POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE BY TASTY
Buttery, creamy, and made oh-so fragrant with the help of thyme and chives, this potato leek soup is the perfect companion to any cold weather dinner. Serve with a bit of hot sauce for an extra kick and a sprinkling of croutons for added crunch.
Provided by Merle O'Neal
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt butter on medium heat in a large pot. Add the chopped leeks and stir until coated with butter.
- Cover the pot and lower heat, cook for around 10 minutes until the leeks have softened.
- Increase to medium-high. Add garlic, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, then add vegetable broth, water, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover pot with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and easily speared by a fork.
- Uncover and remove thyme and bay leaf.
- Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Stir in chives and hot sauce (optional).
- Allow to cool 2 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 751 calories, Carbohydrate 67 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 14 grams
POTATO LEEK SOUP
- Make a bouquet garni: First wrap bay leaves, rosemary, parsley, and peppercorns in a piece of cheesecloth. Then tie with a piece of kitchen twine, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium stockpot. Add celery, leeks, shallots, and garlic; cook on medium-low heat until very soft, about 45 minutes, stirring only occasionally. Do not brown. Add potatoes, stock, and reserved bouquet garni. Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook until potatoes are very tender, about 40 minutes. Remove bouquet garni, and discard.
- Working in batches, pass half of the soup through a food mill, fitted with a medium disk, into a large saucepan. Add remaining chunky soup. Place the saucepan on medium-low heat to warm soup. Slowly stir in milk and cream, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
COUNTRY STYLE POTATO LEEK SOUP
Leeks differ, if yours have large desirable white and light green sections, use 4 lb.s of leeks; if they are short on these parts, go with 5 lbs.
Provided by Chef mariajane
Categories Low Protein
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut off roots, and tough dark green portion of leeks, leaving white portion and about 3 inches of light green. Slice in half lengthwise and chop into 1-inch sections. (You should have about 11 cups).
- Heat butter in Dutch oven medium-low heat until foaming; stir in leeks, increase to medium heat, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks are tender but not mushy, 15-20 minutes, do not brown. Sprinkle flour over leeks and stir to evenly coat; cook until flour dissolves, about 2 minutes. Increase heat to high.
- Whisking constantly, gradually add stock. Add bay leaf and potatoes; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, until potatoes are almost tender 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and let stand until potatoes are tender and flavors meld, 10-15 minutes. Discard bay leaf, season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.2, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 36.8, Sodium 370.4, Carbohydrate 72.1, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 16.5, Protein 12.6
CHUNKY POTATO LEEK SOUP
My family and I crave a steaming bowl of potato leek soup on a cold winter evening, but we don't want the butter and fat content of regular soup recipes. So I created this lighter version. I have shared it with many folks, and everyone who has tried it loves it for the robust, satisfying flavor. -Christine Frye, Odessa, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a lightly greased nonstick skillet, cook leeks and onion for 5 minutes or until tender and just beginning to brown; set aside., In a large saucepan, cook flour and garlic powder in oil for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Gradually whisk in broth. Stir in the bay leaves, salt, pepper, pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. , Stir in potatoes and leek mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk and evaporated milk; heat through. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 593mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
LA MADELEINE'S COUNTRY POTATO SOUP (COPYCAT)
This recipe is from Executive Chef Remy Schaal of la Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe. Founded in Dallas in 1983, la Madeleine has many neighborhood cafes and bakeries in five states and Washington, D.C. Excellent potato soup!
Provided by Lizzie-Babette
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, add butter, leeks and onions, and cook.
- (Do not brown vegetables.) Add chicken stock, potatoes, salt and fresh thyme.
- Cook for 40 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Add cream, bring to a boil and serve hot.
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese and diced bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.8, Fat 19.5, SaturatedFat 10.2, Cholesterol 54.4, Sodium 467.2, Carbohydrate 44.1, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 6, Protein 13.7
More about "country style potato leek soup recipes"
POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 158 per serving
- Partially cover skillet, reduce heat to medium, and cook until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
COUNTRY-STYLE POTATO-LEEK SOUP | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
5/5 (5)Category Main Courses, SoupsServings 6-8
POTATO YAM AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE - COUNTRY GROCER
IRRESISTIBLE FRENCH POTATO AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE
RUSTIC POTATO-LEEK SOUP - COOK'S COUNTRY
RUSTIC POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE - GIMME SOME OVEN
CHUNKY POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE - EATING EUROPEAN
POTATO LEEK SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
COUNTRY-STYLE POTATO-LEEK SOUP | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
HERBED VEGAN POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE - THE …
COUNTRY-STYLE LEEK & POTATO SOUP ⋆ EVERYDAY HEALTHY! EVERYDAY …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
COUNTRY STYLE POTATO-LEEK SOUP | RECIPE | LEEK SOUP, COOKS …
CAWL CENNIN LEEK AND POTATO SOUP RECIPES
POTATO SOUP WITH LEEKS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LEEK AND POTATO SOUP WITH COUNTRY HAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
POTATO LEEK SOUP - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CLASSIC POTATO LEEK SOUP - SKINNYTASTE
10 LEEK AND POTATO RECIPES THAT GO BEYOND SOUP | ALLRECIPES
POTATO AND LEEK SOUP - IRISH AMERICAN MOM
COUNTRY STYLE CREAMY POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
BEST BASQUE-STYLE LEEK AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE | CHRISTOPHER …
BELGIAN POTATO LEEK SOUP WITH ABBEY ALE | CRAFT BEERING
CROCK POT LEEK AND POTATO SOUP (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
RECIPE: COUNTRY-STYLE POTATO-LEEK SOUP (REPOST) - RECIPELINK.COM
COUNTRY STYLE POTATO LEEK SOUP - DOYRECIPES.BLOGSPOT.COM
TRADITIONAL IRISH LEEK AND POTATO SOUP - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
QUICK MENU IDEAS: POTATO-LEEK SOUP | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
CLASSIC LEEK AND POTATO SOUP (VICHYSSOISE) RECIPE
RUSTIC LEEK AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE - COUNTRYFILE.COM
LEEK AND POTATO SOUP FROM CHEF BERNARD LOISEAU MY PARISIAN …
CLASSIC POTATO LEEK SOUP - DISHING DELISH
RECIPE(TRIED): COUNTRY-STYLE POTATO-LEEK SOUP - RECIPELINK.COM
CREAMY HOMEMADE POTATO LEEK SOUP | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
COUNTRY-STYLE POTATO-LEEK SOUP WITH KIELBASA | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
LEEK AND POTATO SOUP - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
COUNTRY-STYLE POTATO-LEEK SOUP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
COUNTRY STYLE POTATO LEEK SOUP - BREAD EXPERIENCE
LEEK AND POTATO SOUP WITH COUNTRY HAM RECIPE
WILD LEEK RECIPE: GRANDMA'S POTATO LEEK SOUP - HERE IN THE CATSKILLS
You'll also love