EASY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Roll and coat chicken cubes in flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until not longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir celery, green peppers, and onion in heated oil until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Whisk ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple, and brown sugar in a bowl; pour into the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir chicken and vegetables in sauce until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.6 calories, Carbohydrate 49.3 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 870.1 mg, Sugar 31.6 g
SWEET AND SOUR PORK RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: pork, salt, corn flour, egg, corn flour, oil, oil, garlic, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, pineapple, white caster sugar, rice vinegar, ketchup
Provided by Evelyn Liu
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients with the pork. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge 20 minutes.
- Place the corn flour in a large bowl and toss the marinated pork chunks until liberally coated.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the oil to 350˚F (180°C).
- Deep fry the pork pieces for about 3-4 minutes until the coating is golden brown and the pork is cooked throughout. Set aside.
- For the sauce, place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Sauté the garlic until fragrant, then fry the peppers until soften.
- Add in the pineapple and warm thorough.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, and ketchup, stir. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the pork to the frying pan and coat everything evenly with the sauce.
- Serve top with sesame seeds.
- Nutrition Calories: 2299 Fat: 220 grams Carbs: 55 grams Fiber: 3 grams Sugars: 44 grams Protein: 35 grams
EASY SWEET AND SOUR PORK
This is a quick-and-easy recipe - and it comes in mighty handy at the end of a busy work day! I enjoy collecting cookbooks and am always looking for new ideas. I found this one in a magazine, and my family really liked it.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine 3 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice with water, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper flakes. Set aside. , In a skillet or wok, heat oil on high. Stir-fry pork until it is no longer pink. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute. Add carrots and onion; continue to stir-fry until tender, about 3 minutes. Add pepper, snow peas, pineapple and soy sauce mixture that has been stirred. Cook until sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
SWEET AND SOUR PORK
- Blend cornstarch and soy sauce in small bowl; stir in pork until well coated.
- Brown pork in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir carrots, onion, bell pepper and sweet & sour sauce into pork mixture. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Add pineapple chunks; cook and stir only until pineapple is heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.3 calories, Carbohydrate 36.1 g, Cholesterol 53.6 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 669.7 mg, Sugar 25.8 g
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE I
- Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 236.3 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE FOR CHICKEN OR PORK
There are 104 recipes for sweet and sour sauce on the Zaar, but none like this one. Lightly battered chicken or pork chunks, green pepper, onions, thinly sliced carrots, and pineapple chunks served with the sauce over rice make a complete meal.
Provided by threeovens
Yield 1/2 cup, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce together and bring to a boil in a small pot. Mix together the cornstarch and water, add to the other ingredients and stir to thicken.
- For a thicker sauce, increase the cornstarch to 5 teaspoons.
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN (OR PORK)
I learned this recipe from my mom and I still love it! While it does take some time to make, the outcome is just as good as take-out! You will need a Fry Daddy or a frying pan with oil in order to fry the meat. Put enough oil in the frying pan so that the meat can float to the top.
Provided by NHNichole
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Frying the chicken (or pork): Cut up chicken (or pork) into small pieces.
- Mix breading ingredients (it will be runny).
- Dip each piece of meat into the breading then place into the oil until it turns brown.
- Make sure the meat has enough time to cook before removing it.
- Drain the fried chicken (or pork) and set aside, or place a cover over them to keep them warm.
- Sauce: Melt the margarine in a frying pan, and add the onion, green pepper and sliced carrots.
- I often add other peppers or snow peas as well.
- Once the veggies are cooked stir in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the pineapple.
- Cook until it boils and add cornstarch if it is too runny.
- Finally add the Pineapple for the last 5 min.
- of cooking time.
- Finally: Serve over rice if desired.
SIMPLE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
This is a simple sweet and sour sauce with nice depth of flavor. You can use it for marinating chicken and pork or for a dipping sauce. Goes great with meatballs for something a little different. For a zesty kick, add some bottled hot pepper sauce.
Provided by MURDOCH
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Stir pineapple chunks with juice, 3/4 cup water, rice vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce together in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until the pineapple is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour pineapple mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Return mixture to saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water together in a bowl until smooth; stir into the sauce. Increase heat to medium. Cook and stir sauce until thick, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 28.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 71.3 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
LINDA'S SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
My mother-in-law gave me the best recipe for sweet and sour sauce that I've ever tried. We like it best on meatballs, but it's also good on leftover cooked chicken or roast pork, and my children even like it on chopped-up hotdogs ! My husband prefers it to be served with mashed potatoes on the side, so he can scoop some of the sauce over them.
Provided by Terri Newell
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine water and white sugar in saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Add ketchup, return to boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water.
- Add cornstarch mixture to boiling mixture slowly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until thickened.
- note- this makes a fairly thick sauce.
- If you prefer a runnier consistency, use less cornstarch.
SWEET AND SOUR PORK/CHICKEN
This is one of the most popular dish on our menu...right up there with General Tso's. The sauce in our version is not super sweet so adjust the amount of sugar to your taste.
Provided by NavyDoc13
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs rice wine, and meat in a bowl. Stir to coat & let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix in a small bowl, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, water, 1 tbs cornstarch, 2 tsp soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- Remove meat from marinade. Dip meat in egg wash, drain excess, then dredge in cornstarch and shake off the excess.
- In a wok or deep fryer, heat oil to 360 degrees. Fry meat a few pieces at a time to not drop temperature, turning occasionally until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Repeat process for remaining meat pieces.
- Sautee onions and bell peppers until onions are translucent, add sauce, cook sauce over medium-high heat, stirring, until boils and thickens then stir in pineapples and meat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place meat on a bed of rice & top with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.1, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 109.9, Sodium 911.4, Carbohydrate 34.6, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 29.4, Protein 19.8
More about "easy sweet and sour sauce for chicken or pork recipes"
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE (HOMEMADE SWEET AND …
Ratings 11Calories 59 per servingCategory Sauce
- Mix together pineapple juice, water, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, pepper flakes, salt and soy sauce in a medium saucepan. Set the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir together cornstarch and water, whisk it into the sauce and cook 1 minute or until the sauce has thickened. Transfer sauce to a heatproof dish.
- If not using immediately, allow the sauce to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate, in an airtight container, until ready to use.
EASY 15-MINUTE SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - AVERIE COOKS
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN WITH RUSSIAN DRESSING RECIPE
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE - EASY SWEET AND SOUR …
RACHAEL’S SWEET AND SOUR PORK OR CHICKEN | RECIPE
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN STIR FRY - RECIPETIN EATS
RECIPE: SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN (OR PORK!) | KITCHN
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
HOW TO COOK CHINESE-STYLE CRISPY SWEET AND SOUR PORK
SWEET AND SOUR PORK - BEST EVER! | RECIPETIN EATS
DUMP-AND-BAKE SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - THE …
SWEET AND SOUR PORK - FAKE GINGER
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN MEATBALLS - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR PORK WITH PINEAPPLE - TRYCHINESEGOODIES.COM
SWEET AND SOUR PORK - PORK - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR PORK - ASIAN FOOD RECIPES AND TECHNIQUES
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
EASY SWEET & SOUR SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE - WITH SAUCE! ROXY CHOW DOWN
SWEET AND SOUR PORK - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
BEST CHICKEN IN SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE (15 MINS)
SWEET & SOUR PORK - PLAIN CHICKEN
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
SWEET AND SOUR LEFTOVER CHICKEN - ONCE UPON A FOOD BLOG
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN, PORK, AND MEATBALL RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN SKILLET - THE CHUNKY CHEF
EASY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
EASY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN STIR FRY - THE YUMMY BOWL
EASY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - COOKING WITH CHEF BRYAN
SWEET AND SOUR PORK - CAFE DELITES
QUICK & EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - WOK YOUR WORLD FOOD BLOG
SWEET & SOUR SMOKED SAUSAGE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SWEET AND SOUR PORK OVER RICE – A QUICK & EASY DINNER RECIPE
QUICK & EASY SWEET AND SOUR PORK STIR FRY - PLAYS WELL WITH BUTTER
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR PORK RECIPE - BESTCOOKINGGUIDE
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE FOR PORK RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #healthy #sauces #condiments-etc #asian #chinese #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #sweet-sauces #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love