CLASSIC CREAMY COLESLAW DRESSING
I use this on bagged broccoli slaw (2 lbs) and the ratio of slaw to dressing is perfect. I believe I got this from Martha Stewart's little food magazine a while back.
Provided by Melissa and her Pan
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate dressing, covered, until ready to use, or up to 2 days.
CLASSIC COLESLAW WITH CREAMY DRESSING
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a small bowl. Refrigerate dressing, covered, until ready to use, or up to 2 days.
- Put cabbage, carrots, and onion (if desired) in a large bowl. Pour in dressing, and toss thoroughly. Refrigerate, covered, until slaw begins to soften, 1 to 2 hours. If not using immediately, refrigerate, covered, up to 2 days. Just before serving, toss coleslaw again.
CREAMY COLE SLAW
Spiked with vinegar and spiced with mustard, Bobby Flay's Creamy Coleslaw recipe is the perfect picnic side from Boy Meets Grill on Food Network.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired.
SWEET, CREAMY COLESLAW
I never liked coleslaw until I tried my husband's great aunt's. Now I can't get enough of it! Great with BBQ pork sandwiches. You can also use a bag of slaw mix instead of shredding the cabbage and carrots yourself.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Shred cabbage and carrots into a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a separate bowl; blending well.
- Pour over shredded vegetables and stir to coat.
- Amounts of dressing ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste but always use the same amount of vinegar as sugar.
EASY COLESLAW DRESSING
A creamy coleslaw dressing that can be made with ingredients you already have! You can pour it immediately over a 14-ounce package of coleslaw mix or refrigerate until needed.
Provided by GarlicQueen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and salt together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
CREAMY COLESLAW DRESSING
Coleslaw is one of my all-time favorite foods if it has a nice, creamy dressing. After doing some research, making dozens of different dressings, and trying to find the flavor that I like, I came up with this dressing for coleslaw that became a hit. I'm always asked for this recipe. What surprised me was at a potluck when a culinary chef asked me for my recipe. He told me that it was one of the best he had ever tasted since he had left the southern part of the USA.
Provided by rlt11_NMC
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, sugar, milk, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and herb seasoning blend, celery seed, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
THE BEST CREAMY COLESLAW
We made our cool, crunchy slaw with just the right amount of tang from sour cream and vinegar. A bit of honey balances the acidity. This classic summer side dish would be welcome at any picnic or backyard BBQ.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Toss together the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey and celery salt in a medium bowl. Pour the dressing over the shredded vegetables and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper before serving.
CREAMY SPICED COLESLAW
A creamy coleslaw with lots of flavor. The seasonings complement each other and the cabbage. Sometimes I add fresh minced onion if I am in the mood to chop it up. My family and friends love this coleslaw especially with BBQ sandwiches and Italian dishes.
Provided by Wilemon
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, onion powder and cider vinegar. Toss coleslaw mix with dressing to coat. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
TRADITIONAL CREAMY COLESLAW
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish, onion powder, dry mustard, celery salt, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar. Fold coleslaw mix into dressing. Cover bowl and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
People also searched
More about "creamy coleslaw recipe with mayonnaise"
LIGHTLY CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE -A PERFECT MIX OF VINEGAR ...
2021-01-13 · Instructions In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, water, and sugar.
CREAMY SKINNY COLESLAW RECIPE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
Traditionally, coleslaw is mayo based, and it uses a lot of it. Shredded cabbage, carrots, onion, mayo, vinegar/lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper and ground celery seed are the usual ingredients in a coleslaw recipe. All of my regular, non-skinny coleslaw recipes use at least 1/2 cup of mayo…
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, celery seed, salt and pepper. Whisk until a dressing forms.
- Add coleslaw mix, red onion, and green onions. Toss to combine, making sure all the coleslaw is coated.
CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE | BROWN EYED BAKER
2021-05-13 · Instructions In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, and celery seed, if using. Add the coleslaw mix to the bowl and stir until it …
- Add the coleslaw mix to the bowl and stir until it is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
THE BEST BASIC CREAMY SOUTHERN COLESLAW EVER
2014-02-01 · Here’s a mayonnaise based creamy cole slaw that’s not too sweet and a few little tweaks to make it really special. Hash it and heap it on top of a pulled pork …
- Prep. First, read my article on The Science of Slawsome Slaw. Then decide how you want to cut the cabbage, carrot, and onion: Chopped, grated, or hashed and have at it. Set them aside. I prefer this recipe shredded or chopped.
- Whisk together the dressing in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot, and onion. Taste, adjust seasonings, and cover.
10 BEST CREAMY COLESLAW WITH MAYONNAISE RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-30 · Creamy Coleslaw Kitchen Sanctuary salt, mustard powder, white cabbage, sugar, white pepper, mayonnaise and 4 more Creamy Coleslaw Southern Home Express prepared mustard, sugar, shredded carrots, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and 2 more
See details »
CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE - THE DINNER BITE
2020-07-02 · Easy Creamy coleslaw recipe. Coleslaw whether homemade or shop bought is about one of the best sides to have at picnics, bbqs. To be honest, I am not a fan of shop bought ones, coleslaw is a simple salad that can be made with just 3 ingredients; cabbage, carrots and mayonnaise.
- To a bowl, add the mayonnaise, milk, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and whisk until fully combined and creamy. Set aside and make the salad.
- Add the shredded cabbage, carrot and onions to a large bowl and mix to combine. Pour the slaw dressing over the salad and give it a good mix. it is best you refrigerate the coleslaw for some few minutes before you serve. Place the salad in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and serve as when needed.
SUPER CREAMY COLESLAW | SIDE DISH OR SANDWICH TOPPING ...
Instructions Add the cabbage and carrots to a large bowl and toss together to combine. Mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper, dijon mustard, onion (if using) and sugar together in a small …
- Mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper, dijon mustard, onion (if using) and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrots, tossing as you go until all the vegetables are coated with the dressing. You might not use all of the dressing, so add about half to start and then add more as needed.
THE BEST CREAMY NO MAYO COLESLAW RECIPE - THE LIVE-IN KITCHEN
2018-06-22 · In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, milk, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the coleslaw mix to a large bowl and pour the sour cream mixture over …
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, milk, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the coleslaw mix to a large bowl and pour the sour cream mixture over the top. Stir to combine completely.
CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
2020-06-30 · This easy coleslaw recipe is great for just about any occasion – a weeknight dinner, a fourth of July cookout, or a fun picnic lunch. Like all my favorite summer recipes, it’s packed with colorful veggies, and a lightly creamy…
- Make the coleslaw dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, celery seeds, salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper.
- Make the coleslaw. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, and scallions. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, as desired.
PERFECT CREAMY COLESLAW - THE DARING GOURMET
2020-01-14 · And we’ve got the perfect creamy coleslaw recipe for you to try! This classic side dish is an American staple. It features crispy cabbage and carrots tossed in a tangy and seasoned mayonnaise …
- Place the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl and sprinkle a teaspoon of salt over them. Toss to combine. Let this sit for at least an hour to draw out excess water. Rinse and thoroughly drain (either use a salad spinner to spin dry it or lay it out on paper towels and blot dry.) Return the cabbage to the bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour it over the cabbage mixture and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
SOUTHERN COLESLAW RECIPE - WHISK IT REAL GUD (COLE SLAW)
2019-03-04 · Southern Coleslaw also known as Cole Slaw is a classic southern side the goes well with bbq. Shredded cabbage, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and sugar are just some of the slaw ingredients. Everybody loves how crunchy, creamy …
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, celery salt, and salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl with the coleslaw. Mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
CREAMY COLESLAW DRESSING RECIPE - SOUTHERN & HOMEMADE ...
2018-04-02 · Instructions In a medium bowl whisk together mayo, vinegar, and sugar. Whisk in spices and poppy seeds until everything is well combined. To make coleslaw, add this to a 16oz bag of pre …
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayo, vinegar, and sugar. Whisk in spices and poppy seeds until everything is well combined.
THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS | MOM ON TIMEOUT
2021-05-26 · Prepare Coleslaw Dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, freshly ground black pepper and celery seeds (if using). Pour the coleslaw …
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, freshly ground black pepper and celery seeds (if using).
EASY CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
2021-06-25 · The creamy coleslaw dressing in this recipe is incredibly easy to make and the flavors are fantastic. Using few ingredients, here is how you make it: Add some buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, and sugar to a bowl with mayonnaise…
- Dressing: Combine all the ingredients into a medium-size bowl and whisk together until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Vegetables: Combine everything together in a large bowl and coat the outside of the bowl with dressing and mix gently with tongs until completely combined. If you want to salt the cabbages and carrots, see above in the blog post for procedures.
QUICK AND EASY CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE
This easy coleslaw recipe uses a packaged shredded cabbage mixture for expedience but includes a homemade coleslaw dressing to impart a fresh and natural taste. The combination of mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, and celery seed creates a creamy coleslaw with a bit of sweetness and tang. Feel free to adjust the sugar to suit your taste. (A sugar substitute can be used to sweeten the dressing ...
CLASSIC COLESLAW RECIPE | HELLMANN'S US
Prep. mins. Cook. mins. Total time. mins. Spruce up your family picnic or BBQ with this Classic Coleslaw recipe. Made with our creamy real mayonnaise, your guests will love it!
CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE WITH MAYONNAISE
2021-05-26 · Prepare Coleslaw Dressing In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, freshly ground black pepper and celery seeds (if using). Pour the coleslaw dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss until combined. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to an hour before serving for best flavor.
See details »
NO-MAYONNAISE CREAMY COLESLAW - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
Whisk the yogourt, mustard, vinegar, oil, sugar, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until smooth. Combine the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat well. One serving is 3/4 cup.
See details »
CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE MAYONNAISE- TFRECIPES
Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey and celery salt in a medium bowl. Pour the dressing over the shredded vegetables and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper before serving.
See details »
COLESLAW WITH MAYO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Rating: 4.55 stars. 36. The combination of all of these fresh ingredients make this a simple and delicious alternative to your run-of-the-mill coleslaw. It pairs perfectly with beef or buffalo chicken. This can be served immediately, or it can be refrigerated and served within the next 2 to 3 days. By jodi.
See details »