i found this recipe in an old copy of family circle. we have been enjoying this drink at barbeques for years. try it and i'm sure it will become a favorite of yours as well.
Time: 3 minutes
- place strawberries and ice in the container of an electric blender
- add remaining ingredients andblend on low speed 10- 30 seconds , or until smooth and creamy
- garnish with a fresh berry
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- light rum
- orange juice
- cream of coconut
I found this recipe in an old copy of Family Circle. We have been enjoying this drink at barbeques for years. Try it and I'm sure it will become a favorite of yours as well.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Michelle S.
Yield 1 serving(s)
- Place strawberries and ice in the container of an electric blender.
- Add remaining ingredients andblend on low speed 10- 30 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with a fresh berry.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 3 -4 medium strawberries
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces cream of coconut
OL' FUSKIE FRIED CRAB RICE
This is a recipe I found in GULLAH HOME COOKING, THE DAUFUSKIE WAY by Sallie Ann Robinson, foreword by Pat Conroy. Those of you who live in the Low Country of South Carolina know that there is a Dausfuskie Island. Pat Conroy wrote about this island in a book called,"The Water is Wide." It was also made into a movie. This recipe is bascially crab fried rice without the eggs or carrots and peas that you find in some fried rice. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do, I think I'll add the carrots and peas for color and more crab meat,because I like lots of meat. Note: I think that leftover rice will work.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by mightyro_cooking4u
Yield 4 serving(s)
- Measure dry rice, then rinse and drain it several times. Put it, the warm water, and a pinch of salt in a medium pot. Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer 20 minutes or more, until the rice is done and the water is absorbed.
- Fry the bacon until crispy in a 12-inch skillet; when the bacon is done, remove it from the pan, set aside, and crumble when cool.
- Add the oil to the bacon fat in the skillet, heat, then add the celery, bell pepper, and onion.
- Stir-fry until the onions are clear,then add the crab and cook another 5 to 10 minutes until the crab begins to brown.
- Add the crumbled bacon, cooked rice, and garlic powder, along with salt and pepper to taste, and stir constantly until evenly combined.
- Cover the mixture and simmer for at least 10 minutes. (If you like a meatier mixture, just use more crab and less rice.).
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2-2 lbs crabmeat (lump and claw)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
DEVILED CRAB TART
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Serves 6 as a main course
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin roll out dough into a 14-inch round (about 1/8 inch thick) and fit into an 11-inch round tart pan with a removable fluted rim. Roll rolling pin over top of shell to trim dough flush with rim and lightly press dough up side of pan. With a fork prick bottom and side of shell all over. Chill shell 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Line shell with foil and fill with pie weights or raw rice. Bake shell in middle of oven 25 minutes and carefully remove foil and weights or rice. Bake shell until just pale golden, about 8 minutes more. (Leave oven on.) Shell may be made 8 hours ahead and kept in pan, loosely covered, at room temperature.
- Finely chop onion, bell pepper, and celery and in a heavy skillet cook vegetables in butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until bell pepper is softened.
- Increase temperature to 425°F.
- Pick over crab meat and drain roasted peppers. Finely chop roasted peppers, parsley, and scallion greens, reserving whites for another use. In a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs and gently stir in onion mixture, crab, roasted peppers, parsley, scallion, cayenne, and salt to taste.
- Spoon filling into shell, smoothing top, and sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs. Bake tart in middle of oven until top is golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve tart warm or at room temperature.
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- pastry dough
- pie weights or raw rice for weighting shell
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 celery ribs
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo lump crab meat
- a 7-ounce jar roasted peppers
- 2/3 cup packed fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons fine fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
15-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion for-1-or-2 low-protein healthy 5-ingredients-or-less beverages fruit easy summer cocktails food-processor-blender dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol seasonal low-calorie low-carb healthy-2 low-in-something berries strawberries equipment small-appliance number-of-servings 3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
More recipes about daufuskie freeze recipes
Daufuskie Freeze- TfRecipes
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comDAUFUSKIE FREEZE. I found this recipe in an old copy of Family Circle. We have been enjoying this drink at barbeques for years. Try it and I'm sure it will become a favorite of yours as well. Recipe From food.com. Provided by Michelle S. Time 3m. Yield 1 serving(s) Steps: Place strawberries and ice in the container of an electric blender. Add remaining ingredients andblend on low speed 10- 30 ... ... Show details
daufuskie freeze recipe - webetutorial
Recipe From : webetutorial.comDaufuskie freeze is the best recipe for foodies. It will take approx 3 minutes to cook. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make daufuskie freeze at your home.. The ingredients or substance mixture for daufuskie freeze recipe that are useful to cook such type of recipes … ... Show details
World Best Healthy Food: Daufuskie Freeze
Recipe From : worldbesthealthrecipes.blogspot.comDaufuskie Freeze Total Time: 3 mins Preparation Time: 3 mins Ingredients. Servings: 1; 3 -4 medium strawberries ; 1 cup crushed ice ; 1 1/2 ounces light rum ; 2 ounces orange juice ; 1 1/2 ounces cream of coconut ; Recipe. 1 place strawberries and ice in the container of an electric blender. 2 add remaining ingredients andblend on low speed 10- 30 seconds, or until smooth and creamy. 3 garnish ... ... Show details
Daufuskie Freeze Recipe | ChampsDiet.com
Recipe From : champsdiet.comHealthy recipes - discover ChampsDiet healthy recipes, including healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. Good food ideas, family meal recipes. ... Show details
Daufuskie Freeze Rum Drink Recipe | Rum drinks recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.co.ukOct 16, 2016 - This Pin was discovered by Cindy Morse. Discover (and save!) your own Pins on Pinterest ... Show details
Fish Daufuskie Recipe mytymyt - Chowhound
Recipe From : chowhound.com1 Mix mayonnaise and mustard enough vermouth to make a paste. 2 Place fish in appropriate baking dish and squeeze lemon or lime juice over it. seasoning may not be necessary. 3 Mask entire fish with … ...
- Place fish in appropriate baking dish and squeeze lemon or lime juice over it. seasoning may not be necessary.
Pool Bar Jim shows how to make a Daufuskie Freeze | Frozen ...
Recipe From : pinterest.frOct 3, 2019 - Frozen cocktail-maker extraordinaire Jim Lisenby, of Hilton Head Island — known to legions as "Pool Bar Jim" — shows how to make the Lowcountry favorite that is a Daufuskie freeze. ... Show details
Baked Fish Daufuskie Recipe - All About Baked Thing Recipe
Recipe From : bakedfoodrecipe.blogspot.com2021-02-19 · Baked fish daufuskie recipe. Add ingredients of sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Generously spray foil with cooking spray. Heat oven to 400 f. We ve included our favorite ideas for cooking fish in the oven including easy weeknight meals that are quick to get on the table plus fancy fish recipes to serve when you want to impress company. 5 lap the. Spread over fish filets and … ... Show details
Top recipes for "Cocktails"
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comDaufuskie freeze. i found this recipe in an old copy of family circle. we have been enjoying this drink at barbeques for years. try it and i'm sure it will become a favorite of yours as well. Coffee fantasy. when you drink this try and remember that it does have alcohol in. very yummy especially good, well it is actually made for those coffee lovers out there . Pistachio bubble tea. this is a ... ... Show details
15 Daufuskie Recepes ideas | cooking recipes, recipes, cooking
Recipe From : pinterest.seSep 1, 2020 - Explore Cami Dones's board "Daufuskie Recepes" on Pinterest. See more ideas about cooking recipes, recipes, cooking. ...
Daufuskie Soup - Goodie Godmother
Recipe From : goodiegodmother.com2019-09-23 · Melt butter over medium low heat in a stock pot. Whisk in the flour and cook 2-3 minutes. Add your onions, garlic, and bell pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. … ...
- Add your onions, garlic, and bell pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Add the salt, paprika, and white pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the cream, milk, broth, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 cup of the sherry, stirring constantly to ensure there are no lumps in the soup.