This tomato based curry may be modified for hotness depending on quantity of spices and number of jalapeno peppers used. It is a great favourite with my family - I make it about once a month.
Provided by JENNIFERB3
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place onion in the skillet. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes, or until soft and brown.
- Mix the garlic paste and ginger paste into the skillet. Cook 1 minute. Mix in cumin, coriander, cardamom, turmeric, and salt. Stir in the jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice, and tomatoes with juice, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. If you like, the sauce may be set aside for a few hours at this point to allow the flavors to blend.
- Return the sauce to a boil, and place cod in the skillet. Reduce heat to low, and cook 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.8 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Cholesterol 52.8 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 23.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 757 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
SUPER-QUICK FISH CURRY
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for about 5 mins until soft. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 mins, then tip in the tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the fish. Gently cook for 4-5 mins until the fish flakes easily. Serve immediately with rice or naan
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 0.54 milligram of sodium
An easy-to-prepare midweek one-pot with cod fillet, chickpeas, ginger and spices - it's healthy, low calorie and packed with iron too.
Provided by Katy Greenwood
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large, lidded frying pan. Cook the onion over a high heat for a few mins, then stir in the curry powder, ginger and garlic. Cook for another 1-2 mins until fragrant, then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and some seasoning.
- Cook for 8-10 mins until thickened slightly, then top with the cod. Cover and cook for another 5-10 mins until the fish is cooked through. Scatter over the lemon zest and coriander, then serve with the lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
Another way to prepare cod. While the meal is simmering on the stove, you are free to entertain your guests.
Provided by Peter Pan
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until golden brown.
- Add cinnamon, bay leaf, ginger and garlic.
- Continue to saute for another 1 minute.
- Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric and stir to mix for about 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomato, chilies, and cod into the sauce, stir to mix.
- Season with salt.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice and a side of salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.2, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 48.7, Sodium 657.3, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 4.8, Protein 22
GREEN CURRY COD
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, mix the coconut cream, curry sauce, dill, salt, and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the pepper, onion, leek, and garlic about 5 minutes.
- Place the cod in a baking dish. Cover with the vegetables, and top with the coconut cream mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring sauce and vegetables occasionally, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.8 g, Cholesterol 41.6 mg, Fat 29.2 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 25.3 g, SaturatedFat 19.8 g, Sodium 417.2 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
More about "cod curry recipes"
KERALAN FISH CURRY RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CURRY RECIPE
Servings 6-8Total Time 40 minsCategory MainsCalories 190 per serving
- Trim and finely slice the chilli. Cut the fish into chunks.Heat a lug of groundnut oil in a large pan, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook until the seeds start to pop.
- Add the shallot, garlic, ginger and chilli, and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.Mix the chilli powder and turmeric together with a splash of water, and stir into the pan.
EASIEST FISH CURRY - JUST 6 INGREDIENTS - VEENA AZMANOV
5/5 (20)Calories 195 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Wash, remove scale and clean the fish under clean running water. Then the fish into 4 pieces. Pro tip - Depending on the type of fish you use, you may have different size pieces of fish. My fish pieces were each approximately 5 to 6-inches.
- In a skillet, over medium to low heat, add the oil and garlic. Saute for 30 sec. Then, add the curry powder, cayenne, or paprika – saute for another 30 seconds.Pro tip - Keep the heat low as necessary to prevent the garlic and spices from burning.
- Next, add the coconut milk – and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Followed by cilantro or parsley. Pro tip - If the heat is high the water will evaporate quickly. So, you can add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water if necessary.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Open, and gently lay the fish pieces in the gravy. Pro tip - We partially cook the gravy first to prevent the fish from overcooking.
POACHED COD IN TOMATO CURRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.7/5 (97)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium until melted. Add chile, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until garlic has softened but not taken on any color, about 3 minutes. Add cardamom, coriander, and turmeric and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the tomatoes have burst and released their liquid, 12–15 minutes. Stir in coconut cream; taste and season curry with salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Season cod with salt and nestle into curry. Cover and cook at a bare simmer until fish is opaque throughout and beginning to flake, 5–7 minutes (thicker pieces will take longer to cook).
EASY THAI RED CURRY COD- SIMPLE DISH WITH JUST 3 INGREDIENTS.
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 409 per serving
- For the fish, I used frozen Cod pieces, but firm white fish works. Once thawed I placed between 2 paper towels to absorb any moisture prior to cooking.
- In a non stick skillet over medium heat, place a teaspoon of oil in the pan. Season the cod on both sides with salt and pepper, then place in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side (depending how thick your fish is). Remove fish and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to the same pan over medium heat, and 1 tablespoon of curry paste. This is for mild-medium spice level, you can add more curry paste or Thai chili's to make it spicier. Allow the curry paste to fry in the oil and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk, bring to a simmer, and once curry paste is dissolved, taste and see if fish sauce or sugar is needed. I added a tablespoon of coconut sugar for some sweetness. Once seasoning is where you want it, add fish back into pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a 2 minutes to allow the fish to re-heat and absorb the curry.
COD CURRY WITH COCONUT | INDIAN STYLE FISH CURRY | THE ...
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Heat the oil over medium high heat. When hot, throw in the mustard seeds. When they begin to crackle, add the curry leaves, cumin seeds and turmeric and allow to infuse in the oil for about 30 seconds.
- Now add the ginger and garlic paste and let it sizzle for 30 seconds to cook off the rawness. Add the chopped chillies and garam masala/curry powder and diced tomatoes and stir well to combine.
CARIBBEAN STYLE CURRY COD (CURRIED COD) - THAT GIRL COOKS ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main EntreeCalories 460 per serving
- Place the fish chunks in a medium sized bowl and sprinkle all of the listed ingredients to marinate the fish. Set aside to refrigerate for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- On medium heat, melt the coconut oil then add the fish chunks and proceed to seal each side. The fish will be opaque when sealed, be careful not to keep turning the fish. We are only sealing, not cooking it.
- Add some more coconut oil if required, melt, then saute the onion, scallion, garlic and ginger until soft and translucent.
COD CURRY - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
5/5 (9)Calories 376 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course
- Add the cauliflower, tomatoes and coconut milk. Stir well so everything is combined and simmer for 8 minutes.
EASY FISH CURRY WITH ALASKA COD • UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
4.6/5 (12)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 270 per serving
- Stir in diced tomatoes and add coriander powder, cardamom, paprika, turmeric, garam masala and salt to the onion and tomato combination.
COCONUT TOMATO CURRY WITH COD & BROWN RICE | PASS ME SOME ...
Reviews 12Calories 332 per servingCategory Dinner
- In a medium pot, combine brown rice and broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Once the brown rice has been cooking for about 20 minutes, heat coconut oil in a 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring regularly, until softened and slightly caramelized (about 10 minutes).
COCONUT CURRY WITH COD RECIPE | GLUTEN + DAIRY FREE
5/5 (1)Category DinnerServings 4-6Total Time 30 mins
- Add fish, stir and let sit to simmer for 20 minutes. Try and avoid aggressive stirring once the fish is in as it will flake apart.
COD & CAULIFLOWER CURRY - HEALTHY LIVING JAMES GLUTEN-FREE ...
4.9/5 (21)Category DinnerCuisine IndianTotal Time 30 mins
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and all the spices to a pan with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes
- Now add the juice of 1 lime, 1 can coconut milk, 1 can chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup of water (use the tomato tin to measure it out) 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter and stir
35 BEST COD RECIPES | BON APPéTIT
Author Elyssa GoldbergPublished 2016-04-04
- Soy and Ginger Steamed Fish. You can use this foolproof steaming method to cook any sturdy fish—salmon, snapper, black cod, or arctic char would all be great.
- Turmeric Fish with Rice Noodles and Herbs. You can keep the herbs, sauce, and noodles separate, or combine them all in a bowl like we did. View Recipe.
- Slow-Cooked White Fish with Charred Cabbage. Sometimes with cooking, the best thing you can do is leave a thing alone. In this case, let the cabbage leaves sit and get charred around the edges before you even think about tossing them in the pan.
- Slow-Roasted Cod with Bell Peppers. Slow roasting fish cooks it evenly—and makes it hard to go back to cooking it any other way. View Recipe.
- Fried Fish Sandwiches with Cucumbers and Tartar Sauce. Frying at home is a drag, unless you happen to be outdoors, holding a beer, and not worrying about spills or smelling up the house.
- Skillet Cod, Clams, and Corn with Parsley. Who says clam sauce is only good for pasta? Not this buttery corn-studded dish. View Recipe.
- Rice Bowls with Flaky Cod. Kedgeree often calls for smoked fish, but for a light weeknight meal, we prefer steaming fresh fish right on top of the rice.
- Flaky Cod with Celery Salad. The garlic-curry crisp in this recipe is your new secret weapon. View Recipe.
- Foolproof Fish with Spiced Chickpeas. Just about the most approachable at-home fish cooking method there is. View Recipe.
- Family-Style Fish Tacos. No grill, no deep-fryer, no problemo. Our summery tacos rely on our go-to fish-cooking method—slow-roast, baby—for all the flavor without the fuss.
SRI-LANKAN-INSPIRED COD CURRY RECIPE - RED ONLINE
Category DinnerTotal Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
- To make the coconut sambol, mix the desiccated coconut with 75ml water and leave to soak for 15min.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat and toast mustard seeds, turmeric, curry powder, coriander seeds, cardamom pods and curry leaves until fragrant, about 2min.
TOMATO & COCONUT CURRIED COD | MIDWEST FOODIE
5/5 (29)Calories 247 per servingCategory Main Dish See details »
COCONUT CURRY BAKED COD RECIPE - SIMPLY WHISKED
4.7/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together coconut milk, ginger and curry paste until smooth. Pour a thin layer of sauce into a large baking dish. Place fish on top, and pour remaining sauce into the pan.
34 BEST COD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Basic Fried Cod. Sometimes, you just want a simple fried fish recipe that you can turn to over and over again. Add this one to your repertoire, and you will never need to buy another bag of frozen breaded fish fillets.
- Skillet Fish Nuggets. If your kids love fish sticks, try making these fish nuggets at home to have more control over the ingredients. Using a premade pancake mix means you can whip these up in a flash, and the whole family will enjoy this take on fish sticks or frozen patties.
- Cornflake-Crusted Baked Cod. For a similar crunchy texture to store-bought fish sticks, try this cornflake-crusted cod. The crust creates a lovely contrast to the flaky fish, and a hint of Dijon mustard gives it a little zip.
- Herb-Baked Fish Fillets. If you've forgotten to take fish out of the freezer to thaw, this easy recipe will save dinner. The fish gets covered with crushed cornflakes and an herbed butter before baking, for a lovely and fragrant protein that everyone will enjoy.
- Baked Lemon Garlic Cod. Lemon and garlic make great pairings for mild cod, giving it a fresh and zesty flavor. This simple fish dish comes out low fat and gluten free, plus you can have it on the table in under half an hour.
- Slow Cooker Fish Chowder. When you don't have a lot of time, try a creamy fish chowder in the slow cooker. Evaporated milk gives it a hearty heft and bacon lends a smokiness that complements the flaky fish perfectly.
- Panko-Crusted Fish Fillets. A panko coating gives cod fillets a crispy, crunchy texture that creates a wonderful contrast to the flaky fish. Some Creole or Cajun seasoning spices it up wonderfully, but you can add any type of seasoning that you prefer.
- Baked Fish Florentine. Layer spinach, flaky cod, and cream of mushroom soup, then top them with buttery breadcrumbs for a flavorful one-pot meal that also comes packed with nutrition.
- Classic Fish and Chips. Take your family to the chip shop without leaving the house using this classic fish and chips recipe. It works great with cod and starchy potatoes such as Yukon or russet.
- Crispy Lemon Cod. Fans of fried fish will love this crispy cod with a light lemon sauce. Because you coat the fish in breadcrumbs, then pan-fry them yourself, you know what goes in them every step of the way.
CREAMY COD CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- In a blender, blend the onion, garlic, coconut, chile, and peppercorns, and set aside. Heat the oil in a wide, heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add the mustard seeds—once they start to pop, add the curry leaves, and cook for 30 secs; add the onion paste. Turn down the heat slightly, and cook for another 5 mins; add the turmeric, tomato, stock, and coconut milk. Simmer gently for another 10 mins.
EASY CARIBBEAN-STYLE COD CURRY RECIPE | KITCHEN TRICKS
Reviews 2 See details »
RICK STEIN'S COD CURRY | DINNER RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
2.6/5 (1.6K)Category Dinner, Main CourseCuisine IndianTotal Time 30 mins See details »
SMOKED COD CURRY - LORD AND LION
See details »
INDIAN-STYLE COD CURRY WITH STRING BEANS MEAL KIT DELIVERY ...
See details »
QUICK GOAN-STYLE COD CURRY MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
See details »
HOW TO MAKE COD FISH CURRY RECIPE - FISH DINNER RECIPES ...
See details »
curries 30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american healthy main-dish seafood american asian dinner-party romantic fish stove-top dietary low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat low-calorie comfort-food low-carb inexpensive healthy-2 low-in-something saltwater-fish cod taste-mood equipment
You'll also love