DR. PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the flavors have blended. Continue cooking until the sauce begins to thicken, 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper if desired. Remember, the ribs will have plenty of spice rub on them, so don't overseason the sauce.
- 2. Let the sauce cool for about 10 minutes or until it is warm but no longer "boiling" hot. Puree with an immersion or traditional blender-this will make the sauce thicker. Let cool. The sauce will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 3. Brush it on food 5 to 15 minutes before the cooking time is finished. If desired, serve extra on the side.
DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE
Mirj- this ones for you! From Steve Raichlen's Ultimate BBQ Cookbook. You can use this to polish off a dry rub or just as a condiment. Trust me, it tastes better than it sounds.
Provided by chia2160
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Juice the lemon, you should get 4 tablespoons.
- In a saucepan add all ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- You can add more vinegar/steak sauce/ hot sauce/ if you need it, to taste.
DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE
My family is stationed in Italy with my husband, Lieutenant William Robert Blackman. William grew up in Memphis, Tennessee, and I'm from Texas, so the dish that spells "home" for us is a good ol' barbecue. I have my own recipe for barbecue sauce that we like to pour all over sliced brisket. Eating it reminds us of weekend barbecues with our families. -Tina Blackman, Naples, Italy
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 193mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "dr pepper bbq sauce recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE DR. PEPPER BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Sauces And CondimentsCalories 12 per serving
- Turn the heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer, whisking often. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve with pork, chicken, beef, or almost anything! Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.
BEST DR. PEPPER BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE DR. PEPPER ...
5/5 (1)Category Side Dish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, tomato paste, garlic, and Dr Pepper.
DR PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.1/5 (8)Category BBQ, Sauce, Barbecue SauceCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
DR. PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - URBAN COWGIRL
Reviews 1Category BarbecueCuisine BarbecueTotal Time 40 mins
- Bring to a boil a reduce until syrupy, but do not burn! You may need to turn down the heat. Reduce down, to about 1/3 c. of Dr. Pepper syrup. When done, remove from heat.
- To the reduction, add all of the other ingredients and whisk well. Return to the stove and cook over low heat 15-20 minutes until combined. Add in the final splash of Dr. Pepper if using. Remove from heat and taste for seasoning.
DR. PEPPER BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - THE BLACK PEPPERCORN
4.3/5 (6)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 5Total Time 40 mins
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion, red pepper, garlic to the saucepan and saute until they are tender and beginning to caramelize, about 8 minutes.
- Add the molasses, Dr. Pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Let it cook with a low rolling boil for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Stir in the tomato paste and lower the heat. Let the sauce simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
EASY DR. PEPPER BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory SauceCalories 90 per serving
- Add in the Dr. Pepper, tomato sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dip, Sauce & CondimentServings 12Total Time 45 mins
- Add in the Dr. Pepper, tomato sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and stir until combined.
DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
5/5 (1)Category Extras, Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- To a medium-size pot, add butter and onion. Sautee over medium-high heat until translucent. Whisk in tomato paste and vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Dr. Pepper, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic, and salt. Stir together. Bring the sauce up to a boil then reduce to simmer for approximately 10 minutes until thickened.
- Remove sauce from the stovetop and let cool. Using an immersion blender or a stand blender, process sauce until smooth.
EASY DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE - A FAMILY FEAST
Reviews 4Category SaucesServings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a tall sided medium sauce pan, add olive oil over medium heat and once hot add the onions. Cook for three minutes or until they are partially soft.
DR. PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.6/5 (23)Category CondimentsServings 1Total Time 35 mins
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have blended. Continue cooking until the sauce begins to thicken, 15-20 minutes more.
- Let the sauce cool for about 10 minutes or until it is warm but no longer boiling hot. Puree with an immersion or traditional blender. Cool completely. Keep sauce tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
DR PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Side DishCalories 592 per serving
- In a stove top pan, saute the onions in butter until translucent. Roughly chop the chipotle pepper then add it along with the garlic, Dr. Pepper, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, molasses, brown sugar, honey and seasonings to the pan.
DR PEPPER JALAPENO BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - OUT GRILLING
Reviews 2Category SaucesServings 64Total Time 20 mins
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion flakes, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
SLOW COOKER DR. PEPPER BBQ RIBS - ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS!
Reviews 422Calories 1029 per servingCategory Crock Pot
- Place ribs in the bottom of your slow cooker, pour 1 can of soda over them. Cover and slow cook for 7 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the slow cooker, placing on rack. Brush tops with sauce. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and brush other side. Bake 15 minutes more.
DR PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE - I HEART EATING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory SauceCalories 119 per serving
DR PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
Category Marinades, Sauces, Rubs & SalsasEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
DR. PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (36)Total Time 20 minsCategory SauceCalories 17 per serving
230 DR. PEPPER BBQ SAUCE IDEAS IN 2021 | COOKING RECIPES ...
DR. PEPPER BBQ SAUCE | RECIPE STATION
ROTISSERIE SMOKED RIBS WITH DR. PEPPER BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
DR PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
DR PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE / VIEW COOKING DIRECTIONS ...
TASTY DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE IS PERFECT FOR BEEF OR PORK
DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE RECIPE — DO THE OKANAGAN
DR PEPPER BBQ SAUCE RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #sauces #condiments-etc #barbecue #kosher #dietary #equipment #grilling #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make homemade Dr Pepper barbecue sauce?This homemade barbecue sauce is infused with Dr Pepper soda, and has just the right amount of chili powder to give it a slightly spicy kick. This sauce is sure to become your new favorite condiment! In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent, 8-10 minutes.
How many calories are in Dr Pepper BBQ sauce?In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers. 2 tablespoons: 60 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
What kind of sauce do you use for BBQ?Spicy BBQ Sauce: For those that like a spicy sauce, add cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or your favorite hot sauce. Ketchup: If you prefer a ketchup based barbecue sauce, substitute ketchup for the tomato sauce and reduce the brown sugar to ⅓ cup.
How to make Dr Pepper BBQ ribs in a slow cooker?Instructions Place ribs in the bottom of your slow cooker, pour 1 can of soda over them. Cover and slow cook for 7 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil then place a wire rack over the top. Combine 3/4 cup BBQ sauce with 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper soda.