this classic version of waldorf is my family's favorite; not terribly sweet with a strong flavor of apples. add more sugar if you wish; also, you can use any type of apples but i prefer granny smith both for their taste and their crunch.
Time: 15 minutes
- in the bowl you plan to serve the salad in , stir together mayonnaise , sugar , lemon juice and salt
- then stir in apples , then celery
- cover tightly , and chill at least 1 hour so flavors will blend
- when serving , remove from fridge and remove cover
- sprinkle on walnuts and serve
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- white sugar
- lemon juice
- granny smith apples
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD
Make and share this Classic Waldorf Salad recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by taillightsinsightbb
Yield 8 serving(s)
- In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Add apples and celery.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and chill to blend flavors.
- Just before serving sprinkle with walnuts.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1/2 cup hellman or best food mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium red apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
CLASSIC WALDORF RED CAKE
This beautiful tall cake is moist and tender. Sometimes called Red Velvet Cake, this classic cake not only tastes delicious, but adds great flair to a holiday dessert table.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Almond Breeze
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with rounds of waxed paper or parchment; grease paper. Flour pans.
- In large bowl, mix 2 1/4 cups flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking soda with electric mixer on low speed. Add all remaining cake ingredients. Mix on low speed. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Run knife around edges to loosen. Remove to cooling racks and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small saucepan, whisk 1/3 cup flour into almondmilk until smooth. Cook and whisk over medium-low heat until thick and bubbly. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat buttery sticks and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add small spoonfuls of the flour mixture and beat until blended. Scrape sides; add vanilla. Beat on high speed until thick and creamy.
- Place 1 cake layer on cake plate, rounded side down. Spread frosting over cake. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost top and sides of cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Original almondmilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle liquid red food color
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original almondmilk
- 1 cup vegan buttery sticks, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
THE ORIGINAL WALDORF SALAD
"Millions who never visited the Waldorf owe him a debt," The New York Times wrote in 1950, upon Oscar Tschirky's death. Mr. Tschirky, a Swiss immigrant who became known as "Oscar of the Waldorf," is credited with creating this piece of Americana in 1893, a timeless dish whose popularity has spread far past the Waldorf's exclusive doors and into home kitchens. Over time, variations would include blue cheese, raisins and chopped walnuts, which can be added here alongside the celery and apples. But the original is an exercise in simplicity: four ingredients that have lived on for over a century.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by The New York Times
Yield 1 serving (as a main course)
- Peel apple and cut into halves. Remove core and slice halves 1/4-inch thick. Reserve 4 slices. Cut remaining slices into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, mix celery, mayonnaise and apple strips; season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on lettuce and top with apple slices.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 1 medium ripe apple
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD
This is the classic waldorf salad as first made.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Lynn Clay
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the apples and celery.
- 3. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the apples and celery and toss until coated.
- 4. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Just before serving, toss in the walnuts.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 9 edium red apples, cored and diced
- 3 c sliced celery
- 1 1/2 c chopped walnuts
CHICKEN WALDORF SALAD
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
- Serving suggestion: Baby greens, extra grapes, raisins and walnuts for garnish
- Coat the chopped apple with the lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the chicken, grapes, celery, raisins and walnuts, and gently combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice and salt. Gently fold the dressing into the salad. Serve on a bed of greens.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 medium apple, unpeeled, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 1 large breast)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup yogurt (preferably Greek non-fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
More recipes about classic waldorf recipes
The Classic Waldorf Cocktail Recipe With Rye Whiskey
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comThe Waldorf Cocktail was one of the signature drinks from the Waldorf-Astoria Bar at the beginning of the 20th century and it remains a fantastic cocktail. If you are looking for a great drink with classic … ...Show details
Waldorf Salad Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comSo I mixed and matched and experimented, and finally came up with a perfect twist on the classic Waldorf Salad recipe. Now I get requests for it at every family get together! By Jenny Mahler. Elise's Favorite Waldorf Salad. Elise's Favorite Waldorf Salad Rating: 4.39 stars. 21 ... ...Show details
Waldorf Salad Recipe With Apples and Walnuts
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comThe Waldorf salad is said to have been created by Oscar Tschirky, a maitre d'hotel of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City. The hotel opened in 1893, and the recipe appeared in his comprehensive cookbook, The Cook Book by Oscar of the Waldorf … ...Show details
Betty's Classic Waldorf Salad Recipe
Recipe From : bettyskitchen.usIn this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Classic Waldorf Salad. This salad was originally created in 1893 at the Waldorf Hotel (later to become the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel). The basics of this salad were apples, celery, and mayonnaise at the beginning. Later, English walnuts were added, and now there are many versions of Waldorf Salad. ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad Recipe (done in 10 minutes)
Recipe From : dinnerthendessert.comOct 07, 2019 · CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD. Waldorf Salad is a delicious, filling side dish that’s been around since the 1880’s. As far as fruit salads go, this one is one of the absolute easiest, plus you can make your own delicious salad dressing from scratch to go with it. Waldorf … ...Show details
22 Best WALDORF ASTORIA HOTEL RECIPES ideas | recipes
Recipe From : pinterest.comFirst presented at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in 1893, the all-American Waldorf salad includes chopped apples, celery, grapes, and toasted walnuts in a mayonnaise dressing. ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad Dressing - Recipes | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comMOM'S WALDORF SALAD WITH COOKED SALAD DRESSING Mix flour, salt, mustard, sugar... tablespoons vinegar and boil 1 minute. After mixing salad dressing to apple mixture, serve on lettuce leaf. Ingredients: 12 (apples.. celery.. flour.. milk.. mustard.. salt...) ...Show details
Find out the original Waldorf Salad recipe, plus get a
Recipe From : clickamericana.comOct 13, 2019 · Directions Combine cornstarch, sugar and salt in saucepan. Blend in pineapple juice and lemon juice. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. ...Show details
How to Make a Classic Waldorf Salad - dummies
Recipe From : dummies.comSalads feed a lot of people on a budget, and Waldorf salad is always a treat. The combination of apples, celery, and walnuts is delicious. This recipe works well with many common Thanksgiving and Christmas entrees. Waldorf salad was created at New York’s Waldorf … ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad Recipe - The Seasoned Mom
Recipe From : theseasonedmom.comApr 16, 2021 · For those of you who didn't grow up with this retro favorite, a classic Waldorf Salad is a fruit and nut salad typically made by combining diced fresh apples, grapes, celery and walnuts with creamy mayonnaise. It's traditionally served on a bed of leafy green lettuce as an appetizer, side dish, or light meal. ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad Recipe - Julias Simply Southern
Recipe From : juliassimplysouthern.comSep 27, 2020 · A classic Waldorf Salad is a beloved recipe and perfect for fall when fresh apples are in season. Prep Time 10 minutes. Total Time 10 minutes. Ingredients. 3 Apples , cored and chopped 1 c Red Grapes, sliced in half 1 c Chopped Celery 1/2 c Chopped Pecans Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper ... ...Show details
Waldorf Salad Recipe (One Bowl) | One Pot Recipes
Recipe From : onepotrecipes.comJul 23, 2018 · Quick and easy Waldorf salad recipe with grapes, apples, celery, walnuts, mayonnaise. A traditional classic salad from 1800's and made in one pot/bowl. This creamy and fruity Waldorf salad might truly be one of the best Summer salads ever. Original Waldorf salad recipe: It was first developed in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in 1893 and the original recipe … ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad | foodiecrush.com
Recipe From : foodiecrush.comMay 18, 2020 · Crunchy with crisp apples, celery and toasted nuts, this easy Waldorf salad is a classic recipe perfect for a crowd any time of year. With yearnings coming … ...Show details
Simple Recipes: Classic Waldorf Salad
Recipe From : houstonfoodtruckfest.comFeb 07, 2021 · Ingredients 3 medium apples (golden delicious or red delicious) 1 tablespoon granulated sugar 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 dash salt 1 cup celery (thinly sliced). In a large bowl, toss together the apples and lemon juice. Stir in the celery, nuts, raisins and grapes. Step 2 Fold together the whipped cream and mayonnaise; add to salad and mix. ...Show details
Waldorf Salad with Apples & Grapes Recipe | Easy Waldorf
Recipe From : azurestandard.comOct 25, 2017 · ♦ In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and lemon juice (or yogurt and honey). Season with salt and pepper, to taste. ♦ Stir in the apples, … ...Show details
Classic Chicken Waldorf Salad - Delice Recipes
Recipe From : delicerecipes.comFeb 24, 2021 · Classic Chicken Waldorf Salad is made of a bunch of healthy ingredients tossed in mayo dressing. Some crunchy apples, fresh celery, nuts, chicken meat, and your salad is perfect for serving. You have probably eaten a chicken salad before, but this is a special one. ...Show details
Waldorf Salad - A Southern Soul
Recipe From : asouthernsoul.comAug 30, 2020 · It’s easy to call this recipe a classic since its history goes back over 100 years. It was created by the Maître d’hôtel (head waiter) at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York for a charity event and appears was an instant hit. It’s a simple, classic recipe that’s never gone out of style. ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad Recipe | Organixx Recipes - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comWant to learn how to make a Waldorf salad? In under 2 minutes you'll see just how easy it is to make the classic Waldorf salad recipe. Get the ingredient lis... ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad - Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Recipe From : crunchycreamysweet.comMay 20, 2019 · First served in Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in 1896, this salad is a classic. Originally made with lettuce, apples, celery and grapes mixed in a creamy mayo dressing. Walnuts were added later … ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad with Apples and Walnuts | Home. Made
Recipe From : homemadeinterest.comApr 17, 2019 · This crispy, crunchy Waldorf Salad is a classic recipe and one of my family’s favorites. It was originally created for the Waldorf-Astoria hotel to serve at a charity ball. It’s an easy side dish is made with crisp, fresh apples, grapes, celery, walnuts, and tossed in a creamy dressing of mayonnaise. ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad - Recipes - Faxo
Recipe From : faxo.comJan 09, 2017 · Classic Waldorf Salad: The Waldorf salad was created by Oscar Tschirky of the original Waldorf Hotel which later became the Waldorf-Astoria, in the late 1800s. ...Show details
Classic Waldorf Salad Recipe | Self Proclaimed Foodie
Recipe From : selfproclaimedfoodie.comDec 05, 2019 · Waldorf Salad, made with apples, grapes, celery, walnuts, and a tangy dressing, is a classic side dish recipe that is perfect for fall and winter!. This traditional side dish is also a great addition to holiday dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Serve alongside Oven Roasted Turkey, Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans for a complete meal! ...Show details