CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON, RAISINS & PINE NUTS
- Heat a large frying pan on a high heat and season the chicken. Add the olive oil to the pan, then the chicken. Brown for about 5 mins on each side, remove onto a plate, then set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium. In the remaining fat, fry the onions for 3 mins, then add the garlic and saffron. Cook for 3-4 mins more. Add the sherry, then simmer for 3-5 mins until syrupy.
- Put the chicken leg pieces back into the pan, tip in the stock, thyme and raisins, cover, then gently cook on a low heat for 20 mins. Add the breast meat and any juices left on the plate. Simmer for 10 mins more until cooked through and the sauce in the pan has reduced.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Scatter the pine nuts over a baking sheet, then roast for 10 mins until golden and toasted. Once the chicken has cooked through, season to taste, scatter with pine nuts and parsley, then serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587 calories, Fat 37 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 17 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 45 grams protein, Sodium 0.68 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN WITH RAISINS
I turn to this recipe -- adapted from the French chef Madeleine Kamman, who died in the summer of 2018 - when cool weather is on the horizon. Perhaps it's the dried fruit or chicken braised in a sauce (instead of being striped on the grill) that appeals to the season. But it's an easy winner for those first dinners when fall appears. Though plumped raisins are called for, other dried fruit, like diced figs or quartered prunes work well, too.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place raisins in a bowl, add brandy and set aside to plump overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Make the chicken: Dry chicken pieces. Heat oil in a sauté pan on medium-high, add chicken, skin side down, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn pieces and brown second side. Scatter shallots over chicken. Add verjus to the pan, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 15 to 20 minutes, basting chicken once, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a dish and cover to keep warm. Add raisins with their brandy to the pan, bring to a simmer for a couple of minutes, then add glace de viande and crème fraîche. Cook for several minutes, until the sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon.
- Return chicken to the pan, baste with the sauce, then transfer the contents of the pan to a warm, rimmed platter and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 744, UnsaturatedFat 31 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 47 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 44 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 837 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON, RAISINS & PINE NUTS
Chicken with saffron, raisins & pine nuts requires approximately 1 hour and 5 minutes from start to finish. One serving contains 262 calories, 8g of protein, and 15g of fat. This recipe serves 4. This recipe covers 9% of your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. Head to the store and pick up thyme leaves, saffron, onions, and a few other things to make it today. It is a good option if you're following a gluten free and dairy free diet.
Provided by Foodiez
Categories Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a large frying pan on a high heat and season the chicken.
- Add the olive oil to the pan, then the chicken. Brown for about 5 mins on each side, remove onto a plate, then set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium. In the remaining fat, fry the onions for 3 mins, then add the garlic and saffron. Cook for 3-4 mins more.
- Add the sherry, then simmer for 3-5 mins until syrupy.
- Put the chicken leg pieces back into the pan, tip in the stock, thyme and raisins, cover, then gently cook on a low heat for 20 mins.
- Add the breast meat and any juices left on the plate. Simmer for 10 mins more until cooked through and the sauce in the pan has reduced.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas
- Scatter the pine nuts over a baking sheet, then roast for 10 mins until golden and toasted. Once the chicken has cooked through, season to taste, scatter with pine nuts and parsley, then serve with rice.
PINE NUT CHICKEN
I like trying new dishes and getting away from the same meals all the time.-Wanda Holoubek, Omaha, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs in another shallow bowl. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Coat with flour mixture; dip into eggs. Pat the nuts firmly onto both sides of chicken. , In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448 calories, Fat 35g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 109mg cholesterol, Sodium 233mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS AND SPICED PINE NUTS
From Farid Zadi. "There is no typical tagine of Algeria-the country is too big, and the cooks are all too opinionated to agree on a typical dish," says Zadi. Still, this version epitomizes the spirit of Algerian cooking, with many flavors in perfect balance and no single ingredient overwhelming the others. And we found the savory, juicy meat (simmered with blood-orange preserves and apricots) and the spiced toasted pine nuts to be an absolutely delicious combination. This pairs well with Recipe # 289150
Provided by Annacia
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Make tagine:.
- Cut out and reserve wings and backbone from chicken.
- Cut breast in half through bone, then cut off legs and cut to separate into thighs and drumsticks (for a total of 6 serving pieces, not including wings and backbone).
- Pat chicken pieces dry and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then brown chicken breasts, skin sides down, without turning, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Brown thighs and legs, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes, transferring to plate.
- Brown wings and backbone in same manner.
- Cook shallots in butter with remaining tablespoon oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over medium heat, stirring frequently, until soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, and paprika and cook, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Add chicken with any juices from plate, saffron (if using), and 1/2 teaspoon salt to shallot mixture and turn chicken to coat.
- Add water and bring to a boil, covered, then cook at a bare simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and add orange preserves, cinnamon stick, thyme, cilantro sprigs, and apricots.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until chicken is very tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Brown pine nuts while chicken cooks:.
- Heat oil in a small heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then stir in pine nuts, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne (if using) and cook, stirring frequently, until nuts are lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes (watch carefully; they burn easily).
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- To serve:.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm, covered. If sauce is not thick, boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 cup.
- Discard herb sprigs, cinnamon stick, wings, and backbone.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and spoon sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 794.4, Fat 59.6, SaturatedFat 15.3, Cholesterol 194.8, Sodium 184.2, Carbohydrate 18.1, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 10.8, Protein 46.1
LEMON CHICKEN WITH GINGER AND PINE NUTS
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small food processor add 1/4 teaspoons salt. Process until it is a paste.
- Sprinkle remaining salt over chicken evenly.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken cook 3 minutes on each side (or until brownwed).
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Add onion, prosciutto and red pepper to the pan; saute for 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth and remaining ingredients; bring to a boit. Cover, reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, stir in pine nut mixture. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.5, Fat 8.7, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 98.7, Sodium 373.9, Carbohydrate 5.6, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2.1, Protein 40.4
CHICKEN SALAD WITH PINE NUTS AND RAISINS
This chicken salad recipe with pine nuts and raisins has a honey mustard style dressing and is topped with onions and croutons. If you don't have olive oil spray, you can just use any non-stick cooking spray.
Provided by MARBALET
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the croutons by spreading bread cubes over prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray cubes with oil or cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, honey, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare the salad by placing the chicken in a pan and cover with water. Bring just to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat, drain and cool; dice or pull into shreds.
- Combine the chicken with the celery, raisins and lemon peel.
- When ready to serve, stir together the lemon juice and olive oil. Tear the lettuce into small pieces and toss with the lemon and oil mixture. Divide between plates and top with the chicken salad. Garnish with onion rings, a sprinkling of pine nuts and the croutons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332 calories, Carbohydrate 25.4 g, Cholesterol 48.9 mg, Fat 17.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 20.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 347.3 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
More about "chicken with saffron raisins pine nuts recipes"
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH ORANGE AND ROSEMARY, AND …
CHICKEN WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CAULIFLOWER WITH SAFFRON, PINE NUTS AND RAISINS RECIPE / RIVERFORD
CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON RAISINS & PINE NUTS RECIPE - IFOOD.TV
SAUTéED CHICKEN LIVERS RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
PINE NUT AND SHERRY RECIPES - SUPERCOOK
RECIPE: SAFFRON RICE WITH RAISINS AND PINE NUTS STEP BY STEP WITH ...
CHICKEN NUTS RAISINS - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON, RAISINS & PINE NUTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHICKEN WITH PINE NUTS BEST RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE, SAFFRON, PINE NUTS AND RAISINS
SPANISH RECIPES: CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON, RAISINS & PINE NUTS
CHICKEN IN PINE NUT & SAFFRON STEW - GREEDY GOURMET
CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON RECIPES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, PINENUTS, RAISINS AND SAFFRON
JASMINE RICE WITH PINE NUTS BEST RECIPES
SAFFRON RICE WITH GOLDEN RAISINS AND PINE NUTS - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BBC GOOD FOOD CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON, RAISINS & PINE NUTS RECIPE
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH ORANGE AND ROSEMARY, AND SAFFRON RICE WITH …
CHICKEN WITH GOLDEN RAISINS AND PINE NUTS - BETTER HOMES
CHICKEN WITH PINE NUTS: THE RECIPE FOR THE SECOND CREAMY AND TASTY ...
CHICKEN AND PINE NUTS RECIPE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON, RAISINS & PINE NUTS | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD ...
SAFFRON RICE WITH GOLDEN RAISINS AND PINE NUTS – PREVENTION RD
RICE PILAF WITH PINE NUTS BEST RECIPES
SAFFRON RICE WITH RAISINS AND PINE NUTS - JMORE
CHICKEN WITH SAFFRON, RAISINS & PINE NUTS - BBC GOOD FOOD …
SAFFRON RICE WITH RAISINS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
COUSCOUS WITH CHICKEN, RAISINS AND PINE NUTS | CANADIAN LIVING
LEMON CHICKEN WITH CURRANTS AND PINE NUTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PASTA WITH CHICKEN, RAISINS AND PINE NUTS RECIPE
RICE PILAF WITH APRICOTS, RAISINS AND PINE NUTS RECIPE
BASMATI RICE WITH PINE NUTS BEST RECIPES
CHICKEN NAANWICH WITH SAFFRON, CAPERS & RAISINS - GLUTEN FREE …
You'll also love