Crunchy Lentil Walnut Salad
CRUNCHY LENTIL WALNUT SALAD
this is a copycat of the fabulous lentil walnut salad from the kebab shop in california. you want to make sure not to overcook the lentils...they should have a little bite to stand up to the crunchiness of the walnuts. unlimited modifications could be made with additions, subtractions and/or tweaks... pine nuts instead of walnuts, add goat cheese or feta, add crunchy carrots too? enjoy!
Time: 40 minutes
- rinse the lentils and put them in a saucepan with plenty of lightly salted water and the bay leaf
- bring to a boil , decrease the heat to a simmer , and cook for about 20 - 25 minutes , until the lentils are tender but still have a good crunch / bite to them
- be careful to not overcook them
- while the lentils are cooking , make the dressing
- mix the vinegar , mustard , oil , garlic , salt and pepper to taste
- adjust the dressing as you like to your taste preferences
- drain the lentils well and mix them into the dressing while still warm , stirring to cook the lentils
- remove the bay leaf and let cool to room temperature , stirring occasionally
- add in the walnuts and green onion
- taste , and add additional salt , if desired
- i serve the salad at room temperature or warm
- the salad can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated
- let it come to room temperature before serving
- it may need to be re-seasoned once refrigerated
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- bay leaf
- green onions
- rice wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- garlic clove
- salt and pepper
CRUNCHY SPROUTED LENTIL WALNUT SALAD (RAW / LIVE FOOD)
It was a classic case of too much month left at the end of my money and I was in a pinch for what to serve for dinner. These are all things we had on hand and the assembly was super quick (I like that!) and the family loved it (I like that even better!) If you've not sprouted lentils before, it couldn't be easier, but it does take a 2-3 day lead time. See Sharon123's recipe #204489 for instructions and tips. Thanks again Sharon for the inspiration to sprout!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Glori-B
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
- Place sprouted lentils in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a food processor, chop walnuts very small, but do not reduce to a powder. If chopping by hand, you want the walnut pieces to be similar in size to the lentils. Put walnuts in with lentils.
- In a food processor, chop the carrots. If processing by hand, you can also shred on a box grater. Put carrots in with lentils and walnuts.
- Next comes the spinach. Either pulse in food processor or mince with a knife. Put in with carrots, lentils and walnuts. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- For the dressing, shake all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid until thoroughly mixed or use the bowl and whisk method. (if using the mayo, the bowl and whisk is much better suited).
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients and combine until thoroughly mixed. We wanted just a little dressing to give a "pop" of flavor. If you like more dressing on your salads, feel free to double the dressing amount. (When we make this with the mayo, we then use this as a sandwich filling).
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 2 cups sprouted lentils
- 2 cups walnuts (organic and raw for maximum nutrition)
- 2 large carrots
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, packed (or kale or a combo of the two)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (OR for variation, 1/2 c mayo)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
This is a healthy, nutty lentil salad with great flavor and an appealing crunch from the walnuts and green onions. Keep it vegetarian by using vegetable broth if you wish. It's one of my favorites, and tastes best at room temperature.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by EdsGirlAngie
Yield 4 serving(s)
- Cook lentils with onion half, cloves, broth and thyme until tender but NOT mushy (check after about 25 minutes).
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, green onions and oils.
- When lentils are done, drain and immediately pour dressing over the hot lentils (it's important to do this while lentils are hot).
- Season with salt and (lots) of black pepper; combine thoroughly, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving add the walnuts; finish by adding a little more white wine vinegar or walnut oil if you like and garnish with flat-leaf parsley and more black pepper.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1/2 large onion, quartered
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
LENTIL SALAD WITH WALNUT OIL
This dish is inspired by a recipe from "The Paris Cookbook," by Patricia Wells. I'd never thought about using walnut oil, which is high in omega-3 fats, with lentils. It's a great combination. Be sure to keep walnut oil in the refrigerator once it's opened.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves six
- Combine the lentils, garlic, bay leaf, onion, carrot and water in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Add salt to taste (1 to 2 teaspoons), reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer 35 to 45 minutes until the lentils are tender. Remove from the heat. and discard the onion, carrot, garlic cloves and bay leaf. Drain through a strainer set over a bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and shallot or garlic. Whisk in the oil and 2 to 4 tablespoons of the liquid from the lentils. Stir into the lentils. Add the parsley and pepper, and taste and adjust salt. Spoon onto plates, arrange walnuts on top of the lentils, and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 17
- 2 cups green Le Puy lentils, washed and picked over
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, cut in half
- 1 medium carrot, quartered
- 6 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced, or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- freshly ground pepper
CRUNCHY WALNUT SALAD
"This salad is crunchy, sweet, tart and so tasty! I make it at least twice a week." Apples, nuts and dried cherries give it special appeal. Barbara Discenza - Auburn, GA
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, apple, walnuts and cherries. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with cheese.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2/3 cup chopped tart apple
- 2/3 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup prepared raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
FETA-CRANBERRY LENTIL SALAD
An unusual combination of ingredients gives this salad its flavor. Sweet-tart cranberries are mixed with a tang of feta cheese to make it surprisingly tasty. -Alison Halasz, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
- In a small saucepan, combine the lentils, water and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and discard bay leaves. Rinse lentils in cold water. , In a large bowl, combine the lentils, cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over lentil mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
More recipes about crunchy lentil walnut salad recipes
Recipe: Crunchy Bistro Lentil Salad – Health Essentials
Recipe From : health.clevelandclinic.orgSep 02, 2020 · Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Add the lentils and toss again. Season to taste with salt, if using, and pepper. Just before serving, stir in … ...Show details
Sweet & Crunchy Lentil Salad – Lentils.org
Recipe From : lentils.orgJul 14, 2020 · 3 cups (750 mL) whole red lentils, cooked and shocked . 2 cups (500 mL) red seedless grapes, cut in half . 2 cups (500 mL) lacinado kale, julienned . 2 cups (500 mL) radishes, cleaned and quartered . 1 cup (250 mL) walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped . 1 ½ cups (375 mL) green goddess dressing ...Show details
Crunchy Roasted Lentils Recipe - Jerry James Stone
Recipe From : jerryjamesstone.comJan 02, 2019 · These crunchy roasted lentils are a great salad or soup topper or just a wonderful healthy snack! In this video I show you an easy recipe to make them. It is so simple and so delicious. ...Show details
Curried Lentil Salad - California Walnuts
Recipe From : walnuts.orgTo assemble the salad, toss the warm lentils with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Add the carrot, green onion, mint, cilantro, raisins, walnuts and the … ...Show details
How to Make Crispy Lentils for Topping Salads, Grain Bowls
Recipe From : epicurious.comCrispy lentils added tons of interest to the roasted squash I mentioned, but they're equally good tossed on a salad, grain bowl, or yogurt bowl, or sprinkled on avocado toast—really, if there's ... ...Show details
FOOD FOR NEW PARENTS : CRUNCHY LUNCHY LENTILS — …
Recipe From : sproutedkitchen.comSep 14, 2020 · Add the cooled lentils, all your chopped vegetables, walnuts and herbs. Toss to coat. Chill in the fridge for an hour if possible for flavors to marry. Not imperative if you don’t have the time. Serve the lentils over some tender greens with a sprinkle of goat, parm or feta cheese. ...Show details
Lentil salad recipes - BBC Good Food - 2
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comFennel, cherry & goat’s cheese salad with lentils 4 ratings 5.0 out of 5 star rating This seasonal salad is packed with contrasting flavours and textures such as crunchy walnuts, hearty Puy lentils … ...Show details
Crunchy Popped Lentils - the Perfect Salad Topper! - 80
Recipe From : 80twentynutrition.comAug 14, 2017 · This recipe is a super easy way to make one of the healthiest foods out there taste even better. Make these Crunchy Popped Lentils on the stovetop as part of your meal prep routine and you’ll always have a plant-based protein to add to your meals and snacks. That’s what I love about these crunchy popped lentils – they’re super versatile. ...Show details
French Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts | The
Recipe From : splendidtable.orgJun 30, 2014 · French Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts Salade de Lentilles au Chèvre et Aux Noix Some people only know lentils as brownish-gray disks that got boiled to a mush in those soups everyone ate during the hippy-dippy 1970s. ...Show details
Apple Celery Lentil Salad with Walnuts | Recipe | Elle
Recipe From : ellerepublic.deSep 22, 2016 · Place the lentils in a large saucepan, cover with plenty of water and bring to a boil (generally, lentils should be cooked at a 1:3 ratio, lentils to water). Simmer over medium heat for 30 … ...Show details
Warm Lentil Walnut Apple Salad [Vegan] - One Green Planet
Recipe From : onegreenplanet.orgCombine lentils with just under 1 1/2 cups water in a medium pot, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20-25 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Set... ...Show details
Lentil and Walnut Salad | a new green leaf
Recipe From : anewgreenleaf.comAug 07, 2017 · Lentil and Walnut Salad. Serves 4. 1 cup french style lentils (uncooked) 1/2 small red onion (diced) 1/3 cup walnuts (roughly chopped) A good handful of flat leaf parsley (roughly chopped) For the dressing: 2 tbs olive oil. 1 tbs red wine vinegar. salt and pepper to taste. Method: First put your lentils on to cook. ...Show details
Crunchy walnut salad recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comCrunchy walnut salad recipe. Learn how to cook great Crunchy walnut salad . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Crunchy walnut salad recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Crunchy walnut salad recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! ...Show details
Crunchy Lentil Salad Recipe | Group Recipes
Recipe From : grouprecipes.comOur most trusted Crunchy Lentil Salad recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. ...Show details
Quinoa Lentils Walnuts Salad - The Bossy Kitchen
Recipe From : thebossykitchen.comOct 03, 2018 · Quinoa Lentils Walnuts Salad is a wonderful vegetarian recipe that is very easy to put together. The lemon juice and the ginger powder bring flavor to the recipe, while walnuts and celery add crunchiness.Delicious and healthy. ...Show details
French Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts From 'My
Recipe From : seriouseats.comApr 17, 2014 · Made with sturdy lentils du Puy and a simple Dijon vinaigrette, David Lebovitz's lentil salad doesn't stray far from expected flavors. But each bite sings in … ...Show details
Lentil Walnut Vegan Taco Salad in a Crispy Tortilla Bowl
Recipe From : pinterest.comAug 27, 2018 - A spicy mix of lentils and walnuts is served up over greens in a crispy tortilla bowl to make this scrumptious vegan taco salad! ...Show details