CRISP SPICED CHICKPEAS
Canned chickpeas bear a closer resemblance to cooked-from-dried than any other canned bean: They're sturdy enough to withstand additional cooking without falling apart. Even after a 20-minute sizzle in a skillet with olive oil, they stay intact, their exteriors turning crunchy while their insides become creamy. Serve these as a party snack instead of roasted nuts, and you'll have a hit. (The New York Times)
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Put the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the chickpeas and cook, shaking the skillet occasionally until the chickpeas are brown and very crisp, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the spices, salt and pepper, and continue to cook, shaking the pan a bit more frequently, until the spices are toasted and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning; drain on paper towels if necessary. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 198, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 334 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Carefully dry the chickpeas. Removing the skins is optional and they will come off easily. The drier you get them, the crunchier they'll be!
- In a medium bowl, add dried chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread chickpeas out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix around on baking sheet and roast for additional 15-20 minutes, or until browned.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 823 calories, Carbohydrate 115 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 34 grams, Protein 38 grams, Sugar 20 grams
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS WITH PEPPERS AND TOMATOES
This vegetarian sheet-pan supper has verve to spare. You will need two sheet pans to make it, but that's about all the kitchen equipment necessary. On one of them, spice-coated chickpeas are roasted until golden and crisp, while juicy peppers, tomatoes and onions caramelize on the other. Handfuls of bright fresh herbs and sweet pomegranate seeds add color and crunch. Serve this by itself for a light dinner, or with couscous or rice for something more substantial.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees and arrange racks on the top and bottom thirds of the oven.
- In a large bowl, toss chickpeas with 2 tablespoons oil, the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt until evenly coated. Spread onto a rimmed sheet pan in a single layer and top with 3 thyme sprigs.
- On a second sheet pan, combine bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and remaining thyme sprigs with 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spread vegetables into one layer.
- Place chickpea pan on the bottom rack and vegetables on the top rack and roast for 10 minutes. Switch pan positions. Roast chickpeas until crisped but still tender, about 5 minutes, and roast vegetables until golden brown, about 10 minutes. If the vegetables are tender but not browned, place the pan under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to caramelize. Discard thyme sprigs.
- While the chickpeas and vegetables roast, whisk lemon juice, garlic and remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Arrange vegetables on a large platter and drizzle with half the dressing, then top with crispy chickpeas, fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle remaining dressing over everything. Serve with couscous or rice, if you like.
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer the chickpeas to the baking sheet and bake until golden and crisp, 40-45 minutes, shaking halfway through cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 4 grams
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS
- 1. Place the chiles in a spice grinder and grind until fine. Add the salt, lime zest and sugar. Pulse a few more times until well combined and set aside.
- 2. Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on paper towels and pat dry. Heat 3/4 inch of oil in a heavy-bottomed shallow pot or small Dutch oven to 375 degrees F. Carefully add the chickpeas in small batches, about a cup per batch, to the oil. (The oil will bubble up for a few seconds.) Fry, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray and immediately sprinkle with some of the chile salt. Cool slightly and serve.
- Chef's Note: The chickpeas can be fried 2 to 3 days ahead of time. Cool without the chile salt and store in a sealed plastic container. Before serving, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a 400-degree F oven until sizzling and crispy. Season with the chile salt, cool and serve.
SPICY ROAST CHICKPEAS
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4. Tip the chickpeas into a bowl and toss with the rapeseed oil, smoked paprika, cumin and coriander along with a big pinch of salt. Toss well until the chickpeas are well coated, then tip out onto a baking tray and bake for 35 mins, moving them round the tray halfway through so they dry out evenly and are crunchy. Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.4 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein
CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS
There's a Mexican joint Michele and I go to once in a while that serves a complimentary bowl of spicy, fried chickpeas when you sit down to eat. It's a very nice touch, and a periodic reminder of what a great, highly-addictive snack this is. As in, only make single batches at a time, because you will eat everything you make. Season with any combination of spices that you like.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place chickpeas in a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand for 24 hours. Drain and dry on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour chickpeas into a baking dish; drizzle olive oil over the top and season with cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Stir to coat chickpeas.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 20 minutes, until crispy and fragrant, about 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243.5 calories, Carbohydrate 30.6 g, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 8.8 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 51.4 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
People also searched
More about "crunchy spiced chickpeas recipes"
THESE CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS ARE SO SNACKABLE
Calories 273Total Fat 7g 9%Saturated Fat 1g 4%Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE THE CRISPIEST ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.5/5 (244)Servings 4 See details »
ROASTED CHICKPEAS – SUPER-CRUNCHY, CRISPY, SPICY, DELICIOUS
5/5 (7)Servings 20Cuisine Dairy Free, Gluten Free, VeganTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Thoroughly drain the chickpeas using a sieve (save the aquafaba (water from the chickpea can) for cooking egg free/vegan bakes if you wish).
- Rinse the drained chickpeas thoroughly with cold water and then dry them well on/with absorbent kitchen paper towels.
- Put the chickpeas in a small saucepan and add the oil. Stir thoroughly to ensure the chickpeas are evenly coated with the oil.
SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS (THAT STAY CRISPY FOR DAYS ...
4.3/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory SnacksCalories 125 per serving
- Mix drained and rinsed chickpeas (15 oz.), olive oil (1 tablespoon), cumin (1/2 teaspoon), cayenne pepper (1/8 teaspoon), kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon), and black pepper (1/4 teaspoon) in a medium bowl until all chickpeas are well-coated.
ACTUALLY CRISPY BAKED CHICKPEAS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
Ratings 82Calories 120 per servingCategory Side, Snack
- Drain chickpeas well. If using oil, rinse well with water and thoroughly drain. If omitting oil, simply drain well and skip rinsing with water.
- Once drained well, spread the chickpeas out on a clean, absorbent towel and use your hands to gently roll and dry the chickpeas. Some of the skins should start coming off. You can opt to peel all of the chickpeas - which can help for extra crispiness! - or simply remove the skins that come off. Either way, the chickpeas will crisp up. I just found that peeling them does yield slightly crispier chickpeas.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a mixing bowl and top with oil (or omit) and salt. Mix well to combine. DO NOT add the other seasoning at this point - it can interrupt the crisping process, so wait to add until after baking.
10 CRISPY AND CRUNCHY ROASTED CHICKPEA RECIPES - ONE GREEN ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 minsPublished 2021-05-21
- Crunchy Pumpkin Roasted Chickpeas. The perfect snack to satisfy that craving for crunch, these Crunchy Pumpkin Roasted Chickpeas by Kat Condon are super simple to make and make a great high fiber, protein-packed snack!
- Spicy Fried Chickpeas. These Spicy Fried Chickpeas by Nita Ragoonanan the perfect snack – protein-packed, have a bit of a kick, and are so filling!
- Maple Za’atar Roasted Chickpeas. The crunch of chickpeas give the impression that the legumes are deep-fried, but they are often dry roasted and dusted with salt and seasonings.
- Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas. These Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas by Wendy Irene are quick, easy, and only contain 3 ingredients! They’re great on salads, in sandwiches, or eaten as a snack on their own.
- Roasted Spicy Chickpeas. Roasted Spicy Chickpeas by Mireille Aikman make one great snack. You only need to know the right balance of flavors and I guarantee you that you will make this every time you like to eat a snack.
- Herb Roasted Chickpeas. Crunchy, flavorful and filling! These crispy Herb Roasted Chickpeas by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD are great as a snack, sprinkled over a salad or used to top roasted veggies.
- Oven Roasted Chickpeas. These Oven Roasted Chickpeas by Christina Bedetta are a delicious way to get some protein in during the day. They’re easy to make, fun to eat, and a perfect on-the-go snack!
- Crispy Crockpot Chickpeas. These Crispy Crockpot Chickpeas by Maggie Jones are so addictive! They’re similar in texture to corn nuts but with all-natural ingredients.
- Stragalia: Greek Toasted Chickpeas. Stragalia is a delicious, nutritious, totally addictive snack and so simple to make! With coriander and fennel seeds, fresh ground black pepper, sea salt, and garlic – this recipe is the perfect combination of traditional Greek spices.
- Roasted Chickpeas With Chipotle and Lime. These Roasted Chickpeas With Chipotle and Lime by Karielyn Tillman are tasty little snacks that are really easy to make.
SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS RECIPE (CRUNCHY) - GIVE RECIPE
Reviews 1Calories 70 per servingCategory Snack See details »
CRISPY ROASTED CHICKPEAS (THAT STAY CRISPY!) – A COUPLE COOKS
Reviews 19Category SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, shaking off as much water as possible. Place them on a towel and pat gently to dry. Place another towel on top, then use your hands to rub the chickpeas and remove as many of the chickpea skins as possible. Do this once or twice; it should only take a few minutes and it’s not necessary to remove all of the skins.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chickpeas with the olive oil, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, and kosher salt.
- Pour chickpeas onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them into a single layer. Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes until crispy and dry, shaking the pan every 15 minutes. The exact bake time depends on the chickpea brand and your oven, so watch closely in the final minutes, taste test, and remove when the chickpeas are browned but before they become very dark and hard. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before storing; the chickpeas will crisp up even more as they cool.
CRISPY SPICED CHICK PEAS | GARLIC & ZEST
5/5 (5)Total Time 35 minsCategory SnackCalories 208 per serving
- Rinse and drain the chick peas in a strainer. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with paper towels. Transfer the chick peas to the paper towels and scatter about, so that the towels soak up most of the moisture. Tear off another towel and gently pat and roll the chick peas until they are dry, removing any loose skins and discarding. Transfer the chick peas to a medium bowl and add the grapeseed oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven to heat for 3-4 minutes. When the pan is hot, add the chick peas to the pan and spread into a single layer. Cook for 10 minutes, then shake or stir the chick peas. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix together the cumin, onion powder, paprika and cayenne pepper, stirring to combine. After the beans have cooked for 20 minutes total, sprinkle on the spice blend and stir to completely coat. Cook for another 10-12 minutes until toasted and fragrant. Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes until cool enough to handle. Serve as a snack or on top of salads instead of croutons.
DINING WITH THE DOC: CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS | THE FOODIE ...
5/5 (1)Category SnackCuisine MoroccanCalories 268 per serving
- Dry the chickpeas with a kitchen towel and place them in a bowl. Add the oil and spices and toss to combine well.
- Spread the chickpeas out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven, stirring once or twice, until chickpeas are dry and crispy, 35-40 minutes.
- Let the chickpeas cool before serving (they will crisp up more as they dry). Store in an airtight container.
CRISPY INDIAN SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
5/5 (3)Category SnackCuisine IndianTotal Time 40 mins
- The first step of removing the chickpea skins is optional. If you would like to remove them place the chickpeas in a large bowl and fill with water. Rub the chickpeas between your fingers to remove the skins. The skins will float to the top and can be poured off the side of the bowl with the water (more photos and instructions on how to do that here). Drain chickpeas of any remaining water and then dry well with a towel.
- In a medium bowl toss the chickpeas in oil and spices. Then spread the chickpeas on a sheet tray in one even layer.
- Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until crispy and golden brown. They are ready to enjoy!
CRISPY SPICY CHICKPEAS - TASTY BITES
Servings 4Total Time 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 178 per serving See details »
AIR FRYER CHICKPEAS - PERFECTLY CRISPY! - RACHEL COOKS®
Ratings 5Calories 32 per servingCategory Appetizers/Snacks
- Heat air fryer to 400ºF. In medium sized bowl, toss chickpeas with oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper.
CRISPY SPICED CHICKPEAS WITH ROASTED PEPPERS | RECIPE ...
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse them with cold water and shake of moisture. Spread them on a tray lined with paper towels to dry as best as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6. Halve and core the peppers, brush both sides of each one with oil and place on a baking tray. Roast for 10-12 minutes, turn them over and roast for 10 minutes again so they are softened and lightly charred around the edges.
- While the peppers are roasting heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, 30cm or so, preferably with tall sides as the chickpeas will jump around manically. Add the chickpeas to hot oil over medium heat and fry, stirring often, to uniformly crispen. It will sound like popping corn, after about 15-18 minutes the sounds should abate and the chickpeas colour and crispen.
SPICY CRUNCHY CHICKPEAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (7)Total Time 52 minsServings 2Calories 120 per serving See details »
CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S ...
Servings 2 See details »
CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE | SPICED CHICKPEAS, SPICED ...
See details »
CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE
See details »
CRUNCHY SPICED CHICKPEAS - HOW TO MAKE CRISPY OVEN-FRIED ...
See details »
You'll also love