CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
I love this super easy chicken slow-cooker recipe because it tastes like Thanksgiving, but without all the hassle. It's such a hearty and delicious meal for the fall or winter season. -Nancy Barker, Peoria, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toasted. Cool on baking pan., In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cornbread, chicken, soups, broth and seasonings., Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500 calories, Fat 21g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 89mg cholesterol, Sodium 1657mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
CORNBREAD CHICKEN BAKE
To make the most of leftover cornbread, try this hearty main dish casserole. It's moist, delicious and good on any occasion. -Madge Britton, Afton, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until a thermometer reads 165°, 12-14 minutes. Drain and cut into cubes., In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add chicken. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. , Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 45 minutes. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 1307mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
SOUTHERN CHICKEN-CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
There's down-home goodness in every bite of this sweet-and-savory casserole. The blend of cornbread and cream-style sweet corn adds a hearty and flavorful touch.
Provided by Arlene Cummings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix chicken, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, sour cream and milk. Season well with salt and pepper. Fold in cheese and green onions. Spoon mixture evenly into dish.
- Make cornbread mix as directed on pouch, substituting cream style corn for the milk and adding the egg and melted butter. Spread evenly over chicken mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 670 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 1 g
SLOW-COOKER SPICY CHEDDAR CHICKEN CORNBREAD
Half chicken pot pie, half tamale pie, this slow-cooker chicken and cornbread dinner is a whole lot of delicious.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Spray 5-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix chicken, cheese, soup, milk and taco seasoning mix. Stir in green onion whites and jalapeño chiles. Pour into slow cooker; spread evenly.
- In medium bowl, mix cornbread & muffin mix, corn and egg. Stir in melted butter. Pour evenly over chicken mixture. Place folded, clean dish towel under cover of cooker. This will prevent condensation from dripping down onto cornbread.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of mixture reads at least 165°F and toothpick inserted in center of cornbread comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with green onion greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1090 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 1/2 g
CORNBREAD AND CHICKEN THIGH CASSEROLE
Easy to make casserole with chicken thighs and vegetables topped with cornbread.
Provided by Natasha Mathew
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the cornbread mix and the white portions of the green onions for the filling.
- Prepare the cornbread topping: combine remaining cornbread mix with 1/2 cup water, Cheddar-Jack cheese, and green portions of green onions in a mixing bowl; stir to combine. Add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until fully combined and a thick, spreadable batter forms. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling: heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add chicken, carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, reserved white portions of green onions, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in reserved cornbread mix. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and vegetable filling to the prepared casserole dish. Top with cornbread batter and smooth with a spatula. Don't worry if layer is thin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.8 calories, Carbohydrate 34.7 g, Cholesterol 52.2 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 18.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 901.1 mg, Sugar 8.2 g
STOVE TOP® ONE-DISH CHICKEN & STUFFING BAKE
You know what they say: You can never have too many quick and easy chicken breast recipes! Especially when they're one-pot wonders made with stuffing.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir just until moistened.
- Place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix soup, sour cream and cheese; spoon over chicken. Top with stuffing.
- Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 1010 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 35 g
CHICKEN AND CORNBREAD CASSEROLE (THANKSGIVING ANYTIME!)
This recipe combines the ingredients of my Mom's dressing, and turns it into a casserole for anytime of year. Bring Thanksgiving into your home anytime of year! Cooking time does not include cook time for the cornbread or chicken...if making it at the same time, increase the cook time by 25 - 30 minutes. If you'd like you can use 2/3 cornbread and 1/3 biscuits.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine the cornbread, 1/2 cup melted butter, minced onion, parsley, celery, 3/4 tsp salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper in a large bowl; toss gently with a fork. Spoon the cornbread mixture into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Arrange the chopped chicken over the cornbread mixture and set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat; add the flour and salt, stirring until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add the chicken broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Combine the milk and the eggs, stirring well. Gradually add the milk mixture to the chicken broth mixture; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Bake at 375 degrees uncovered for 45 minutes or until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.6, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 15.8, Cholesterol 175, Sodium 1142, Carbohydrate 9.8, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.6, Protein 29.4
TOMATO, RICE, AND CHICKEN THIGH CASSEROLE
This rice and chicken thigh casserole has several layers of flavor and no highly processed soups. A nice comfort meal for any time of the year.
Provided by aputler
Categories Chicken Casserole
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Trim excess fat from thighs. Wash and pat dry. Season moderately with pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken thighs and cook until well browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Pour sherry over top. Remove chicken to a plate. Drain excess fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons drippings in the skillet.
- Add onion and bell pepper to the skillet and saute over medium heat until onions are translucent and peppers have softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add rice and saute for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and saffron; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and lay chicken thighs in a single layer over the rice mixture.
- Bake, covered tightly, in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- When the casserole has about 5 minutes left, melt remaining tablespoon butter in a skillet. Add tomato slices and saute until heated through.
- Place a tomato slice on top of each chicken thigh, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, until chicken juices run clear, about 15 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.5 calories, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 101.1 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 28.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 374 mg, Sugar 2 g
CHICKEN AND CORNBREAD STUFFING CASSEROLE
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray a 3-quart casserole with Pam. In 3-quart saucepan, heat soup and milk to boiling over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in mixed vegetables, onion, and sage.
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken and stuffing mix. Spoon into casserole.
- Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until hot in the center.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.7, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 65, Sodium 628.3, Carbohydrate 25.8, Fiber 5, Sugar 1.6, Protein 24.9
More about "cornbread and chicken thigh casserole recipes"
CHICKEN-AND-CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 7 minsServings 6
- Sauté celery and onion in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- Combine onion mixture, chicken, and next 6 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon mixture evenly over top of cornbread mixture in dish. Top evenly with remaining half of cornbread mixture, and drizzle with butter.
MEXICAN CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - RECIPES - FAXO
EASY CHICKEN THIGHS AND RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE - MUNCHKIN TIME
CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
FARMHOUSE CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED …
CORNBREAD STUFFING CHICKEN CASSEROLE | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
CAJUN CHICKEN THIGH CORNBREAD PIE RECIPE - HOME CHEF
10 BEST CHICKEN THIGH CASSEROLE RECIPES - YUMMLY
FRENCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY WEEKNIGHT CORNBREAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE
TRADITIONAL NEWFOUNDLAND CHICKEN THIGH CASSEROLE - …
CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - AN EASY CHICKEN …
10 BEST CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHICKEN & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - THE SKINNY FORK
CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - MY RECIPE MAGIC
TAMALE CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
12 BEST LOW-SODIUM CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES - TASTYFIX BLOG
THE BEST + ONLY COWBOY CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE YOU NEED
CHICKEN THIGHS AND STUFFING CASSEROLE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
20 BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND ...
DUMP-AND-BAKE CHICKEN AND CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - THE ...
CORN BREAD-TOPPED CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE ...
EASY BBQ CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN ...
BBQ CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - THE FAMILY FREEZER
CHICKEN & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - BREAD BOOZE BACON
CHICKEN & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE (THANKSGIVING ANYTIME!) RECIPE
CORNBREAD AND CHICKEN THIGH CASSEROLE - DAAM.FUN
You'll also love