MINI CRAB TARTS
Frozen phyllo tart shells bake up to crispy perfection that's heavenly with this warm, rich, creamy filling. They're a snap to prepare with canned crabmeat. -Linda Stemen, Monroeville, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 30 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place tart shells in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk, mayonnaise, flour and salt until smooth. Stir in crab, cheese and chopped onion. Spoon into tart shells., Bake 9-11 minutes or until set. Garnish with sliced onions if desired. Serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge.Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust., Reduce heat to 375°. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender. , In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, red pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Pour into crust., Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
A proper quiche (also known as a tarte salée, or savory open pie) should have really good pastry and contain a soft, tender eggy custard. It should be light enough to serve as a first course, or in larger portions for a simple main course. It should be something to sing about. This is a rosy bisque-like shellfish quiche with a handful of crab meat (use shrimp or lobster if you like).
Provided by David Tanis
Categories breakfast, dinner, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bake prepared dough at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Patch any small holes with leftover dough. Cool.
- Set red pepper in the flames of a stovetop gas burner turned to high. Turn with tongs until skin is blackened, 5 to 7 minutes, then cool. Peel, remove seeds and veins, and slice into 1/4-inch strips.
- Make the custard: in mixing bowl, beat eggs, mustard, salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne. Whisk in cream and herbs. Set aside.
- Set tart pan on a baking sheet. Spread crab meat evenly over bottom of pastry. Arrange red pepper strips over crab meat. Beat custard once more and carefully pour into tart shell. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, until top is golden and custard is set. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake the pie crust for about 10 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir in shredded cheese, onion and imitation crab. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn off the oven, but leave the door closed. Leave quiche in the oven for an additional 20 to 30 minutes until firm. This will give it a smoother texture.
CRAB AND ARTICHOKE TARTS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine crabmeat, artichoke hearts, red bell pepper, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions, flour, garlic powder, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into tart shells. Place filled shells on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until tart is golden and filling is bubbling, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
People also searched
More about "crab quiche tarts recipes"
MINI CRAB QUICHE TARTS - THE BITTER SIDE OF SWEET
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin tin with non stick cooking spray and set aside. Using a small round cookie cutter, cut puff pastry and place into indentations of muffin tin. In medium bowl whisk eggs together. Add garlic powder and crab …
See details »
CRAB TART RECIPE WITH CHEDDAR - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Method. print recipe. 1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas mark 7. 2. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin (3mm) and line a 4cm deep, 20cm round loose bottom tart …
10 BEST CRAB TARTS APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
Crab Tarts Appetizer Recipes. 5,610 suggested recipes. Layered Seafood Appetizer McCormick. lump crabmeat, Old Bay Seasoning, green onions, cheddar cheese and 4 more. Appetizer Meatballs Pork. soy sauce, ground pork, ice water, black pepper. …
See details »
CRAB QUICHE RECIPE - THE RECIPE WEBSITE - TASTY VARIATION
2019-05-27 · Bake in a preheated 375F (190C) oven for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the weights and foil and bake until light golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Meanwhile whisk together the eggs, yolks, milk, cream, sherry, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne. Toss the crab …
CRAB QUICHE - RECIPE IDEAS, PRODUCT REVIEWS, HOME DECOR ...
- Put the flour and butter into a food processor and whiz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. In a small bowl, stir together the egg yolk and 2½tbsp ice-cold water.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6. Lightly flour a work surface and roll the pastry out; use to line a 25cm (10in) loose-bottomed fluted tart tin.
- Meanwhile, in a large jug mix together the eggs, cream, some seasoning and most of the chilli and chives. Next, drain the crab, tip on to kitchen paper and pat dry.
- Remove pastry from the fridge and cover with a large sheet of greaseproof paper. Fill (on top of the greaseproof) with baking beans, then put tin on a baking sheet.
- Lower the oven temperature to 180°C (160°C fan) mark 4. Scatter most of the crab into the pastry case, then pour over the egg mixture. Scatter over remaining chilli, chives and crab.
CRAB QUICHE WITH DIABLO SOUR CREAM | COOKING ON THE RANCH
2017-12-07 · Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before adding quiche mixture. And remember to dock the crust with a fork before adding quiche mixture. In a large bowl, with a whisk, blend the eggs, sour …
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If making this crustless, lightly grease 1-10 inch deep dish glass pie plate or an 8 x 8 casserole dish. If using tart pans, line each tart pan with pie crusts. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before adding quiche mixture. And remember to dock the crust with a fork before adding quiche mixture.
- In a large bowl, with a whisk, blend the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, salt, tabasco sauce, and nutmeg.
- Pour the crabmeat mixture into the prepared deep dish pie plate, tart pans or casserole and bake for 45 - 60 minutes or until puffed and golden brown and knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving,
CRAB CUSTARD TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
- Line a 24cm/9½in round fluted loose-bottomed tart tin with the puff pastry and trim the edges with a sharp knife. Cover and chill for 15 minutes in the fridge or 5 minutes in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, squeeze any excess liquid out of the crab meat. Add the crab to a bowl, together with the lemon zest and juice and most of the spring onions, dill and coriander.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs and cream with the remaining chopped herbs and spring onions. Season with a quarter of a teaspoon of salt and some pepper.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes, then serve with a few dill fronds and coriander leaves scattered over.
CRAB AND LEEK TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
- For the pastry, pulse the flours and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. With the motor running, add the egg in a thin stream and blend until the mixture begins to form a ball.
- Roll the pastry into a circle on a floured work surface and use it to line a 23cm/9in loose-based fluted tart tin. Press the pastry with your fingertips firmly into the base and sides.
- Line the pastry with a large sheet of crumpled baking parchment and half fill with baking beans. Bake the tart case for 25 minutes. Remove the beans and return the tart to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes or until the surface is dry and beginning to brown.
- For the filling, melt the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over a low heat. Add the leeks and fry gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring until just softened.
- Put the eggs in a large jug and beat lightly with a whisk. Stir in the crème fraîche, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Beat together with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Scatter the leeks over the pastry case and dot the white crab meat around them. Pour over the crème friache mixture and sprinkle with the cheese. Cook on the baking tray for 25 minutes, or until the filling is golden-brown and just set.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before removing.
CRAB AND LEEK TART: HAIRY BIKERS' RECIPE. - UK FOOD BLOG
Labels: baking, best of british, crab and leek tart, crab recipes, hairy bikers, meal ideas, quiche, recipe reviews, savoury, seafood. 1 comment: Unknown Wednesday, September 23, 2020 3:37:00 pm. Looks delicious going to try this. Reply Delete. Replies. Reply. Add comment. Load more... Newer Post Older Post Home. Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) get in touch. [email protected] ...
BACON AND DOUBLE CHEESE QUICHE MINI TARTS | TENDERFLAKE
2017-05-06 · Directions Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). In a large, flat-bottomed fry pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Crumble, or cut bacon into small pieces. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into cooked and cooled mini-tart shells. Sprinkle the cooked bacon and cheeses over the egg mixture.
FRESH CRAB QUICHE WITH GRUYERE CHEESE RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
Directions. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the crab meat and sprinkle with the scallions. Whisk together the heavy cream, lemon zest, mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, mace and eggs in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture into …
CRAB QUICHE WITH CHEESE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
A quiche is a great dish to enjoy for brunch, lunch, and even dinner—especially when it is filled with crab and cheese. This quiche is easy to prepare, calling for a store-bought pie crust (although you can use homemade if you like) and just a few simple ingredients, including crabmeat, Swiss cheese, eggs, and half and half. A small amount of nutmeg and sautéed minced shallots provide extra ...
CRAB MINI TARTLETS | RECIPES, APPETIZER RECIPES, MINI QUICHE
Mar 17, 2012 - Crab Mini Tartlets recipe and reviews - You can take a bow when you serve this pretty and tasty appetizer, because no one will suspect you used refrigerated pie crust to save time!
See details »
CORNISH CRAB QUICHE | JAMES MARTIN CHEF
In a bowl, mix the cream, milk, egg yolk, eggs and brown crab together season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine with the leek fondue. Line the pastry base with the mixture – ensure added evenly. Cook in an oven set at 120°c for 40 minutes. Increase to 140°c for a further 20 minutes.
See details »
10 BEST QUICHE TARTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
Mini Crab Quiche Tarts The Bitter Side of Sweet green onions, Louis Kemp Crab Delights, puff pastry sheet, garlic powder and 1 more Pineapple Tarts VeggieCravings
See details »
CRAB QUICHE RECIPE - EASY SEAFOOD QUICHE
This crab quiche recipe makes excellent use of canned crab. Canned crab lacks much of the flavor of fresh crab, but used as an ingredient in other dishes, it is quite satisfactory. Of course, if you wish to invest in fresh crab, by all means use it in this seafood quiche recipe, which will only taste all the better for your attentions. Recipe Notes. Leeks take on a wonderful sweet taste with ...
See details »
CRAB, LEMON & TARRAGON TART - FOOD | DRINK | RECIPES
Unroll and use to line a 23-25cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin, about 3-4cm deep. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. 2. Preheat the oven to …
See details »
CRAB QUICHE TARTLETS : RECIPE AND BEST PHOTOS
1 : Leave baked tart shells in the tart pans. 2 : In a bowl, combine onions and crabmeat. Spread half of cheese in bottom of shells. Spoon crab mixture over cheese and top with remaining cheese. 3 : In a separate bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add milk, tarragon, salt and pepper. For easy filling of shells, transfer mixture to a measuring cup.
See details »
CRAB RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Crab, leek & cheddar tart. A star rating of 4 out of 5. 3 ratings. Enjoy this sumptuous crab, leek and cheddar tart at a family feast. You can prep early by making the pastry and cooking the leeks the day before. 1 hr 40 mins.
See details »
THE BEST QUICHE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
2020-05-20 · A quiche is a tart made with pie crust and a creamy, savory custard filling. The simplest version calls for eggs, heavy cream, whole milk, salt, and pepper, but quiche often stars cheese (we're fans of cooking with sharp Swiss and cheddar cheese), meat, and all kinds of vegetables.If you're looking for a recipe that is delicious for brunch or dinner, look no further than these quiche recipes.
See details »