Cranberry Mashed Sweet Potatoes
CRANBERRY MASHED SWEET POTATOES
yummy side dish for any season. i tend to eat sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes all year around. good side for the holidays too!
Time: 60 minutes
- combine the cranberry juice , milk , salt , sugar , and sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan
- cover and cook over low heat , stirring occasionally , until the potatoes fall apart , about 35-45 minutes
- remove from heat and mash with a potato masher in the saucepan , or transfer to a suitable dish for mashing if using a nonstick saucepan
- stir in dried cranberries and pepper
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- cranberry juice cocktail
- whole milk
- sweet potatoes
- dried cranberries
- black pepper
CRANBERRY MASHED SWEET POTATOES
Yummy side dish for any season. I tend to eat sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes all year around. Good side for the holidays too!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by TishT
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
- Combine the cranberry juice, milk, salt, sugar, and sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes fall apart, about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mash with a potato masher (or ricer) in the saucepan, or transfer to a suitable dish for mashing if using a nonstick saucepan.
- Stir in dried cranberries and pepper.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled,quartered lengthwise,and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices (the kind that are orange inside)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
MASHED SWEET POTATOES
Simple mashed sweet potatoes flavored with maple syrup and butter.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by RAINSPIRIT
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- With an electric mixer on low, blend potatoes, slowly adding milk, about 1/2 a cup at a time. Use more or less to achieve desired texture. Add butter and maple syrup to taste. Blend until smooth. Serve warm.
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup maple syrup
TWICE BAKED CRANBERRY SWEET POTATOES
Make and share this Twice Baked Cranberry Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by gbovee
Yield 10 serving(s)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean potatoes and pierce with fork.
- Place on oven rack, bake for 1 and 1/4 hours or until tender, and set aside to cool.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop pulp out with a spoon leaving 1/4 inch shell.
- Mash the potato pulp until smooth, stir in cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, butter and salt.
- Spoon mixture back into each shell dividing evenly.
- Place shells in baking pan and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion yams-sweet-potatoes north-american low-protein healthy side-dishes eggs-dairy fruit potatoes vegetables american fall holiday-event low-fat spring summer vegetarian winter easter stove-top dietary christmas new-years thanksgiving low-sodium low-cholesterol seasonal low-saturated-fat low-calorie comfort-food healthy-2 low-in-something taste-mood equipment
You'll also love
More recipes about cranberry mashed sweet potatoes recipes
Cranberries with Mashed Sweet Potato » Cranberry Marketing ...
Recipe From : uscranberries.comWith potato masher, mash potatoes to get out lumps and add 1 T melted butter. Turn into greased casserole dish or pan and set aside. Mix crumbled bacon, dried cranberries, bread crumbs, 1 T melted butter, maple syrup, salt and pepper well. Add walnuts and mix. Spoon mixture over the sweet potatoes and bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes, making sure to heat thoroughly and until golden brown. ... Show details
Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Orange Juice and Cranberries
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comBring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and allow the water to return to a simmer. Adjust the heat so the water remains at a simmer and simmer until the sweet potatoes are very soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. ...
Cranberry Streusel Sweet Potatoes Recipe - BettyCrocker.com
Recipe From : bettycrocker.com2008-09-30 · Substitute a 23-ounce can of sweet potatoes, drained, for the cooked fresh sweet potatoes. Mash as directed in step 2. To make this a day ahead of time, follow … ...
Cranberry-Glazed Sweet Potatoes Recipe | Katie Lee Biegel ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2015-11-09 · Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a baking sheet, toss together the sweet potatoes, oil and some salt and pepper. Roast until the potatoes are golden … ...
- On a baking sheet, toss together the sweet potatoes, oil and some salt and pepper. Roast until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, reduce the cranberry juice by half. Add the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon, stirring to dissolve and incorporate.
- When the potatoes come out of the oven, add them to a large bowl. Pour the glaze over top and toss to coat completely. Serve topped with the toasted almonds.
CRANBERRY MASHED POTATOES | In Good Flavor | Great Recipes ...
Recipe From : ingoodflavor.com2014-11-16 · Cover pan loosely and bring water boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and boil for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. While potatoes boil, bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium pan. Add cranberries, … ...
Sweet Potato Cranberry Sauce Bread Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-06-19 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 4 mini loaf pans. Step 2 Combine cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, eggs, white sugar, oil, brown … ...
- Combine cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, eggs, white sugar, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, and baking powder; mix well. Fold raisins into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Place loaf pans on a wire rack to cool completely.
Mashed Potato Croquettes with Cranberry Mayo Recipe | Food ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2015-05-24 · Combine mashed potatoes, Parmesan, bacon, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper. Using 2 tablespoons or a small ice cream … ...
- Combine mashed potatoes, Parmesan, bacon, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper. Using 2 tablespoons or a small ice cream scoop form into balls then flatten slightly.
- In a pie plate combine the other egg with milk. Set up a breading station with one plate of flour, then the egg mixture then the bread crumbs and panko. Place croquettes in flour, dip in egg then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat canola oil to 360 degrees F and fry for about 4 minutes until browned on all sides. (You can also shallow fry these in a pan with about 1 inch of oil then flip them.)
Maple-Cranberry Sweet Potatoes - Thanksgiving Recipes
Recipe From : goodhousekeeping.com2008-10-07 · Stir in cranberries, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook just until cranberries pop, about 5 minutes longer. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut cooled sweet potatoes … ...
- In covered 6-quart saucepot, heat whole sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon salt and enough water to cover to boiling on high.
Cranberry-Glazed Sweet Potatoes Recipe - Marcia Kiesel ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2013-12-07 · Stir the cayenne and cinnamon into the cranberry liquid and spoon it over the sweet potatoes. Bake in the upper third of the oven, basting well after 5 minutes, for 20 minutes longer, until … ...
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a large, oval, shallow baking dish. Arrange the sweet potatoes in concentric circles in the baking dish, overlapping the slices slightly. Pour 1/2 cup of the water over the sweet potatoes. Cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes, or until just tender. Increase the oven temperature to 425°.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the bourbon. Spoon the mixture over the sweet potatoes. Season with salt and black pepper and bake in the upper third of the oven for about 25 minutes, basting halfway through cooking, until the bourbon mixture is almost completely absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cranberries, the remaining 1/2 cup of water and the brown sugar and boil over moderately high heat until the cranberries start to burst, about 10 minutes. Drain the cranberries, reserving the liquid separately.
- Stir the cayenne and cinnamon into the cranberry liquid and spoon it over the sweet potatoes. Bake in the upper third of the oven, basting well after 5 minutes, for 20 minutes longer, until the potatoes are nicely glazed and most of the liquid has been absorbed. During the last 5 minutes of baking, scatter the cranberries on top. Serve hot or warm.
Cranberry-Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe: How to Make ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comIn a small bowl, combine the sweet potato, sugar, cranberries, butter, egg and vanilla. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until … ...
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Orange Cranberry Pecan Sauce ...
Recipe From : popsugar.com2017-11-20 · For mashed sweet potatoes: Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and … ...
- For orange cranberry pecan sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, and orange juice. Stir in cranberries; bring to boil and simmer until they "pop." Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and pecans. Allow to sit while preparing mashed sweet potatoes.
- For mashed sweet potatoes: Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Spread mashed sweet potatoes in a deep 9-by-9-inch or 9-by-13-inch dish. Add cranberry sauce over the top. Serve.
Sweet Potatoes With Gingersnap Cranberry Crumble
Recipe From : gfreefoodie.com2018-04-27 · Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Prepare a 2 or 3 quart casserole dish with pan spray. In a large bowl, toss the cubed sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt, honey and chili powder, and place them evenly in the casserole dish. Place the potatoes in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. ...
Mashed Sweet Potatoes - Spend With Pennies
Recipe From : spendwithpennies.com2019-10-27 · Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a delicious change from our favorite mashed potatoes!With a creamy texture and delicious buttery flavor, they are the perfect side dish for any meal! While many recipes for mashed sweet potatoes (or Sweet Potato Casserole) have added ingredients like marshmallows or pecans, I prefer mashed sweet potatoes … ...
- Add butter to the potatoes and mash with a hand masher. Add cream or milk a little bit at a time to reach desired consistency.
Cranberry Sweet Potatoes Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2007-10-17 · Arrange sweet potato cubes in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender, stirring once after 20 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a large serving bowl; add cranberry-orange crushed fruit or whole-berry cranberry … ...
- Arrange sweet potato cubes in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender, stirring once after 20 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a large serving bowl; add cranberry-orange crushed fruit or whole-berry cranberry sauce, and toss to combine.
- Kitchen Express: Substitute 2 (16-oz.) packages fresh, cubed sweet potatoes (such as Glory Foods brand) for whole sweet potatoes. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Chipotle & Cranberry Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe from H-E-B
Recipe From : heb.comHeat oven to 450°F. 2. Spray a 9x13 inch oven safe baking dish; set aside. 3. Combine sweet potatoes, pineapple, chipotle salsa, butter, and brown sugar in a processor or blender bowl. 4. Process sweet potato mixture for 10-15 seconds to a chunky texture. 5. Pour sweet potato … ...
Cranberry Sweet Potatoes Recipe from H-E-B
Recipe From : heb.comPlace potatoes in microwave-safe dish; cover with lid or paper towel. Microwave on high 6 to 8 minutes or until done. 3. Let potatoes cool; then peel and cut into bite-size pieces. 4. Melt butter in 4-quart pot over medium heat; stir in brown sugar to dissolve. 5. Add potatoes… ...
Recipes - The Sweet Potato
Recipe From : thesweetpotato.caRoasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Chia Pudding. Digs' Famous Mashed Sweet Potatoes. H-O-T Cocoa. Cheesy Cauliflower. Roasted Maple Delicata Squash. How to Roast a Perfect Turkey. Cranberry Sauce. Perfectly Pan-Cooked Steak in 3 Simple Steps. Grilled Chard Bundles. Easy Salmon Cakes. Acai Bowl. Mango Lassi . Warm Kale & Beet Salad. The Sweet Potato. 108 Vine Ave. Toronto, ON M6P 1V7 … ... Show details
Cranberry-Orange Sweet Potatoes Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2010-03-30 · Preheat oven to 400°. . Wrap each sweet potato in foil, and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until very tender. . Combine cranberries and water in a medium … ...
- . Wrap each sweet potato in foil, and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until very tender.
- . Combine cranberries and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 4 minutes or until most cranberries pop. Remove from heat; add marmalade, and stir until marmalade melts. Stir in cinnamon and next 3 ingredients.
- . Scoop out pulp from potatoes; place pulp in a large mixing bowl. Discard potato skins. Mash pulp with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in cranberry mixture, and spoon into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Cranberries ...
Recipe From : modernhoney.com2018-11-02 · Thanksgiving is known for its turkey and calorie-laden sides, such as green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, brown sugar candied pecan sweet potatoes, and sinful pies. However, I wanted to lighten things up with a healthier option. These Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a no-sugar-added, gluten-free, dairy-free alternative to the over-the-top side dishes. These Roasted Sweet Potatoes … ...
- Heat grill for 5 minutes. Place sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle olive oil all over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Toss all together. Spread out sweet potatoes on the grill (may need to cook only half at a time). Close grill and cook for 10 minutes, flipping every few minutes, until fork tender.
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Spread out sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil all over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Toss all together.
Fluffy Sweet Potato Biscuits with Salted Cranberry Maple ...
Recipe From : spicesinmydna.com2019-11-11 · Recipe Notes *1 medium baked sweet potato fields about 3/4 cup of mashed sweet potato! I do this ahead of time so that the biscuits come together quickly! *I like the texture of whole berry cranberry … ...
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Add the butter. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (It's sometimes easier to just use your hands and squeeze the butter and flour together utnil it resembles pea-sized crumbs!)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened butter, flaky salt, maple syrup, and cranberry sauce together with a spoon or rubber spatula until combined.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes recipe | Eat Smarter USA
Recipe From : eatsmarter.com2016-10-07 · Rinse the tomatoes and steam for 30 minutes. Peel, evaporate slightly, then pass through a ricer. Heat the milk, then add to the sweet potatoes with the butter. ...
Cranberry Brisket with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes Recipe ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections Place brisket in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cranberry sauce, ginger ale, cranberries and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 375° for 2 hours. ...
- Cover and bake at 375° for 2 hours. , Uncover; bake 1 hour longer or until meat is tender, basting occasionally.
Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Spiced) - fANNEtastic food
Recipe From : fannetasticfood.com2019-11-27 · Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes have become a favorite holiday staple, and for good reason. They’re rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and they taste great. But some sweet potato casseroles can be really heavy on the sugar. So I set out to create a deliciously spiced, lightly sweetened sweet potato … ...
- Peel and boil the sweet potatoes until tender (cut them into smaller pieces to make them cook more quickly), then drain and place in a bowl.
Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins | The Domestic Dietitian
Recipe From : thedomesticdietitian.com2020-05-13 · Instructions. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners or spray with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. In a smaller bowl, combine the wet ingredeints – egg, applesauce, milk, mashed sweet potato… ...
- In a smaller bowl, combine the wet ingredeints - egg, applesauce, milk, mashed sweet potato, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
Turkey With Cranberry Gravy | Backpacking Meals | Trail ...
Recipe From : trail.recipesFor mashed potatoes: Pour hot, boiling water into mashed potato mixture; stir until well combined and set aside. ... Show details