Curry Roast Chicken
CURRY ROAST CHICKEN
this is a spiced up version of roast chicken. do make sure the chicken is totally dry otherwise you won't be able to rub in the butter properly.
Time: 70 minutes
- preheat oven to 180 deg c
- put the lemon zest in the chicken cavity
- in a small bowl combine all the remaining ingredients
- rub the butter blend all over the chicken
- place the chicken on a rack in a pan / baking dish and bake , basting regularly , for 45 minutes to an hour
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- lemon zest
- chili powder
- ground black pepper
CURRIED CHICKEN BREASTS
This sweet and spicy recipe comes from Lee Durels of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put chicken breast halves into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, honey, mustard, curry powder, and salt, and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Pour over chicken; bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (about 1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
THAI CURRIED ROAST CHICKEN
Thai curry paste, available online and in many supermarkets, makes this meal simply delicious. This recipe comes from Esther Moran of Bronx, New York.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a small bowl, combine cilantro, curry paste, oil, honey, chili sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a work surface; slide fingers under skin to loosen it (being careful not to tear skin). Evenly rub half of spice mixture under skin; rub the rest over skin. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack set in a roasting pan. Using kitchen twine, tie legs together; tuck wing tips under.
- Roast until well browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil; continue to roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a platter, and cover loosely with foil; let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce with garlic
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 1/2 pounds), patted dry (giblets, neck, and liver removed)
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
You'll also love
More recipes about curry roast chicken recipes
Roasted Chicken With Curry Rub Recipe - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comIn a small bowl, combine the curry powder, lemon juice, ginger, cumin, and vegetable oil. Rub the mixture all over the chicken and under the skin. Roast the chicken in the … ...
Curry-Roasted Chicken Recipe - Grace Parisi | Food & Wine
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2013-12-07 · Set the chicken breast-side-up on a rack in a roasting pan. Scatter the onion, 4 garlic cloves, tomatoes, chiles and add 1/2 cup of water. Roast for 30 minutes, until the breast is firm and just... ...
Roast Chicken with Curry Paste Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2014-05-28 · Combine curry paste and olive oil in a small bowl. Rinse chicken and dry with paper towels. Gently separate skin from meat over the chicken's breast and legs. Rub the cavity of the chicken with curry paste mixture and rub more curry … ...
- Combine curry paste and olive oil in a small bowl. Rinse chicken and dry with paper towels. Gently separate skin from meat over the chicken's breast and legs. Rub the cavity of the chicken with curry paste mixture and rub more curry mixture under the skin. Place onion quarters in the chicken cavity. Rub remaining paste all over chicken. Place chicken on a rack set inside a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until skin is browned, the juices run clear, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into a chicken thigh, not touching bone, reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 2 hours.
Curried Roast Chicken | Ricardo
Recipe From : ricardocuisine.com2019-01-03 · On a work surface, using a chef’s knife or kitchen shears, remove the chicken’s backbone and push down to open flat. Cut the chicken in half. In a bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, oil, salt, curry powder and paprika. Place the chicken on the prepared … ...
Curry-Rubbed Roast Chicken Recipe: How to Make It | Taste ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comPreheat oven to 350°. Mix 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 2 teaspoons salt with curry powder and garlic. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from chicken breast and upper legs; rub coconut oil mixture under skin. Remove giblets from cavity and save for another use. ...
Roasted Chicken Curry | Roti n Rice
Recipe From : rotinrice.com2015-01-22 · Add 2/3 of the spice paste. Stir to coat chicken. Combine remaining 1/3 spice paste with potatoes. Stir to coat. Transfer chicken and potatoes to a shallow baking dish. Drizzle vegetable oil over the chicken and potatoes. Roast in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes until chicken … ...
- Blend shallots (or onion), garlic, and ginger with ¼ cup (60ml) water. Transfer to a bowl. Add curry and chili powder. Mix to form a paste.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add 2/3 of the spice paste. Stir to coat chicken. Combine remaining 1/3 spice paste with potatoes. Stir to coat.
- Transfer chicken and potatoes to a shallow baking dish. Drizzle vegetable oil over the chicken and potatoes.
Honey Curried Roasted Chicken and Vegetables Recipe ...
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-04-02 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Step 2 Place the chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast 1 hour in the preheated oven. Step 3 ...
- Place the chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a saucepan, mix the honey, mustard, butter, onion, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Leftover Chicken Curry Recipe | Fuss Free Flavours
Recipe From : fussfreeflavours.com2019-07-30 · Chop the onion and fry for a few minutes. Crush and add the garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the turmeric, curry powder, and flour along with the chicken, and then stir until the meat is well coated. Cook for a further two minutes or so, to cook out the taste of the flour and bring out the aroma of the spices. ...
Roast Chicken Leftovers Curry - Easy Peasy Foodie
Recipe From : easypeasyfoodie.com2015-06-24 · When the onions are ready add the chilli, spices, garlic and ginger and stir for 1 minute on a low heat, then add the chicken, cooked sweet potatoes, tomato puree, ground almonds, yogurt and … ...
- Put the butter and the sliced onion in a large frying pan. Put the lid on and put the pan on a really low heat to sweat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn it off if the onions start to brown but leave the lid on.
- Put the chopped sweet potato into a saucepan and pour over boiling water. Bring back to the boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- When the onions are ready add the chilli, spices, garlic and ginger and stir for 1 minute on a low heat, then add the chicken, cooked sweet potatoes, tomato puree, ground almonds, yogurt and enough boiling water to make a thickish sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes, adding more water if it gets too thick.
Leftover Chicken Curry - Mama Loves to Cook
Recipe From : mamalovestocook.com2020-02-14 · Heat oil in saucepan. Add onion and salt and fry over medium heat until soft - around 10 minutes Add garlic and ginger and stir for 2 minutes Add spices and stir for around 2 minutes until the fragrance starts filling the kitchen. ...
Massaman curry roast chicken recipe | BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.com2011-01-14 · Mix 1 tsp of the curry paste with the oil, rub it all over the chicken, then season with salt and pepper. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6, cover the … ...
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin or large casserole. Roughly chop half the ginger and put into the cavity of the chicken with the lemongrass and half the lime, then tie the legs together with string. Mix 1 tsp of the curry paste with the oil, rub it all over the chicken, then season with salt and pepper. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6, cover the chicken loosely with foil, then put it in to roast. After 35 mins, take the foil off the bird. Add the potatoes to the tin, then stir them around in any juices. Roast for another 40 mins until the chicken is cooked through and golden and the potatoes are tender.
- Take the chicken out of the tin and leave to rest, loosely covered. Put the tin on the hob, add the remaining curry paste, grate in the remaining ginger, then fry for 2 mins until fragrant. Stir in the coconut milk and sugar, then boil for about 5 mins until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Tip in the beans, simmer for 4 more mins (or until tender), then splash in the fish sauce, any resting juices and squeeze over the remaining lime. Scatter with the peanuts for the authentic Massaman flavour. Carve the chicken and serve with the saucy potatoes and basmati rice.
Curried-Chicken and Vegetable Pan Roast Recipe - Grace ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2013-12-07 · Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables. Roast for about 40 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until the vegetables are nearly tender and the chicken is nearly cooked through. Pour... ...
- Preheat the oven to 450° and position racks in the upper and middle thirds. In a very large bowl, toss the butternut squash with the brussels sprouts, onion wedges and 1/2 cup of the canola oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on 2 large, sturdy rimmed baking sheets.
- In the same bowl, combine the cup of yogurt with the ginger, garlic, curry powder and the remaining 1/2 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss until thoroughly coated. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables. Roast for about 40 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until the vegetables are nearly tender and the chicken is nearly cooked through. Pour off any accumulated liquid in the pans and roast for about 20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is lightly browned. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a platter and serve with warm naan and yogurt.
Oven Roasted Curry Chicken Recipe. - CaribbeanPot.com
Recipe From : caribbeanpot.com2016-06-05 · Simple Oven Roasted Curry Chicken Recipe. Published On . 2016-06-05. Preparation Time. 0H10M. Cook Time. 0H50M. Total Time. 1H0M. Average Rating. 3 Based on 30 Review(s) You may also enjoy: The Ultimate Smoked Turkey Callaloo (soup). The Ultimate Masala Chicken. Caribbean (brown) Stewed Chicken With Spinach (bhagi). Soy Sauce Marinated Fried Chicken. Share: … ...
Roasted Whole Chicken Curry Recipe - How To Make -Methods ...
Recipe From : foods.imnepal.com2019-08-08 · #6 How to serve and eat the Roasted Whole Chicken Curry Recipe. The smell of roast chicken already invades the kitchen when you realize that you have nothing to accompany your meat. Do not panic, here are some ideas for the dish to be accompanied with this delicious recipe. Potatoes with roast chicken is a safe bet! In fries, mashed potatoes, sauteed or roasted in the oven. Potatoes … ... Show details
Roasted Chicken With Classic or Curry Soubise (Onion Sauce ...
Recipe From : seriouseats.comStir in cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer hot onions and cream to a blender. Add curry powder or vadouvan if using, and blend, starting at low speed and gradually increasing to high, until a smooth sauce forms. If desired, pass sauce through a fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids with a spoon, for an even more refined texture. ... Show details
Chinese Curry Roasted Chicken Recipe | Hint Of Helen
Recipe From : hintofhelen.com2019-02-04 · Place the chopped onions into a large roasting dish, and lay the chicken on top Place the curry concentrate into a small bowl, and use your hands to rub this paste all over the chicken, taking care to also rub it under the skin of the chicken. Brush the chicken all over with vegetable oil then place in the oven and allow to cook for 1 hr 20 mins ...
Curry Chicken Breasts Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, curry powder, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken. Add onion. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 9-11 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. ... Show details
Thai-Curry Roast Chicken | Thrifty Foods Recipes
Recipe From : thriftyfoods.comPlace the marinated chicken in a shallow-sided roasting pan lined with parchment paper. Tie the chicken legs together. Brush the chicken with the marinade. Roast for 90 minutes, or until the temperature in the centre of a thigh, not touching the bone, registers 185°F on an instant-read meat thermometer. ...
Thai Green Curry Roast Chicken - The Flavor Bender
Recipe From : theflavorbender.com2015-03-03 · Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Mix the rest of the green curry paste with the coconut milk and cayenne pepper in the roasting dish. Add the butter as well. Place the chicken in the roasting dish (breast-side up). ...
Easy Thai Roast Chicken Red Curry @ Not Quite Nigella
Recipe From : notquitenigella.com2015-04-09 · 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (optional) Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Mix the curry paste, oil, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, salt and sugar in a bowl. Brush just over half of the mixture all over the chicken and on the pumpkin pieces. Drizzle the pumpkin with a little extra oil. Roast … ... Show details
Thai green curry roast chicken recipe | BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.com2019-03-21 · Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cover the tin with foil and roast for 40 mins, then remove the foil and roast for another 30 mins until the chicken is cooked … ...
- Sit the chicken in a flameproof roasting tin or shallow casserole dish and stuff the lemongrass, lime halves and ginger in the cavity. Mix half the curry paste with the oil and use your hands to smear the curry paste all over the chicken and under the skin. Can be prepared up to a day ahead and left to marinate, covered, in the fridge. Take out an hour before roasting.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cover the tin with foil and roast for 40 mins, then remove the foil and roast for another 30 mins until the chicken is cooked through and golden. Lift the chicken, draining the roasting juices back into the tin, and sit on a board or dish that will catch the juices. Use a pair of tongs to remove the lime, lemongrass and ginger from the cavity and place them in the tin with the remaining curry paste and brown sugar.
- Place the tin back on the heat and sizzle everything together, squashing the lime with the back of a spoon until everything is sticky. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer, stirring well, then add any resting juices and the fish sauce. Simmer again briefly, then sit the chicken back in the tin and scatter with coriander, if using, and the chilli. Bring the chicken to the table and serve with rice and greens with the curry sauce spooned over, and extra lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Curry Roasted Chicken and New Potatoes | Cooking On The Ranch
Recipe From : highlandsranchfoodie.com2011-12-11 · Rub curry powder all over 4 chicken legs, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, add oil. When oil is … ...
Curry Roasted Chicken - Recipe | Spice Trekkers
Recipe From : spicetrekkers.comRecipes list; Curry Roasted Chicken. When most people think of curry and chicken, they think of a simmered dish with a sauce, but curry is also a great way to season a simple roast chicken. Ingredients. 1 medium chicken 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 Tbsp Wholesome Curry or Mild Curry, ground ... ... Show details
Spiced roast chicken | Chicken Recipes | Jamie Oliver Recipes
Recipe From : jamieoliver.com2015-09-16 · Roughly chop the onions and add to the roasting tray along with the cinnamon stick, cloves, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, then whisk in the flour. Pour in the stock or water, then place this … ...
- Get a roasting tray slightly bigger than the chicken, then add all of the marinade ingredients and 2 level teaspoons of sea salt and mix together well.
- Put on a pair of clean rubber gloves, then really massage those flavours over and inside the chicken so it’s smeared everywhere.
- Don’t be shy! Ideally marinate overnight in the fridge.Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and organize your shelves so the roasting tray can sit right at the bottom, the chicken can sit directly above it, right on the bars of the shelf, and the potatoes can go at the top.
Green Thai Curry Roast Chicken | Street Kitchen
Recipe From : streetkitchen.coStir in Thai Green curry paste, coconut milk sachet, stock and cherry tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes. After 25 minute cook time, remove chicken from oven and reduce temperature 180°C/160°C (fan-forced). Place roasted chicken and any pan juices into curry. Make sure to leave the chicken … ... Show details
Curried Roast Chicken With Grapefruit, Honey and Thyme ...
Recipe From : cooking.nytimes.comPlace the chicken breast-side up in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapefruit juice, honey, curry powder and thyme. Spoon all the mixture over the chicken, making sure it is evenly covered. Roast the chicken … ...
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Pat the chicken dry and season it well with salt and pepper, both inside and out. Place the chicken breast-side up in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapefruit juice, honey, curry powder and thyme. Spoon all the mixture over the chicken, making sure it is evenly covered.
- Roast the chicken for 30 minutes, basting every 15 minutes or so. Turn heat down to 325 degrees and continue basting the chicken with the pan juices until the skin is lacquered with sauce and the chicken registers 165 degrees with an instant thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh, about 45 to 50 minutes more. If skin is starting to become too dark, tent with foil. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving.