i got this recipe from my brother some time ago. it's simple to make and goes fast. use it year round for holiday get togethers as well as summer bbq's. always a hit.
Time: 15 minutes
- mix cream cheese with ranch dip mix and 1 / 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- spread that onto thin-sliced french baguettes
- put a slice of cucumber on top and a sprinkle of dill
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- french baguette
- cream cheese
- ranch dip mix
- garlic powder
I always get requests for the recipe for these canapes whenever I serve them. They're delicate finger sandwiches with a creamy herb spread and festive red and green garnishes. -Nadine Whittaker, South Plymouth, Massachusetts
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion, chives, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings. Cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. , Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out circles from bread slices. Spread mayonnaise mixture over bread; top with cucumber slices. Garnish with pimientos and dill.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme, basil, parsley flakes and dill weed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) white or rye bread
- 2 medium cucumbers, scored and thinly sliced
- Diced pimientos and additional dill weed
Lemon, in the form of shredded peel and juice, adds a subtle flavor to these cucumber sandwiches. From "Christmas Cooking From the Heart" by BHG.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by kitty.rock
Yield 24 appetizers, 24 serving(s)
- In a bowl combine cucumber, red onion, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and ground black pepper; toss gently to coat.
- If desired, remove crusts from bread slices.
- Cut each bread slice diagonally into quarters (or use 2 to 2 1/2-inch decorative cutters to cut shapes from bread slices).
- Spread butter onto one side of each piece of bread; top each with some of the cucumber mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chives.
- Spoon a little of the sour cream mixture on top of each canape.
- If desired, garnish each canape with additional finely shredded lemon peel.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 hours.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 1/2 of a medium English cucumber, very thinly sliced (~1 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 slices firm-textured white bread or 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
My work group would have a holiday feast each year the week leading up to Christmas. This simple recipe was one that I always enjoyed these because it was something different.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Chef Shelby
Yield 24 serving(s)
- Mix together whipped cream cheese and Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix until well blended.
- Spread mixture onto each piece of cocktail rye bread. (adjust the amount of mixture you spread on to your liking. I like the flavor of the mixture so I do put it on a little thicker).
- Then add cucumber slice to the top of each bread. (make sure the cucumber is a bit dry so it won't drip through and moisten the bread).
- Sprinkle dill on top of each cucumber. (It's fine without dill if you don't like the flavor).
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- If making ahead, wait to put the cucumbers on. If they set on the bread overnight, it could possibly make the bread a little soggy).
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread (aka party bread)
- 1 (12 ounce) container cream cheese, pre-whipped (I use Breakstones Temp Tee)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cucumbers (peeled and sliced thin-1/8-inch to 1/4-inch)
- dill weed
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Makes 28 canapés
- Gently mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Cut twenty-eight 1/4-inch-thick round slices from cucumber (reserve remaining cucumber for another use). Arrange cucumber slices on platter. Top each slice with crab mixture.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained, or 4 ounces fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 English hothouse cucumber
CUCUMBER CUPS WITH DILL CREAM AND SMOKED SALMON
Classic combos are classic because the flavors go well together! Dill, cucumber, and smoked fish are combined with a bit of lemon to perk things up. Small pieces of smoked trout would be a good substitute for the salmon in this pretty, easy, no-cook hors d'oeuvre. Cucumber cups can be assembled and kept chilled in an airtight container 1 day ahead of time.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by RuthE
- Trim ends from cucumbers and cut crosswise into 24 (3/4-inch-thick) rounds. Scoop a 1/2-inch-deep depression from one side of each round with a small melon-baller, forming little cups. Drain cucumbers, cup sides down, on paper towels for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper together in a bowl. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture into each cucumber cup. Top each cup with 1 salmon strip and 1 dill sprig.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 ⅓ large cucumbers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 2-inch strips
- 24 small fresh dill sprigs
CUCUMBER CAVIAR CANAPES
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Serves 2 as an hors d'oeuvre
- Diagonally cut cucumber into eight 1/8-inch-thick slices. Serve cucumber slices topped with sour cream and caviar.
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- 1/4 English cucumber
- About 3 tablespoons sour cream
- About 1.75 ounces caviar
More recipes about cucumber canapes recipes
10 Best Cucumber Canapes Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comMar 31, 2021 · Light Cucumber Canapes Food.com fat-free mayonnaise, fresh parsley, low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat Parmesan cheese and 1 more Brie and Green Olive Canapes Marmita ground black pepper, salt, pitted olives, chopped parsley, mayonnaise and 3 more ...Show details
Cucumber Party Canapés - Recipes | Pampered Chef US Site
Recipe From : pamperedchef.comThinly slice remaining cucumber sections using Ultimate Mandoline; cut each slice in half. Slice canapé bread into eighteen 1/2-inch slices using Bread Knife. To assemble canapés, place 1 scoop cream cheese mixture onto each bread slice using Small Scoop, spreading evenly. Top each canapé with 1 cucumber slice and 1 tomato half. ...Show details
10 Best Cucumber Cream Cheese Canape Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comEgg Salad Cucumber Canape Honey And Birch boiled eggs, dill, Dijon mustard, cucumbers, fresh dill, light mayo and 3 more Sundried Tomato Cucumber Rolls KitchenAid ground pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, sun dried tomatoes and 6 more ...Show details
Cucumber Canapés Recipe
Recipe From : twopeasandtheirpod.comDec 09, 2013 · Add the lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and turn on the food processor. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream through the … ...Show details
Cucumber Canapes - Mealthy.com
Recipe From : mealthy.comApr 18, 2018 · Blend cream cheese, shallot, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on toasts. Place 3 or 5 … ...Show details
Cucumber Dill Canapé Recipe | Cooking On The Weekends
Recipe From : cookingontheweekends.comDec 26, 2018 · Remove 4 sprigs of dill and set them aside in the refrigerator for the garnish. To make the dill spread, use a food processor to blend the cheese with the butter, mustard, lemon juice, and the … ...Show details
Cucumber canapes recipe - All the best recipes at Crecipe.com
Recipe From : crecipe.comCucumber canapes recipe. Learn how to cook great Cucumber canapes . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Cucumber canapes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Cucumber canapes recipe and prepare delicious and … ...Show details
Crab and Cucumber Canapés | Williams Sonoma
Recipe From : williams-sonoma.comApr 02, 2014 · In a bowl, stir together the crabmeat, mayonnaise, celery, chives, shallot, lemon juice and salt. Slice the cucumber thinly on the diagonal. Place a dollop of the crab mixture on top of each cucumber slice, sprinkle with the paprika and garnish with flowers. Arrange on a … ...Show details
Cucumber Canapés with Smoked Salmon Mousse | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe From : recipetineats.comSun-dried tomato - switch salmon and chives with 225g/7oz sun dried tomato strips in oil (including oil) and chives. Blitz until smooth, use per recipe (makes slightly more in quantity) Olive - switch salmon with 200g/6.5oz green or black olives, and parsley or … ...Show details
10 Best Cucumber Canapes Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.co.ukEgg Salad Cucumber Canape Honey And Birch fresh dill, dill, pepper, diced celery, boiled eggs, cucumbers and 3 more Easy Cucumber Canapes My Casual Pantry seedless cucumber, sea salt, garlic and herb cheese spread, fresh basil and 5 more ...Show details
Easy Cucumber Canapes | My Casual Pantry
Recipe From : mycasualpantry.comMay 09, 2020 · Canapes. A canape is a small bite-sized hor d'oeuvre (appetizer). Canapes are often served as party food, but these cucumber canapes are also the perfect addition to brunch. These … ...Show details
Healthy Cucumber Canapes with Whipped Feta - It's a Veg
Recipe From : itsavegworldafterall.comJun 23, 2020 · How to Make Cucumber Canapes Peel a large cucumber and slice it into 1/2-inch circles. In a blender, combine the ingredients for the whipped feta, and blend until smooth. Next, I like to pour … ...Show details
Cucumber Bites Appetizers « Valya's Taste of Home
Recipe From : valyastasteofhome.comJan 22, 2015 · Ranch (check out my homemade ranch recipe) Fresh or frozen dill. Garlic salt. Ground black pepper. How to Make Cucumber Bites Appetizers. Rinse, peel, and slice each cucumber into half-inch slices. Remove little of the insides of the cucumber … ...Show details
Cucumber Canapes with Shrimp Appetizers | Sunday Supper
Recipe From : sundaysuppermovement.comAug 27, 2019 · What are canapes? Typically, a canape is an appetizer or hors d’oeuvre consisting of a topping (usually savory) on a small piece of bread, a pastry, or a cracker.In the case of cucumber canapes, the cucumber itself acts as the vessel for the topping—perfect for low carb appetizers.. Plus, these are cold appetizers, meaning you don’t have to stress about preparing them once your guests ... ...Show details
Chicken-Cucumber Canapes Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comDec 09, 1998 · Cut bread slices with assorted 2 1/2-inch cutters, reserving trimmings for other uses. Spread half of bread shapes with chicken mixture; top each with a matching bread shape. Roll … ...Show details
Cucumber Canapes | Recipe
Recipe From : kosher.comSave To Recipe Box Select All Ingredients Deselect All Save To Shopping List. Start Cooking. Prepare the Cucumber Canapes. Combine the marinade ingredients and spread over the meat. Allow to marinate for at least two hours. Preheat a large frying pan and add the oil. Add the meat to the pan in batches, cooking for one minute per side, then ... ...Show details
Cucumber Canapes Recipe - RecipeTips.com
Recipe From : recipetips.comIn a food processor or blender, combine the mayo, cream cheese, green onion, vinegar, Worchestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings. ...Show details
Cucumber Canapés - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comMar 18, 2018 · How to Make Tuna Salad & How to Make Potato Salad - Tapas Recipe - Duration: 8:11. Online Culinary School 25,076 views ...Show details
Cucumber Canapes | DelFrescoPure
Recipe From : delfrescopure.comDirections. If using regular cream cheese, leave out to bring to room temperature and mix with a spoon to soften. Spreadable cream cheese can be used right away. Wash and dry your cucumber. Using a vegetable peeler, slice into long, thin strips. Work down one side until you get into the seed membrane, then turn over and peel the other side. ...Show details