MEXICAN TAQUITOS (FLAUTAS)
You'll be singing mariachi tunes after a plateful of these babies! Can you say "yummy" amigos? Keep in mind the prep time does not include cooking shredded meat as this step can be done days ahead.
Yield 24 taquitos, 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To make the sauce: Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, bullion cube, and chiles to a blender; blend until smooth.
- In a sauce pan heat 1-2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add sauce and simmer about 5-10 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce for filling.
- To make filling: Mix shredded meat and reserved sauce together will.
- Heat vegetable oil for frying in a deep fryer or tall saucepan to 350-375°F.
- To make taquitos: Wrap 12 of the tortillas in a kitchen towel and put in microwave for 2 minutes. Keep tortillas wrapped in towel while making taquitos so they don't dry out.
- Place one tortilla on the counter in front of you and add shredded meat mixture in a line across the tortilla on the side closest to you, but not all the way on the edge (about 2-3 tablespoons of mixture. Begin to roll tortilla around mixture, rolling away from you (try to roll as tightly as possible so that the filling doesn't fall out during frying). Taquito should resemble a fat cigar (the sides are not folded in--they are just left open). Pierce with a toothpick through the center of taquito to keep from unrolling.
- Add each taquito to oil as you go or they will dry out and crack.
- Do not crowd oil too much. I usually cook about 6-7 at a time.
- Feel taquitos with tongs as they cook. When they are hard, remove and drain on paper towels (about 5 minutes). I usually line a large bowl with paper towels and drain all of the taquitos vertically so that all of the excess oil can drain out.
- When those 12 tortillas are done, heat up the remaining 12 in the same towel and repeat. The reason I don't heat up all 24 at the same time is because the stack is so thick that the top and bottom few tortillas dry out and the middle ones are not cooked enough and will crack when you try to roll them.
- When all of the taquitos are finished, put as many as you want per serving on a plate (I usually serve 5-6 per person); top with sauce.
- Add shredded lettuce and sliced onion.
- Top that with a few spoonfuls of sour cream (or if you are like me, more than a few).
- Sprinkle with queso fresco.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1361.2, Carbohydrate 226.5, Cholesterol 0.1, Fat 33.1, Fiber 15.9, Protein 37.1, SaturatedFat 8.1, Sodium 2868.6, Sugar 14.6
SOFT CHICKEN TAQUITOS & SOUTHWESTERN DIP
Easy to prepare and really good, these will be a hit at your next party! Make the dipping sauce a day ahead of time so the flavors can work their magic. These would be great for a girls night, game night, football party... so many possibilities!
Provided by V Seward @Vseward
Categories Poultry Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise together in a bowl. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry spices to sour cream and mayonnaise mixture stir to combine, cover & refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to meld. Can be made day before.
- Taquito instructions: Heat oil in frying pan. Add one corn tortilla and fry for just a second, then turn and repeat. Place tortilla on a paper towel lined cookie sheet fitting about 6-8 per sheet. Place another paper towel over the tortillas and repeat with the rest until all are cooked. Sprinkle Salt over the tortillas as you go.
- Once all the tortillas have been lightly fried and are soft, take shredded chicken and place on center of tortilla in a line. Gently roll tight and place seam side down on another cookie sheet, each one snug to the other to keep shape. Repeat until all the taquitos are rolled.
- Heat an electric skillet or griddle between 300-350 degrees and oil surface generously. Place one taquito seam side down, add another right up against it and continue until you have a row across the skillet and taquitos are secure. Continue another row if you have room (I can generally cook about 25-30 at a time) Check the first taquito by rolling or using tongs to make sure seam is secure before turning. Roll taquitos left to right and let them cook 1-2 minutes, then roll again until they are secure and golden.
- Serving: This recipe makes 45 nice size taquitos. I will cut them in half as appetizers. Place Dip in the middle of a tray or large plate and surround the taquitos around the dip.
BAKED CREAMY CHICKEN TAQUITOS RECIPE
Even your pickiest of eaters will love these Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos from Six Sisters. And you can feel good about dinner because they are baked instead of fried.
Provided by Camille Beckstrand
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so that it is soft and easy to stir.
- Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Then add cilantro and green onions.
- Add chicken and Pepper Jack cheese and combine well.
- Place 2-3 Tablespoons of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges and roll it up as tight as you can. Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Lay all of the filled taquitos on the baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
- Dip in creamy cilantro dressing if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522 kcal, Carbohydrate 53 g, Protein 26 g, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, TransFat 0.1 g, Cholesterol 63 mg, Sodium 1049 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 6 g, UnsaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 serving
B'S BEEF AND BEAN TAQUITOS W/ MEXI-RANCH DIPPING SAUCE
After making a Mexican casserole that failed to please my family, I ended up just throwing spoonfuls of it into tortillas and frying them taquito style in attempts to salvage the ingredients used. It came out pretty good, but probably needs some tweaking. The sauce is just something I threw together but I feel it compliments the taquitos nicely.
Provided by Blovesh
Yield 12 taquitos, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic, drain.
- Add taco seasoning and prepare according to directions on packet.
- Add refried beans, salsa, and 1 cup of the cheese mixture.
- Stir to mix ingredients and heat mixture all the way through.
- Heat tortillas in microwave to soften, layering them with paper towels.
- Spoon roughly 2 tablespoons of mixture into each tortilla, sprinkling a bit of the remaining cheese on top.
- Roll and fry in oil.
- Optional: Cut each taquito into thirds with diagonal cuts.
- Mix sour cream, ranch, and desired amount of taco sauce.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 721.7, Fat 43.4, SaturatedFat 17.6, Cholesterol 107.8, Sodium 1336.3, Carbohydrate 48.2, Fiber 6.7, Sugar 3.9, Protein 34.1
SPANAKOPITA TAQUITOS WITH GOAT CHEESE TOMATO DIPPING SAUCE #RAGU
Ragú® Recipe Contest Entry. Ever so popular spanakopita filling is transformed in taquitos to make a light meal or appetizers.
Provided by mariajoehema
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make filling,.
- 1. Add spinach into a large microwavable bowl along with 1/4 cup water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes until wilted.
- 2. Cool completely, transfer to a clean kitchen towel, wrap and squeeze well to get all the moisture out. Set aside.
- 3. Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in medium non-stick skillet until shimmering.
- 4. Saute onion, garlic and cauliflower over medium heat for about 10 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
- 5. Add cayenne pepper powder, coriander powder and salt , stir for 1 minute.
- 6. Add spinach and saute for 2 minutes.
- 7. Transfer to a medium bowl, mix in 4 eggs and bread crumbs.
- To make taquitos.
- 1. Stack tortillas , wrap in a clean damp dish towel. Microwave until warm , about 1 minute.
- 2. Beat 2 eggs in a small bowl .
- 3. Working with one tortilla at a time, spread 3 tablespoons of filling over half of a tortilla and brush egg wash over the remaining half. Roll tightly starting from the filling side.
- 4. Place seam side down on a plate, cover with a another damp towel.
- 5. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 6. Heat 2 cups oil in a medium skillet to 350 degrees over medium heat.
- 7. Place 6 tortillas , seam side down, fry until golden brown on all sides (about 5-7 minutes, turning often).
- 8. Drain on paper towels, repeat with remaining taquitos.
- To make dipping sauce,.
- 1. Transfer RAGU SAUCE and goat cheese into a medium sauce pan.
- 2. Heat over low flame , stirring often until cheese is melted.
- Serve taquitos with dipping sauce.
- makes 4 servings as light meal.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.9, Fat 22.3, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 301.4, Sodium 1040, Carbohydrate 53.2, Fiber 8.6, Sugar 5.5, Protein 25.2
QUICK BEEF TAQUITOS
Always a crowd pleaser, one of those recipes you have to kick everyone out of the kitchen to be able to complete. It's fast and delicious with beef, cheese, and chiles. Served best with sour cream and guacamole.
Provided by TRACEY
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine roast beef, pepper jack cheese, and green chilies in a bowl. Use a fork to break up the beef and mix ingredients.
- Fry tortillas in hot oil just long enough to soften, just a few seconds; drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Begin spooning beef mixture into tortillas making a line down the middle of the tortilla. Roll tortilla around the filling and place in frying pan with the edge of the rolled tortilla facing the bottom of the pan. Cook until the tortillas are completely browned, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Drain again on paper towels before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384 calories, Carbohydrate 38.8 g, Cholesterol 75.8 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 1148.7 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
GREEN TAQUITO SAUCE
Not my recipe, one posted in a forum by France59AK, who hasn't posted it in the database. Posting it so it doesn't get lost, like many recipes posted in forums do! Thanks, France! This sauce should freeze well.
Provided by zeldaz51
Yield 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a blender or food processor combine the tomatillos, avocado, garlic, lime juice and jalapeño. Blend or process until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in pan until hot and fry blended ingredients for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. (Be very careful of the spatter, don't get burned). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 582.1, Fat 56.9, SaturatedFat 8.1, Sodium 16.2, Carbohydrate 21.6, Fiber 14.4, Sugar 3, Protein 4.8
TAQUITOS WITH AVOCADO DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by bberens22
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Cook the bacon in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Stir the bacon, cream cheese and chicken in a medium bowl. Cut each tortilla into 3 (3-inch) circles using a round cutter. Spoon about 2 teaspoons chicken mixture in the center of each (one) tortilla round. Roll the tortillas around the filling and secure with toothpicks. If desired, use full size tortillas. Pour the oil into a heavy 4 quart saucepan to a depth of 3 inches. Heat the oil to 350°F. Add the taquitos to the saucepan in batches and cook until well browned on all sides. Remove the taquitos from the saucepan and let drain on paper towels. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks before serving. Mash the avocado in a medium bowl with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, vinegar, salt, parsley, onion powder, dill weed, garlic powder and black pepper. Serve with the taquitos for dipping.
More about "dipping sauces for taquitos recipes"
10 BEST TAQUITO SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TAQUITO SAUCE DIPPING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
5/5 Servings 45Cuisine MexicanCategory Poultry Appetizers
EASY CHICKEN TAQUITOS RECIPE - DELICIOUSLY SEASONED
SMOKY LENTIL TAQUITOS & AVOCADO CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE
THE BEST HOMEMADE TAQUITOS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
QUESO FUNDIDO TAQUITOS. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
SPICY PULLED PORK BAKED TAQUITOS WITH COOL AVOCADO CREAM …
CHICKEN TAQUITOS RECIPE - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
BAKED CHICKEN TAQUITOS RECIPE - BAKED TAQUITOS WITH …
CHICKEN-CHILE TAQUITOS WITH CREAMY DIPPING SAUCE
TAQUITO DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TAQUITOS DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DIPPING SAUCES FOR TAQUITOS - THERESCIPES.INFO
TAQUITOS WITH AVOCADO CILANTRO CREAM SAUCE - MEXICAN APPETIZERS …
JOSE OLE TAQUITOS & CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE - BOMBSHELL BLING
CHICKEN TAQUITOS (BAKED OR FRIED) - DINNER AT THE ZOO
TAQUITOS AND EASY CHEESE SAUCE - CONFESSIONS OF A FIT FOODIE
CHICKEN-CHILE TAQUITOS WITH CREAMY DIPPING SAUCE
SPICY TAQUITOS WITH TABASCO® DIPPING SAUCE | TABASCO® …
BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN TAQUITOS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN TAQUITOS + CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE - LIFE …
GREEN TAQUITO SAUCE RECIPES
CHICKEN TAQUITOS WITH LIME AND SOUR CREAM SAUCE
TAQUITO DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GREEN SAUCE FOR TAQUITOS - THERESCIPES.INFO
TAQUITOS, TAMALES, & DIPS | THE TIPTOE FAIRY
BAKED TAQUITOS WITH CREAMY SALSA AND GUACAMOLE - THE EDGY VEG
10 BEST MEXICAN DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUCE FOR TAQUITOS - THERESCIPES.INFO
LOADED TAQUITOS WITH CREAMY JALAPENO DIP
GUACAMOLE SAUCE FOR TAQUITOS - THERESCIPES.INFO
TAQUITOS WITH ROASTED TOMATO DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE
LOADED TAQUITOS WITH CREAMY JALAPENO DIP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN TAQUITOS WITH AVOCADO RANCH DIPPING SAUCE
RECIPES | CHICKEN TAQUITOS, TAQUITOS, RANCH DIPPING SAUCE
BAKED CHICKEN TAQUITOS WITH AVOCADO CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE
THE BEST HOMEMADE BUFFALO CHICKEN TAQUITOS RECIPE
LEFTOVER TURKEY TAQUITOS WITH NUTTY BUFFALO DIPPING SAUCE
BBQ RANCH PULLED PORK TAQUITOS — BUNS IN MY OVEN
AVOCADO DIPPING SAUCE FOR TAQUITOS RECIPES
You'll also love