Courgette And Sorrel Fritters
COURGETTE AND SORREL FRITTERS
i had lots of courgettes and lots of sorrel in my garden and this is the result. the sorrel adds a nice sharp taste. very nice as a starter or a supper dish and you might like to try it with a side salad and dressing made with natural yoghurt with snipped chives and black pepper.
Time: 49 minutes
- grate the courgettes , and place in a bowl sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes
- squeeze out the moisture from the courgettes , and drain on kitchen paper
- beat the flour , eggs and cream together , and stir in the courgetes , sorrel and spring onion
- thin with a little milk to obtain the consistency of thick cream
- season with pepper
- heat the oil and drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan
- cook for 4 minutes turning once untill the fritters are golden
- serve hot
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- all-purpose flour
- light cream
- spring onions
COURGETTE AND SORREL FRITTERS
I had lots of courgettes and lots of sorrel in my garden and this is the result. The sorrel adds a nice sharp taste. Very nice as a starter or a supper dish and you might like to try it with a side salad and dressing made with natural yoghurt with snipped chives and black pepper.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Tea Jenny
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- Grate the courgettes, and place in a bowl sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out the moisture from the courgettes, and drain on kitchen paper.
- Beat the flour, eggs and cream together, and stir in the courgetes, sorrel and spring onion.
- Thin with a little milk to obtain the consistency of thick cream.
- Season with pepper.
- Heat the oil and drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes turning once untill the fritters are golden.
- Serve hot.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 2 large courgettes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons single light cream
- 2 ounces of shredded sorrel
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons milk
- oil (for frying)
Pan-fried zucchini, yellow squash, and carrot cakes, with golden crispy edges and tender insides. These make great dippers for toddlers to adults. You would never know that these nutritious fritters amount to eating your vegetables.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by MooShell
- Toss zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots with salt in a colander and drain for 15 minutes. Wrap vegetables in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible; transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Combine corn muffin mix, baking powder, and paprika in a bowl. Stir in vegetables and eggs until well mixed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to spread oil evenly. Drop tablespoonfuls of the zucchini batter into the hot oil, flattening each dollop with the back of a spoon. Pan-fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Cool slightly before serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or more as needed
A favourite recipe from Alison Holst's book, Meals without Meat. These make a delicious, quick and easy main. Ideal when time is short or courgettes are in abundance and you're looking for another way to eat them.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Kiwi Kathy
Yield 4 serving(s)
- Beat the eggs. Crush the garlic and add to the eggs with the salt. Mix again.
- Add the firmly packed grated courgette and cheese then stir in enough self-raising flour to make a batter consistency.
- Drop batter into hot oil to make small fritters. Turn over when golden brown.
- Serve with yoghurt cucumber mint sauce or any relish, chutney or tomato sauce.
- Serves 4 main servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups courgettes, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour, approx
EASY ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, low in calories, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Amy Gonzalez
- Toss zucchini and salt together in a large colander and place in sink to drain for 10 minutes.
- Put zucchini in the middle of a piece of cheesecloth; wrap cheesecloth around zucchini and squeeze to drain as much moisture from zucchini as possible.
- Mix flour, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in zucchini.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scoop batter by the tablespoon into the hot skillet and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
More recipes about courgette and sorrel fritters recipes
Courgette And Sorrel Fritters - TfRecipes
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comcourgette and sorrel fritters. Recipe by Tea Jenny. I had lots of courgettes and lots of sorrel in my garden and this is the result. The sorrel adds a nice sharp taste. Very nice as a starter or a supper dish and you might like to try it with a side salad and dressing made with natural yoghurt with snipped chives and black pepper. ... ...Show details
Courgette Fritters Recipe | Ottolenghi Dinner Party Starter
Recipe From : thehappyfoodie.co.ukCook them for 3–4 minutes and then finish off in a 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7 oven for 5 minutes, so that the mixture is cooked through. We use manouri cheese in our fritters at NOPI. It’s a Greek, semihard, creamy ewe’s milk cheese that’s fantastic for … ...Show details
Courgette Fritters | FreshChoice
Recipe From : freshchoice.co.nzOct 08, 2019 · Ingredients 2-3 medium courgettes, roughly 3 cups grated 2 Tbsp chopped parsley 2 eggs, beaten 1/2 cup flour 1 tsp baking powder salt and pepper handful grated cheese olive oil for fry… ...Show details
Courgette Fritters | Nigella's Recipes | Nigella Lawson
Recipe From : nigella.comPut the chopped spring onions in a bowl and crumble in the feta. Stir in the chopped parsley and mint, along with the dried mint and paprika. Add the flour and season well … ...Show details
Easy Courgette Fritters Recipe - Oven Baked with Feta Cheese
Recipe From : tamingtwins.comJul 05, 2018 · Ingredients 1 kg Courgettes Grated 100 g Feta cheese Crumbled into big chunks 2 Medium free range eggs 2 Cloves Garlic Peeled and crushed 15 g Fresh dill Chopped 15 g Fresh mint Chopped 1 tsp Dried oregano 75 g Plain flour 200 g Breadcrumbs .5 Red onion Peeled and finely chopped … ...Show details
Courgette fritters recipe - BBC Food
Recipe From : bbc.co.ukSeason the courgette with sea salt and set aside. Whisk together the egg, baking powder, flour and cumin in a large bowl and season with black pepper. Squeeze the … ...Show details
Quick and Crispy Vegetable Fritters | Just a Taste
Recipe From : justataste.comApr 07, 2021 · Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Let the zucchini sit for 10 minutes then using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer the … ...Show details
How to cook the perfect courgette fritters | Vegetables
Recipe From : theguardian.comAug 25, 2016 · Perfect courgette fritters (Makes 10) 500g courgettes ½ tsp sea salt 40g plain flour ½ tsp baking powder 20g fine polenta or cornmeal 4 spring onions, finely chopped 2 eggs, beaten Grating of nutmeg ...Show details
Korean Courgette Fritters with Sesame Dipping Sauce Recipe
Recipe From : abelandcole.co.ukAdd 1 tbsp oil and swirl the pan to coat the base with oil. Add 4 tbsp of the batter mixture to the hot pan to make 4 small fritters. Cook for 3 mins on each side till golden brown and firm. Lift the fritters out of the pan and pop on a plate. ...Show details
Crispy courgette fritters recipe - Allrecipes.co.uk - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comWatch how to make these moreish courgette fritters for a delectable vegetarian main, side dish or starter. Find this courgette recipe and loads more on Allre... ...Show details
Sesame, halloumi & courgette fritters with chilli honey
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comJun 04, 2020 · Combine the flours, sesame seeds and pepper in a bowl. Add the mint, halloumi and courgette, and toss lightly to combine. Crack in the eggs and use a fork to stir them into the mixture … ...Show details
Easy Courgette Fritters Recipe - olivemagazine
Recipe From : olivemagazine.comNov 04, 2019 · Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and put over a medium-high heat. Divide the batter into 4 (snip any long courgette spirals) and, in batches, cook for 2-3 … ...Show details
Spiced courgette and carrot fritters with raita - Recipes
Recipe From : waitrose.comPut the reserved 2 tbsp grated courgette in a bowl and add the yogurt. Stir in the crushed seeds, a pinch of salt and ½ the coriander, combining evenly. 3. To make the fritters, add the curry powder, flour, baking powder, egg and remaining coriander to the courgette and carrot bowl, season and mix well. ...Show details
Sam Bilton | Elizabeth David's Courgette Tian
Recipe From : sambilton.comJul 30, 2019 · A few small spinach, chard or sorrel leaves, coarsely chopped (optional) Salt, pepper and nutmeg to season; Method. Preheat the oven to 150℃. Put 2 tbsp oil in a 20cm earthenware dish or solid based flan dish (ensuring both are oven proof!). Add the cubed potatoes and garlic along wit some salt, pepper and nutmeg stirring to coat in the oil. ...Show details
Rachel Roddy’s recipe for courgette and ricotta fritters
Recipe From : theguardian.comJul 22, 2019 · The best of three recipes, these fritters have just enough batter to hold together a soft courgette and ricotta heart, while the shaggy outsides, with bits of courgette sticking out like unruly ... ...Show details
Easy Courgette Fritters - Great British Chefs
Recipe From : greatbritishchefs.comApr 28, 2016 · This easy courgette fritter recipe is a speedy and delicious way to transform courgettes into an impressive snack.Feta cheese, spring onions and a handful of mint add delightful flavour to these popular fritters… ...Show details
Cheesy Courgette & Carrot Fritters Recipe | HelloFresh
Recipe From : hellofresh.co.nzAug 14, 2018 · Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Cut the kumara and beetroot (both unpeeled) into 1cm chunks. Place the kumara, beetroot and a drizzle of … ...Show details
Carrot and Courgette Fritters - Madeleine Shaw
Recipe From : madeleineshaw.comBreakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Lunch and Dinner Main, Lunchbox. I highly recommend getting a batch of these delicious Carrot and Courgette Fritters on the go. They are totally customisable with whatever veg you love or have lying around as a perfect food waste saving recipe and can be made ahead and frozen for the perfect protein packed meal whenever you aren’t in the mood to cook. ...Show details
Courgette fritters recipe - All recipes UK
Recipe From : allrecipes.co.ukIn a medium bowl, combine the courgette, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly. Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop courgette … ...Show details
Courgette and Mint Fritters Recipe - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comLovely peoples, I am back at On Blackheath cooking delicious courgette and mint fritters. They are so easy to make and great for a party snack. Crispy on the... ...Show details
Vegan Courgette Fritters - By The Forkful
Recipe From : bytheforkful.comRepeat for the rest of the mixture. Mine made me 7 fritters. If baking: bake for 30 - 35 minutes, flipping half way through until the fritters are golden brown and have puffed up slightly. If frying: heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and fry the fritters for 2 - 3 minutes on each side. ...Show details
Halloumi & Courgette Fritters Recipe - Feed Your Sole
Recipe From : feed-your-sole.comThese halloumi, feta & courgette fritters are totally delicious – combining green veg with salty cheese. It also mixes in some sweetcorn for extra sweetness and some chilli flakes to add a little warmth. The fritters are topped off with a lemon & mint yogurt dressing. Yum! Courgette Fritters … ...Show details