PINEAPPLE COCONUT BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 9 inch square baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, pineapple and rum, mix well. In separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to egg mixture and beat until well blended. Blend in coconut and spread batter evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on wire rack before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 78.8 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES
"I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I'm glad I have it," says field editor Elaine Anderson from Aliquippa, Pennsylvania.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture. Press into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread pineapple over crust; set aside., For topping, in a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs. Stir in coconut. Spread over pineapple. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 calories, Fat 7g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 79mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pineapple in a strainer over a bowl.
- Reserve juice for another use.
- In a medium bowl beat the butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Stir in flour and salt until combined.
- Press into an ungreased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Press pineapple with a spoon to remove the remaining juice.
- Sprinkle pineapple evenly over crust.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg with brown sugar, coconut, vanilla and salt.
- Gently spread coconut mixture over pineapple, keeping pineapple in place as best as you can.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132, Fat 6.5, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 23.1, Sodium 97.1, Carbohydrate 17.7, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 11.7, Protein 1.2
EASY PINEAPPLE-COCONUT SQUARES
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar; beat in egg.
- Combine flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture.
- Press lightly into a prepared baking dish.
- Spread pineapple over crust; set aside.
- For topping: In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar.
- Beat in eggs, then stir in the coconut.
- Spread over pineapple in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 mins, or until golden brown.
My grandmother always kept this cake in the freezer for unexpected company. A nice change of dessert from the usual bar or square recipe. Garnish with icing sugar sprinkled over the top if desired.
Provided by the4taals
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or your hands until coarse crumbs form.
- Whisk milk, egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture and knead until just combined, adding a little more flour if too wet or a little more milk if too dry. Divide the dough into thirds; 2/3 will be for the bottom, save 1/3 for the top.
- Roll 2/3 the dough out onto a lightly floured surface into an 11x15-inch rectangle. Place dough into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan, making sure it comes at least halfway up the sides.
- Combine pineapple and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, pour reserved pineapple juice into a bowl and add cornstarch; stir until dissolved. Add to the saucepan and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and let filling cool in the refrigerator, about 15 minutes.
- Scrape filling onto the bottom dough in the baking pan and smooth out.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll remaining 1/3 dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a 9x13-inch rectangle. Roll the dough onto the rolling pin and unroll on top of the pineapple filling, making sure edges of the dough reach the edges of the pan.
- Combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Add vanilla extract and cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle streusel topping over dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack. Cut into 24 squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.9 calories, Carbohydrate 22.4 g, Cholesterol 28.3 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 97.2 mg, Sugar 10.9 g
More about "easy pineapple coconut squares recipes"
EASY PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
4.5/5 (53)Calories 142 per servingCategory Dessert
EASY PINEAPPLE SQUARES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
PINEAPPLE COCONUT CHERRY DREAM BARS - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
COCONUT-PINEAPPLE BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY PINEAPPLE BARS - THISBAGOGIRL
EASY COCONUT PINEAPPLE BREAD - KINDLY UNSPOKEN
15 PERFECT PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES RECIPE - THIS ELECTRIC HOME
EASY PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES | COCONUT SQUARES, EASY SUGAR …
PINEAPPLE COCONUT BARS | PINA COLADA DESSERT BARS RECIPE
PINEAPPLE COCONUT CRUMB BARS RECIPE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
MOM'S ALMOST NO BAKE PINEAPPLE SQUARES RECIPE
10 BEST PINEAPPLE SQUARES RECIPES | YUMMLY
PINEAPPLE COCONUT BARS - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
FRESH + EASY PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT BARS RECIPE - CITYLINE
COCONUT PINEAPPLE SQUARES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
PINEAPPLE COCONUT BARS - IMPERIAL SUGAR
EASY PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
PINEAPPLE COCONUT BARS | BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
EASY PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
10 BEST CRUSHED PINEAPPLE DESSERT SQUARES RECIPES - YUMMLY
PINEAPPLE BARS EASY - THERESCIPES.INFO
COCONUT PINEAPPLE BARS RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT TRAYBAKE - ONLY CRUMBS REMAIN
EASY PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES | PINAPPLE DESSERT RECIPES, …
EASY PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES - DVO.COM
BEST PINEAPPLE BARS (EASY NO FAIL DESSERT BARS) - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
EASY PINEAPPLE BARS (WITH VIDEO) - LAUGHING SPATULA
PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT SQUARES | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
PINEAPPLE BARS WITH COCONUT DRIZZLE - LAUGHING SPATULA
PINEAPPLE COCONUT BARS - DIXIE CRYSTALS
PINEAPPLE COCONUT BARS - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
EASY PINEAPPLE BARS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES | COOKIE BAR RECIPES ... - PINTEREST
PINEAPPLE CRUMB BARS - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
PINEAPPLE COCONUT CHESS BARS - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
EASY COCONUT MERINGUE PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
28 EASY CANNED PINEAPPLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
OATMEAL SQUARES WITH PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT (GLUTEN-FREE)
EASY PINEAPPLE COCONUT SQUARES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #nuts #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #coconut #tropical-fruit #pineapple
You'll also love