Easy Acorn Squash
EASY ACORN SQUASH
baking winter squash cut side down in a small amount of water really makes it tender, and eliminates tough spots. this recipe came from a sticker on a squash i bought several years ago.
Time: 45 minutes
- preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- cut squash in half and remove all seeds and strings
- place squash halves upside down in a shallow pan
- pour water in pan to a depth of 1 / 4 inch
- bake for 35 minutes
- if any water remains , drain it off
- turn squash over
- sprinkle cut side of squash lightly with salt if desired
- mix together the marmalade and melted butter and spoon over cut side of squash pieces
- place under broiler for 5 minutes or until lightly browned
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- acorn squash
- orange marmalade
Sweet and buttery squash--this is quick and easy, and my family loves it.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by TERRYLEE51
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Turn acorn squash upside down onto a cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until it begins to soften, approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove squash from the oven and turn onto a plate so that the flesh is facing upwards. Place butter and brown sugar into the squash, and place remaining squash over the other piece. Place squash in a baking dish (so the squash won't slide around too much) while baking.
- Place squash in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven and bake another 30 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
More recipes about easy acorn squash recipes
Acorn Squash Recipes | Allrecipeshttps://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/2454
Recipe From : allrecipes.comQuick, easy, filling roasted acorn squash recipe! Because the brown sugar is very sweet, this will work for both dinner and dessert! By supanovart. Gingery Quinoa-Stuffed Acorn Squash. Gingery Quinoa-Stuffed Acorn Squash Rating: 4.03 stars. 33 This hearty dish combines quinoa with apples, veggies, and loads of ginger in an acorn squash … ...Show details
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion for-1-or-2 5-ingredients-or-less side-dishes vegetables oven easy beginner-cook winter dietary seasonal squash equipment number-of-servings presentation served-hot