EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO
These empanadas use queso chanco, but a good substitute is a mixture of Swiss and Havarti. I usually bake mine, but they are really good fried. I serve these with a chile-Chile sauce.
Provided by damasio
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Pastries
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Combine the lard and milk in a saucepan, and heat until the milk is hot. Pour the hot milk into the flour mixture, and stir until a dough forms. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Cover, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch rounds. Brush the outer edges of each circle with beaten egg, and fill with a small mound of cheese. Fold each circle in half to form a half-moon; press the edges with your fingers or a fork to seal. Place the empanadas onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with remaining egg.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden-brown, about 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, the empanadas may be deep fried in 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil. If deep frying, do not brush the outsides of the empanadas with egg. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 57.4 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 14.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 286.7 mg, Sugar 2 g
EMPANADAS DE QUESO CON RAJAS (POBLANO CHILE AND CHEESE EMPANADAS)
Queso con rajas and empanadas have always been one of my favorites. So I combined the two and came up with these tasty empanadas.
Provided by Yoly
Categories Main Dish Recipes Savory Pie Recipes Vegetarian Pie
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place poblano directly on the grates of a gas stove. Cook over medium heat, flipping with tongs occasionally, until blackened and charred, about 5 minutes. Place in a sealed plastic bag and allow to cool, 7 to 8 minutes. Peel off charred skins, remove seeds, and cut flesh into 1-inch squares.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons Manchego cheese onto each empanada disc. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon poblano peppers. Fold dough over on top of filling to close. Wet fingers with water and run them along the edges to help seal. Press edges together. Place empanadas on the prepared baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 24 to 26 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20.9 g, Cholesterol 23.1 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 333.3 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
EMPANADAS DE JAMON, QUESO, Y HUEVO DURO (HAM, CHEESE, AND HARD-BOILED EGG EMPANADAS)
These are my easy to-make delicious empanadas when I am in a hurry, and of course, they are my kids' favorite! Gouda, hard-boiled eggs, and ham empanadas are light and full of flavor, a perfect easy midweek Mediterranean dinner.
Provided by Fioa
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Spanish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine ham, Gouda cheese, and hard-boiled eggs in a bowl; mix well.
- Arrange pastry disks on a flat surface; dab a little water around the rims. Place a large tablespoonful of ham and cheese mixture in the center; fold pastry over and press edge with a fork to seal well.
- Place empanadas on the prepared baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.2 g, Cholesterol 84.9 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 533.1 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
EMPANADAS CON QUESO
These present an absolutely addictive and intriguing blend of flavours! Unlikely sounding, but delicious! Cooking time includes chilling time. If you want to freeze them, freeze uncooked seperately the filling and pastry. When defrosting, you don't need to defrost the filling, but definitely defrost the pastry or you won't be able to fold it! You might like to have it already cut in circles before freezing for convenience. You might need to bake a little longer - I didn't, but I have a fan-forced oven.
Provided by melting pot
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut in 1/2 pound butter to the flour to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add egg and vinegar. Combine.
- Knead lightly for a couple of seconds before covering in cling wrap and refrigerating for 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Saute the onion and spinach. Set aside to allow to cool, approx.20-25 minute.
- Normally I use this time now to grate the cheese and chop the hazelnuts. When the spinach is cool, mix with hazelnuts, raisins and cheese.
- Remove pastry from fridge. Using a 3 1/2 inch circle cutter, cut out circles. Place approximately 1 tablespoon in the middle of each circle, brush edges with egg wash and fold to enclose. Do not discard egg wash. Place on greased baking tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minute.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove empanadas from fridge and brush egg wash lightly over the tops. Bake for about 25 min or until lightly golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 800.3, Fat 52.2, SaturatedFat 26.6, Cholesterol 166, Sodium 501.7, Carbohydrate 64.1, Fiber 5, Sugar 12.7, Protein 22.7
EMPANADA DE QUESO: CHEESE TURNOVERS
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the chilled butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the egg and vinegar. Slowly add the water, as needed, mixing to form the dough, until well blended. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and knead gently until the dough becomes smooth, only a few seconds. Wrap well and chill for 30 minutes.
- Saute onion in butter and add spinach over medium heat. Cool and then combine with cheese, hazelnuts, and raisins.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the chilled dough to 1/8 inch thick (keep the other half refrigerated until ready to use). Cut out 3-inch circles. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each circle. Brush egg wash around the edges of the dough. Fold the edges up forming a pouch, and seal.
- Refrigerate the empanadas on greased or parchment lined baking sheets at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the empanadas with egg wash and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
EMPANADAS CON QUESO
These are so yummy! This is supposed to serve 4, but DH and I always wolf it all down and it's just the 2 of us!! Serve with rice and beans. There will be a lot of cheese sauce, which is a little more than you need to top empanadas...but we love it so much, we drizzle it all over our rice and beans and use it as dip for our tortilla chips!! I usually make the filling up ahead of time so it goes faster for me. Note: The original recipe calls for you to make eight 4.5" circles out of both puff pastry sheets. I find it easier to just cut each pastry sheet into thirds (where it's been folded) and cut each third into thirds (each sheet gives you 9 squares, so 18 total). If you use circles, it will make 8 half moon shaped empanadas and if you use squares it will make 18 triangle shaped empanadas. I think it's so much faster to cut squares. Enjoy!
Provided by KPD123
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Toss meat with cajun spices, oregano, cumin, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, saute onions, peppers and garlic in oil until soft. Add seasoned steak and saute until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, broth, and tomato paste. Pour over filling mixture in skillet, simmering for a minute or until slightly thickened.
- Add cheese to filling, then transfer filling mixture to a bowl and chill in the fridge while you get to work on cutting the puff pastry.
- Cut 18 squares from pastry sheets (you'll get 9 squares out of each sheet by cutting it into thirds at the two creases and cutting each strip into three squares). At this point, I like to sprinkle a little flour on each square and make them a bit bigger using a rolling pin.
- Retreive filling from fridge and spoon 1 or 2 tablespoons of filling onto each square or circle. Moisten the edges with water and fold over meat mixture, creating a triangle. Make sure to stuff all the filling in and press the edges together well with your fingers. Then seal the dough by pressing down on the edges with a fork. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry.
- Place empanadas on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Brush each empanada with melted butter and pierce the top with a fork to vent steam. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While empanadas are baking, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Wisk in flour and cook for about 1 minute. Wisk in milk gradually until incorporated. Gradually stir in cheese until melted and thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over empanadas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1279.9, Fat 98.2, SaturatedFat 38.3, Cholesterol 135.5, Sodium 1063.9, Carbohydrate 64.1, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 2.9, Protein 36.3
CHEESIEST FRIED CHICKEN EMPANADAS WITH QUESO DIP
This is a recipe from Paula Deen, foodnetwork.com. I made this for tonight's dinner & served with a side of my recipe for spanish rice (http://www.recipezaar.com/280608). It was great! My husband said it was a 4 our of 5 star dinner. Although, I tweaked the sauce to my own tastes.
Provided by Concoctionista
Yield 12-15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl using a rubber spatula, combine the chicken, colby and Monterey cheese, cream cheese, red pepper, jalapeno, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Remove 1 pie crust from pie tin onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15-inch circle.
- Cut out rounds, using a 3-inch cookie cutter. Re-roll dough as needed.
- Repeat procedure with remaining pie crusts, making 12 to 15 circles total.
- Arrange 1 round on a clean, flat surface.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the edges of crust with water.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken mixture in the center of the round.
- Fold the dough over the filling, pressing the edges with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining rounds and chicken mixture.
- Place empanadas in deep-fryer for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with queso dip.
- Note: Up to this point, the recipe can be made ahead and frozen for up to 1 month.
- In a medium sauce pot, slowly heat cheese over medium/low heat.
- When cheese is fully melted add tomatoes, stirring with spoon until combined well.
- Pour cheese dip into a small casserole dish and serve as a dip for the cheesy empanadas or pour on top for a real cheesy effect.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.4, Fat 19.7, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 22.5, Sodium 732.4, Carbohydrate 20.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2.4, Protein 6.3
More about "empanadas con queso recipes"
CHEESE AND CORN EMPANADAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR EMPANADAS RECIPE | LEANNE BROWN
FRIED CORN EMPANADAS WITH QUESO FRESCO | AUTHENTIC …
18 BEST QUESO RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
BAKED QUESO EMPANADAS IN MINUTES WITH PEPPERIDGE …
CHILEAN-STYLE CHEESE EMPANADAS (FRITAS DE QUESO) RECIPE
RECIPE FOR BAKED CHEESE EMPANADAS OR EMPANADAS DE …
BEST EMPANADAS DE QUESO (CHEESE EMPANADAS) RECIPE
QUESO BLANCO AND GUAVA EMPANADAS - TROPICAL CHEESE
SHRIMP EMPANADAS (EMPANADAS DE CAMARONES) RECIPE …
EMPANADAS DE QUESO RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
(EMPANADAS DE QUESO) FRIED EMPANADA DOUGH WITH SPICY CHEESE …
NICARAGUAN TAJADAS CON QUESO - NATA KNOWS BEST
EMPANADAS CON QUESO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EMPANADAS DE QUESO + VIDEO | MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
EMPANADAS CON QUESO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ECUADORIAN FOOD - HOW TO MAKE EMPANADAS DE QUESO - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS GUAVA AND CHEESE EMPANADAS
ECUADORIAN FRIED CHEESE EMPANADAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BOCA RECIPE: EMPANADA DE QUESO (CORN CHEESE PATTY)
EMPANADAS CON QUESO - SPANISH RECIPES
EMPANADAS CON QUESO RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BOLIVIAN CHEESE EMPANADAS - CHIPA BY THE DOZEN
SWEET & SAVORY EMPANADAS WITH QUESO FRESCO | CACIQUE® INC.
EASY MOUTHWATERING CHORIZO & QUESO EMPANADAS
CHEESE EMPANADAS - COSTA RICA - PURA VIDA MOMS
CHORIQUESO EMPANADAS - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
CHEESIEST FRIED CHICKEN EMPANADAS WITH CHILI CON QUESO DIP …
QUESO FRESCO AND CHORIZO EMPANADAS - CACIQUE® INC.
EMPANADAS DE JAMóN Y QUESO (HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS)
EMPANADAS CON QUESO - CHAMPSDIET.COM
EMPANADAS DE BOCADILLO CON QUESO (GUAVA PASTE ... - MY …
EMPANADAS DE QUESO - COOKEATSHARE
COLOMBIAN EMPANADAS (EMPANADAS COLOMBIANAS) - MY ... - MY …
EMPANADAS DE QUESO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EMPANADAS DE QUESO(CHEESE EMPANADAS) - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #lunch #snacks #eggs-dairy #fruit #vegetables #caribbean #mexican #central-american #dinner-party #finger-food #vegetarian #nuts #cheese #cuban #dietary #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #greens #spinach #brunch #number-of-servings #presentation #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love