Though this may look like regular old chicken, don't be fooled: It's buzzing with the bright flavors of ginger and lime. Mayonnaise is the secret ingredient in this recipe, which is a trick J. Kenji López-Alt has written about. When slathered on boneless chicken and cooked, the beloved condiment carries flavor, sticks to the meat well, encourages browning and prevents the pieces of lime zest and ginger - or whatever seasonings you choose - from burning. Try this technique first with ginger and lime zest, then experiment with grated garlic, jalapeño, lemon, Parmesan and whatever else you can imagine. Serve with a pile of white rice and a fresh green salad topped with thinly sliced avocado.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, weekday, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pat the chicken dry and season all over with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lime zest and ginger; season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat. (The chicken can sit in the marinade for up to 8 hours in the fridge. Let come to room temperature before cooking.)
- To grill: Heat a grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken over direct heat until cooked through and juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side for thighs and about 4 minutes per side for breasts, turning as necessary to avoid burning.
- To cook in a skillet: Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Cook the chicken until juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side for thighs and about 4 minutes per side for breasts.
- Serve chicken with lime wedges, for squeezing on top.
CHICKEN WITH GINGER
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep skillet. Add the chicken, stir-fry briefly, then add the oyster sauce, stirring.
- Stir in the ginger, sugar, scallions and pepper. Continue cooking about 5 minutes longer, just until the chicken is cooked through. Moisten the mixture with a little stock or water to make a sauce that coats the chicken.
- Remove from heat, and serve with rice.
Stir fries require very little cooking time and you can pretty much use any vegetables you like, but the star of this one is the ginger. This dish is quick and easy to make, but get all of your ingredients together (including mixing the sauce) before you start cooking because everything happens fast! Serve with rice, and garnish with sliced green onions.
Provided by lutzflcat
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken to the wok, and stir-fry until chicken is opaque on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the wok. Add bell pepper, onion, and snow peas; stir-fry until vegetables start to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk together water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and garlic in a bowl. Add sauce to the wok, stirring constantly until sauce starts to thicken. Add chicken back to the wok, stir, and reheat, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Cholesterol 65.1 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1336.2 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
This zingy curry is must-make recipe and only takes 50 minutes, fresher than your local take away and much healthier too
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Buffet, Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Slice each chicken thigh into 2 or 3 large chunks, then put in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, half the coriander, lime juice and 1 tbsp of the oil. Stir well, then cover and leave in the fridge to marinate until ready to cook. For the best flavour, do this in the morning or, better still, the night before.
- Peel and quarter the onions, then very finely chop them in a food processor; for a curry you want the onion really fine. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the onion and stir-fry for about 8 mins until soft. Stir in the turmeric and cook for 1 min more, stirring well.
- Tip in the chicken mixture with the marinade and cook over a high heat until the chicken changes colour. Pour in the coconut milk, add the chilli and stock, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is tender. Stir in the remaining coriander, then serve with pilau rice, a bowl of mango chutney - we like Geeta's - and some poppadoms or naan bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 1.29 milligram of sodium
Provided by James Beard
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Take a piece of fresh ginger about the size of a finger and chop it fine or grate it on a coarse grater. Combine it with 1 finely chopped clove of garlic and a sprig or two of fresh coriander or Chinese parsley (also known as cilantro). Put this mixture in the cavity of a chicken and add a dash or two of soy sauce. Close the vent with foil, truss the bird and brush it with a mixture of soy sauce, peanut oil and ground ginger. Spit it and roast, basting during the cooking with more soy, oil and ginger.
- Serve this chicken with a good chutney, hot mustard and additional soy sauce. Rice, of course, is the perfect accompaniment. Dress the rice with plenty of butter, chopped toasted almonds, salt and freshly ground black pepper. To drink with this there is nothing better than iced or hot tea. Finish the dinner with vanilla ice cream topped with chopped preserved ginger. This is an amazing combination of flavors and sensations: tangy, hot, sweet, and mellow.
CHICKEN CURRY WITH GINGER
This recipe has become a staple in my home. The crushed red pepper gives the dish some zing without being too spicy.
Provided by Grooved Pavement
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix first 6 ingredients in glass baking dish. Add chicken; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade. Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add reserved marinade and chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to platter. Serve with rice and plain yogurt on the side, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.8, Fat 9.3, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 68.4, Sodium 330.4, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 3, Protein 28.4
CASHEW CHICKEN WITH GINGER
There are lots of recipes for cashew chicken, but my family thinks this one stands alone. We love the flavor from the fresh ginger and the crunch of the cashews. Another plus is it's easy to prepare. -Oma Rollison, El Cajon, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix first 4 ingredients until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove from pan. , In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry mushrooms, pepper, water chestnuts and ginger until pepper is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir broth mixture and add to pan with green onions; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes., Stir in chicken and cashews; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349 calories, Fat 19g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 650mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN WITH MANGO AND GINGER
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place mango wedges in center of four 18-inch-long pieces of parchment. Top with chicken, ginger, cilantro, and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle each with 2 teaspoons oil. Fold parchment into a twist or envelope shape.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until packets are puffed up and chicken is cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 g, Fat 12 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 37 g
More about "chicken with ginger recipes"
GINGER CHICKEN - AUTHENTIC CHINESE IN 30 MINUTES! - THE …
5/5 (35)Calories 206 per servingCategory Chicken
- Using a cleaver, lightly smash the white parts of the scallions, the garlic, and the ginger (use a firmer hand on the ginger). This releases the flavors of the aromatics for a more flavorful dish.
- Spread the canola oil around the perimeter of the wok, and heat it until it just starts smoking. Add the smashed ginger slices, and fry for 15 seconds.
- Spread the chicken pieces in a single layer in the wok. Sear for 45 seconds. Flip them and fry the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the white parts of the scallions, garlic, and shallots. Continue to stir-fry over high heat, mixing everything together for another 30 seconds.
10 BEST CHINESE GINGER CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
MISO-GINGER CHICKEN MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
CHICKEN WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION - PINCH OF NOM
HONEY GINGER CHICKEN - BAKING MISCHIEF
GINGER CHICKEN - JO COOKS
GINGER GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN - FLAVOR QUOTIENT
GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN (EASY + HEALTHY RECIPE!) - THE …
GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN - AMANDA COOKS & STYLES
EASY STICKY GINGER CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
30-MINUTE GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY - INSPIRED TASTE
HONEY GINGER GRILLED CHICKEN - THROUGHTHEFIBROFOG
SHEET PAN GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN & BROCCOLI RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
GARLIC-GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GINGER-HONEY CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STICKY, SWEET & SPICY GRILLED GINGER CHICKEN | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
GINGER AND TURMERIC CHICKEN | RICARDO
CHICKEN WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONIONS - KHIN'S KITCHEN
GINGER GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
STICKY GINGER SOY GLAZED CHICKEN - BUDGET BYTES
GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH GINGER-SCALLION SAUCE RECIPE
BEST GINGERY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
CHICKEN WITH GINGER RECIPE | RECIPE | GINGER RECIPES, QUICK …
10 BEST LEMONGRASS GINGER CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROAST CHICKEN WITH GINGER MAYONNAISE - LOVEFOOD.COM
SOY-GINGER BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
GINGER SOY CHICKEN (INSTANT POT) - RASA MALAYSIA
CHICKEN AND GINGER WITH SPRING ONION - CHINESE RECIPES FOR ALL
GINGER CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
VIETNAMESE GINGER CHICKEN (GA KHO GUNG) — VICKY PHAM
ONE PAN GINGER CHICKEN AND RICE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CHINESE STEAMED CHICKEN WITH GINGER SCALLION SAUCE
GARLIC AND GINGER OVEN ROAST CHICKEN - DISHES & DUST BUNNIES
EASY GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE YOU'LL LOVE - A GIRL WORTH SAVING
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #poultry #asian #easy #chicken #dietary #meat #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love