Crock Pot Potato Soup
CROCK POT POTATO SOUP
this is a very tasty potato soup recipe adapted from one that appeared in midwest living.
Time: 330 minutes
- stir together the potatoes , onion and bacon in the crock pot
- in a large mixing bowl , combine the cream cheese , chicken broth , cream of chicken soup , water , milk and pepper
- add the mixture to the crock
- cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours
- before serving , put some of the mixture into the blender , and mix back in to thicken the soup
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- cream cheese
- chicken broth
- cream of chicken soup
SLOW COOKER CREAMY POTATO SOUP
This is a very rich and creamy soup. A great family favorite. It may be cooked on the stove or in a slow cooker. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by ROZANRENEE
- Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. Drain off excess grease.
- Transfer the bacon and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and half-and-half. Stir into the soup along with the evaporated milk. Cover, and cook another 30 minutes before serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 5 large potatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
bacon weeknight time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation north-american bisques-cream-soups soups-stews eggs-dairy pork potatoes vegetables cheese crock-pot-slow-cooker dietary low-calorie low-carb low-in-something meat onions equipment
You'll also love
More recipes about crock pot potato soup recipes
10 Best Simple Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-11 · Crock Pot Potato Soup Food.com milk, water, salt, chicken stock cubes, potatoes, butter, onion and 2 more Crock-Pot Potato Soup Food.com bacon bits, chopped onion, celery, water, potatoes, cream of chicken soup and 4 more ... Show details
Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comPlace the potatoes, onion, butter, chicken bouillon cubes, parsley and water into a slow cooker. Set on low and let cook for 6 to 8 hours. Step 2 At least half an hour before serving, stir together the milk and flour until no lumps remain, and mix into the soup. ... Show details
Best Crock-Pot Potato Soup Recipe - How To Make Crock-Pot ...
Recipe From : delish.com2020-08-25 · In a bowl of a Crock-Pot, combine potatoes, bacon, chicken broth, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 4 to 6 … ...
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 4 to 6 hours on low or 2 to 3 hours on high.
How to Make Easy Crock-Pot Potato Soup | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com2020-03-16 · For this recipe, start by combining the broth, potatoes, onion, garlic and pepper in a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until the vegetables are tender. This should take about 6-8 hours. While you’re waiting, check out more dump and go recipes. ...
The Best Crock-Pot Potato Soup — A Classic Recipe Made Easy!
Recipe From : letslassothemoon.com2020-03-23 · Dice the red potatoes, the red or yellow onion, and the celery. Dice the green onion bulbs, then dice the green onion tops and reserve the green garnish for later. Add the potatoes to your slow cooker … ...
Crock Pot Potato Soup - Recipes That Crock!
Recipe From : recipesthatcrock.com2015-01-02 · Slowly whisk in 1 cup of chicken broth, scraping up any brown bits from skillet, then transfer to slow cooker. Stir in remaining broth and potatoes into slow cooker. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender (4-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high) Using potato masher or mix-n-chop, mash potatoes … ...
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup of chicken broth, scraping up any brown bits from skillet, then transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining broth and potatoes into slow cooker. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender (4-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high)
Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup - Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup
Recipe From : eatingonadime.com2018-10-08 · Add the potatoes, diced onions, chicken broth, seasonings, and butter to your slow cooker. Cook on low 4 to 6 hours, or on high 3-4 hours – until potatoes are … ...
Crock Pot - Style Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : food.com... Show details
Best Slow-Cooker Soups: 100 Easy Recipes for Your Crock-Pot
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com... Show details
35 Best Crock Pot & Slow Cooker Potato Recipes - How Long ...
Recipe From : parade.com2021-02-04 · These 35 best Crock Pot potato recipes would be perfect with chicken, steak, or pork; and there are some terrific soups for that soup and sandwich night your … ...
Paula Deen's Crockpot Potato Soup - Insanely Good Recipes
Recipe From : insanelygoodrecipes.com2020-12-31 · Place the frozen hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chopped onions, and ground black pepper in a crockpot. Cover the pot and turn the heat on low. Cook for 5 hours. Add 8 oz (1 package) of softened cream cheese. ...
Our FAVORITE Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe - so creamy!
Recipe From : bunsinmyoven.com2018-08-15 · Add the onion and garlic to the skillet with the bacon and cook until onion has softened and garlic is fragrant. Add the bacon, onion, and garlic to a 6 quart slow cooker with the chicken broth and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for … ...
Crockpot Potato Soup - The Salty Marshmallow
Recipe From : thesaltymarshmallow.com2018-11-19 · Wash and peel the potatoes, then dice them into ½ inch chunks. Place the diced potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, … ...
- Place the diced potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and butter.
Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe | Healthy Potato Soup in the ...
Recipe From : wellplated.com2020-10-21 · Sauté the onion in butter, then add it to the slow cooker. Add the carrots, potatoes, spices, and chicken broth. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Whisk together the milk … ...
- Lightly coat a 6-quart or larger slow cooker with nonstick spray. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently and adjusting the heat so that the onion does not crisp or turn dark brown. Add to the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add the carrots, potatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, cayenne, and 3 cups chicken broth. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours, until the potatoes and carrots are completely tender.
- While the vegetables cook, in a medium bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk and cornstarch until no lumps remain. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the cornstarch/milk mixture. Continue cooking for 30 additional minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the shredded cheddar and Greek yogurt. With a potato masher or large spoon, mash half of the potatoes directly in the slow cooker. The soup will continue to thicken as it cools. If you would like the soup to be thinner, add the remaining 1 cup chicken broth until you reach your desired consistency (warm up the broth first). Stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, topped with bacon, chives, and additional cheese/Greek yogurt as desired.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup | Gimme Some Oven
Recipe From : gimmesomeoven.com...
Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup · Easy Family Recipes
Recipe From : easyfamilyrecipes.com2018-02-25 · Instructions Chop the potatoes into 2 in chunks and roughly chop the onion. Add the potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, salt, and pepper to the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Once it is done cooking open the lid and … ... Show details
Nikki's Creamy Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-04-02 · Stir in the hot cooked potatoes, crumbled bacon, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, parsley, red pepper flakes, celery salt, and … ...
- Place the cut-up potatoes in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on High for about 8 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked and steaming hot.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place the butter in the preheated slow cooker, and cook and stir the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, until the onions turn golden. Stir in 1/2 cup of milk, and whisk in the flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in the remaining 3 cups of milk, and let the mixture come to a simmer in the slow cooker. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the soup begins to thicken.
- Stir in the hot cooked potatoes, crumbled bacon, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, parsley, red pepper flakes, celery salt, and dried basil. Stir to mix the soup well, reduce the slow cooker setting to Low, cover, and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
10 Best Creamy Potato Soup Crock Pot Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-13 · Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup Raising Whasians low sodium chicken broth, celery, minced garlic, flour, carrots and 5 more Frozen Hashbrown Creamy Potato Soup (crockpot or range) The Everyday Home sour cream, crumbled bacon, pepper, cream … ... Show details
Crock Pot Potato Soup - The Seasoned Mom
Recipe From : theseasonedmom.com2019-10-21 · Place potatoes in bottom of a slow cooker. Top with onion, garlic, chicken broth, condensed soup and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are very tender. Use an immersion blender (or a regular blender or food processor) to puree soup until smooth. ...
Crockpot Potato Soup - Using Real Potatoes Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : food.com2016-11-07 · An easy potato soup recipe to put into the Crockpot with no cream of something soup and uses real vegetables (no hashbrowns). This can easily be made vegetarian if you swap out the chicken for vegetable broth. You can also use full fat or fat free cream cheese - both work out well. This soup … ...
- Combine broth, potatoes, onion, celery, carrots and spices in a Crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours, low for 8 hours.
- Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about a minute to melt. Pull out about 2 cups of potatoes and broth and use an immersion blender to mix the soup into the cream cheese easier.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, then pull out some potatoes and broth and mash it with a potato masher or fork until the cream cheese has thinned out.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture back into the soup, and allow the soup to cook on low for about 30 – 45 minutes or until the cream cheese melts into the soup, stirring occasionally. At first the soup will look cloudy on top, but it will melt into the soup to make it creamy. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe - Simple Joy
Recipe From : simplejoy.com2019-02-25 · Instructions. In a large slow cooker combine the potatoes, onion, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. When there is only 15 minutes left of cooking time, remove 2 cups of the cooking liquid from the crock pot. In a small stock pot … ... Show details
Slow Cooker Busy Day Potato Soup - Barefeet in the Kitchen
Recipe From : barefeetinthekitchen.com2016-12-26 · Instructions Turn the crock-pot onto HIGH or LOW and place the potatoes, onion, garlic, spices and stock in the pot. Stir to combine and cover with a lid. On HIGH, it should take between 3-4 … ...
- Turn the crock-pot onto HIGH or LOW and place the potatoes, onion, garlic, spices and stock in the pot. Stir to combine and cover with a lid. On HIGH, it should take between 3-4 hours for the potatoes to soften, on LOW, it should take from 8-10 hours.
- When the potatoes are just barely soft enough to slide off of a fork, scoop out about 1/2 cup of the broth and set aside. Mash the cooked potatoes gently, just to break up the bigger pieces and slightly thicken the soup. Whisk 1/4 cup of flour into the reserved broth until it is smooth. Stir in 1 cup of half and half (or heavy cream, if you have it) and whisk again for a moment until it is smooth again. Pour this into the crock-pot and reduce the heat to LOW. Let it cook at least an hour, stirring once or twice.
- I've also let this soup cook up to an additional 2 hours (provided it is on LOW after adding the cream) and then unplugged the crockpot and uncovered it and waited as much as another hour to serve it. This is a very flexible soup and it holds quite well until you are ready to serve it.
- When the soup has thickened and is warm throughout it is ready. If desired, serve with the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe - Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Recipe From : dearcrissy.com...
Potato Leek Soup - Easy Slow Cooker Recipe | Kitchn
Recipe From : thekitchn.com2020-02-03 · Instructions. Place the potatoes, leeks, broth, butter, salt, thyme, and pepper in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on the LOW setting until potatoes are very tender, about 8 hours. Blend the soup … ...
Crock Pot Potato Bacon Soup - Recipes That Crock!
Recipe From : recipesthatcrock.com2014-01-02 · Crock Pot Potato Bacon Soup Recipe. Crock Pot Potato Bacon Soup. This Crock Pot Potato Bacon Soup is an easy comforting potato soup that you can make in your slow cooker. No ratings yet. Print Pin. Course: Soup. Cuisine: American. Keyword: Crock Pot Potato Bacon Soup. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 8 hours. Servings: 10. Calories: 309 kcal. Author: Aunt Lou. … ... Show details
Crock Pot Potato Soup | Tasty Kitchen: A Happy Recipe ...
Recipe From : tastykitchen.comIn a crock pot, combine onion, potatoes, seasoned salt, stock and garlic cloves. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove the whole garlic cloves along with 1/3-1/2 of the soup and blend/puree. Return to the crock pot with the rest of the soup and stir in the cream cheese. ... Show details
Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe - The Girl Who Ate Everything
Recipe From : the-girl-who-ate-everything.com2020-10-26 · Crockpot Potato Soup couldn’t be any easier and is great comfort food. It’s cooked all day in the slow cooker and is great for a cold day. Top with bacon, cheese, and green onions for the ultimate potato soup. This soup is versatile – add broccoli or ham to give it a twist. This will become your go-to crockpot potato soup recipe. ...
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. If your potatoes are still in big chunks you need to cook it longer. They will start falling apart when it's ready.
- Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally, until combined.