basic baked fish. flounder works well in this recipe also.
Time: 28 minutes
- heat oven to 450 degrees
- mix cornmeal , breadcrumbs , paprika , garlic salt and pepper
- lightly brush dressing on all sides of fish
- coat fish with cornmeal mixture
- place fish on rack in broiler pan
- bake , uncovered , 15 to 18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- catfish fillet
- yellow cornmeal
- dry breadcrumbs
- garlic salt
- french dressing
"Grilling is my family's favorite way to fix meals," writes Rhonda Dietz from Garden City Kansas. "Because my husband savors well-prepared meals, this recipe quickly became one of his most requested."
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
- In a shallow dish, combine the first four ingredients. Pat fillets dry; dip in butter, then coat with crumb mixture. , Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 catfish fillets (about 8 ounces each)
Make and share this Crispy Catfish recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by mailbelle
Yield 4 serving(s)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush dressing on all sides of fish.
- Coat fish with cornmeal mixture.
- Place fish on rack in broiler pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup French dressing or 1/4 cup ranch dressing
BAKED CRISPY CATFISH
Make and share this Baked Crispy Catfish recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by michmalley
Yield 4 oz, 4 serving(s)
- . * Preheat oven to 425°F Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- * In a shallow soup bowl, combine cornmeal, paprika, thyme, salt, celery seeds, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Pour milk into another shallow soup bowl.
- * Dredge fillets first in milk and then in cornmeal mixture, coating both sides and pressing cornmeal mixture gently to adhere. Place coated fillets on baking sheet and lightly spray each with cooking spray.
- * Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let stand at room temperature 2 minutes before serving with asparagus and lemon wedges. Yields 1 fillet and 1/4 of asparagus per serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 lb catfish, fillet(s)
SOUTHERN FRIED CATFISH
Fried catfish is a Southern tradition, along with buttermilk hush puppies and buttermilk coleslaw. Try these traditional foods together.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Mama Smith
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, water, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into a flat pan large enough to hold the fillets. Spread fish in one layer over bottom of pan, turning to coat each side, and set aside to marinate.
- In a 2 gallon resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, flour, and seafood seasoning. Add fish to mixture, a few fillets at a time, and tumble gently to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Deep fry fillets until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Avoid overcrowding so fillets have room to brown properly. Fish should be slightly crisp outside, and moist and flaky inside. Drain on paper towels.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut in strips
- 1 ½ cups fine cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay™
- 1 quart vegetable oil for deep frying
You'll also love
More recipes about crispy catfish recipes
Crispy Fried Catfish | Southern Kitchen
Recipe From : southernkitchen.comThoroughly coat the catfish on all sides, tap off the excess flour and transfer to a plate. Fry the catfish, 2 to 3 fillets at a time, in the hot oil until the fish has cooked through and the breading is crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, season with salt and repeat with the remaining catfish. ...
Crispy Baked Catfish Recipe | EatingWell
Recipe From : eatingwell.com2020-12-01 · Pat fillets dry with a paper towel and sprinkle evenly with salt. Working with 1 fillet at a time, dip in the egg to coat, letting excess egg drip back into the dish. Then … ...
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and top with a wire rack. Coat the rack with cooking spray.
- Stir cornmeal, flour and Cajun-Creole seasoning blend together in a large shallow dish. Whisk egg in a separate shallow dish.
- Pat fillets dry with a paper towel and sprinkle evenly with salt. Working with 1 fillet at a time, dip in the egg to coat, letting excess egg drip back into the dish. Then dredge in the cornmeal mixture, turning to coat both sides. Transfer to the prepared rack on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining fillets. Coat the tops of the fillets with cooking spray.
- Bake until crispy and golden, 15 to 20 minutes, turning the fillets over and coating with cooking spray halfway through. If desired, serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Crispy Baked Catfish Recipe - BettyCrocker.com
Recipe From : bettycrocker.com2010-10-07 · Then check out this crispy and baked catfish recipe – a delicious dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes! By Betty Crocker Kitchens. Updated October 7, 2010 Ingredients. 1 pound catfish… ...
Crispy Southern Fried Catfish - The Seasoned Mom
Recipe From : theseasonedmom.com2018-02-21 · Soak the catfish in the milk. Simply dip the fish in the milk to get it wet, and then shake off any excess. Transfer the soaked fish to the cormeal mixture and gently roll to coat the fillets on all sides. Brown the fish in a hot skillet with oil and butter until crispy … ...
15 Catfish Recipes That Will Make You a Believer | Taste ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com... Show details
Seared Catfish Creole Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2018-03-21 · Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Pat the catfish dry, and spread a layer of mustard over the surface. Place the cracked pepper onto a plate, and press the coated catfish … ...
- Pat the catfish dry, and spread a layer of mustard over the surface. Place the cracked pepper onto a plate, and press the coated catfish into the pepper so it is well covered.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the catfish for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes with a fork.
Best Baked Catfish Recipe - How to Make Baked Catfish
Recipe From : delish.com2019-03-02 · Preheat oven to 425° and drizzle 2 tablespoons oil on a large baking sheet. On a large plate, combine cornmeal and Cajun seasoning. Season catfish with salt and pepper, then dredge fish … ...
Deep South Dish: Crispy Pan-Fried Catfish
Recipe From : deepsouthdish.com2016-03-11 · Dredge catfish in the flour mixture, then the eggs and last the crumbs; transfer to a plate. Fry, in batches if necessary, 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on … ...
How to Bake Crispy Catfish Filets - HubPages
Recipe From : discover.hubpages.com2011-09-05 · Instructions for Crispy Catfish Place the Crackers, Cheese and Parsley into a blender and mix until everything is finely ground. Mix the melted Butter, Salt, Pepper and Egg together in a bowl. Pour the Cracker mixture into a large flat pan or bowl. ...
Crispy Baked Catfish with Homemade Healthy Tartar Sauce
Recipe From : ourfarmerhouse.com2020-12-22 · Recipes Similar to Crispy Baked Catfish: Healthy Baked Onion Rings. Easy Homemade Italian Croutons. Healthy Baked Mozzarella Sticks. Healthy Baked Broccoli Tots. Why Is Catfish … ...
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the foil. Coat the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
Crispy Air Fryer Catfish - A Peachy Plate
Recipe From : apeachyplate.com2020-09-10 · Air fried catfish keeps well overnight in an airtight container. To heat up, preheat the air fryer to 400 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and air fry for 5-6 minutes. You’ll achieve a crispy crust! I found that … ...
- In a large shallow container, combine milk and lemon (or buttermilk). Add catfish fillets making sure it is submerged in the milk mixture. Let it soak for 5 minutes.
- When fish is done soaking, shake off excess milk coating then season each side evenly with cajun seasoning.
- Dredge each fillet into the cornmeal mixture, making sure to coat each side evenly. Place coated fillets on a plate and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish Recipe - BettyCrocker.com
Recipe From : bettycrocker.com2010-08-26 · Mix cornmeal, bread crumbs, chili powder, paprika, garlic salt and pepper. 2 Remove and discard skin from fish. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces. ...
Jack's Fried Catfish Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2004-06-14 · Catfish were readily abundant in the Antebellum South and, due to their status as "bottom feeders," weren't deemed the most stylish dinner staples. Once the South's seafood secret, mild-flavored catfish has gained popularity nation-wide. Simply soak the catfish in milk for an hour before frying to eliminate any leftover fishy taste. The cornmeal crust creates a perfect light and crispy … ...
- Remove catfish fillets from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Remove from milk, allowing excess to drip off. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon salt.
Air Fried Catfish - Air Fryer Recipe for Catfish or Seafood
Recipe From : tablefortwoblog.com2021-03-11 · In a bowl, combine the panko, cornmeal, seasoning salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika and parsley. Place in a shallow, wide dish for dipping. Remove the catfish from the milk and place on … ...
- Mix the milk and lemon juice and let sit for 1 minute. Pour into a flat container and add the catfish, turn to coat. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the panko, cornmeal, seasoning salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika and parsley. Place in a shallow, wide dish for dipping.
- Place the fish, mustard side down in the panko. Brush the other side, then flip it over, pressing gently to help the panko adhere to the fish.
Air Fryer Catfish | EasyHealth Living
Recipe From : easyhealthllc.com2020-12-19 · Preheat air fryer at 370° for 4 minutes. (Refer to the owners manual of your air fryer for specific details regarding cooking fish.) Combine fish, milk and hot sauce in a medium bowl and allow … ...
- Preheat air fryer at 370° for 4 minutes. (Refer to the owners manual of your air fryer for specific details regarding cooking fish.)
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large ziplock bag. One at a time, shake filets in bag to coat fish completely.
Crunchy Catfish Sandwich Recipe | Sunny Anderson | Food ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2015-05-30 · Heat the oil to 375 degrees F. In a wide-mouth bowl, whisk the eggs with the hot sauce, seafood seasoning and a pinch of salt. In a small paper bag, mix … ...
- To make the Spicy Tartar Sauce: Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a deep 12-inch pan set over medium-high heat, add enough oil so it comes 1/3 of the way up the sides. Heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a wide-mouth bowl, whisk the eggs with the hot sauce, seafood seasoning and a pinch of salt. In a small paper bag, mix together the cornmeal, flour, cornstarch, and salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge the catfish in egg mixture, then in the flour mixture. Gently shake off excess flour. Set aside and repeat with remaining flounder. Fry the fish in batches until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes each side, being careful to keep the temperature at 375 degrees F. Remove catfish to a paper towel to drain and immediately season with salt.
Tim's Kitchen Recipe: Crispy Catfish Nuggets with ...
Recipe From : gobeyondhunger.orgHere we have a New Orleans style remoulade dipping sauce paired perfectly with catfish nuggets. Try this sauce with crispy potatoes or shrimp; it will surely elevate any appetizer dish to the level of a fancy restaurant! This recipes makes 4 servings of catfish and 8 servings of sauce. ... Show details
Southern Fried Catfish Recipe | Alton Brown | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com...
Oven Crispy Catfish - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2016-10-06 · Marinate the catfish fillets in milk with a little lemon juice. Preheat oven to 375°F. Use a T-Fal or Pyrex baking dish or any kind of pan lined with aluminum foil (dull side up) and sprayed with Pam. Put the crumbs and spices together. Drain catfish and toss one at a time with crumbs. After coating all the fillets, the remaining crumbs can be sprinkled on top of coated fillets and pressed ... ... Show details
Fried Catfish Recipe - Simply Recipes
Recipe From : simplyrecipes.com2021-02-05 · Once the oil is hot, sprinkle the catfish fillets with salt and dredge them into the breading. Shake off the excess and gently lay into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes, depending on how thick the fillet is. Use a metal spatula and gently … ... Show details
Vietnamese Crispy Skin Catfish Recipe - KT Foody
Recipe From : ktfoody.com2019-02-14 · This crispy skin catfish recipe is one of my most favorite fish dish. It took me so many tries to finally get the desirable level of crispiness on the skin, but don’t … ...
Spicy Oven Fried Catfish (With How To Video) - Grandbaby Cakes
Recipe From : grandbaby-cakes.com2015-03-06 · Instructions Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper liberally sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray. In a brown bag or ziploc bag, add cornmeal, flour, salt, … ...
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper liberally sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray.
- In a brown bag or ziploc bag, add cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon pepper, and paprika and shake together.
- Add each fillet to the bag of cornmeal breading to coat then dip into beaten eggs on both sides, then lastly add back into the cornmeal breading and shake liberally to coat well. Place the fillet on the coated baking sheet. Repeat with each fillet.
Crispy Oven-Fried Catfish Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2010-06-17 · Cornflakes are the secret to a crisp baked coating. Serve with sautéed mixed veggies, such as squash, zucchini, and carrots, and a green salad. Test Kitchen secret: For an extra … ...
- Place buttermilk in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add catfish, turning to coat. Seal and chill 20 minutes, turning once.