this recipe creates a nice, large & tender meatball. 2-3 make a meal. i usually make a double batch of these and freeze the leftovers after they've cooled. the frozen meatballs can be dropped frozen into a lightly-simmering sauce for a great dinner on a busy weekday.
Time: 43 minutes
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- place bread in large mixing bowl
- soak with milk for 10-15 minutes
- squeeze milk out of bread , discard milk
- crack egg into bowl and mix with fork
- add cheese , parsley and remaining spices
- mix thoroughly with a fork until all ingredients are well blended
- place parchment paper on an 11" x17" cookie sheet
- add beef and pork to mixture , and mix with hands until combined nicely', "don't overdo it !", 'form balls just under 2" in diameter by passing from hand to hand and squeezing gently
- place formed balls on parchment
- bake for 18 minutes
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- ground chuck
- ground pork
- italian bread
- parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning
- 1% low-fat milk
KITTENCAL'S ITALIAN MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH MEATBALLS
Cooking the meatballs in simmering pasta sauce will not only add so much extra flavor to the sauce the meatballs will be melt-in-your-mouth tender, you may of course oven-bake the meatballs for about 25 minutes, --- don't be afraid to add in more Parmesan cheese and a little more milk, there is no need to measure exactly, this recipe is pretty much foolproof, leftover cooked meatballs make a wonderful pizza topping just slice thinly and freeze until ready to use ----- these also make wonderful juicy burgers shaped into patties-- for more of my tried and true recipes check out my food blog at www.kittencalskitchen.com
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 1 1/2 pounds
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape into small meatballs (at this point you can place on a jelly-roll/baking sheet and freeze to use later, or cover with plastic wrap refrigerate up to 24 hours before using).
- Drop the meatballs into simmering pasta sauce, do not stir for at least 20 minutes or you will risk breaking the meatballs.
- Continue cooking in the simmering sauce for another 20 minutes (depending on how fast your sauce is simmering 40 minutes total should fully cook the meatballs).
- After the 40 minutes cooking time continue cooking your sauce with the meatballs in for as long as desired.
- **note** you may also bake the meatballs at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (a mixture of 1 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork will work well also)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (or use enough to hold the meat together (no dry breadcrumbs? just soak 3 slices of bread in the 1/3 )
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use 2 teaspoons seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk (can use up to 1/2 cup milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional, or to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley)
You'll also love