POTATO AND PEA CURRY (ALOO MATAR) RECIPE
- In a blender, combine the tomato, garlic, and ginger. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet set over medium heat, add the cinnamon, clove, and cardamom. Dry roast, stirring constantly, until very fragrant, about one minute. Pour in the canola oil, and add in the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds start to sizzle, add the onions. Stir well until the onions are evenly coated with the fragrant oil. Turn the heat to medium-high, and cook until the onions are just starting to brown, two to four minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the cubed potatoes, and cook, stirring often, for three minutes. Pour in the contents of the blender, and stir until incorporated. Then add the salt, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and 1/4 cup of water. Stir until everything is combined, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook at a steady simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are starting to become tender, and the oil starts to separate from the sauce, about 12 minutes. You may need to turn the heat down to low to keep it from boiling.
- Pour in two more cups of water and the peas. Maintain a simmer until the potatoes are completely cooked, about 10 minutes. Ad the cream and garam masala, and simmer gently for an additional two minutes. Season to taste with more salt, if necessary. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 kcal, Carbohydrate 44 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Fiber 9 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 370 mg, Sugar 10 g, Fat 7 g, ServingSize serves 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CURRIED POTATOES AND PEAS
- In a medium saucepan, place potatoes in enough water to cover, add salt.
- Cook over medium heat, until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat margarine or butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and honey, cook about one minute.
- Drain potatoes; toss potatoes and peas into skillet to coat with onion and curry mixture.
- Serve Hot.
More about "curried potatoes and peas aloo matar rasedaar recipes"
ALOO MATAR | ALOO MUTTER (INDIAN POTATO PEAS CURRY)
4.9/5 (66)Uploaded Nov 11, 2019Category Main CoursePublished Oct 31, 2022
POTATO AND PEA CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ALOO MATAR - INDIAN PEAS & POTATOES IN TOMATO GRAVY
ALOO MATAR CURRY RECIPE | POTATO PEAS CURRY - PAVANIS …
ALOO MATAR (INDIAN POTATOES AND PEAS) RECIPE - THE …
ALOO MUTTER (INDIAN CURRIED POTATOES AND PEAS) - CASS …
5/5 (5)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 368 per serving
- Once water is boiling, boil potatoes until easily pierced with a fork (~20 minutes) but judge with tenderness as all potatoes cook slightly different.
- Cook the peas and potatoes for another 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water (I do it all in the same colander since it's all added together at the same time later).
GAJAR,MATAR,ALOO KI SABZI,/CARROTS,PEAS,POTATOES CURRY
15 ALOO PALAK MATAR KI SABJI - SELECTED RECIPES
BLACK EYED PEAS CURRY RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
MATAR ALOO RECIPE ||POTATO AND PEAS RECIPE||DAWAT KA KHANA ...
MATAR RECIPES | RECIPELAND
HOW TO MAKE CURRIED POTATOES AND PEAS (ALOO MATAR RASEDAAR)
ASTRAY RECIPES: CURRIED POTATOES AND PEAS (ALOO MATAR RASEDAAR)
38 ALOO RECIPES | RECIPELAND
ALOO MATAR RECIPE (VIDEO) - INSTANT POT - CUBES N JULIENNES
ALOO PEAS CURRY RECIPE | ALOO MATAR RECIPE
ALOO MATAR CURRY RECIPE - POTATO PEAS CURRY - MATAR BATATA BHAJI
ALOO RASEDAR » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
ALOO MATAR | ഉരുളക്കിഴങ്ങ് ഗ്രീൻപീസ് …
ALOO MATAR RASEDAAR RECIPE BY NIRU GUPTA - NDTV FOOD
ALOO MATAR FISH CURRY | SIMPLE FISH CURRY | HOW TO COOK FISH CURRY …
ALOO MATAR: POTATO AND GREEN PEAS CURRY RECIPE PAKISTANI STYLE
GREEN CHUTNEY POTATO PEAS / HOW - VIDEO DAILYMOTION
INSTANT POT ALOO MATAR (POTATO & PEAS CURRY)
BANARASI CHURA MATAR RECIPE--_DO TRY IT AND SAVE FOR LATER☺️ ️ ...
CURRIED POTATOES AND PEAS (ALOO MATAR RASEDAAR) RECIPE
You'll also love