PERFECT CORNBREAD STICKS
This is a melt in your mouth recipe. I have 3 molds for corn sticks, two are cast iron and one is glass. I use the cast iron. I usually do this recipe in the Winter, when the wood cook stove is fired up, and heat the mold on top of the stove before pouring the batter into the forms. This is the perfect accompaniment to my black bean soup.
Provided by Sweetiebarbara
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 18-20 corn sticks, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425F and place corn stick pans in oven.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into bowl.
- Stir in corn meal.
- Add eggs, milk, and butter.
- Beat with electric hand mixer until just smooth, about one minute, do not over beat.
- Grease pans with solid shortening.
- Fill pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.6, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 96.5, Sodium 638, Carbohydrate 42.6, Fiber 2, Sugar 8.7, Protein 7.3
CLASSIC CORNBREAD STICKS
Yield Makes about 14
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425°. Brush wells of 2 (7-stick) cast-iron cornstick pans with melted butter. Place pans in oven to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, and egg. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; stir in buttermilk mixture just until combined.
- Carefully remove hot pans from oven. Sprinkle wells with remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Divide batter among prepared wells.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove from pan immediately. Serve with butter, if desired.
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 14 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place two 7-stick cast-iron corn stick molds in the oven to heat at least 15 minutes. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat until it foams. Toss in the jalapeno, scallions and garlic. Saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with a little salt. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk the buttermilk and egg lightly in a small bowl until combined. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk mixture all at once. Stir the two mixtures together just until combined. Add the jalapeno mixture to the bowl along with any butter in the pan. Add the cheddar cheese and stir to combine (the batter will be thick).
- Remove the hot pans from the oven and brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Divide the batter among the molds, then place back into the oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden and springy to the touch.
CAYENNE CORN BREAD STICKS
Categories Bread Cheese Dairy Bake Super Bowl Cornmeal Hot Pepper Bon Appétit
Yield Makes about 14
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush cast-iron corn stick molds with vegetable oil and place in oven. Mix yellow cornmeal, unbleached flour, dark brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Whisk 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, butter and egg in small bowl. Mix into dry ingredients. Stir in grated cheddar cheese. Add more buttermilk if necessary to thin to just pourable consistency. Fill corn stick molds with batter. Bake corn sticks until tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Using tip of small sharp knife, gently lift corn sticks from molds. Serve warm.
TEXAS CORNBREAD STICKS
This recipe is from "Southern Living" magazine, January 2006. Excellent cornread! Delicious!
Provided by SouthernBell2627
Yield 16 sticks
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine first 5 ingredients; make a well in center. Stir together buttermilk, butter, and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just moistened.
- Heat cast-iron cornstick pans in a 450 degree oven 5 minutes or until hot. Remove pans from oven, and brush lightly with oil. Spoon batter evenly into hot pans.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately; cool slightly on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 20, Sodium 217.6, Carbohydrate 9.8, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 1, Protein 2.1
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease two cornstick pans liberally with vegetable shortening (I prefer using this to baking spray, because it remains more stable at high temperatures). Alternately, you may also use a muffin pan, popover pan, or cast-iron skillet.
- Combine the rice milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour mix, cornmeal, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the rice milk mixture and stir to combine. Add the egg replacer and melted shortening. Stir a couple of times until smooth. Fill the cornstick molds two-thirds full. Smooth the tops so the batter fills the mold. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Turn out immediately onto a cooling rack, or better yet, into a bread basket to be passed at the table. Serve warm.
More about "cornbread sticks recipes"
CORN BREAD STICKS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2.5/5 (3)Calories 161 per servingServings 6
CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TASSO CHEESE CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CORN STICKS | "JIFFY" MIX
CORNBREAD STICKS - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
CLASSIC CORN STICKS - COUNTRY LIVING
CORN BREAD STICKS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPES FOR CORNBREAD STICKS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THE 24 BEST CORNBREAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
TEXAS CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE
AUNT JEAN'S CORNBREAD STICKS - AN ALLI EVENT
FROZEN CORNBREAD STICKS - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESY CORNBREAD DIPPING STICKS - SWEETPHI
CORN BREAD STICKS RECIPE | RECIPE | COOKING AND BAKING, COOKING …
CORN STICKS - PAULA DEEN
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN CORN STICKS - THE SEASONED MOM
CORN BREAD STICKS - BIGOVEN.COM
SOUTHERN CORN STICKS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
QUICK CORN BREAD STICKS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD STICKS (WITH VIDEO) - PUDGE FACTOR
JALAPEñO CORNBREAD STICKS | SOUTHERN LIVING
SOUTHERN CORN STICKS MADE FROM SCRATCH : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
SOUTHERN CORN STICKS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CORN STICKS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CORNBREAD STICKS - 2022
PEPPER JACK CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
CORNBREAD STICK RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
20 BEST CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE IDEAS - PINTEREST
MINI CORN COB CORNBREAD STICKS - A CANADIAN FOODIE
CORNBREAD STICKS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, CORNBREAD STICKS ...
SOUTHWESTERN CORNBREAD STICKS - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
THE BEST CORNBREAD MUFFINS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE RECIPE
ONION AND CHEDDAR CHEESE CORNBREAD STICKS - BIGOVEN
CORNMEAL BREADSTICKS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HOW TO KEEP CORNBREAD FROM STICKING TO A CAST IRON SKILLET
CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VORTEX AIR FRYER CAST IRON CORNBREAD STICKS - VORTEX RECIPES
CORNBREAD STICKS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breads #lunch #side-dishes #snacks #eggs-dairy #vegetables #oven #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #holiday-event #vegetarian #dietary #high-calcium #comfort-food #inexpensive #high-in-something #corn #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love