CRANBERRY APPLE SCONES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Whisk flour, muffin mix, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine apple and dried cranberries together in a bowl; mix into flour mixture.
- Beat half-and-half and egg together in a bowl until frothy; slowly stir into flour mixture using a rubber spatula until dough forms. Knead dough 4 to 5 times. Roll dough into a rectangle onto a lightly floured work surface using your hands. Cut rectangle in half diagonally and each half into 4 triangles, making 8 triangles. Arrange triangles on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk egg white and confectioners' sugar together in a bowl; brush over each triangle.
- Bake in the preheated oven until scones are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.8 calories, Carbohydrate 46.2 g, Cholesterol 52.5 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 319.9 mg, Sugar 17.6 g
EASY CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE
This bright pink applesauce is simple enough for a weeknight supper and festive enough for special occasions. It's a favorite with my family and friends and looks fabulous at a Christmas dinner! You can substitute Splenda® for the sugar.
Provided by Annette Zipple Walen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stir apples, cranberries, sugar, water, cinnamon, and salt together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until apples and cranberries are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir lemon juice into cranberry mixture.
- Mash cranberry mixture with a wooden spoon or fork to make a chunky sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119 calories, Carbohydrate 31.4 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 2.1 mg, Sugar 24.7 g
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 2/3 cup half-and-half until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently, 5 to 10 times. Pat into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges; place on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Brush tops with remaining tablespoon half-and-half; sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
CRANBERRY BUTTERMILK SCONES
In Bend, Oregon, Loraine Meyer bakes these light, fluffy scones that are loaded with dried cranberries and topped with cinnamon-sugar. "I take them to breakfast meetings, serve them at brunches, and share them with neighbors and friends," she says.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in the buttermilk just until combined. Fold in the cranberries and orange zest. , Turn onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Pat each half into a 6-in. circle. Cut each circle into six wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with milk. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over scones. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 422mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
WHOLE GRAIN CRANBERRY-APPLE SCONES
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl; whisk to blend. Using back of fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cranberries and apples and toss to distribute evenly. Whisk 1/2 cup buttermilk, juice concentrate, and egg to blend in small bowl. Gradually add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients, tossing until evenly moistened.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Gently knead 2 or 3 turns to bind. Divide dough in half. Pat out each half to 6-inch-diameter, 3/4-inch-thick round. Cut each round into 6 wedges. Arrange scones on prepared sheet, spacing at least 1 inch apart. Brush scones with buttermilk to glaze, then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake scones until puffed and brown and tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 22 minutes. Serve warm.
OATMEAL APPLE CRANBERRY SCONES
- Combine first seven ingredients (flour through cinnamon) in large bowl.
- Add ½ cups applesauce and butter; cut in with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cranberries and apple.
- In small bowl combine milk and ¼ cups honey; add to flour mixture and stir until dough forms ball.
- Knead dough 10-12 times on floured surface; pat into 8-inch circle and place on sprayed baking sheet.
- Use sharp knife to cut dough into 12 wedges, and separate wedges slightly.
- Combine remaining applesauce and honey, and brush over top of dough.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees, or until lightly browned; remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179, Fat 2.6, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 5.2, Sodium 228, Carbohydrate 36.2, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 13.2, Protein 3.5
Instead of the usual jellied cranberry sauce, I serve this refreshing alternative. It's not too sweet and not too sour...plus it's a snap to make.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add cranberries; cover and cook until apples are tender and berries pop, about 15 minutes. , Mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Stir in zest, ginger and cinnamon. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
ORANGE CRANBERRY SCONES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: dried cranberries, boiling water, all purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, Private Selection® Salted French Butter, large eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, orange zest, large egg, cream, powdered sugar, orange, orange juice
Provided by Tasty
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Rehydrate the cranberries by placing them in a small bowl and covering with boiling water. Let sit for at least 10 minutes, until plump, then drain and spread out on a paper towel to dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder. Use a pastry cutter (or your fingers) to incorporate the Private Selection® Salted French Butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gently fold in the cranberries.
- In a medium bowl or measuring cup, beat the eggs, then add the heavy cream, vanilla, and orange zest and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold with a spatula to combine; do not overmix.
- Place a sheet of parchment on your work surface and lightly dust with flour. Turn the dough out onto the floured parchment and pat into a circle about 7 inches in diameter. Lift the parchment paper onto a baking sheet and refrigerate the dough round uncovered for at least 20 minutes, up to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Use a floured bench scraper to cut the dough round into 8 wedges. Separate the wedges and carefully space evenly on the baking sheet.
- Make the egg wash: In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and cream. Brush each scone generously with the egg wash.
- Bake the scones for about 20 minutes, until they are puffed and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Make the orange drizzle: In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange zest, and orange juice until smooth. Either transfer to a piping bag and snip off the corner or use a spoon to drizzle the glaze back and forth over the scones.
CRANBERRY, APPLESAUCE SCONES
- Preheat oven to 425f.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients (dry ingredients).
- With a pastry blender or 2 knives cut in the butter until crumbles are the size of peas Add cranberries, mix well.
- In a small bowl combine:applesauce, yogurt& peel.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix gently, do not knead.
- Remove dough from bowl, divide into four parts and divide each quarter into 4 parts making 16 scones.
- Be as gentle as possible when forming sconePlace on a cookie sheet, do not let the scones touch Bake 18-25 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on a rack.
More about "cranberry applesauce scones recipes"
APPLESAUCE DROP SCONES - BAKING BITES
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY SCONES - INSPIRED TASTE
EASY HOMEMADE CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - KROLL'S KORNER
OATMEAL APPLE CRANBERRY SCONES (MOTTS) - BIGOVEN.COM
10 BEST CINNAMON APPLESAUCE SCONES RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRANBERRY APPLE SCONES - TREE TOP
FLUFFY & FRESH CRANBERRY SCONES RECIPE | CANADIAN …
CRANBERRY SCONES (VIDEO) - OLGA IN THE KITCHEN
CRANBERRY, APPLESAUCE SCONES - PLAIN.RECIPES
HEART SHAPED CRANBERRY SCONES RECIPE - JENNIFER MAUNE
BEST CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
APPLE CRANBERRY SCONES | BAKED BY RACHEL
CINNAMON GLAZED CRANBERRY APPLE SCONES | CAMP TOPISAW
APPLE CRANBERRY SCONES | TASTY SEASONS
APPLE CRANBERRY SCONES - EASY EGGLESS SCONES ... - TASHA'S ARTISAN …
APPLE CRANBERRY SCONES - THE ALMOND EATER
CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
APPLE-CRANBERRY SCONES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
WHOLE GRAIN CRANBERRY-APPLE SCONES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CRANBERRY OAT SCONES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
APPLESAUCE CRANBERRY BREAD RECIPE - GLUED TO MY CRAFTS
APPLESAUCE/BANANA NUT SCONES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES - THE SEASONED MOM
CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE IT IN 23 SIMPLE …
LIGHTENED UP CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES WITH APPLESAUCE
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CRANBERRY SCONES RECIPES
APPLE CRANBERRY SCONES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FRESH APPLE CINNAMON SCONES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
BAKERY STYLE CRANBERRY LEMON SCONES - TASTES OF HOMEMADE
CRANBERRY ORANGE CREAM SCONES - STEP BY STEP PHOTOS - BUDGET …
CRANBERRY APPLE SCONES - YUM TASTE
SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - JONESIN' FOR TASTE
CRANBERRY SCONES | RICARDO
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE - SLOW COOKER PERFECTION - KITCHEN DIVAS
You'll also love