Dylan Tomatilla And Zucchini Salsa
DYLAN TOMATILLA AND ZUCCHINI SALSA
this is not salsa verde – no, this is a light, very chunky and unique salsa that the “healthy gals” (joggers) in my neighborhood wait for each year. the first time i made it, i was looking for a way to use up about a million tomatillos and zucchinis from the garden. this recipe turned out to be just what i was looking for. it took a week of tweaking but i finally got it down to a science and the local response was notable, to say the least. i never get to can any because the neighbors eat it up as fast as i can make it! it may require the addition of more vinegar for canning purposes – i don’t know because i’m somewhat inexperienced at canning things and so you’re on your own there. this “salsa” is named for my musical icon, the bard, bob dylan – i just know he would like it because it’s different. enjoy!
Time: 80 minutes
- run the first 8 ingredients through the thin slicer of the food processor
- transfer finished mix to a large bowl
- take 1 / 4 of the mix of the 8 ingredients and puree it in the food processor along with the lime juice , parsley , vinegar , garlic powder and salt
- mix the puree back in with the sliced veggies and add the diced jalapenas
- mix with a spoon
- transfer the salsa into pint jars , about 1 inch from the top , and supplement each jar with vegetable juice to near the top
- put lids on and refrigerate before serving
- salsa will keep for several days in refrigerator
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- yellow tomatoes
- cherry tomatoes
- green bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- sweet onion
- banana pepper
- fresh parsley
- white wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- limes, juice of
- v8 vegetable juice
ZUCCHINI TOMATO SALSA
Wondering what to do with all her garden zucchini, Jennifer Magrey of Sterling, Connecticut came up with this versatile and colorful salsa: "I also serve it on crackers, burgers, chips, baked potatoes or over cream cheese as a spread!"
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Using a slotted spoon, transfer salsa to a serving bowl. Serve with tortilla chips.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 1 cup seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
ZUCCHINI SALSA, CANNED
This recipe is from a friend's, daughter's mother-in-law (kinda like a 5th cousin twice removed and it is delicious! If you want it "HOT" just add a dozen finely chopped jalapenos. I do not water bath the jars but I am very careful with sterilizing and make sure the lids are sealed. I you feel better waterbathing them do it for 15 minutes.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Bergy
Yield 10-12 Pints
- Day one:In a large bowl combine; Zucchini, onions, green pepper, red pepper and the salt Mix together cover and let stand over night.
- Day two.
- Next day rinse, drain well and put into a large pot then add mustard, garlic, cumin, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes, salt,cornstarch, nutmeg, pepper, 1 tablespoon salt, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Water bath jars for 15 minutes if they have not sealed properly.
Number Of Ingredients: 17
- 10 cups zucchini, peeled & shredded
- 4 onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces tomato paste
I received this recipe through a friend at a weight loss group. I make at least eight batches of the salsa every year. It's truly a hit with family and friends! -Cheryl Jacobsen, Warburg, Alberta
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 cups.
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally., Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with your favorite snack chips or grilled meats.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled salsa in freezer containers. To use, thaw completely in refrigerator.
Number Of Ingredients: 17
- 5 cups shredded zucchini (about 5 medium)
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, nutmeg and turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
SKILLET CHICKEN AND ZUCCHINI ENCHILADAS WITH TOMATILLO SAUCE
A recipe for quick-cooking chicken and zucchini enchiladas.
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Rhoda Boone
Yield 4 servings
- Heat oil in a 12" (preferably cast-iron) skillet over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it starts to soften, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until onion and zucchini are softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir 1 1/2 cups salsa, scraping up any brown bits from the pan. Fold in the chicken and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. Transfer enchilada filling to a medium bowl; set skillet aside (do not wipe out).
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on high in 30-second bursts, flipping after each burst, until warmed, about 1 minute total. Alternatively, wrap in foil and heat in a 350°F oven until warmed through, 10-12 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup salsa into reserved skillet. Working with one at a time, dip tortillas in salsa until coated on both sides; transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. Divide enchilada filling among tortillas. Roll each tortilla around filling and place seam side down in skillet, arranging in a pinwheel formation.
- Heat enchiladas over medium-high. Pour remaining salsa over enchiladas, making sure each is coated. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with a lid or large baking sheet and cook until cheese is melted and enchiladas are warmed through, about 3 minutes. Top with sour cream, avocado, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges alongside.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil, such as grapeseed
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1 cup (1/2" pieces) zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) jars store-bought tomatillo salsa or 4 cups homemade tomatillo salsa, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (from 1/2 [2 1/2-pound] rotisserie chicken)
- 8 (5-6") corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream, 1 sliced avocado, cilantro leaves with tender stems, and lime wedges (for serving)
SPICY ROASTED TOMATILLO SALSA
This roasted tomatillo salsa is Weight Watchers®-friendly, easy to make, and fresh! Perfect for a chip dip and to make into a homemade enchilada sauce!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Bites of Flavor
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high. Spray a baking sheet with fat-free cooking spray.
- Cut tomatillos in half and place cut-side-down on the prepared baking sheet with serrano pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Broil in the preheated oven until charred, about 20 minutes, turning peppers halfway through cooking time.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and let cool completely, about 15 minutes. Remove stems from peppers and peel garlic.
- Combine tomatillos, serrano pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a food processor and pulse to desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to meld flavors.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- cooking spray
- 8 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- ½ medium yellow onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
SALSA DE TOMATILLO
This is the 'salsa de tomatillo' that I grew up with. It can be used as a sauce for grilled chicken, fish or shrimp, as the basis for green chilaquiles (pour over tortilla chips, shredded cooked chicken and shredded Monterey Jack, then heat under the broiler), and as a dipping sauce for chips. Delicioso!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by SABRINATEE
- Place tomatillos in a nonreactive saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Simmer until tomatillos soften and begin to burst, about 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatillos and place in a food processor or blender with onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper. Blend to desired consistency.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 10 tomatillos, husked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
TOMATILLO SALSA WITH SERRANOS
This is a spicy yet balanced salsa for green sauce lovers.
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Rhoda Boone
Yield Makes 2 Cups
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook tomatillos 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook with tomatillos for 2 minutes more. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Add tomatillos, garlic, chiles, lime, oil, salt, cumin, and cayenne to a blender or the bowl of a food processor and process until combined but slightly chunky. Add cilantro and onion and lightly pulse to combine. Texture should remain slightly chunky. Season with salt if necessary.
- Do Ahead
- Salsa can be made 5 days ahead. Chill in a resealable container.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 to 2 serrano chiles (depending on heat), stemmed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (packed) tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped yellow onion, rinsed in cool water, drained
More recipes about dylan tomatilla and zucchini salsa recipes
Dylan (tomatilla And Zucchini) Salsa
Recipe From : worldbestjalapenorecipes.blogspot.com6 medium tomatillos, husked, washed and halved ; 4 tablespoons fresh parsley ; 2 tablespoons wine vinegar ; 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ; 1/2 tablespoon salt ; 7 jalapenos, red and green, diced fine ; 2 limes, juice of, strained ; 1 cup v8 vegetable juice ; Recipe ...Show details
Roasted Zucchini and Tomatillo Salsa Verde | my kitchen
Recipe From : mykitchenaddiction.comAug 06, 2014 · Combine the zucchini, tomatillos, jalapeños, poblanos, onion, and garlic in a large baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Toss to evenly coat. Roast for 40 – 45 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and slightly charred. ...Show details
Zucchini Casserole (with Tomatillo Sauce and Cheese)
Recipe From : freshbitesdaily.comAdd the zucchini with a sprinkle of salt and toss to coat all the zucchini rounds with the garlic oil. Saute the squash until tender. I like it to brown just a little. Add the tomatillo sauce that you have warmed in a separate pan. ...Show details
11 Tomatillo Recipes - Saveur
Recipe From : saveur.comMar 18, 2019 · Get the recipe for Corn Tamales with Tomatillo Salsa » Zucchini Latkes Zucchini don’t have as much starch as potatoes, but they do make great latkes. This recipe from New York chef Julian ... ...Show details
Yucatecan Salmon with Tomatillo Verde Sauce and Zucchini
Recipe From : sunbasket.comStir in the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the zucchini and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatillo simmer sauce and ¼ cup (½ cup) water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the sauce starts to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. ...Show details
Zucchini Salsa Verde--Canned or Refrigerated | So Much To Make
Recipe From : somuchtomake.comAug 12, 2014 · In a large stock-pot combine finely chopped (I used my food-processor) zucchini, tomatillos, jalapeno and poblano peppers, sweet onion, garlic, and cilantro. Add lime juice and zest, cayenne pepper, oregano, salt, vinegar, and honey. ...Show details
Zucchini Salsa (Canned) Recipe - Recipezazz.com
Recipe From : recipezazz.comJul 21, 2012 · This salsa is so good. The recipe has travelled from friend to friend many times over. I could not belive how delicious it is and how wonderful to use up all those Zucchinis and garden tomatoes. If you want a hot salsa add a dozen or so chopped jalapenos, leave the seeds in. I don't waterbath the recipe … ...Show details
20 Tomatillo Recipes - What To Make With Tomatillo | Kitchn
Recipe From : thekitchn.comAug 04, 2020 · Don’t limit tomatillos to just salsa verde, though — they’re capable of so much more! They can give a standard plate of huevos rancheros a delicious facelift, add huge flavor to soups, and transform a pork tenderloin. ...Show details
Spicy Canned Zucchini Salsa | Kitchen Frau
Recipe From : kitchenfrau.comSep 09, 2016 · Add all the chopped and diced peppers to the zucchini. Add the minced garlic and the ¼ cup pickling salt the the zucchini, and stir until the salt and vegetables are well mixed. Cover the bowl loosely with a clean tea towel, and let sit on the counter overnight (8 – 12 hours) so the salt can extract all the excess juices out of the vegetables. ...Show details
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Recipe - Maebells
Recipe From : maebells.comRemove the husks from one pound of tomatillos, rinse well. Toss the tomatillos, onion, and seeded jalapenos in the olive oil and the salt. Place on a large baking sheet. Turn your broiler on high and broil until the vegetables become charred. ...Show details
Zucchini Cheese and Salsa Bake - Low Carb High Flavor Meal
Recipe From : plattertalk.comSep 16, 2014 · Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil until soft and tender, about five minutes. Place single layer of zucchini slices in bottom of dish. ...Show details
Whole30 Tomatillo Salsa Shrimp Zucchini Noodles - Eat the
Recipe From : eatthegains.comMay 31, 2018 · Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add ghee and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. ...Show details
Salsa Recipes from Clay's Kitchen - Panix
Recipe From : panix.comOver 130 Salsa recipes from mild to very, very hot. ...Show details
Tomato - Zucchini Salsa - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comHome > Recipes > Tex Mex > Tomato - Zucchini Salsa. Printer-friendly version. TOMATO - ZUCCHINI SALSA : 7 c. tomatoes, peeled and grated 3 c. yellow onions, grated 2 jalapeno peppers, grated fine 8 c. zucchini, grated fine 5 tbsp. salt. Let ingredients stand overnight. 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tbsp. cumin ...Show details
Fresh Zucchini Corn Salsa | Good Life Eats
Recipe From : goodlifeeats.comFeb 28, 2019 · Cut corn off cob and set aside. While corn is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet. Add diced zucchini and sauté until softened and lightly browned, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. In a small bowl combine parsley, vinegar, lime juice, remaining olive oil, salt, and garlic. ...Show details
Zucchini Salsa Home Canned - Our Future Homestead
Recipe From : ourfuturehomestead.comDay 2 Rinse the mixture and let it drain well. Place it back in the large stockpot. Add the mustard, garlic, cumin, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes or jalapeño, salt, cornstarch, nutmeg, pepper, fresh tomatoes, and tomato paste. ...Show details
Summery Pseudo Stew of Zucchini, Tomatillos and Corn
Recipe From : slicesofbluesky.comAug 20, 2016 · Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Add the zucchini and saute, stirring frequently, until some of the pieces are browned, a few minutes. Add the garlic, stir, cook for about 30 seconds. ...Show details
Salsa Verde Enchiladas Recipe | Mexican Recipes | PBS Food
Recipe From : pbs.orgTo a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced summer squash or zucchini, corn kernels, Ancho chile powder, cumin, coriander and salt. Toss together and cook until slightly... ...Show details
Smoky Chipotle Oysters with Zucchini Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Recipe From : cindysrecipesandwritings.comOct 22, 2019 · Cook tomatillos, zucchini, onion, lime juice and salt and pepper in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes until tomatillos lighten … ...Show details
Top recipes for "Squash"
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comDylan tomatilla and zucchini salsa. this is not salsa verde – no, this is a light, very chunky and unique salsa that the “healthy gals” (joggers) in my neighborhood wait for each year. the first time i made it, i … ...Show details
Tomatillos 101 - The Pioneer Woman – Recipes, Country
Recipe From : thepioneerwoman.comAug 17, 2016 · Tomatillos are a perky addition to any recipe. Plus, they are loaded with vitamins and minerals and are thought to ward off all sorts of ailments, from bloating to cancer. Next time you pass the lonely pile of tomatillos in the produce department, take some home and experiment. ...Show details
Tomatillo Recipes - Mexican Recipes
Recipe From : delish.comJul 31, 2014 · Recipe: Shrimp Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa. Ken Burris. 6 of 16. Slow-Cooker Black Bean-Mushroom Chili Black beans, earthy mushrooms, and tangy tomatillos combine with a variety of spices and smoky ... ...Show details