chocolate alert !!!
Time: 35 minutes
- in a double boiler over simmering water , melt chocolate chips and shortening , stirring until smooth
- remove from the heat:stir in raisins and almonds
- drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper
- chill until ready to serve
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- milk chocolate chips
- slivered almonds
BEEF POT PIES
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a heavy pot. Sear the meat over medium-high heat in batches until brown, 4 to 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Add the carrots, celery and shallots and saute until the vegetables start to wilt, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low, add the mustard, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the flour and saute for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine, beef broth and 1 cup water. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir. Bring to a boil. Return the browned meat to the pot and reduce the heat to low. Add the bay leaves and thyme sprigs, then cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons flour with a little water and pour into the stew. Cook and thicken for 10 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry sheets one by one to get rid of the creases. Set a 6- to 8-inch ovensafe skillet upside down on a pastry sheet and cut a circle around it, making it 1/2 inch larger than the dish. Repeat with the remaining 5 skillets using all of the pastry sheets; discard the scraps.
- Put the 6 skillets onto 2 baking sheets and fill the skillets with the cooled beef mixture. Sprinkle over some chopped bacon and 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley on each.
- Top each skillet with a pastry circle, pressing along the edges to seal. Mix together the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl to make an egg wash. Brush each pastry lid with the egg wash. Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 19
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat (sirloin cut into cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery (1/2-inch dice)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring
- 1 pound cremini or white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 can beef broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Three 17.3-ounce packages frozen puff pastry, such as Pepperidge Farm, thawed
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
EASY BEEF PIES
We make a lot of French dips and always have leftover roast beef. Here's how I put it to good use. For these pies, use any vegetables you like. They're extra awesome drenched in cheese sauce. -Jennie Weber, Palmer, Alaska
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain beef, reserving 1/4 cup juices; shred meat with 2 forks. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender, 1-2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat; stir in beef and reserved juices., Unroll 1 pie crust; cut in half. Layer 1/4 cup shredded cheese and about 1/3 cup beef mixture over each crust half to within 1/2 in. of edge. Fold crusts over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crust and filling., Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. If desired, serve with queso dip.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pies in a freezer container. To use, reheat pies on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa con queso dip, optional
JAMAICAN BEEF PATTIES (AKA MEAT PIES OR PASTIES)
Make and share this Jamaican Beef Patties (Aka Meat Pies or Pasties) recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Debbie R.
Yield 10 patties
- Make the crust: Combine flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, and pinch of salt. Cut in 1/4 cup margarine and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Do not overstir; that makes tough crust. Shape dough into a log, and cut into 10 equal sections. Roll each section into a six inch circle (approximately 1/8 inch thick). Set aside.
- Next, prepare the filling.: Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until soft and translucent. Stir in ground beef. Season with 1 teaspoon curry powder, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Cook until beef is browned, stirring constantly. Stir in beef broth and bread crumbs. Simmer until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Now make the patties: Spoon some filling into each pastry circle. Fold over and press edges together, making a half circle. Use a fork to press edges, and brush the top of each patty with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- NOTE: If you have the time and organization, it might be best to make the filling in advance, long enough to cool down before fillng the pastry. Otherwise, it might melt the pastry somewhat. Just a thought from a review on another recipe.
Number Of Ingredients: 16
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
More recipes about cow pies recipes
Beef Pie Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comCorned Beef and Cabbage Shepherd's Pie. This is a combination of my favorite corned beef and cabbage recipe, and my favorite shepherd's pie recipe. It involves a few extra steps when compared to your traditional boiled beef dinner, but the payoff at the end is well worth the extra effort. By layering the ingredients in a casserole dish, each ... ...Show details
10 Best Beef Meat Pie Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comApr 09, 2021 · egg, ground beef, medium onion, cold water, potatoes, large garlic cloves and 16 more Chinese Beef Meat Pie (牛肉馅饼) Omnivore's Cookbook sesame oil, beef, all purpose flour, onion, salt, vegetable oil and 8 more Ground Beef Meat … ...Show details
Beef Pot Pie Recipes | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comWe have the best beef pot pie recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Add Filter. Casseroles. Dinner. Pot Pies. Beef. Ground Beef… ...Show details
10 Best English Meat Pies Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comApr 09, 2021 · parsley, green onion, salt, lard, warm water, black pepper, venison and 8 more. Alabama Meat Pies BigOven. biscuits, ground beef, Velveeta, breakfast sausage. Barbecue Meat Pies Miss in the Kitchen. Mrs Dash, flour, black pepper, kosher salt, mozzarella cheese and 9 more. Natchitoches Meat Pies … ...Show details
Beef Pie Recipes - Great British Chefs
Recipe From : greatbritishchefs.comMay 18, 2015 · Beef pie recipes. There is something distinctly British about a beef pie. Whether it's a steamed with kidneys, smothered in mashed potato or braised in ale and topped with golden pastry beef works wonderfully in a variety of meat pies. Think … ...Show details
Beef Pie Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comLooking for beef pie recipes? Allrecipes has more than 190 trusted beef pie recipes complete with ratings, reviews and baking tips. ...Show details
Individual chunky beef pies | Recipe | Food, Meat pie
Recipe From : pinterest.comRecipe from taste.com.au Individual chunky beef pies 20 · 35 minutes · This traditional beef and mushroom combo is infused with aromatic rosemary and garlic. ...Show details
Homemade Louisiana-style Meat Pie recipe
Recipe From : thespeckledpalate.comOct 07, 2019 · Place the meat pies (frozen or chilled) on the prepared baking sheet, and brush with the egg wash, and then bake. The bake time will vary, depending … ...Show details
Meat Pie recipe! | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe From : recipetineats.comSprinkle beef with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large heavy based pot over high heat. Add 1/3 of the beef and brown aggressively all over, then remove. Repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil if needed. ...Show details
Party Pies (Aussie Mini Beef Pies / Meat Pies) | RecipeTin
Recipe From : recipetineats.comJan 19, 2015 · Add half the beef and sear until the outside is lightly browned. Remove from the pot into a bowl and repeat with remaining beef. Lower the heat to medium high and add the remaining olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is … ...Show details
Guinness and Beef Pie Recipe- Sunday Supper Meal Idea
Recipe From : hellocreativefamily.comFeb 02, 2021 · Preheat oven to 300° Mix flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside. Heat 2 tbsp. of the olive oil in a large oven safe skillet. Toss the beef in the flour mixture to coat (I save the remaining flour and add it to the sauce before slow cooking in the … ...Show details
Beef Pie Recipes - CDKitchen
Recipe From : cdkitchen.comBeef Pies. Often called meat pies, shepherd's pie, cottage pie, or just plain old beef pies. Most popular is the use of ground beef in these recipes, but stew meat or minced sirloin is another common ingredient. ...Show details
Chunky Beef And Mushroom Pie Recipe | Food Voyageur
Recipe From : foodvoyageur.comAug 20, 2020 · Instructions Heat a pot on medium heat with oil, sear the beef on all sides Once well-seared take the beef off the pan, to the same pan, add all the vegetables … ...Show details
14 Hand Pies - Easy Savory Hand Pie Recipes
Recipe From : countryliving.comApr 13, 2015 · 11 of 14. Fudgey Peanut Butter Hand Pies. Swirl together rich chocolate fudge frosting and creamy peanut butter, then seal inside a pie crust casing for a truly unforgettable dessert. Get the recipe at Wine and Glue. Courtesy of Stonegable. 12 of 14. Ham, Cheese and Broccoli Hand Pies. ...Show details
Beef Pot Pie Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comDec 05, 2018 · Transfer mixture to a large heatproof bowl; stir in potatoes, beef, peas, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Step 5. Preheat oven to … ...Show details
Easy steak pie recipe | BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comApr 11, 2018 · To make the filling, heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Heat half the oil in a large casserole dish, brown the meat really well in batches, then set aside. Add … ...Show details
Beef Steak Pie - House of Nash Eats
Recipe From : houseofnasheats.comMay 12, 2019 · Season the meat with the salt and pepper. In a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the seasoned meat, … ...Show details
Beef Pie Recipes | SparkRecipes
Recipe From : recipes.sparkpeople.comagassifan veggie beef pie. This recipe has major WOW factor for your parties or other gatherings. I was a BIG hit at our Easter breakfast. I added beef that I needed to use up, but this pie is excellent without meat and you can use just about any vegetable that … ...Show details
23 Beef pie recipes | delicious. magazine
Recipe From : deliciousmagazine.co.ukBeef pie recipes. Pies are one of the ultimate comfort foods, and an efficient way of feeding a family through the colder months. Our beef pies come in all shapes and sizes. Try a classic steak pie, or mix it up with a beef pie with cauliflower cheese topping…. ...Show details
Easy Beef Pot Pie - Simply Delicious
Recipe From : simply-delicious-food.comMar 15, 2020 · Cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables start to soften and turn golden brown. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant. Stir the flour into the vegetables then add the meat back into the pot and combine. Pour in the tomatoes, beef stock, mustard and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, stir to combine then cover with a lid. ...Show details
Slow Cooker Beef Pie Recipes - The Simple Housewife
Recipe From : thesimplehousewife.comAdd tomato paste, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, 2 beef stock cubes crumbled and 2 cups of water. Cook on high 3.5 hours or until tender. Preheat oven 200c. Fill oven proof dish (approximately 30 x 18cm) with pie filling. Make sure you remove the bay leaves. Cut pastry to fit pie dish and crimp edges to cover. ...Show details
The Ultimate Steak and Kidney Pie Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.com1 1/2 pounds beef chuck steak (or other tough beef), cut into 1-inch cubes. 1/2 pound beef kidney, cleaned and chopped into 1-inch cubes. 2 tablespoons butter . 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. 2 large onions, thinly sliced. 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch cubes. 3 1/2 cups beef … ...Show details