OVERNIGHT CHERRY DANISH
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add yeast mixture, cream and egg yolks; stir until mixture forms a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Refrigerate, covered, overnight., Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 4 portions. Roll each portion into an 18x4-in. rectangle; cut into 4x1-in. strips. , Place 2 strips side by side; twist together. Shape into a ring and pinch ends together. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining strips. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes., Preheat oven to 350°. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each Danish. Fill each with about 1 tablespoon pie filling. Bake 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool., For icing, in a bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and enough cream to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over Danish.
Make this delicious, beautiful and very simple stovetop dessert well in advance or right before serving. You can get fine results from frozen cherries (they come pitted and unsweetened in sealed plastic bags), if fresh are unavailable. No need to defrost before using.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1) Place cherries in a heavy medium-sized saucepan, and cook over medium heat, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 2) Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl. Add lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Stir this into the hot cherries, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thick (5 to 8 minutes).
- 3) Remove from heat and stir in lemon rind, almond extract and slivered almonds. Serve hot, warm, room, temperature, or cold, top with whipped cream, whipped ricotta or yogurt.
- Place cherries in a heavy medium-sized saucepan, and cook over medium heat, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl. Add lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Stir this into the hot cherries, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thick, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, almond extract, and slivered almonds.
- Serve hot, warm, room, temperature, or cold, top with whipped cream, whipped ricotta, or yogurt. Enjoy!
People also searched
More about "danish cherries recipes"
EASY CHERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH | EASY & TASTY RECIPE FROM ...
2020-08-10 · Mix and cook for around 8-10 minutes until the mixture thickens. Keep aside and let it reach room temperature. In a bowl add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and …
- Put all the ingredients of cherry filling in a pot. Mix and cook for around 8-10 minutes until the mixture thickens. Keep aside and let it reach room temperature.
- In a bowl add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Mark around 0.5-inch border around each square. Prick the center with a fork so that it rises lesser than the border.
EASY CHERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH WITH VANILLA GLAZE
2017-08-08 · Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll out the thawed pastry dough on a lightly floured surface, into a 9 x 12 rectangle. Cut the dough in half lengthwise, then cut each half into thirds. Using a pastry …
- Combine cherries, water, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch in a small sauce pan. Bring the cherry mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 to 10 minutes. The cherry sauce will start to thicken significantly. Turn off heat and stir in almond extract. Allow the filling to cool while thawing the pastry dough, at room temperature, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Roll out the thawed pastry dough on a lightly floured surface, into a 9 x 12 rectangle. Cut the dough in half lengthwise, then cut each half into thirds. Using a pastry wheel or small knife, score a border ½ inch around the edge of each rectangle.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture into the middle of each piece of dough. Spread the cream cheese evenly, trying to make sure the mixture stays within the borders.
CHERRY DANISH - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
2020-05-18 · Make sure to have at least 2 cherries on each danish or they will look flat and not full of fruit. Bake in the oven for 10 to 11 minutes, or until the edges are …
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to clean the sides of the bowl as you are mixing. Set cream cheese mixture aside.
- Open only one package of crescent rolls and remove them from the tube. Do not unroll them, instead keep them in a long cylinder shape and place them on a cutting board. TIP: The crescent rolls will dry out and not shape easily if left on the counter. This is why we recommend freezing them and then cooking them in batches.
EASY CHERRY CHEESE DANISH RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
2020-09-19 · Mix cream cheese, sugar and Bourbon in a bowl. Put one scant teaspoon in the middle of each corner of the pastry. Place one cherry and small amount of filling …
- Leaving a ½ centimeter edge, start ½ centimeter in from the corner and cut parallel to one side not quite to the middle. Start from where you cut at the corner and make an L going down the other side but not all the way to the middle. Do this on each corner. (see photo for example)
CHERRY DANISH | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
2020-12-24 · Make sure to have at least 3 cherries on each danish or they will look flat and not full of fruit. EIGHTH STEP: Bake in the oven for 10-11 minutes, or until the …
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat softened cream cheese, sugar and almond extract until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to clean the sides of the bowl as you are mixing. Set cream cheese mixture aside.
- Open only one package of crescent rolls and remove them from the tube. Do not unroll them, instead keep them in a long cylinder shape and place on a cutting board. (The crescent rolls will dry out and not shape easily if left on the counter. This is why we recommend freezing them and then cooking in batches).
EASY DANISH RECIPE CHEESE & CHERRY - ALYONA’S COOKING
2016-03-07 · Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Roll out sheets of pastries to 10″ by 15″ rectangles. Cut each …
- Take one strip of dough holding down one end; take the other end and swirl the strip to make a spiral. Then wrap spiral around clockwise to form a round shape.
- Attach another strip of dough to the end of the first swirl and repeat likewise pinching down the end of the dough to seal the swirl.
14 EASY CHERRY DESSERTS - RECIPES WITH FRESH CHERRIES ...
2020-09-22 · Sally Quinn. 8 of 14. Cherry Puff Pastry Pies. Store-bought puff pastry = best cherry pie shortcut ever. Get the recipe from Delish. Courtesy of Butter and …
DANISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING WITH CHERRY SAUCE
2012-11-25 · The dessert is made out of rice pudding mixed with whipped cream, vanilla, and chopped almonds. The delicious and easy dessert is usually served cold with …
EASY CHERRY CHEESE DANISH - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
2021-07-27 · My Easy Cherry Cheese Danish recipe is the perfect combination of cherries, cream cheese, preserves, lemon juice, and sugar. With a few staple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you too can whip up these cherry …
60 DELICIOUS CHERRY RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER
2018-06-05 · Overnight Cherry Danish These rolls with their cherry-filled centers melt in your mouth and store well, unfrosted, in the freezer. —Leann Sauder, Tremont, Illinois . Go to Recipe…
8 FABULOUS CHERRY RECIPES FOR FRESH OR FROZEN CHERRIES ...
2021-06-03 · Favorite Collections » 8 Fabulous Cherry Recipes for Fresh or Frozen Cherries. 8 Fabulous Cherry Recipes for Fresh or Frozen Cherries. Published: Jun 3, 2021 · Modified: Jun 3, 2021 by Elaine · This post may contain Amazon affiliate links · …
See details »
DANISH SWEET CHERRY SAUCE - CANNING AND COOKING RECIPES
2017-07-16 · Turn off heat. Allow jars to sit in canner for 5 minutes before removing. Set jars on rack or towel out of drafts and allow to cool. Remove screw band, label and store. water in a saucepan. Add 1 pint Danish Cherry Sauce. Bring to a boil over. medium …
See details »
24 EASY CHERRY DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
- Mini Cherry Cheesecake. They may be small, but they’re definitely big in flavor. These mini-cherry cheesecakes are insanely addictive! The recipe makes 4 dozen, but don’t be fooled.
- Cherry Ice Cream. Looking for a refreshing treat to cool you down on a hot summer day? Look no further – this cherry ice cream is the one for you. It’s super creamy, wonderfully sweet, and mildly tangy.
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies. Cherries and chocolate make one heck of a combo! Case in point: these chocolate cherry brownies. You guys? These brownies are THE BOMB.
- Cherry Chocolate Loaf. Don’t be fooled by its name: this cherry chocolate loaf is not like bread at all. Instead, it’s a ridiculously moist cake that’s so tender, it practically melts in your mouth.
- Cherry Pie. Ahh… the signature cherry dessert. This cherry pie is happiness you can eat. If you’re looking for an easy recipe that will make your grandma proud, this is it!
- Black Forest Cake. With this decadent black forest cake, my self-control has been completely thrown out the window. It’s a cake that you just can’t eat one slice of.
- Easy Cherry Dump Cake. Love dessert and cherries, but don’t have the time to make a cake? This easy cherry dump cake is the answer. This cake is unbelievably easy to make.
- Cherry Bars. These cherry bars taste just as good as cherry pie, but they’re 10 times easier to make. This dessert is for those who are just too busy to make cherry pie from scratch.
- Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes. These cherry cupcakes are to die for! Maraschino cherries flavor both the cupcake and the frosting, giving them wonderful cherry and almond flavors.
- Cherry Strudel. Five ingredients and 40 minutes: that’s all it takes to make this lip-smacking cherry strudel! Warm and sweet cherry pie filling nestled inside a puff pastry and baked until golden brown?
SOUR CHERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH BRAID | THE LEMON APRON
2019-08-06 · In a bowl, using a hand mixer or even just a wooden spoon, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, zest and extract, add the egg and beat till just combined. Set the bowl into …
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer or even just a wooden spoon, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, zest and extract, add the egg and beat till just combined.
- Combine the pitted cherries, the sugar and cornstarch in a bowl, and let sit as you deal with the pastry.
- Unroll each pastry sheet onto it's own baking sheet. Keep the parchment that it was lined in underneath. This gives you a ready made liner.
CHERRY DANISH – JULIA PACHECO
2021-04-21 · Spread 1 tbs of the cream cheese mixture on each of the biscuits and about 3 of the cherries from the cherry pie filling. Bake for 12-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. To make the glaze whisk all of the “Glaze” ingredients together, if too thick add a little more milk. Let the danishes …
CHERRY CHEESE DANISH PASTRIES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
2014-10-30 · Easy Cherry Cheese Danish Pastries: Omit the first 10 ingredients. Instead of making the dough as directed in Steps 1 through 3, thaw one 16-ounce loaf frozen sweet roll dough according to …
- In a small bowl stir yeast into the warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. (Be sure to check the temperature of the water with an instant-read thermometer. If it is not hot enough, it will not activate the yeast; if it is too hot, it will kill the yeast. In either case, the dough will not rise.) In a large mixing bowl beat the 1/4 cup butter, the granulated sugar, and the salt with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add 1/2 cup of the flour and the milk. Add the egg and egg yolk. Add softened yeast; beat until well mixed. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, stirring until smooth and dough comes together. Cover bowl; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 2 hours). Refrigerate dough for at least 4 hours or up to 6 hours or until completely chilled. (Or omit the 2-hour rising time and refrigerate dough for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours.)
- Roll chilled dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle. Arrange half of the butter slices evenly on dough; lightly press butter into dough. Fold dough crosswise into thirds. Rotate dough a quarter turn to the right. Roll dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle. Arrange the remaining butter slices evenly on dough; lightly press butter into dough. Fold dough crosswise into thirds. Rotate dough a quarter turn to the right. Roll again to a 15x10-inch rectangle; fold crosswise into thirds. Give dough a quarter turn to the right.
- Roll folded dough into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Cut dough into twelve 3-inch squares. Place pastry squares on the prepared baking sheet. For each pastry, lift a corner of a dough square and fold it to the center; press lightly to seal. Fold the remaining three corners of the dough square to center, pressing lightly to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough squares. Using the rounded side of a floured tablespoon, press firmly in the center of each pastry to make an indentation.
CHERRY DANISH WITH CREAM CHEESE AND ALMONDS - SIMPLY HOME ...
2018-06-28 · Tips for making Cherry Danish Recipe. One of my favorite things about this easy cherry danish recipe is that I don’t have to do a ton of prep work. Using a ready-made puff pastry dough …
45 FRESH SUMMER CHERRY RECIPES TO SWEETEN YOUR WEEK | FOOD ...
See details »
CHERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH - DELICIOUSLY SEASONED
2021-06-26 · An easy and delicious Cherry Cream Cheese Danish recipe that is sure to please and is super easy to make. Course brunch, Dessert. Cuisine American. Keyword Cherry Cream Cheese Danish, Cherry Danish, Cream Cheese Danish, Danish. Prep Time 30 minutes. Cook Time 25 minutes. Servings 8. Ingredients. For The Cherry Filling . 2 cups fresh cherries…
See details »
MINI CHERRY CHEESE DANISHES RECIPE - FLAVORITE
2015-12-08 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the filling by mixing cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Open the container of rolls and do no unroll them. Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut through them like slice/bake cookies.
14 BEST BLACK CHERRY RECIPES IDEAS | CHERRY RECIPES ...
Dec 20, 2017 - Explore Tami brinkman's board "Black Cherry recipes" on Pinterest. See more ideas about cherry recipes, recipes, food.
See details »
KETO CHERRY DANISH RECIPE (YOUR COFFEE'S NEW BFF) | HIP2KETO
2021-04-09 · In a small saucepan, over low-medium heat, add in cherries, keto sweetener, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and vanilla extract. Mash cherries and stir together, let cherries simmer for about 5 minutes. 6 Add a dollop of cherry filling to the center of each biscuit.
See details »
DANISH CHERRIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
Danish cherries is the best recipe for foodies. It will take approx 25 minutes to cook. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make danish cherries at your home.. The ingredients or substance mixture for danish cherries recipe that are useful to cook such type of recipes …
See details »
EASY CHERRY DANISH BITES WITH ALMOND DRIZZLE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
2021-07-05 · Easy Cherry Danish Recipe. Easy Cherry Danish with just 2 ingredients plus a simple almond glaze – this is an easy breakfast or brunch recipe to use up cherries and biscuit dough! Prep Time 15 minutes. Cook Time 25 minutes. Total Time 40 minutes. Yield 16 bites. Serving Size 1 danish. Save Saved! Leave a Review Print Recipe. Ingredients. 1 recipe Cherry Pie Filling or 1 20-ounce …
See details »
celebrity danish 30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion low-protein healthy breakfast desserts fruit scandinavian european dinner-party holiday-event summer vegetarian dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol seasonal low-saturated-fat low-calorie healthy-2 low-in-something pitted-fruit cherries novelty