this is a favorite for shabbos. it's quick and easy.
Time: 35 minutes
- defrost philo dough until workable but still somewhat stiff
- unroll philo dough and spread light mayo evenly over a 4-inch long area of the roll
- place 6 slices of deli in a row and roll up the dough
- cut slots in the top to vent
- repeat for second roll
- bake until dough is golden brown
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- phyllo dough
- light mayonnaise
PUFF PASTRY EVERYTHING DELI ROLL
I was served this Deli Roll for a Shabbat appetizer at a friend's house, and I immediately knew the recipe was destined for my personal adaptation for a spicier appetite. Everyone, including the kids, loved the look and taste of this easy to prepare first course. **** New optional toppings. I love everything bagels so I tried it on the deli roll. Onions, sesame & poppy seeds, sea salt & garlic powder. Got to try it!!! it is great! **** New Idea ***** roll a cabanos (Polish Sausage) in the middle.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Abba Gimel
Yield 1 roll, 6-8 serving(s)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out pastry dough flat, and cut into half.
- Spread mustard on the dough. Layer the 3 different types of cold cuts, one type on top of the other.
- Roll the dough. Brush the roll with egg lightly beaten with chili powder. Sprinkle with one or all of the following sesame seeds, poppy seeds, fried onion, sea salt & garlic powder if desired.
- Bake at 350 °F (180°C) for 45 minutes, or until browned.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 1/2 kg frozen puff pastry, defrosted (half sheet)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 100 g deli chicken (smoked, BBQ, honey roasted, grilled, etc)
- 100 g deli roast beef (smoked, roasted, grilled, etc)
- 100 g deli turkey (smoked, BBQ, honey roasted, grilled, etc)
- 1 pepperoni (optional) or 1 smoked sausage (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fried onions (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
ITALIAN DELI ROLLERS
Carol Bassett of Kentwood, Michigan makes these handy roll-ups on summer days when it's too hot for stovetop cooking. "They're a fun change of pace from traditional sandwiches," she shares.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
- Spread butter on one side of each tortilla. Layer each with cheese, ham, bologna, pepperoni, peppers, tomato and lettuce to within 2 in. of edge. Spread mayonnaise over lettuce. Roll up tightly. Serve immediately or wrap tightly and chill up to 2 hours.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 6 thin slices bologna
- 30 thin slices pepperoni
- 18 mild pickled pepper rings
- 9 thin slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
I think many people will be surprised at just how simple these homemade rolls are. Besides the super obvious reasons why these are better than the ones from the supermarket, you can make them the exact size and shape you want.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chef John
- Place yeast and warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer; whisk to mix. Add flour and salt.
- Knead with dough hook until mixture forms a soft, sticky dough ball and easily pulls away from the sides and the hook, about 5 minutes. (If still too sticky, add a bit more flour and knead a few more seconds.) Transfer dough to a work surface and form into a smooth ball. Place dough back in the mixing bowl. Drizzle the dough and sides of bowl a few drops of vegetable oil. Spread a film of oil over the surface of the dough.
- Cover the bowl and transfer to a warm, draft-free place until dough is doubled in size, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface. Form into a rectangle shape and cut into 6 equal pieces. Using your cupped hand and the work surface, roll each section of dough into a smooth round ball. Cover with a clean, dry cloth and let rest 15 minutes.
- Flatten dough balls into 6- or 7-inch long ovals. Starting with a long edge, roll the dough into a cylinder, applying extra pressure to the ends to form pointy tips for a classic French roll shape. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets (do not crowd them) and cover with clean dry towels until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom rack.
- With a very sharp knife, score each roll about 1/4 inch deep along one side somewhere between the side and the top. Spritz loaves lightly with water from a spray bottle.
- Bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes. Spritz loaves again and rotate pans for a more even bake. Bake until loaves are golden brown, about 10 more minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool completely before cutting.
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm water (100 to 110 degrees F)
- 1 ½ teaspoons fine salt
- 19 ounces bread flour
Cream cheese and a variety of herbs and vegetables make even deli cold cuts a fancy and filling appetizer. Bite-size pieces look so pretty set on a platter in a circle. But the arrangement never stays complete for very long once this snack is served. -Marcella Funk, Salem, Oregon
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 dozen.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cilantro, peppers and garlic. Spread about 2 tablespoons on each slice of beef. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic. , For ham and turkey rolls, in another bowl, combine the cream cheese, carrot, zucchini and dill. Spread about 2 tablespoons on each slice of ham and turkey. Roll up tightly; wrap in foil. Refrigerate overnight. , Slice the roll-ups into 1-1/2-in. pieces.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- ROAST BEEF ROLL-UPS:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced banana peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- HAM AND TURKEY ROLL-UPS:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
HARD ROLLS (USING A STAND MIXER)
Oh how I miss hard rolls! Similar to Kaiser rolls, but crustier, when well buttered, these are a typical quick breakfast in the fast-paced metropolis of NYC and north-eastern NJ. A northern comparison to biscuts and gravy here in the southern USA, but these can be eaten on-the-go for a morning meal and are a lot less messy! These rolls will keep all day in a brown paper bag in your bread box.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by 2Bleu
Yield 4 rolls, 4 serving(s)
- In a large bowl (or your KitchenAid), dissolve yeast with 3/4 cup of the water and sugar. Mix in remaining water, flour, and salt. Mix until dough starts to form. If too sticky, add a bit more flour. Knead for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Put dough into an oiled bowl, turn to coat, cover with a clean towel, and let rise in a warm place, free from draft, until doubled in size (about 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 400°F If you have a baking stone, dust lightly with cornmeal and put into preheated oven. If not, use a cookie sheet. Place a shallow baking pan filled with boiling hot water on bottom of your oven for extra crusty rolls.
- ROLLS: Remove dough to a floured surface. Punch down dough and shape into 4 rolls. Place rolls on a peel (large wooden spatula), also lightly dusted with cornmeal, or on a cookie sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let rise again for 20 minutes. Slit each roll once and brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds. If on a peel, slide loaves onto stone or tile; otherwise put cookie sheet in oven. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden and baked through.
- NOTE: To check for doneness, thump the bottom; if they sound hollow, they're done.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110F.)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (or bread flour)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- cornmeal (for dusting)
- 1 egg yolk (beaten with 1 Tbsp water for eggwash)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
More recipes about deli roll recipes
Deli Roll - Jamie Geller: Kosher and Jewish Recipes Made Easy
Recipe From : jamiegeller.comOct 22, 2018 · Place meats over sheet in layers, first pastrami, then turkey and corned beef. Roll dough as for a jelly roll, place seam side down and brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until slightly browned and flaking. ...Show details
World's Easiest Deli Roll | Recipe - Kosher.com
Recipe From : kosher.comThaw dough until ﬁrm, yet easy to roll. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut two large pieces of Gefen Easy Baking Parchment Paper, wax paper, or foil, and lay on work surface. On paper, roll … ...Show details
10 Best Deli Roll Ups Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comDeli Roll Ups Recipes 2,587 Recipes. Would you like any meat in the recipe? Yes No No Preference. Skip. Last updated May 03, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 2,587 suggested recipes. Deli Roll-Up Diabetes Forecast. Dijon mustard, turkey, whole wheat tortilla, prepared horseradish and 4 more. ...Show details
Deli Roll | Recipe
Recipe From : kosher.comRoll out each dough in package to a large rectangle. Sauté onions in a bit of oil; shut off ﬂame. Add sauerkraut, mayonnaise, mustard, and pastrami; mix well. ...Show details
Deli Sandwich Rolls - Hy-Vee Recipes and Ideas
Recipe From : hy-vee.comUnroll dough and cut into 8 equal pieces. Cut cheese slices into pieces the size of dough pieces. Layer meat and cheese on dough pieces. Carefully wrap dough around the … ...Show details
Deli-Style Hard Rolls | King Arthur Baking
Recipe From : kingarthurbaking.comCover the rolls and let them rise until puffy, 30 to 40 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake the rolls until they're a deep golden brown, 22 to 26 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack. If desired, just before serving, reheat the rolls … ...Show details
Deli Roll - A Selection of Deli Meats Rolled up in Puff
Recipe From : 24six.netNov 30, 2020 · Assembling the deli roll. Making a deli roll is similar to making a roulade (jelly roll-style) cake. In this case, you'll first flatten a sheet of puff pastry and spread it with mustard (deli … ...Show details
Italian Deli Roll Ups | A Low Carb Recipe | Mantitlement
Recipe From : mantitlement.comJan 01, 2019 · Lay 2 slices of ham on top of the salami followed by 2 slices of provolone cheese. Spread a thin layer of the ricotta cheese on top of the provolone. Add 2 thin strips of red peppers and 5 or 6 banana peppers making a line across the center of the roll up. Add 1 teaspoon of the chopped basil on top of the peppers. ...Show details
Sandwich Wraps and Roll-Up Recipes | …
Recipe From : allrecipes.comMore Sandwich Wraps and Roll-Up Recipes. Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps This take on traditional chicken salad has received rave reviews wherever it's been served. I've even been able to convert my husband, who won't come within 10 feet of traditional chicken salad, into a "more please" kinda guy when I serve these ... ...Show details
Deli Rolls - Quality Soups, Sauces, Food & Recipes
Recipe From : campbells.comSep 28, 2018 · Starting from the top half of the pastry, roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the poppy seed. Repeat with remaining pastry. Step 5. Bake … ...Show details
Deli Rolls - Recipes | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comHeat oven to 400°F. Line 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with foil.Coat foil ... other roll.Brush rolls with egg white; sprinkle tops ... Serve warm or chilled. ...Show details
Deli Roll Recipe With Cold Cuts and Mustard
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comThis deli roll recipe makes a delicious Shabbat appetizer, or can be eaten any time! Everyone, including kids, love the look and taste of this easy-to-prepare first course. Ingredients. 1 package of frozen puff pastry dough (parve), defrosted Mustard to taste ...Show details
Deli Roll - Simply Kosher - Simply Kosher - Video
Recipe From : chabad.org• Roll dough as for a jelly roll, place seam side down and brush with beaten egg. • Sprinkle with sesame seeds. • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until slightly browned and flaking. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. ...Show details
Deli Roll – Busy in Brooklyn
Recipe From : busyinbrooklyn.comRoll out the puff pastry to about 10″x12″. Mix mustard and brown sugar and spread over the pastry. Place the cold cuts over the pastry in layers, alternating between the turkey and pastrami. Roll the dough up like a jelly roll and place seam-side-down on a parchment lined baking sheet. ...Show details
Crusty Italian Sandwich Rolls - Italian recipes made easy
Recipe From : allourway.comThe Crusty Italian Sandwich Rolls recipe is a two-day recipe, this is optimal for the best taste. You can fudge a little and do it in one day — but letting the flavors develop overnight will give you the greatest flavor. To begin with, you make a starter or a biga. The following day you make the dough, form the rolls … ...Show details
Deli Rolls - Puff Pastry
Recipe From : puffpastry.comJun 21, 2016 · Deli Rolls Even better than your favorite deli fare, these mouthwatering sandwiches feature roast turkey, smoked turkey, pastrami and mashed potatoes, rolled up and baked in flaky puff pastry. Perfect for parties, this recipe … ...Show details
Deli Rye Rolls | King Arthur Baking
Recipe From : kingarthurbaking.comWhile the rolls are rising, preheat the oven to 375°F. When the rolls have risen, slash the tops and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the internal temperature reads 190°F when measured with a digital thermometer. Remove from the oven and serve warm. Store rolls … ...Show details
Deli Roll | Recipe | Deli rolls recipe, Jewish recipes, Food
Recipe From : pinterest.comAug 3, 2016 - Traditional American Jewish food includes the deli roll, every Shabbat table in New York has one of these. ...Show details
Italian Deli Roll Ups – By the Recipes
Recipe From : bytherecipes.comDec 31, 2019 · Add 2 thin strips of red peppers and 5 or 6 banana peppers, making a line across the center of the roll up. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the chopped basil. Roll up the wrap tightly, from one end to another. Repeat with other roll … ...Show details
Veggie Packed Keto Deli Roll Ups 3 Ways | Easy Low Carb
Recipe From : abbeyskitchen.comApr 10, 2019 · So basically all you need to make keto deli roll ups is some of your favourite deli meat and veggies. I like to use Maple Lodge Farms new Natural From The Farm deli because it’s made with 25% less sodium compared with other natural deli brands, and it still packs a ton of flavour. Like I said, sometimes I just don’t have time to meal prep and cook a lot of meat for the week, so if I’m ... ...Show details