CORN CURRY RECIPE
Corn Curry is an exotic fusion recipe, which makes a perfect brunch recipe and tastes best with bread or steamed rice. This scrumptious recipe is made with ingredients that are easily available at every household, such as american corn kernels, coconut milk, garlic, onion, fresh cream, coriander and some spices. You can prepare this delicious curry recipe at home within 20 minutes. If you have sudden guests dropping by, you can prepare this quick dish without putting in much efforts. What's more, you can also serve this mouth-watering curry recipe at your next party, buffet, game night, potluck or any other such occasion. Don't waste any more time and make this delectable curry and relish with your friends and family.
Provided by TNN
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To make the paste, grind together almonds, garlic cloves, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon, and some water. (Note: This paste should be thick in consistency.)
- Now, take a pan and heat some oil in it over low flame. In the meantime, finely chop the onions and green chillies.
- When the oil is hot enough, put the chopped onions and chillies in it. Saute until they turn golden in colour.
- Add the paste and stir continuously to mix everything. Put the steamed corn kernels along with salt and coconut milk. Allow it to boil and then add cream and mix well.
- Once everything is cooked, take it out in a serving bowl and garnish with your choice of garnish leaves and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 bowl, Calories 296 cal
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat; mix the corn, green pepper, onion, and curry powder into the melted butter, cover the skillet, and cook until the vegetables are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir the sour cream into the vegetable mixture, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking until hot, stirring continually, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.8 calories, Carbohydrate 19.1 g, Cholesterol 35.5 mg, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 79.5 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
COCONUT & CORN CURRY
Enjoy this warming coconut and corn curry for an easy meat-free meal for two. Full of warming spices, it's a quick and comforting vegan dinner
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the lentils in a sieve and rinse until the water runs clean. Put the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, tip in the onion and cook for 8 mins until softened. Add the ginger, turmeric and curry powder, and cook for another minute until fragrant. Stir in the lentils.
- Tip in 400ml hot water and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 mins until most of the water has been absorbed. Add the baby corn and 100ml water, cover and continue to simmer for 5-10 mins until the lentils are soft and the corn still has a little bite. Stir in the coconut yogurt to warm up, but don't let it boil. Serve topped with more coconut yogurt, if you like, and coriander leaves sprinkled over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 57 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 14 grams fiber, Protein 24 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
SHRIMP AND CORN CURRY
- Place oil, curry, onion and mustard seeds in a 2 1/2-quart souffle dish with a tightly fitting lid. Cook, uncovered, at 100 percent power in a high-power oven for 4 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in tomatoes, corn and ginger. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 326, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 28 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 973 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CURRIED CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
This recipe is close to one my mom used to make for us kids when the weather turned cold. Hers called for heavy cream, but I came up with a slimmer version that I think is pretty true to the original! -Kendra Doss, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir until tender. Stir in seasonings; cook 30 seconds longer., Stir in corn and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes., In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and cilantro; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 582mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Melt butter, add corn, onion, and curry. Saute.
- Cover and simmer slowly, about 10 min, until tender, stirring often.
- Add sour cream, salt, and pepper, heat until warm, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181.9, Fat 12.6, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 30.2, Sodium 365.6, Carbohydrate 17.4, Fiber 2, Sugar 4.7, Protein 3.3
More about "corn curry recipes"
SWEET CORN CURRY RECIPE • SIMPLE SUMPTUOUS COOKING
4.8/5 (10)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 102 per serving
- Now, add canned tomatoes followed with coriander powder, red chili powder,and turmeric powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
SWEET CORN CURRY - CORN RECIPES - INDIAN VEGETARIAN …
Cuisine North IndianEstimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4
SPINACH CORN CURRY - COOK WITH MANALI
15 BEST CORN RECIPES | EASY CORN RECIPES - NDTV FOOD
34 CURRY RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD | TASTE OF HOME
SWEET CORN CURRY RECIPE (VEGETARIAN) | YUP, IT'S VEGAN
HOW TO MAKE CURRY: A HOMEMADE CURRY RECIPE YOU CAN …
CORN & CHICKEN CURRY (INSTANT POT) | MY HEART BEETS
PALAK CORN | HOW TO MAKE PALAK CORN » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
RECIPES WITH CORN | TASTE OF HOME
BABY CORN MASALA | BABY CORN CURRY - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
CORN-ON-THE-COB CURRY RECIPE, CURRIES RECIPES | KADHIS RECIPES
THE ULTIMATE CURRY CORN RECIPE. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
CORN CURRY – MAKKI KI SABJI – MAKAI NU SHAAK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sweet corn Curry?Add 1 ½ cup water, salt and stir well. Let it simmer for about 8 minutes. Now, add coconut milk, garam masala, and kasoori methi. Mix well and turn off the heat as the flavors soak in. Garnish with cilantro and serve the sweet corn curry paired with steamed rice, roti or naan.
How to make Indian curry?1 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 1-1/2 lbs meat, cut into bite-sized pieces (can use beef, pork, chicken, lamb, or goat) 3 1 yellow onion, diced 4 3 cloves garlic, minced 5 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger root 6 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of garam masala, yellow curry powder or a combo of both. More items...
How long do you boil corn on the cob for Curry?Reduce the heat and simmer the curry for 6 to 7 minutes on low heat. 25. After 6 to 7 minutes, add the boiled corn kernels. 26. Mix well. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes more to heat the corn kernels through.
How to make curry with coconut milk?The curry is a mixture of tomato and onion and the creaminess comes from coconut milk. Place a cast-iron pan over medium heat and drizzle a few teaspoons of coconut oil. As the oil heats up, add one bay leaf and cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds sizzle, add chopped onions and saute them until they turn translucent.