Creamy Zucchini Crostini
CREAMY ZUCCHINI CROSTINI
this is a wonderful appetiser, originally from famous german chef tim mälzer. it is fresh and light with a lovely zucchini garlic onion taste. without the bread, the zucchini cream can also be used as a dip for many other uses. i hope you enjoy. :)
Time: 22 minutes
- heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet
- add the zucchini , onion and garlic
- sautee for about 5-7 minutes or until everything is tender and most liquid has evaporated
- remove from heat
- stir in cream cheese
- mash with a potato masher until creamy , but not totally smooth
- scoop the zucchini cream onto the baguette slices and top with shaved parmesan cheese
- serve and enjoy
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- olive oil
- garlic clove
- goat cheese
- parmesan cheese
Simple and delicious! I can't remember exactly which magazine I got this from--I've had the recipe for so long, but I think it was Parents, or Parenting.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by canarygirl
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Dry the bread in the oven for about 10 minutes, while you preheat it to 350º.
- Remove bread from oven.
- Halve garlic, and rub each half onto a slice of bread.
- Slice and chop zucchini and garlic (the same garlic that was used to rub bread), and steam for 15 minutes, or until very tender.
- Transfer to a bowl, and mash well.
- Add ricotta, salt and pepper, and mash well again.
- Spread over bread and bake 15 minutes.
- Note: A tasty variation is to add a bit of parmesan cheese to the mixture, maybe a bit of basil.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 6 slices day old French bread
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Makes about 20 crostini
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- In a large heavy skillet cook onion in oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring, until zucchini is barely tender. Add tomatoes and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Add wine and salt and pepper to taste and simmer until liquid is reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cool mixture.
- On a baking sheet toast bread in middle of oven until pale golden, about 4 minutes.
- Mound about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture on each toast and top with a half slice provolone. Bake crostini in middle of oven until cheese is melted and golden.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread about 3 1/2 inches in diameter, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 20)
- 10 thin slices provolone cheese (about 1/4 pound), halved
A creamy zucchini dish that also works great as a pasta sauce. It's a summer favorite!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Denyse
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in red onion, salt and pepper, and cook about 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir in zucchini, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in garlic and tomatoes. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir corn and cream into the mixture. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until thick and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup heavy cream
Here's a different treatment for zucchini that's a favorite in our home. Even though the creamy Parmesan sauce is homemade, the recipe's cooking time is short. -Marguerite Shaeffer, Sewell, New Jersey
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain; remove zucchini mixture with a slotted spoon and keep warm., In the same skillet, combine cream cheese and cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. , Return zucchini mixture to the pan. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and Swiss cheese.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 4 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Shredded Swiss cheese
Creamy baked zucchini.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Lala44621
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and scoop out seeds.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Spoon mixture into zucchini halves and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1 large zucchini, cut lengthwise then in half
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- paprika to taste
More recipes about creamy zucchini crostini recipes
Zucchini Crostini - The Dr. Oz Show
Recipe From : doctoroz.comDec 21, 2020 · With the zucchini lying flat on a cutting board, hold the stem end and use a julienne peeler to make lengthwise strips of zucchini. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat, add the zucchini strips and water, and sweat the zucchini … ...Show details
Fast Zucchini and Feta Crostini - TODAY
Recipe From : today.comJun 22, 2016 · Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add zucchini, garlic, chile flakes and lemon zest. Stir-fry over a medium heat until zucchini has softened … ...Show details
Creamy Zucchini Pasta | The Modern Proper
Recipe From : themodernproper.comSep 11, 2020 · Sauté the zucchini, shallots and, after a couple of minutes, the garlic. Pour in the heavy cream, basil leaves, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Bring the cream sauce to a very gentle simmer—you never want to boil cream… ...Show details
Creamy Zucchini and Corn - My Food and Family Recipes
Recipe From : myfoodandfamily.comHeat dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir 8 to 10 min. or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat. ...Show details
Creamed Zucchini with Garlic & Basil - Once Upon a Chef
Recipe From : onceuponachef.comMelt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shredded zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini is tender, about 6 minutes. Turn the heat down to low; add the heavy cream, salt, pepper and basil and simmer until the cream is absorbed. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. ...Show details
19 Gotta-Have Crostini Appetizers That Start with Your
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDec 12, 2020 · Sweet Pea Pesto Crostini I made a healthier spin on my favorite celebrity chef’s recipe by subbing in vegetable broth for some of the oil and going easy on the cheese. To top crostini, use this recipe for a pastelike pesto. For use on pasta, add … ...Show details
Zucchini Lemon Ricotta Crostini - Three Olives Branch
Recipe From : threeolivesbranch.comMay 22, 2019 · Make the cheese mixture by combining the ricotta, Parmesan, dried basil, salt, pepper, and juice of one lemon in a small bowl. Mix to combine and set aside. (If you want to … ...Show details
Best Creamy Zucchini Pasta - How To Make Creamy Zucchini Pasta
Recipe From : delish.comMay 03, 2021 · Add shallots and garlic, then season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until translucent, 4 minutes. Add zucchini and red pepper flakes, increase heat … ...Show details
Creamy Rotini with Zucchini, Tomato, and Red Pepper
Recipe From : finecooking.comJul 05, 2012 · Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, garlic, 2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are barely tender, about 7 minutes. Pour in the heavy cream and simmer until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 7 minutes. ...Show details
Zucchini Crostini - Rachael Ray In Season
Recipe From : rachaelraymag.comMay 21, 2015 · Brush zucchini and bread with oil; season. Grill over high, turning once, until charred in spots, about 5 minutes. Season ricotta. Top bread with ricotta, zucchini … ...Show details
Crostini and Bruschetta Appetizer Recipes | Martha Stewart
Recipe From : marthastewart.comFeb 19, 2021 · These quick and easy appetizer recipes make elevating a meal—even on weeknights—a breeze. All crostini and bruschetta recipes start with good bread. Slices of baguette, pumpernickel, or a rustic country bread are drizzled with olive oil and baked in the oven or grilled until they're golden brown on the outside but still soft on the inside. ...Show details
Zucchini and Smoked Trout Crostini Recipe | PC.ca
Recipe From : presidentschoice.caTop crostini with zucchini, cutting pieces to fit. Flake trout; place on top of zucchini. Step 4. Combine aioli, lemon rind and lemon juice in small bowl; dollop about 1/2 tsp (2 mL) on each crostini. Garnish with fresh chives and dill, if desired. ...Show details
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Recipes - Serious Eats
Recipe From : seriouseats.comZucchini-and-Corn Fritters With Herb Sour Cream Recipe Easy Sautéed Zucchini, Squash, and Tomatoes With Chilies and Herbs Recipe Sweet Corn and … ...Show details
Provolone and Zucchini Crostini Recipe | Boar's Head
Recipe From : boarshead.comIn a large skillet, cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add zucchini and garlic until zucchini is barely tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and thyme, cook for about two more minutes. Add wine, salt & pepper and simmer for about 4 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by at least half. ...Show details
Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Crostini Recipe - Food Fanatic
Recipe From : foodfanatic.comJul 04, 2016 · Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Crostini Recipe Brie Norris | Toaster Oven Love July 4, 2016 8:00 am Updated July 22, 2019 Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Crostini … ...Show details
Summer Veggie Crostini with Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes
Recipe From : toasterovenlove.comMar 02, 2020 · In a baking dish combine the zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, and remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir well to coat all of the vegetables with oil. Roast vegetables for 12 to 16 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until the zucchini has softened and most of the tomatoes are starting to burst open. ...Show details
Cream of Zucchini Soup - Skinnytaste
Recipe From : skinnytaste.comJun 30, 2014 · I made this today. I used your basic recipe and made a few addition/substitutions to make it more filling and higher protein. I used 3 cloves of garlic, added a carrot and some green pepper, added a drained can of navy beans, and used fat free Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. ...Show details
Creamy Lemon Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes – The Comfort
Recipe From : thecomfortofcooking.comSep 10, 2013 · In a large nonstick skillet set to medium heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add cream cheese and lemon juice, stirring until cream … ...Show details
No-Cook Summer Recipe: Crostini with Zucchini Squash and
Recipe From : thekitchn.comJul 11, 2012 · No-Cook Summer Recipe: Crostini with Zucchini Squash and Feta. by Nora Singley. ... green quality of zucchini and such creamy, briny cheese. In winter months, when seeds in the center are fully-developed and the thought of eating zucchini raw is as appealing as eating raw eggplant, I roast zucchini with olive oil until charred and sweet. ... ...Show details
10 Best Shrimp Crostini Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comMay 09, 2021 · The Best Shrimp Crostini Recipes on Yummly | Greek Shrimp Crostini, Greek Shrimp Crostini, Creamy Garlic Shrimp Crostini. ... large eggs, shrimp, zucchini, flour, onion, spinach, water, frozen seafood and 16 more. Fish Soup with Fennel, Leek … ...Show details
Zucchini Corn Crostini Appetizers (a hit at parties)
Recipe From : liveeatlearn.comAug 22, 2016 · In a small bowl, combine the other 2 Tbsp of olive oil with 1 clove of minced garlic. Brush onto the corn and planks of zucchini. On either a grill, a grill pan, or a saute pan, cook the corn and … ...Show details
Zucchini bites recipe with creamy garlic dip - Sugar Maple
Recipe From : sugarmaplefarmhouse.comAug 15, 2019 · Combine zucchini, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, chives, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in one bowl. ...Show details
Zucchini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting - Oh Sweet Basil
Recipe From : ohsweetbasil.comJun 22, 2018 · Zucchini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Mom’s Best Zucchini Muffins. For more zucchini recipes – try these zucchini muffins. These zucchini muffins are packed with flavor, super … ...Show details