FENNEL APPLE SALAD
A simple, refreshing, savory-sweet salad. Thinly sliced fennel is tossed with apple, orange, herbs and an orange- Dijon vinaigrette. Would pair beautifully with grilled fish or roasted, herb chicken and a crisp white wine such as a Sancerre.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by EAUBELLE
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Toss fennel, apple, clementine segments, kalamata olives, and Swiss chard together in a large bowl.
- Scatter basil and parsley atop fennel salad.
- Whisk lemon juice, orange juice, Dijon mustard, celery seed, oregano, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into lemon juice mixture while whisking vigorously to combine dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to combine.
FENNEL-APPLE SALAD WITH WALNUTS
A bright and tangy salad cuts the heaviness of the typical Thanksgiving meal. This one, with fennel, celery, apples and toasted walnuts, is all crunch, which the carb-heavy meal can generally use more of. You can make the dressing a day ahead and store it in the fridge, but don't dress the salad until an hour before serving.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories salads and dressings, side dish
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in oil, continuously whisking, until dressing is emulsified. Taste and add more lemon juice and/or salt if needed.
- In a large bowl, toss the dressing with fennel, apple and celery. Fold in fennel fronds or parsley and walnuts. Top with Parmesan just before serving.
APPLE FENNEL SALAD
This fennel salad is a favorite of my wife's. Preserved lemon may be difficult to find, but the salad is still delicious without it. -Jason Purkey, Ocean City, Maryland
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, bring vinegar to a boil; cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened to a glaze consistency. Cool slightly., In a large bowl, combine arugula, fennel and apple. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, pepper and salt until blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Add cheese and walnuts., Drizzle eight plates with balsamic glaze. Top with salad.
FENNEL AND APPLE SALAD WITH CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend; season dressing with salt and pepper. Combine apple, fennel and arugula in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Mound salad on 4 plates; sprinkle with pecans.
FENNEL-AND-APPLE SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE
- Trim tops and bottoms of fennels; peel outer layer. Slice lengthwise as thinly as possible. Transfer to large bowl. Cut celery on diagonal into very thin slices; add to bowl. Quarter and core unpeeled apple. Cut each quarter lengthwise into very thin slices. Place in small bowl; squeeze juice from one lemon over apples; toss. Add to fennel. Add apricots and 1/4 cup chopped nuts to fennel.
- Squeeze remaining lemon over salad. Drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper; toss. Transfer to serving bowl. Crumble goat cheese over top; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon nuts.
FENNEL AND APPLE SALAD
- In a small bowl, whisk 6 tbsp of the oil, the vinegar, shallot, 1/2 tsp of the mustard, and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside. Meanwhile in large bowl toss the fennel bulb, escarole, Apple, 1/4 tsp salt and pinch of pepper with with any juice.
People also searched
More recipes about "fennel and apple salad recipe"
FENNEL SALAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
2016-11-16 · Directions Slice two bulbs of fennel as thinly as you can (use a mandoline if you have one) and toss with red onion slices and some of the fennel fronds. Add …
APPLE & FENNEL SLAW - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
1999-08-01 · Put the lemon juice in a large bowl. Cut one of the apples in half, core it, and julienne it. Put the cut apple in the bowl and toss it with the lemon juice to keep it from browning. Repeat with the other apples.
CELERY, APPLE, AND FENNEL SLAW RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
2011-06-07 · Step 1. Whisk first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add celery and celery leaves, thinly sliced fennel and chopped fennel fronds, and apple; toss to coat. …
FRESH APPLE AND FENNEL SALAD RECIPE - INSPIRED TASTE
This Apple and Fennel Salad Recipe is absolutely perfect served next to something on the heavier side. The crisp tart apples cut through anything and everything heavy. We just love it! Our New Favorite Salad! Fresh and Crisp Fennel and Apple Salad Recipe. We shared this recipe over on Bettycrocker.com. To see and print the recipe visit, Tangy Apple Fennel Slaw Recipe…
See details ››
APPLE FENNEL SALAD | CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
2018-09-20 · Remove the core and then thinly slice all the apples on the mandolin slicer. Thinly slice the celery on the mandolin. Add the fennel, apple, and celery to a large bowl. Gently toss the salad with …
- In a mason jar, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and Toscano PGI Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add salt and pepper to taste (I use 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper). Put on the lid and shake to combine until dressing is emulsified. Add and taste to adjust salt/pepper/lemon as needed. (If your lemon isn't super ripe, you might want a bit more juice).
- Using a mandolin slicer, thinly slice the fennel bulb. Cut the apples in half and then half again. Remove the core and then thinly slice all the apples on the mandolin slicer. Thinly slice the celery on the mandolin. Add the fennel, apple, and celery to a large bowl.
- Gently toss the salad with the dressing. Right before serving add the roasted walnuts and freshly shaved/grated Parmigiano Reggiano PDO. Enjoy!
BRAISED FENNEL WITH APPLES - FAMILY RECIPES, SWEETS & DINNER
2019-06-15 · Heat the butter and oil in a large pan. Add the fennel and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes or until slightly golden. Add the apple slices and continue cooking, stirring …
- Cut the fennel tops and bottoms. Reserve some of the fronds and set them aside. Cut the fennel bulbs in half, lengthwise. Quarter each half, making sure you leave some of the core attached so that the fennel pieces don't fall apart too much during cooking. I had 5 slices from each half.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan. Add the fennel and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes or until slightly golden.
ARUGULA FENNEL APPLE SALAD RECIPE | WICKED SPATULA
2019-08-14 · Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, pink peppercorns, and sea salt until well mixed. Prep the fruit and veggies. Cut fennel and apples. Slice them as thinly as you can!
- Thinly slice the apple and fennel. I use a mandoline to make this easier. Either cube or thinly slice the avocado as well. Toss the apple, fennel, and avocado with the arugula and the toss with the dressing and serve.
SALMON, FENNEL, AND APPLE SALAD RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
2014-09-22 · So we tweaked this salmon, fennel, and apple salad recipe ever so slightly from the original to accommodate either raw or cooked salmon, depending on which you fancy. Before you …
- Quarter the fennel bulb, trimming the top and removing any coarse outer leaves. Core each quarter. Using a very sharp knife or a mandoline, cut the fennel quarters crosswise into very thin slices. Place the fennel in a bowl and toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice. Halve and core the apple and cut it into matchstick-size strips. Slice the onion into very thin rings. Toss the apple and onion into the bowl with the fennel and lemon juice. Add the vinaigrette and toss. (Don’t make the salad too far in advance as it becomes sorta droopy if it sits around more than 30 minutes or so.)
- If using raw salmon, thinly slice the salmon fillet at an angle with a very sharp knife as if you were slicing smoked salmon, leaving the skin behind. Arrange the salmon slices on individual plates or a platter, being careful not to overlap the slices. Brush the slices with the oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice evenly over the salmon and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes—no longer. If using cooked salmon, arrange it on individual plates.
FENNEL SALAD WITH APPLES & CREAMY CIDER DRESSING - THE ...
2021-01-26 · Slice the fennel bulb, then add it to the bowl with the apple. Add the shaved cabbage and the sliced green onion to the bowl. Whisk together the apple cider, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and …
- Peel, core and coarsely grate the apple on a cheese grater. Place in a large bowl and immediately toss with cider vinegar to prevent browning.
- Remove stalks and fronds from the fennel bulb. Reserve some of the nicer feathery fronds for a garnish; discard the rest. Cut the fennel bulb in half and thinly slice on a mandoline (if you have one) or with a sharp knife. Place in the large bowl with the apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apple cider, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper. Gradually pour over the salad and mix well (you probably won’t need all of the dressing). I typically use about half to ¾ of the dressing, and then save the rest in the fridge for another salad later. Serve immediately or cover and chill. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds.
FENNEL-APPLE SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2014-08-01 · Finely chop fennel fronds to equal 1 1/2 Tbsp., and sprinkle over salad. Add fennel slices to salad. Step 2 Toss together apple slices, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Toss together first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Slice fennel bulb thinly, reserving fronds. Finely chop fennel fronds to equal 1 1/2 Tbsp., and sprinkle over salad. Add fennel slices to salad.
- Toss together apple slices, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl. Add apple mixture to fennel mixture; toss to combine.
FENNEL & APPLE SALAD | A CRUNCHY ITALIAN DELIGHT FROM ...
ROAST PORK WITH FENNEL AND APPLE SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
2019-09-17 · Toss fennel bulb and fronds, apple, lime zest and juice, chiles, and cilantro in a large bowl; season salad with salt. Drizzle oil over and toss to coat. Serve pork with salad. How would you rate...
FENNEL AND APPLE SALAD RECIPE | HAYLIE DUFF | COOKING CHANNEL
2014-07-29 · 2 green apples, thinly sliced. 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced. 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced. 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme. Juice of 1 lemon. Drizzle of olive oil. Sea salt and black pepper
FENNEL-APPLE SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
2016-09-22 · Peel and finely dice the onion. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add the onion and sauté. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then deglaze with the broth.
APPLE & FENNEL SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2016-06-03 · Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add apple and fennel and toss to coat. Chop 1/4 cup of the fennel fronds and add to the bowl along with lettuce and blue cheese; gently toss. Advertisement.
SPRING APPLE AND FENNEL SALAD WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE ...
2019-04-01 · Directions For the salad: Place the apple, sliced fennel and fennel fronds in a large bowl. Add the dill, radish and cucumber and toss all together. On a larger platter, layer the butter lettuce...
FENNEL AND APPLE SALAD - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
2021-01-05 · First, place the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt into a dressing bottle or glass jar, close it and shake it to blend. If you like, you can add some freshly cracked black pepper, but it's not necessary. Second, rinse both the fennel bulb and apple. Cut …
FENNEL-AND-APPLE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Step 1. Trim base from fennel bulb; cut bulb in half, and thinly slice, reserving fennel fronds for garnish, if desired. Advertisement. Step 2. Stir together fennel, apple, and next 5 ingredients. Stir in cheese and, if desired, juniper berries. Cover and chill 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
See details ››
CRISPY, CRUNCHY APPLE FENNEL SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND HONEY ...
1. Apple. , Granny Smith or other crisp, tart variety. 1. Fennel. , bulb. Adjust your mandoline to slice at a thickness of about a tenth of an inch (2 mm). It doesn’t have to be exact, so don’t stress if your pieces end up a little thicker than that. Slice and reserve about 100 g of apples and 100 g of fennel.
See details ››
SUPER CRUNCHY FENNEL, APPLE AND CABBAGE SLAW | FLOATING ...
2020-11-02 · In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the dressing until well combined. Add the sliced fennel, apple, celery and shredded red cabbage to a large bowl. Drizzle in the dressing, tossing to coat. Stir in the dried cherries, pepitas and fennel fronds.
See details ››
10 FENNEL SALAD RECIPES WITH LOTS OF FLAVOR | ALLRECIPES
2021-06-07 · View Recipe. this link opens in a new tab. You need fewer than 10 ingredients to make this simple salad: celery, fennel, a tart apple, lime juice, celery, olive oil, walnuts, salt, and pepper. 8 …
See details ››