CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS
Perfect atop a salad or simply as a nutritious snack, crispy roasted chickpeas are tossed in ranch-style seasonings for fun flavor.
Provided by Kim Lee
Categories Snack, Side
Yield about 5 cups of crispy chickpeas
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Spread dried chickpeas on a baking sheet. Begin roasting them in a cold oven and heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- After 15 minutes, remove baking sheet and spray chickpeas lightly with an olive oil cooking spray or mister. Next, add ranch seasoning or another favorite seasoning. Gently shake or stir chickpeas around, so they are evenly coated with oil and seasoning. Put them back in the oven for about 15- 20 minutes more.
- Last, but definitely not least- turn the oven off, but leave chickpeas in until oven has completely cooled. You can leave the oven door open for quicker cooling.
CRISPY CHICKPEAS RECIPE
Crispy spiced chickpeas are a quick, easy, healthy snack, and they taste great with a beer or a cocktail.
Provided by Leah Maroney
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the spices-salt, pepper, paprika, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper (if using). Then while they're still warm, toss the chickpeas with the spices, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Allow them to cool for about an hour. They will continue to get crunchier as they cool. To re-crisp, heat in a 350 F oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 9 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 141 mg, Sugar 5 g, Fat 6 g, ServingSize 3 cups (8 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CRUNCHY SPICY CHICKPEAS
Provided by Bill Bradley, R.D.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Let drained chickpeas sit in a colander for about 10 minutes to dry. Line a small bowl with a paper towel. Pour chickpeas in bowl. Pat chickpeas dry with paper towel.
- Pour chickpeas in a dry bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Pour chickpeas onto a baking sheet. Spread them so that they are all in a single layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Check at 50 minutes. They should be somewhat crunchy when removed from oven. They will get crunchier as they cool. Be careful not to burn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 404 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
THE BEST CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS
Crunchy Spiced Chickpeas are the ultimate healthy snack or grain-free alternative to croutons. Enjoy them on their own or add them to your favorite salads and grain bowls for an extra dose of protein and fiber!
Provided by Elizabeth Rider
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Then, lay them out across a few sheets of paper towels. Gently roll them in the paper towels to soak up any excess moisture, then let them sit for about 10 minutes to dry out. This is super important for getting them nice and crispy in the oven!
- In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, maple syrup, and your spices. Whisk together until the mixture is combined.
- Add the chickpeas to the mixture and toss until they are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the seasoned chickpeas evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crispy and golden brown.
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Place the chiles in a spice grinder and grind until fine. Add the salt, lime zest and sugar. Pulse a few more times until well combined and set aside.
- 2. Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on paper towels and pat dry. Heat 3/4 inch of oil in a heavy-bottomed shallow pot or small Dutch oven to 375 degrees F. Carefully add the chickpeas in small batches, about a cup per batch, to the oil. (The oil will bubble up for a few seconds.) Fry, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray and immediately sprinkle with some of the chile salt. Cool slightly and serve.
- Chef's Note: The chickpeas can be fried 2 to 3 days ahead of time. Cool without the chile salt and store in a sealed plastic container. Before serving, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a 400-degree F oven until sizzling and crispy. Season with the chile salt, cool and serve.
MOROCCAN SPICED ROAST CHICKPEAS
Satisfy your need for crunchy, savory snacks in only 100 nutrient-packed calories with these tasty Moroccan spiced chickpeas. Make extra spice mix, as it can double as a rub for ribs, chicken or roasted vegetables.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the chickpeas dry between two paper towels then place on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil then roast the chickpeas in the middle of the oven, tossing every 15 minutes, until deeply golden, dry and crunchy, 40 to 45 minutes.
- While the chickpeas roast, prepare the spice mixture: combine the cumin, brown sugar, cayenne, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, paprika and salt in a medium bowl. Mix until the color is uniform. As soon as the chickpeas come out of the oven, toss with the spice blend. Serve warm or at room temperature.
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS WITH PEPPERS AND TOMATOES
This vegetarian sheet-pan supper has verve to spare. You will need two sheet pans to make it, but that's about all the kitchen equipment necessary. On one of them, spice-coated chickpeas are roasted until golden and crisp, while juicy peppers, tomatoes and onions caramelize on the other. Handfuls of bright fresh herbs and sweet pomegranate seeds add color and crunch. Serve this by itself for a light dinner, or with couscous or rice for something more substantial.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, weeknight, grains and rice, salads and dressings, vegetables, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees and arrange racks on the top and bottom thirds of the oven.
- In a large bowl, toss chickpeas with 2 tablespoons oil, the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt until evenly coated. Spread onto a rimmed sheet pan in a single layer and top with 3 thyme sprigs.
- On a second sheet pan, combine bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and remaining thyme sprigs with 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spread vegetables into one layer.
- Place chickpea pan on the bottom rack and vegetables on the top rack and roast for 10 minutes. Switch pan positions. Roast chickpeas until crisped but still tender, about 5 minutes, and roast vegetables until golden brown, about 10 minutes. If the vegetables are tender but not browned, place the pan under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to caramelize. Discard thyme sprigs.
- While the chickpeas and vegetables roast, whisk lemon juice, garlic and remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Arrange vegetables on a large platter and drizzle with half the dressing, then top with crispy chickpeas, fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle remaining dressing over everything. Serve with couscous or rice, if you like.
SPICY ROAST CHICKPEAS
A moreish vegan snack, flavoured with smoked paprika, cumin and coriander. Simply spice, roast and get stuck in!
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4. Tip the chickpeas into a bowl and toss with the rapeseed oil, smoked paprika, cumin and coriander along with a big pinch of salt. Toss well until the chickpeas are well coated, then tip out onto a baking tray and bake for 35 mins, moving them round the tray halfway through so they dry out evenly and are crunchy. Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.4 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: canned chickpea, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, black ground pepper, kosher salt
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer the chickpeas to the baking sheet and bake until golden and crisp, 40-45 minutes, shaking halfway through cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 4 grams
SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chickpeas, olive oil, ground cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt
Provided by Crystal Hatch
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Carefully dry the chickpeas. Removing the skins is optional and they will come off easily. The drier you get them, the crunchier they'll be!
- In a medium bowl, add dried chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread chickpeas out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix around on baking sheet and roast for additional 15-20 minutes, or until browned.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 823 calories, Carbohydrate 115 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 34 grams, Protein 38 grams, Sugar 20 grams
INDIAN-SPICED ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Spicy roasted chickpeas are crisp, spicy little nibbles. This is one snack that you can feel good about munching.
Provided by Naomi Witzke
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Beans and Peas
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Stir together the chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, garam masala, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt in a mixing bowl. Spread the chickpea mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the chickpeas are dark brown in spots, crisp, and have shrunk quite a bit, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.7 calories, Carbohydrate 29.7 g, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 652.8 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
ROASTED SPICED CHICKPEAS
Craving something crunchy? These spicy roasted chickpeas will give you healthy satisfaction without too much salt or saturated fat.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Appetizers
Yield Makes 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.Toss chickpeas with oil andspices until evenly coated.Spread on a rimmed bakingsheet. Roast, shaking panoccasionally, until chickpeasare golden and crunchy,about 30 minutes. Let coolcompletely. Store in an airtightcontainer up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 g
More about "crunchy spiced chickpeas recipes"
SPICY CRUNCHY CHICKPEAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (7)Total Time 52 minsServings 2Calories 120 per serving
SOUTHWEST SPICED CRUNCHY CHICKPEAS • SALT & LAVENDER
SPICY CRUNCHY ROASTED CHICKPEAS RECIPE | CHOCOLATE & ZUCCHINI
ACTUALLY CRISPY BAKED CHICKPEAS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
EASY SPICED CHICKPEAS WITH MUSHROOM AND GARLIC - RUNNING ON …
LIGHTLY SPICED EASY CRISPY CHICKPEAS - ALPHAFOODIE
QUICK MOROCCAN SPICED CHICKPEAS - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
CRISPY BBQ ROASTED CHICKPEAS - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
SLIGHTLY SPICY CRISPY CHICKPEAS (MAKE THEM IN 10 MINUTES)
CRUNCHY SPICED ROASTED CHICKPEAS | TASTE
SPICED CRISPY CHICKPEAS | SOUTHERN LIVING
CRISPY ROASTED CHICKPEAS (THAT STAY CRISPY!) – A COUPLE COOKS
ROASTED CHICKPEAS – SUPER-CRUNCHY, CRISPY, SPICY, DELICIOUS
SPICY & CRUNCHY ROASTED CHICKPEAS - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
21 CRUNCHY CHICKPEA RECIPES - SIMPLEMOST
CRISPY SPICY CHICKPEAS WITH YOGURT - DINNER: A LOVE STORY
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE THE CRISPIEST, CRUNCHIEST …
SPICY CRISPY ROASTED CHICKPEAS - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS RECIPE (CRUNCHY) - GIVE RECIPE
RECIPE CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS - JOY BAUER
CRISPY SPICED ROASTED CHICKPEAS - THE WASHINGTON POST
SPICY ITALIAN ROASTED CHICKPEAS - CRUNCH & CREAM
CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS - URBAN COOKERY
CRISPY SPICY CHICKPEAS - TASTY BITES
BEST CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
SPICY & CRISPY ROASTED CHICKPEAS (GARBANZO) RECIPE
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CRISPY SPICED CHICK PEAS - GARLIC & ZEST
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS - CAROLINE FRANCO
THE BEST SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS - THE HEALTHY EPICUREAN
3-INGREDIENT SWEET AND SPICY CHICKPEAS - ELLIE KRIEGER
SPICY CRISPY ROASTED CHICKPEAS - FROM SCRATCH - SEW HISTORICALLY
CRISPY INDIAN SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
10 CRISPY AND CRUNCHY ROASTED CHICKPEA RECIPES - ONE GREEN PLANET
SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love