malaysia and singapore's version of the empanada
Time: 40 minutes
- add flour to a bowl , make a hole in the middle and add egg
- gradually stir in milk and beat well until smooth
- stir in cold water and beat well
- pour batter into a container , set aside
- heat in a small skillet and pour off excess
- pour a little batter into skillet , swirling skillet to spread batter evenly over bottom to make a thin coating
- fry until 1 side is golden brown then flip over to do the same
- repeat with remaining batter , adding more oil pan each time , to make 8 pancakes
- for the filling , heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan adding onions , parsnip and curry powder
- saute for 5 minutes , stirring constantly
- add tomato paste and mix well
- blend cornstarch with a little stock and add remaining stock to ground beef mixture and bring to a boil
- add corn starch mixture and cook 2 minutes , stirring constantly
- simmer mixture 10 minutes
- lay pancakes , cooked-sides up , on a flat surface
- spread filling in 2" horizontal lines across center to within 1-1 / 2" of side edges
- fold these side edges over mixture and then fold remaining top and bottom edges over to cover filling
- brush with egg and fold pancakes in half
- chill for about 1 hour
- half fill a deep fat fryer or saucepan with oil
- fry folded pancakes , 4 at a time , 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and heated through
- drain on paper towel
- serve and garnish with carrot strips if desired
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- cold water
- corn oil
- red onion
- ground beef
- tomato paste
- curry powder
- beef stock
BAKED CURRY PUFFS
I needed something a little different for a party. I wanted something that was baked and not deep fried and came up with this recipe . I served these at a party and got rave reviews about these puffs. Serve them with your favourite dipping sauce. Use vegetables such as carrots, corn, parsnip and peas for your vegetables or use a frozen mix that has been thawed for convenience. A little Chili can be added for an extra kick also. I am guessing the amounts this mixture made but it did make quite a few!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Tisme
Yield 30-40 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- 4 -5 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 large onion, diced finely
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated gingerroot
- 1 cup minced beef
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into very small cubes
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup vegetables, mixed diced very small
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg, beaten
CURRY BEEF PUFFS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: olive oil, large yellow onion, garlic, lean ground beef, McCormick® Curry Powder, Mccormick® ground cumin, sugar, McCormick® black pepper, kosher salt, beef broth, cornstarch, frozen puff pastry, large egg, water, fresh cilantro
Recipe From tasty.co
Provided by Tracy Raetz
Yield 12 puffs
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon Mccormick® ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ⅔ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro
CURRY PUFFS 2 WAYS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: vegetable oil, medium white onion, chicken breast, salt, black pepper, ground cumin, curry powder, cayenne, medium russet potatoes, frozen peas, frozen carrot, whole milk, all-purpose flour, puff pastry, egg
Recipe From tasty.co
Provided by Frank Tiu
Yield 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), or heat a large pot filled halfway with cooking oil to 350°F (180°C). Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- In large pan, add the vegetable oil, onion, chicken, salt, pepper, cumin, curry powder, and cayenne. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens.
- Add the potatoes, peas and carrots, and milk and stir to combine. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring to break up the potatoes, until the curry thickens to the consistency of mashed potatoes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the curry cool for 30 minutes.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry to flatten the seams.
- Using a wine glass, cut out 8 circles from each pastry sheet.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cooled curry filling in the center of a puff pastry circle. Fold the puff pastry in half, press the edges together, and seal the edges in a folding and rolling motion.
- If baking, place the curry puffs on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the egg wash. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- If frying, add the curry puffs to the hot oil in batches and fry for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 1 cup frozen carrot, cooked
- 2 cups whole milk
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beated, if baking
You'll also love
More recipes about curry puffs recipes
Here's a Great Recipe for Curry Puffs That Taste Terrific ...
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comHeat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the curry powder and briskly stir. Cook for one minute until fragrant. ...
Curry Puff - Southeast Asian Recipes - Nyonya Cooking
Recipe From : nyonyacooking.com2016-06-12 · To bake the curry puffs, preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Place them on a piece of baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until browned. Frozen curry … ...
- In a bowl, mix salt and flour evenly. Set aside. Heat oil in a pan at high heat. Pour hot oil directly into the flour mixture. Mix well. Then add cold water and continue kneading until the dough comes together. Set dough aside in the refrigerator.
- Stir-fry onion slices and minced garlic with oil until fragrant. Add blended dried shrimps, curry leaves and curry powder. Then, add diced potatoes. Add enough water and simmer at low heat until the potatoes softened.
- Divide the dough equally into balls of ~ 35gm each. They may be refrigerated to ensure the dough is more manageable. Flatten dough until it is about 0.2cm thick. Place filling in the middle of the flattened dough.
- Fold sides together to create a semi-circle. Seal the sides by pinching the dough together. Using the pinch and fold technique as shown in the video, create the distinctive edge of curry puffs.
Curry Puffs (Karicpap)- How to make in 3 simple steps
Recipe From : tasteasianfood.com...
- Preparing the dough (Asian puff pastry) To create layers for the pastry, we need to prepare two doughs- the water dough and the oil dough. The water dough is equivalent to the ‘dough’ of the western puff pastry, and the oil dough is equal to the butter that separates the dough between the layers.
- Cooking the fillings. Preparing the filling is straightforward compared to making the dough. Below is the detailed explanation of how do we prepare the filling in our restaurant.
- Deep-frying the curry puffs. Deep-fry the curry puffs in vegetable oil at 180°C/350°F. You can either use an electric deep-frye r or a round wire fried basket.
Easy Homemade Thai Curry Puffs | All Ways Delicious
Recipe From : allwaysdelicious.com2019-06-05 · Instructions Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the chicken and continue to cook, stirring frequently and breaking up the meat with a spatula, until the meat … ...
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken and continue to cook, stirring frequently and breaking up the meat with a spatula, until the meat is browned, about 5 minutes more. Stir in the curry powder, fish sauce or soy sauce, salt, sugar, and cayenne. Stir in the water and peas and cook, stirring, until the peas are heated through and the liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Roll the pastry out to about 1/8- to ¼-inch thick and cut out circles using a 3 ½-inch round pastry cutter (or do what I do and use the ring from a wide-mouth canning jar). You should have 12 rounds.
Curry Puff - Rasa Malaysia
Recipe From : rasamalaysia.com2021-01-18 · Make the filling first. Heat oil and fry onion gently until golden brown. Add the kurma powder, curry powder, chili, turmeric and fry gently. Add the chicken, … ...
- Make the filling first. Heat oil and fry onion gently until golden brown. Add the kurma powder, curry powder, chili, turmeric and fry gently. Add the chicken, potatoes, sugar, pepper, salt and cook for 5 minutes. Mix well and leave aside to cool.
- To make pastry, mix flour with margarine, water, salt, and knead well. Let it rest for 1/2 hour. Cut the dough into circles (3 in) in diameter. Fold pastry over to make a half circle and crimp at edges. Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
The Best Oven Baked Curry Puffs - Scruff & Steph
Recipe From : scruffandsteph.com2017-11-09 · Place the pastries on the lined baking tray. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and milk. Brush the curry puffs with the egg wash. Bake the curry puffs in the oven for 15 - 17 mins or until … ...
Easy Vegetable Curry Puffs Recipe - The Cooking Foodie
Recipe From : thecookingfoodie.com2019-10-24 · Add spices, cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add diced carrots, frozen peas and cook until carrots are tender. Add diced boiled potatoes, season with salt and pepper, add water/stock, cook for … ...
- 1. In a large pan heat olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until golden, over medium heat.
Chinese Curry Puffs with Beef | The Woks of Life
Recipe From : thewoksoflife.com2016-07-23 · First, make your beef curry puff filling. In a skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent and just slightly caramelized. … ...
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent and just slightly caramelized.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a spatula. Cook until browned. Next, add the curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, black pepper, and salt. Stir everything together and allow the mixture to cook for another couple of minutes.
- While that’s happening, make a cornstarch slurry by mixing the beef broth with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Stir the slurry into the beef mixture and simmer for a few minutes, until the entire mixture has thickened. You’ll know it’s ready when there’s no more pooling liquid––just a very viscous curry beef! Transfer the beef mixture to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Once the filling has cooled, take your puff pastry out of the freezer and defrost for about 35-40 minutes--no more. Unfold each puff pastry sheet, and cut each one into 9 squares.
Easy Vegetarian Curry Puffs - The Flavor Bender
Recipe From : theflavorbender.com2019-12-02 · Soften onions over medium heat in a big pan, along with the bay leaves. Add the ginger and garlic, followed by the potatoes. Add the garam masala, salt and black pepper along with the other seasoning spices, and cook the potatoes until softened and caramelized. With a fork, mash up about 1/3 of the potatoes. ...
- Roll out the puff pastry to a thickness of about 3 mm. If using puff pastry sheets, you may still need to roll it out until it has the desired thickness.
Curry puffs | Malaysian recipes | SBS Food
Recipe From : sbs.com.auFry 4 curry puffs at a time until the pastry is a beautiful deep golden, then drain in a colander lined with paper towel. Another option is to brush the curry puffs with an egg … ...
Curry Puffs Recipe - unique curry flavoured pasties from ...
Recipe From : saintcooks.comWrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for 10-15 minutes before using. Alternatively using a food processor, put the flour, butter and salt in the food processor and pulse until the fat is rubbed into the flour. With … ...
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry to about 3-4mm thick. (You don’t what it to thin because it will break when folding. Neither to thick otherwise it the pastry will overpower the filling.)
Malaysian Curry Puff (Karipap Recipe) - Christie at Home
Recipe From : christieathome.com2020-12-14 · How to make Malaysian curry puff In a large pan set over medium heat, add 1 tsp cooking oil. Fry your chicken until mostly cooked. Add onions and potatoes, followed by curry powder, salt, … ...
- In a large pan set over medium heat, add 1 tsp cooking oil. Fry your chicken until mostly cooked. Add onions and potatoes, followed by curry powder, salt, turmeric (optional) and bay leaves. Cover and let this cook until potatoes are fork tender. Remove filling from pan and let it cool completely.
- In another pan, heat your oil on high heat. Place a chopstick or a wooden stick to check if the oil bubbles. Once it bubbles, carefully pour the hot oil into the flour well. Allow this to bubble for 1 minute. Then mix the flour and oil together. Add water and mix everything together with your hands and knead it together. You should form a very oiled ball of dough.
- On a floured surface, roll your dough into a long tube. Slice the tube of dough into 26 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
How to Make Curry Puffs: Delicious, Deep-Fried Pastries ...
Recipe From : delishably.com2012-03-23 · Instructions: Heat oil and fry the chopped onions until golden brown. Add in curry powder and sauté until fragrant. Add the chicken, potatoes and 1 cup of water. ...
Thai Curry Puffs - Marion's Kitchen
Recipe From : marionskitchen.com2021-05-12 · Fill a saucepan or wok to about 1/3 capacity with the vegetable oil. Heat over medium heat. Once the oil is hot (165°C/325°F, or when a wooden spoon handle dipped into the oil forms small bubbles), cook the curry puffs, in batches, for about 3 minutes or … ...
Thai Curry Puffs - The Best Finger Food You'll Ever Eat ...
Recipe From : deliciouseveryday.com2018-05-31 · Most curry puff recipes tend to include regular potatoes, but I loved the idea of using sweet potato, for something a little different. These quickly became a reader-favorite recipe on the blog. (Be sure to grab all my most popular recipes … ...
- Add the sweet potato and coconut cream and cook, covered for 10 minutes. Add the cilantro, and stir through. Allow mixture to cool.
- Cut the pastry into rounds using a cutter or glass and place the mixture into the center of the rounds. Press the edges together to seal, and glaze with the beaten egg.
10 Best Potato Curry Puffs Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-07 · Potato Curry Puffs Recipes 127,245 Recipes. Last updated Jun 07, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 127,245 suggested recipes. Curry Puff Nyonya Cooking. shrimps, oil, wheat flour, salt, curry leaf, onions, garlic cloves and 2 more. Potato Curry Puffs Honest Cooking. potato, frozen puff pastry, milk, onion, chicken, beaten egg and 3 more . Potato Curry Puffs … ... Show details
Curry Puffs with Cucumber Dipping Sauce Recipe by ...
Recipe From : thedailymeal.com2021-05-13 · For the Curry Puffs Step 1: Fill a medium pot with water and add the 2 cups diced potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until parboiled — just starting to get tender but not super soft. Drain, run under cold water and set aside. ...
Spiral Curry Puffs (Karipap Pusing 螺旋咖喱角) | Huang Kitchen
Recipe From : huangkitchen.com2016-03-11 · To make the curry puff pastry, have ready the WATER dough (flour, salt, eggs and water) and OIL dough (flour and melted margarine). Lightly beat the 2 eggs. Combine sifted flour, salt, lightly … ...
- Start by preparing the curry puff filling. Cut chicken into small pieces. Peel and cut the potatoes (sweet potatoes and normal potatoes) into small cubes. Dice big onion and mince garlic and curry leaves.
QUICK CURRY PUFFS RECIPE - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comFeeling like a snicky snack? Try my QUICK CURRY PUFFS! I just have two words: Oh. Lordy. 😍 This #recipe is so easy, you can make them ahead and freeze them,... ... Show details
Deep-fried Chicken Curry Puffs | Foodelicacy
Recipe From : foodelicacy.com2018-06-14 · Fry 3 to 4 curry puffs at a time, turning over occasionally to get even browning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Do NOT allow oil to get too hot (over 185°C), reduce the heat/fire as and when necessary. Drain fried curry puffs … ...
- Dice chicken meat and potatoes into 1-cm cubes. Season chicken with 1/2 tbsp of the curry powder and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Finely chop onions, garlic and curry leaves. Meanwhile, slice hard-boiled eggs into 6 wedges each.
- Heat up 3 tbsp oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, fry onion until softened. Add chopped garlic, curry leaves, and remaining 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder, and continue to stir fry until fragrant. Add potatoes, fry for 1 min to mix well. Pour in water, and let simmer until potatoes are almost soft, and mixture is almost dry. If the mixture gets dry before potatoes are soft enough, add 1 to 2 tbsp water to prevent drying out, as and when needed. Add chicken, continue to stir fry until cooked. Season with remaining 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp of salt, and 1 tsp sugar, or to taste (note: the curry stuffing will be more flavourful if it is just a little saltish, but suited to your taste). Once mixture is dry, dish out and allow to cool completely.
- Sift plain flour, rice flour, corn flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Grate (or dice) cold butter over the flour mixture. Add shortening. Using your fingers, gently rub into the flour mixture, until it becomes sandy and resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Dissolve salt and sugar in water. Add egg yolk and stir till well mixed. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, pour in the water mixture. Mix in with your fingers until the dough comes together (it will be quite sticky at first), picking up all the loose flour until the sides of the bowl comes clean. Do NOT knead or overwork the dough.
Indian Chicken Puff - Chicken Curry Puff Recipe #currypuff
Recipe From : easycookingwithmolly.com2019-05-24 · Process to Make Indian Chicken Puff – Chicken Curry Puff Recipe . Make the Chicken Mix for stuffing the patties; Cutting the puff pastry sheets into equal-sized squares (16) or any shape you like. Adding the cooked chicken mix on each patty/puff… ...
75 Curry Puffs recipes ideas | curry puff recipe, recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comApr 23, 2020 - Explore Richard Tung Yee Hoong's board "Curry Puffs recipes", followed by 19639 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about curry puff recipe, recipes, curry. ...
Sarah Tiong - QUICK CURRY PUFFS RECIPE | Facebook
Recipe From : facebook.comMethod. 1) In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add 4 tablespoons of oil. Once hot, saute the onions for 1-2 minutes or until they start to become translucent. Then add the garlic and saute for a further 2-3 minute until beginning to brown. 2) Then add the … ... Show details
Baked Chicken Curry Puff - El Mundo Eats
Recipe From : elmundoeats.com2018-10-18 · Put some filling in the center and fold the dough together. Pinch the edges and climp. Place the curry puff on a baking tray with a baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the balls. Finally brush … ...
- Using paddle attachment to a standing mixer, whisk butter until fluffy. Then add in egg and mix to combine. Add half of the flour together with salt and turmeric powder. Mix to incorporate. Then add the rest of flour and give it one last mix. You will end up with small crumbs of dough.
- Roughly chop onion and garlic. Place them in a chopper together with anchovies and shrimps. Blend into a fine paste. Set aside.
- Take a ball and roll it into a disk. Put some filling in the center and fold the dough together. Pinch the edges and climp. Place the curry puff on a baking tray with a baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the balls. Finally brush them with the egg wash.