Curried Spinach Soup Palak Shorva
CURRIED SPINACH SOUP PALAK SHORVA
rich, smooth and thick, perfect for when the weather starts to turn frosty. make enough to have leftovers the next day -- it is even better when the flavors have time to meld together. from "fields of greens" by annie somerville.
Time: 60 minutes
- heat the stock over low heat
- in a separate soup pot , heat the oil and add onions , 1 / 2 tsp salt , and a few pinches of pepper
- saute the onions over medium heat until tender , about 7-8 minutes
- add garlic and spices to onions , saute 2 minutes
- add rice to onion mixture , and 3 cups of warm stock
- cover and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes , until rice is tender
- add spinach , 1 / 2 teaspoon salt and 2 cups of stock , and cook uncovered until spinach is wilted and soft
- puree the soup in a blender or food processor and return it to the pot over low heat
- add coconut milk , and stock if necessary to reach your desired consistency
- add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper
- cook 20 more minutes
- toast the coconut in a dry saute pan over medium-low heat until it begins to turn golden , about 2 minutes
- garnish each serving with a sprinkle of toasted coconut
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- vegetable stock
- light olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic cloves
- cumin seeds
- coriander seeds
- ground fenugreek
- long-grain white rice
- fresh spinach
- coconut milk
- fresh lemon juice
- unsweetened dried shredded coconut
CURRIED SPINACH SOUP (PALAK SHORVA)
Rich, smooth and thick, perfect for when the weather starts to turn frosty. Make enough to have leftovers the next day -- it is even better when the flavors have time to meld together. From "Fields of Greens" by Annie Somerville.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Susiecat too
Yield 8 serving(s)
- Heat the stock over low heat.
- In a separate soup pot, heat the oil and add onions, 1/2 tsp salt, and a few pinches of pepper.
- Saute the onions over medium heat until tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices to onions, saute 2 minutes.
- Add rice to onion mixture, and 3 cups of warm stock; cover and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Add spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 cups of stock, and cook uncovered until spinach is wilted and soft.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor and return it to the pot over low heat.
- Add coconut milk, and stock if necessary to reach your desired consistency.
- Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook 20 more minutes.
- Toast the coconut in a dry saute pan over medium-low heat until it begins to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of toasted coconut.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 1/4 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground fenugreek
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, stems removed (or 3 small bunches)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
CURRIED SPINACH SOUP
I absolutely LOVE this soup and make it all the time. I've adapted the recipe to be more healthy by using olive oil instead of butter and fat-free sour cream. Serve topped with croutons.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by NATDTAT
- Place the potato in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot. Add the green onions, and cook until tender. Stir in the cooked potatoes, then gradually mix in the spinach, stirring after each addition until spinach is limp. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender, and puree until smooth.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan, and whisk in the flour and curry powder. Gradually whisk in broth so that no lumps form. Return the spinach mixture to the pan, stirring to blend, along with the lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Place sour cream in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup of the hot soup into the sour cream, and mix until well blended. Stir this back into the pot of soup. Heat through, but do not allow to boil. Serve immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 1 large potato - peeled and cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 12 cups spinach - rinsed, stemmed, and dried
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat sour cream
PALAK PANEER (SPINACH CURRY)
Given to me by a co-worker from Bangalore, this is a southern Indian recipe for palak paneer. It was easy to make and very delicious!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by International Recipes
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir spinach in hot oil until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer spinach to a blender or food processor; puree until spinach becomes a coarse paste.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook cumin in hot oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion, green chile peppers, and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cover saucepan. Simmer for 1 minute and add blended spinach paste, water, ground coriander, red chile powder, and salt. Continue to cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir paneer into spinach mixture and simmer until hot, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 2 green chile peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground red chiles
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 8 ounces paneer, cubed
More recipes about curried spinach soup palak shorva recipes
Palak Shorba | Spinach Soup Recipe - CandidTreat
Recipe From : candidtreat.comDec 23, 2020 · A bright green shorba made with palak/spinach. Palak shorba is a fresh, creamy curry that is a popular dish of Punjab. Takes only 20 minutes. ...Show details
Palak Shorva (Curried Spinach Soup w/ Toasted Coconut)
Recipe From : eggdairyglutenfree.wordpress.comFeb 29, 2008 · 2 bunches spinach. 1 can coconut milk. 1 Tbls fresh lemon juice. 1/4 C shredded coconut. Heat broth and keep warm over low heat. Heat oil in soup pot and add onion 1/2 tsp salt, few pinches pepper. Saute onions over med heat until tender then addgarlic and spices. ...Show details
Palak Shorba (Spinach Soup) - Binjal's VEG Kitchen
Recipe From : binjalsvegkitchen.comMay 10, 2020 · Palak Shorba is commonly found in Central Asia and Middle East, even serve in almost all Asian restaurant before meal. Shorba is one of various kind of soup or stew like simply gravy. Originally shorba is a Mughlai cuisine recipe, but you can also call it Punjabi or north Indian recipe. Palak Shorba … ...Show details
Palak Shorba, Punjabi Spinach Soup recipe, Punjabi Recipes
Recipe From : tarladalal.comJul 05, 2020 · Boil 2 cups of water in a pan. Add the spinach and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside to cool. Combine the spinach, mint leaves and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. ...Show details
How to make Palak Shorba, recipe by MasterChef Sanjeev Kapoor
Recipe From : sanjeevkapoor.comBreak the stems of the spinach leaves and blanch in plenty of water. Drain and refresh in cold water. Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaves, cinnamon, black cardamoms, cloves, black peppercorns and sauté for a minute. ...Show details
Daal-Palak Ka Shorba (Lentil and Spinach Soup) Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comBlend the soup by hand or use a food processor to thoroughly blend the mixture until it has a smooth soup-like consistency. Spoon the soup into large soup cups or bowls. Garnish with a squeeze of lime or lemon and a teaspoon of cream and serve the soup with breadsticks … ...Show details
Palak Soup Recipe | Spinach Soup Recipe | Palak Shorba
Recipe From : kiransaboo.blogspot.comFeb 28, 2013 · Palak Soup Recipe | Spinach Soup Recipe | Palak Shorba Recipe I like only Tomato soup but after having spinach soup in a North Indian Restaurant I started liking it.Before it Palak for me only Bitter.I tried at Home and taste is very Creamy now used to make soup in Winter Season. This was done in last week but today I am Sharing with all of you. ...Show details
Spinach curry (Indian palak curry) - Swasthi's Recipes
Recipe From : indianhealthyrecipes.comSep 05, 2020 · How to make spinach curry 1.Heat oil in a pot and add cumin seeds. 2.When they begin to splutter, add onions and green chilies. Saute them well until the onions turn golden. ...Show details
Punjabi Shorba Recipes, Punjabi Soup Recepie, Tarladalal.com
Recipe From : tarladalal.comSep 16, 2016 · Popular Punjabi Shorba Recipes. Makai Shorba. Makai Shorba and Tamatar Dhania ka Shorba are popular shorbas that top the list of most restaurant menus. The tamatar dhania ka shorba is a Punjabi's version of the ever-popular tomato soup. Your appetite will be satisfied when you have a bowl of hot Shorba accompanied with some salad.. Healthy Punjabi Shorba Recipes ...Show details
Badam Palak Shorba | Spinach soup with Broccoli and Almond
Recipe From : sizzlingtastebuds.comFeb 11, 2015 · Today’s soup is a quick to make & calcium rich Palak Almond Soup that I made for her post school-its not only filling but very healthy too. Hope you enjoy this colourful hearty soup during winters, when Spinach is available in abundance. You can use fresh or frozen, regular or baby spinach… ...Show details
Recipe for SOUP with SPINACH | Hara Shorba | Palak soup
Recipe From : currylens.comDec 01, 2019 · 1.Spinach soup during Pregnancy. Pregnancy is an essential part of women’s lives, from building an immune system to keeping the worst hypertensions at low, vitamins, and minerals help to support the body. ...Show details
Palak Ka Shorba| Spinach Soup – The World Through My Eyes
Recipe From : thephotowali.wordpress.comDec 07, 2020 · The abundance of winter produce in the markets offers plenty of opportunities for wonderful soups, too! Today, I’m sharing with you all the recipe for Palak Ka Shorba, a simple but beautiful and hearty soup made using spinach. What goes into my Palak Ka Shorba. Palak Ka Shorba is a delicately spiced, delicious soup made using tender spinach ... ...Show details
Palak Corn Soup, How to make Spinach Corn Shorba - WeRecipes
Recipe From : werecipes.comApr 04, 2015 · Recipe of Palak Corn Soup with step by step explanation and pictures. To make palak corn soup/spinach corn shorba we need blanched palak gravy, boiled corn kernels, garlic chopped, corn starch, clarified butter (ghee), salt to taste, cheese to garnish and thats it. Tasty and healthy corn palak soup … ...Show details
Aloo Palak Recipe - Spinach & Potato Curry - Fatima Cooks
Recipe From : fatimacooks.netIngredients. 1/4 cup oil/ghee 1 medium onion, chopped 450g potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarter circles 1 green chilli 2.5 tsp salt, or to taste ...Show details
Aloo Palak Shorba Recipe I Potato Spinach Curry I आलू पालक
Recipe From : youtube.comAloo Palak Shorba Recipe I Potato Spinach Curry I Palak Shorba I आलू पालक शोरबा#AlooPalakShorbaRecipe #PotatoSpinachCurryHAPPY COOKING with Maa ki Rasoi, Gha... ...Show details
Daal-Palak Ka Shorba (Lentil and Green spinach Soup)
Recipe From : houstonfoodtruckfest.comApr 08, 2021 · Daal-Palak Ka Shorba (Lentil and Green spinach Soup) 04/08/2021. 3 comments. Martin P. 9 min read. Table of Contents: ... Tomato and Spinach Soup by Tarla Dalal; Palak Dal Recipe Dhaba Style Dal Palak Spinach & Lentil Curry Varun. ...Show details
Palak Shorba (Spinach Soup) - Binjal's VEG Kitchen
Recipe From : in.pinterest.comDec 19, 2015 - Palak Shorba is like spinach soup with Indian spices. Palak Shorba is rich in taste with full nutrition. It is Mughlai Cuisine popular in Central Asia. ...Show details
13 Spinach Recipes ideas | recipes, spinach recipes, spinach
Recipe From : in.pinterest.comOct 31, 2019 - Explore Tarla Dalal's board "Spinach Recipes", followed by 218526 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about recipes, spinach recipes, spinach. ...Show details
Palak Shorba - Curry Trail
Recipe From : currytrail.inMar 08, 2017 · Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a soup pan. Add bay leaf and crushed garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add chopped onions and continue to sauté till … ...Show details
Palak Shorba | Indian Style Spinach Soup | Cooking From Heart
Recipe From : cookingfromheart.comJul 29, 2016 · What I used – For Palak Shorba – Spinach/Palak, 1 large bunch (2 cups tightly packed chopped); Onion, 1 medium Milk, 1 cup Fresh Mint Leaves Chopped, 2 tsp Dried Bay Leaf, 1 Cinnamon, 1” piece Cumin Seeds, 1 tsp Garlic Finely Chopped, 5 tsp Turmeric Powder, ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder, ½ tsp (or less) Salt, as needed Oil/Butter, 1 tsp For the Chilli Garlic Oil Tempering – ...Show details
Palak Soup Recipe | Cream of Spinach Soup | पालक सूप
Recipe From : youtube.comPalak Soup Recipe | Cream of Spinach Soup | पालक सूप | Soup Recipe | Palak ka shorba Ingredients for soup 200 gram palak 1 cup milk 1 medium onion 3-4 garlic... ...Show details
Palak Shorba Recipe: How to Make Palak Shorba Recipe
Recipe From : recipes.timesofindia.comApr 19, 2017 · Palak Shorba is a healthy soup recipe made with turnip and spinach. This nutritious shorba has the goodness of spinach and is easy-to-make North Indian recip. A soup lover's delight, this palak shorba recipe gives a twist to the same old soup… ...Show details
Palak Shorba | Spinach soup, Recipes, Food
Recipe From : pinterest.comMar 8, 2017 - This Pin was discovered by Rachana Bhutada. Discover (and save!) your own Pins on Pinterest ...Show details
Palak Badam Shorba (Spinach Almond Soup) Recipe | cookshideout
Recipe From : cookshideout.comDec 17, 2014 · [wpurp-searchable-recipe]Palak Badam ShorbaSpinach – frozen (or 6~8 cups fresh chopped spinach), Onion – small, chopped, Green Chili – chopped, Garlic – , finely minced, Almond … ...Show details
Palak Shorba (Indian spinach soup) Recipe | The Hollins
Recipe From : otakufamilycookbook.wordpress.comJun 19, 2018 · Add garam masala powder and lemon juice. boil till spinach is cooked. remove any whole spices. blend soup (stick blender is easiest). taste soup and adjust salt. For a brothier soup, add cream to taste and serve. for a heartier soup, thicken with flour by making a slurry, whisking in and boil till thick enough (no more than gravy thick). ...Show details
Shorba Recipe - NDTV Food
Recipe From : food.ndtv.comShorba Recipe, Learn how to make Shorba (absolutely delicious recipe of Shorba ingredients and cooking method) Dal Palak Ka Shorba is thinner in consistency than soup and a great way to start your meal. A warm and comforting dish with the goodness of lentils, spinach, ginger-garlic and mild spices. Season with fresh cream and a generous squeeze of lime.. ...Show details