DATE WALNUT LOAF
This is the date loaf I've been making for years, originally found in a FiveRoses cookbook, I think. I like to spread a little butter on slices of it and have it with tea.
Provided by Lennie
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350F; spray a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray like Pam, and set aside.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, pour boiling water over baking soda so that soda dissolves.
- Place dates in a mixing bowl and pour water/soda mixture over dates; let cool.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a different bowl, beat the egg with an electric mixer, then slowly add the brown sugar, beating well after each addition.
- To the egg/sugar mixture, add cooled date mixture, toasted nuts and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Now, add the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for approximately 55 minutes, or until loaf tests done.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan, then cool completely on a rack.
DATE NUT BREAD
- Combine baking soda with the boiling water. Soak the dates in the water and baking soda solution for 30 minutes.
- Cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs, vanilla, dates, nuts, flour, and salt.
- Divide batter equally between two 9 x 5 (or 8 1/2 x 4 1/2) inch greased loaf pans. Bake 1 hour at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) (or until loaf tests done). Can be frozen when cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.9 calories, Carbohydrate 42.2 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 276.3 mg, Sugar 22.7 g
DATE NUT LOAF CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring dates and water to a boil. Stir in 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar until melted. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place date mixture into a large bowl. Blend in flour, eggs and vanilla. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Serve slices with Warm Sauce.
- To make Warm Sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/4 cup butter with cream and brown sugar. Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386 calories, Carbohydrate 48.4 g, Cholesterol 55.1 mg, Fat 20.9 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 198.3 mg, Sugar 33.7 g
DATE NUT BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Put the dates, walnuts, baking soda, salt and shortening in a bowl. Pour the boiling water over and stir. Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Using a fork, beat the eggs and sugar together in a bowl. Add the flours and stir; the batter will be too stiff to mix well. Add the date mixture and mix briskly until the batter is well blended. Spoon into the loaf pan and bake 40 to 50 minutes. Check the loaf often; it is done when a few moist crumbs cling to a straw inserted in the middle of the loaf. The bread will continue to bake after it is removed from the oven. Do not overbake, or the loaf will be dry.
- When the loaf is done, slide a knife around the edges of the pan and turn the loaf onto a rack to cool completely. This bread freezes well.
DATE NUT SPICE BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom of an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, then butter and flour the pan.
- Combine the dates and orange liqueur in a small bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl. With the mixer on low, add the egg, vanilla, and orange zest. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. With the mixer still on low, add the flour mixture alternately with the orange juice to the creamed mixture, beating only until combined. By hand, stir in the dates with their liquid, and the pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, sugar, and orange zest on medium speed until just combined.
- Slice the bread and serve with the orange cream cheese on the side for spreading.
WALNUT DATE LOAF
"I discovered this nutty bread when my aunt gave our family a bunch of dates and we didn't know what to do with them," recalls Karen-Jean Coxe of Ione, California. "I simply love it!"
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf, 16 servings, 1 slice per serving.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine the dates, water and oil; let stand for 10 minutes (do not drain). Add the brown sugar, egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into date mixture just until combined. Fold in walnuts., Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 126mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
WONDERFUL DATE AND NUT MINI LOAF BREADS
One of the best recipes for date loaf...this recipe makes four mini loaves, if desired you may freeze a couple, they freeze very well --- servings is only estimated, raisins may be replaced for the dates or for the holidays use candied cherries in place of the dates, or half of each.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease four 6x3-inch mini loaf pans.
- In a bowl sift first 5 ingredients.
- Combine 1/4 of the flour mixture with the chopped dates and nuts; toss to coat.
- In another bowl combine butter and sugar; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and beat well then add in the vanilla, almond extract, and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in dry ingredients alternately with milk beating after each addition.
- Fold in the dates/flour mixture by hand, then spoon into prepared mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until loaves test done.
WHOLE-WHEAT DATE NUT BREAD
This date-sweetened whole-wheat quickbread makes a much-appreciated holiday or hostess gift because it holds up well for several days and is a wholesome breakfast treat. The spread of tangy Neufchatel cheese balances the sweet-nutty flavor of the dates and pecans. Martha made this recipe on "Martha Bakes" episode 813.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 9-inch loaf
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with oil. In a medium bowl, pour hot water over dates and let stand until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in oil, egg, and vanilla. In another bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, salt, pecans, and brown sugar. Fold egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a tester inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, about 65 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack, 20 minutes, then turn out bread and let cool completely. Wrap in parchment if giving as a gift, or slice and spread with Neufchatel and serve. (Loaf can be tightly wrapped and stored at room temperature up to 3 days.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 g, Cholesterol 13 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 140 g
DATE-NUT YEAST BREAD
"For breakfast, this bread is delicious toasted, buttered and topped with cinnamon-sugar," writes Roseanne Farulli, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed)., Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add dates and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 230mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
DATE & WALNUT LOAF
Bake this rich date and walnut loaf at the weekend to enjoy during the week. You can freeze it for another day to serve to last-minute guests, too
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 2lb loaf tin (ours was 22 x 10cm and 6cm deep) and line with baking parchment. Put the butter, dates and bicarbonate of soda (which helps break down the dates) in a large bowl and add 150ml boiling water. Give it a stir so the butter melts, and leave to stand for around 20 mins until the dates have softened.
- Whisk in the sugar until smooth, then gradually whisk in the eggs until combined. Beat in the baking powder, flour and a pinch of sea salt until there are no lumps of flour left and it's smooth. Fold in three-quarters of the walnuts, then pour into the prepared tin. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts over the top.
- Bake for 20 mins, then turn the oven down to 170C/150C fan/gas 3 and cook for another 45-50 mins until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 15 mins, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Lightly dust with the icing sugar and serve in slices. Freeze whole or cut into slices, then place in an airtight container or divide between reusable freezer bags. Can be frozen for up to three months. Defrost thoroughly overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479 calories, Fat 23 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 59 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 37 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "date nut loaf recipes"
DATE NUT LOAF RECIPE | OLD-FASHIONED - FOOD …
5/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 271 per serving
OLD-FASHIONED DATE-NUT BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan., Place the dates, butter, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 15 minutes., Add the egg, vanilla, liquor, baking powder, and flour, beating gently until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts., Pour the batter into the pan, gently tapping the pan on the counter to settle the batter., Bake the bread for 45 to 55 minutes, tenting the loaf gently with foil after 30 minutes, to prevent over-browning.
CLASSIC MOIST DATE NUT BREAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DATE NUT BREAD • THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
DATE NUT LOAF | RECIPE - KELLOGG'S
DATE & NUT LOAF RECIPE - OLD SKOOL RECIPES
DATE NUT LOAF | ALL-BRAN*
ORANGE DATE NUT BREAD RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
GRANDPA'S DATE NUT ROLL - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
OLD FASHIONED DATE NUT BREAD - MY DELICIOUS BLOG
DATE AND WALNUT BREAD RECIPE & VIDEO
DATE NUT LOAF FROM VAN DE KAMPS | COOKSTR.COM
NANA’S DATE NUT LOAF | CAKES | SBS FOOD
VEGAN DATE AND WALNUT LOAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRANDMA'S DATE NUT LOAVES - BAKED IN CANS - COOKING WITH CARLEE
MINI DATE NUT BREAD LOAVES RECIPE - A MAMA'S CORNER OF THE WORLD
10 BEST DATE NUT BREAD MOLASSES RECIPES | YUMMLY
DATE AND NUT LOAF CAKE - HOT CHOCOLATE HITS
SPICED DATE AND WALNUT LOAF - SALTY GINGER
DATE NUT BREAD - RECIPES FOR HOLIDAYS
DATE NUT BREAD (EASY, VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE LOAF) - BIANCA ZAPATKA
RECIPE: DATE NUT BREAD (DATE BOX RECIPE 60'S OR 70'S)
OLD-FASHIONED DATE NUT BREAD - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
QUICK AND EASY HEALTHY DATE LOAF RECIPE | MY SUGAR FREE KITCHEN
HEALTHY DATE LOAF RECIPE - COOK IT REAL GOOD
MRS R'S DATE & NUT LOAF | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
DATE & NUT LOAF RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
DATE NUT LOAF CAKE | RECIPE | DATE AND WALNUT LOAF, NUT LOAF, RECIPES
DATE NUT BREAD - MY COUNTRY TABLE
THE MOST AMAZING DATE AND WALNUT CAKE - AMY TREASURE
DATE NUT BREAD - A TENDER, HEARTY, LOW FAT CLASSIC - THE WILD OLIVE
DATE WALNUT LOAF - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
DATE NUT BREAD - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
PUMPKIN, DATE, AND NUT LOAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC DATE NUT LOAF - HOMESPUNCAFE
BAKEOLOGY 101: INA GARTEN'S DATE NUT LOAF - BLOGGER
HEALTHY & MOIST DATE NUT BREAD — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breads #eggs-dairy #dietary #quick-breads #brunch #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love