Chop Chop Salad
CHOP CHOP SALAD
this is one of those dishes i have made for years, really just a question of chopping things up ( hence the name) and throwing them together, ingredients will often change,as to what is in my fridge at the time.best if put in the refrigerator for an hour before eating.
Time: 70 minutes
- toss everything together and let stand in the fridge for an hour before serving
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- romaine lettuce
- sweet onion
- swiss cheese
- cheddar cheese
- hard-boiled eggs', "hellmann's mayonnaise", 'ground pepper
PALOMINO CHOP CHOP SALAD
My favorite entree salad, from Palomino's Restaurants. This is attributed to Palomino Chef Gail Tronnes. Scoured to find this version, posted in the travel section of a university web site.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by deborahk
Yield 2 serving(s)
- Make dressing in a mixing bowl. Whisk egg yolks for 2-3 minutes, then add vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk 2-3 minutes. Slowly add oil to emulsify. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine greens, basil, provolone, garbanzos, salami in a bowl; add ½ cup dressing. Toss to combine. Add parmesan, turkey, and toss.
- Place salad on plate; top with tomato. Serve with pepper mill. The restaurant offers this as 1 large serving but with crusty bread and a cold drink it is a very nice dinner for 2. Also great side for 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 3 cups julienne-sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon julienne-sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons italian provolone cheese, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons genoa salami or 2 tablespoons wine salami
- 3 tablespoons powdered parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup julienne-sliced smoked turkey breast
- chopped tomato (to garnish)
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 finely minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
CHOP CHOP SALAD
The best part? The Caesar-ish Dressing, which is egg- and-dairy-free, but still creamy and flavorful enough to make you think you're eating a salad with a Caesar dressing.
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Julie Mayfield
Yield 6-8 servings
- In a food processor or blender combine all the dressing ingredients and puree. Add more oil if you want a thinner consistency.
- Place all the chopped salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. It's that easy!
- If you want to make the salad ahead of time, assemble everything except the avocado and dressing. Then stir in the avocado at the last minute and toss everything with the dressing.
- Try prosciutto instead of bacon. Or add some feta cheese (and reduce the amount of dressing).
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, washed and chopped into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 pound bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- Caesar-ish Dressing
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
You'll also love
More recipes about chop chop salad recipes
15+ Best Chopped Salad Recipes | EatingWell
Recipe From : eatingwell.com2021-05-26 · Knock it out of the park at dinner with this composed salad recipe inspired by the crazy-popular Stetson Chopped Salad at Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale, Arizona. It packs in colorful vegetables and a variety of textures from whole grains, seeds and a creamy homemade dressing for a photo-worthy, healthy meal. Keep it vegetarian or add smoked salmon or roasted chicken. ... Show details
15+ Easy Chopped Salad Recipes | EatingWell
Recipe From : eatingwell.com2020-06-26 · These easy chopped salad recipes would be a great addition to any summer meal. While some of these salads would be delicious next to a grilled main, others have enough protein in them that you could easily make it the star of your plate. Recipes like Eat-the-Rainbow Chopped Salad with Basil & Mozzarella and Chopped Cobb Salad with Chicken are healthy, satisfying and full of seasonal … ...
16 Fast and Fresh Chopped Salads | Better Homes & Gardens
Recipe From : bhg.com2020-05-05 · Healthy salads can be bursting with flavor, color, and texture as these recipes prove. Filled with tasty ingredients and bold flavors, these chopped salad recipes are great for lunch, dinner, or any time you need a veggie boost. The quick salad recipes won’t slow you down, either. Bonus: Most of them are ready in 30 minutes or less. ...
Chopped Salad Recipes | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com...
- Loaded with fabulous flavor, this hearty salad comes together in no time. Chop the tomatoes and celery and cube the mozzarella before guests arrive, and you’ll have this ready in moments. —Beth Burgmeier, East Dubuque, Illinois
ChopChopFamily.org - Our Recipes
Recipe From : chopchopfamily.orgYour Support. ChopChop Family, Inc. is a US tax-exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All gifts to ChopChop Family are tax-deductible as allowed by law and … ...
Super Italian Chopped Salad Recipe: How to Make It | Taste ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. ...
Favorite Chopped Salad (The Perfect Side Dish!) – A Couple ...
Recipe From : acouplecooks.com2019-05-06 · Peel and chop cucumber. Slice tomatoes and olives in half. Mix together all the ingredients for the salad, including the dressing, and toss to combine. If making … ...
- Chop romaine and lettuce. Thinly slice the shallot. Peel and chop cucumber. Slice tomatoes and olives in half.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the salad, including the dressing, and toss to combine. If making in advance, refrigerate the components separately; bring the dressing to room temperature before serving.
Best Italian Chopped Salad Recipe | The Recipe Critic
Recipe From : therecipecritic.com2021-05-28 · In a large bowl combine the romaine, pepperoncinis, cherry tomatoes, olives, red onions, salami, cheese, and dressing. Make recipe for homemade italian dressing and use as much as desired. Toss the salad until combined. ...
Jools' chopped salad | Vegetables recipes | Jamie Oliver ...
Recipe From : jamieoliver.com2016-03-21 · On a large board, trim and finely chop the carrots and celery, finely chop the tomatoes, then separate and finely chop the lettuce leaves. Once everything is fairly fine, start mixing it up and chopping some more. Crumble over the feta, if using, then pick and roll the mint leaves like a cigar and chop into the salad. ...
- On a large board, trim and finely chop the carrots and celery, finely chop the tomatoes, then separate and finely chop the lettuce leaves.Once everything is fairly fine, start mixing it up and chopping some more.Crumble over the feta, if using, then pick and roll the mint leaves like a cigar and chop into the salad.Make a well in the middle, add the mustard, balsamic vinegar, oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and mix together.
- Or, you could make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a jam jar, ready to dress the salad at the table.
How To Make A Better Chopped Salad Than You Can Buy ...
Recipe From : huffpost.com2015-04-29 · Chopped salads are just like regular salads, only with a different presentation -- the ingredients are chopped, greens and all, and incorporated together instead of layered. It's a minor detail, but one with lots of options. Oh, and one other thing: Chopped salads cost a fortune at specialty salad shops, where you can order your own bespoke ... ...
Chopped Salad Recipe | Food Network Kitchen | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2016-11-16 · Toss with 1 chopped romaine heart, 1 small chopped cucumber, 5 chopped radishes, 1 drained can chickpeas, 2 chopped celery stalks, and 1/3 cup … ...
Chopped Power Salad | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2017-03-01 · Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped, about 15 to 20 pulses. Scrape into a large bowl. Pulse broccoli until finely chopped, about 15 to 20 … ...
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped, about 15 to 20 pulses. Scrape into a large bowl. Pulse broccoli until finely chopped, about 15 to 20 pulses. Scrape into bowl. Process carrots until finely chopped, about 10 seconds. Scrape into bowl.
- With food processor running, drop garlic through feed tube to chop. Scrape down sides. Add cilantro and parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape mixture into bowl with vegetables. Add oil, raisins, pumpkin seeds, vinegar, salt, and pepper to bowl and stir until well combined. Let stand 10 minutes.
Chop Chop Salad | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2009-06-19 · Use your knife to gently slice between the exposed white membranes, and loosen the grapefruit segments into a bowl. Pick out any seeds. Step 2 Place the grapefruit sections, jicama, orange bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, green onions, and cilantro into a salad … ...
- With a very sharp knife, cut a slice from the bottom and top of the grapefruit, cutting into the fruit. Stand the grapefruit up on a work surface, and slice off the peel and white pith in vertical slices, exposing the fruit segments (cut slightly into the fruit part). Use your knife to gently slice between the exposed white membranes, and loosen the grapefruit segments into a bowl. Pick out any seeds.
- Place the grapefruit sections, jicama, orange bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, green onions, and cilantro into a salad bowl, and toss gently to mix.
How to Make a Chopped Salad | Better Homes & Gardens
Recipe From : bhg.com2015-06-09 · Chopped Salad Step Two: Add a Squeeze of Lemon. add a squeeze of lemon. View Recipe. this link opens in a new tab. Transfer mashed garlic to a small … ...
A Really Good Chopped Salad Recipe | Goop
Recipe From : goop.com2020-05-03 · Combine the Dijon, maple syrup, and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk to combine, then slowly stream in the oils, whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 2. ...
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Chopped Salad - Copycat Recipe is ...
Recipe From : italianbellavita.com2020-11-14 · Ingredients in the recipe for Ruth’s Chris Chopped Salad: This colorful chopped salad combines layers of flavor with spinach, radicchio, and iceberg lettuces . . . mixed with an assortment of chopped … ...
- In a very large bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, radicchio, red onions, green olives, mushrooms, eggs, hearts of palm and bacon; toss well.
EASY Chopped Salad (10 mins. prep!) - I Heart Naptime
Recipe From : iheartnaptime.net2019-04-05 · This fresh chopped salad is made with 5 key ingredients in less than 10 minutes! Customize with all your favorite mix-in’s and dig in! This recipe starts with a salad base of greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, sunflower seeds and feta. Then from there, you can build upon it with any extras like chopped … ...
- Chop the greens extra fine and place in a large bowl. Next add the sliced tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, sunflower seeds and cheese. Add additional mix-ins if desired.
Chop Chop Salad Recipe | Trisha Yearwood | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2018-01-11 · For the chop chop layered salad: Pour the sweet Dijon vinaigrette into a large, clear bowl. Top the vinaigrette with the quinoa. Sprinkle the green cabbage … ...
- For the base herb vinaigrette: Pour the vinegar into a mixing bowl. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Once the vinaigrette is emulsified, stir in the parsley, chives, salt and pepper.
- Top the vinaigrette with the quinoa. Sprinkle the green cabbage ribbons on top of the quinoa in an even layer. Layer the corn on top of the cabbage. Follow with a layer of crumbled bacon. Arrange the tomatoes in a tall mound in the center of the bacon. Surround the mound with the salad greens. Sprinkle the salad with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Working up from the bottom, gently toss the layers of the salad to coat all components in the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Italian Chopped Salad Recipe - Love and Lemons
Recipe From : loveandlemons.com2020-05-14 · Instructions. Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and set aside. Cut the iceberg lettuce in half … ...
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce in half through the core, then cut out the core. Slice the lettuce lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Repeat with the radicchio.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, chickpeas, mozzarella, provolone, and pepperoncini. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Sprinkle with extra oregano, and serve.
Greek Chop Chop Salad - Mediterranean Living
Recipe From : mediterraneanliving.com2021-05-28 · Ingredients. 1 regular cucumber or ½ English cucumber, sliced 1” thick and quartered. 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves. 1 small red onion, roughly chopped. 2 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped. ¼ cup or approx. 12 kalamata olives, halved. ½ cup feta, cut into ½” cubes. 1/8 cup fresh mint leaves. 1 pinch dried oregano. ...
20 Simple Chopped Salad Recipes to Make for Lunch This ...
Recipe From : brit.co...
- New York Style: If you’re not too concerned with the health of your chopped salad, try this New York-sized salad, inspired by those ubiquitous “make your own” salad bars.
- Summery Strawberries and Bacon: Whip up this sweet salad that’s perfect for a warmer day. A tart strawberry dressing gets tossed with fruit and bacon.
- Detox Salad: Chopped salads are more than just a way to get your veggies. They’re a tasty trick for mixing in grains, fruits, nuts and all that other healthy goodness you should probably be eating more of.
- BLT Chopped Salad With Corn, Feta and Avocado: Get in one last taste of summer with tons of crumbly bacon, corn and creamy feta. A lemony dressing on top is all you need for a light and fresh lunch.
- A Cold Winter Side: You may have hated Brussels sprouts as a kid, but this salad will change that. And you don’t have to cook anything to make this recipe, so you can avoid stinking up the kitchen.
- A Trip to the Mediterranean: This take on a classic Greek salad has all the good stuff: tomatoes, basil, feta and onion. Honestly, the only thing that could make this salad better would be eating it by the sea, preferably on a terrace in Santorini.
- Classic With a Creamy Vinaigrette: The secret to this salad is in the dressing. A creamy dose of protein comes from chickpeas, blended with oil and vinegar until smooth enough to pour.
- Fall Favorite: This pick is an easy way to detox your body from all those summer days filled with too much ice cream, lobster rolls and grilled corn.
- Mean Greens: Kale, basil, avocado and sprouts make these vibrant greens practically burst at the seams with vitamins and antioxidants. A toss of pistachios and quinoa ups the healthy fat and protein content to keep you full all day.
- Panzanella: We might be cheating a little with this classic Italian salad of bread, mozzarella, basil, tomatoes and olive oil. It’s technically not a “chopped” salad because you only have to cut up the tomatoes.
Portillo's Chopped Salad (Copycat) | The Wicked Noodle
Recipe From : thewickednoodle.com2018-10-02 · Based on six servings, this Portillo’s Chopped Salad has 340 calories, 21 grams of protein and 14 net carbs. Not bad for such a delicious, tasty salad! You could add some of your other favorite toppings to this chopped salad … ...
Chopped Salad with Chicken - Dinner at the Zoo
Recipe From : dinneratthezoo.com2019-03-06 · Instructions. Place the lettuce, chicken, mozzarella, tomato, cucumber, chickpeas, bacon, avocado and chives in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, granulated sugar, shallot, oregano, parsley and olive oil. Pour the dressing over the salad … ...
- Place the lettuce, chicken, mozzarella, tomato, cucumber, chickpeas, bacon, avocado and chives in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, granulated sugar, shallot, oregano, parsley and olive oil.
Peruvian Chopped Salad Recipe - The Cookie Rookie® (VIDEO!)
Recipe From : thecookierookie.com2019-07-31 · How to make this Peruvian Chopped Salad Recipe. Shuck the corn and remove the silks. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and boil the ears of corn for 1 … ...
- Shuck the corn and remove the silks. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and boil the ears of corn for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate until cool to the touch. Once the corn has cooled, cut the kernels off the cob and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Cook the lima beans per package directions. Drain the beans in a mesh strainer and rinse under cold water. Set aside to cool.
- While the beans and corn cool, whisk together, in a small bowl, the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk the vinaigrette briskly for 1 minute.
- Add the cooled beans, radishes, red onion, most of the feta cheese, jalapeno peppers, black olives, most of the mint and cilantro to the corn and mix well.