FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE-WALNUT TORTE
Luscious flourless chocolate cake is a staple dessert for people who follow a gluten-free diet. Many of these cakes rely on butter for richness, but the secret to this dairy-free recipe is coconut oil. If you serve the cake chilled, it tastes even fudgier. Martha made this recipe on "Martha Bakes" episode 810.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 8-inch torte
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil an 8-inch round cake pan. Line bottom with parchment; oil parchment and dust with cocoa.
- Melt together 1/2 cup oil and 8 ounces (1 1/3 cups) chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar until combined. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time. Whisk in cocoa, vanilla, and salt; fold in ground walnuts. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until cake is set, about 35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool completely, preferably overnight. Run a knife around edge to loosen; remove from pan. Transfer cake to a serving plate.
- Melt remaining 2 ounces (1/3 cup) chocolate and remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring, until smooth. Pour over center of cake and spread to cover top. Sprinkle chopped walnuts in center. Cut into wedges; serve. (Torte can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day.)
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE I
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch round cake pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water, salt and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
- Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave oven melt the bittersweet chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Cut the butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate, 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan. To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.9 calories, Carbohydrate 27.5 g, Cholesterol 101.6 mg, Fat 24 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 66 mg, Sugar 23.8 g
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using 1/2 tablespoon butter grease a 9-inch springform pan and line bottom with a parchment round. Cover pan underneath and along sides with foil and set in a roasting pan. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, and amaretto in a metal bowl set over simmering water or in the top of a double boiler. Melt the mixture, stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes; reserve.
- Meanwhile combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy and almost doubled in volume, about 5 to 10 minutes. Fold 1/3 of egg mixture into chocolate mixture using a rubber spatula. Repeat this process 2 more times - until all of egg mixture has been folded into chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan and place in the roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides. Bake until cake has risen slightly and edges are just beginning to set, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove cake from roasting pan and cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove foil, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cake from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Remove springform pan sides, invert cake onto a large plate, and peel away the parchment paper from bottom. Reinvert cake on another large plate or serving platter and garnish with confectioners' sugar or cocoa powder immediately before serving.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE
Chocoholics-like me!-know that nothing says chocolate like a flourless torte. -Kayla Albrecht, Freeport, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly., In another large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in chocolate mixture. With clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until foamy., Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into chocolate mixture, then fold in remaining whites., Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 40-45 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack., Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Remove rim from pan. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 24g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 108mg cholesterol, Sodium 121mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
ULTIMATE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE
Looks so inviting - I wish I could post the picture. Also found on the Godiva website. I didn't post the chilling and cooling time, approximately - 4 hours.
Provided by Manami
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Position rack in lower third of the oven.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9"x2" round springform pan.
- Line bottom of pan with round of parchment or waxed paper and butter paper.
- In a food processor fitted with metal blade, place chocolate, sugar, and coffee.
- Cover and process for 15-20 seconds, until finely ground.
- With motor running, pour boiling water through the feed tube.
- Process for 10-15 seconds, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down sides of work bowl.
- Add butter and process for about 5 seconds or until incorpaorated.
- Add eggs and vanilla and process for about 5 seconds or until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Scrape chocolate batter into prepared pan and smooth top with rubber spatula.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until edges of the cake are puffy and center is just set.
- Cool cake in pan on wire racks for 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until ready to serve.
- In medium saucepan, place frozen raspberries and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly with wooden spoon until sugar is completely dissolved and berries are soft.
- DO NOT LET MIXTURE BOIL.
- Strain raspberrey mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a bowl.
- Add liqueur, cover and refrigerate.
- Run a thin-blended knife around edge of cake to loosen it from sides of springform pan.
- Remove side of sprinform pan.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- Peel off paper and refrigerate while preparing whipped cream.
- In a large chilled bowl, beat cream with sugar and vanilla just until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Spread thin even layer of whipped cream over top of the chocolate cake.
- ****Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip(such as Ateco #6) with remaining whipped cream. OPTIONAL. Completely cover top of cake with whipped cream rosettes.****.
- To serve drizzle some raspberry coulis onto each dessert plate.
- With a sharp thin-bladed knife, slice cake, wipe blade clean between each cut.
- Place slices on plates, and garnish with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 869.4, Fat 54.9, SaturatedFat 32.6, Cholesterol 268.2, Sodium 196.2, Carbohydrate 89.5, Fiber 5, Sugar 80.1, Protein 9.1
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter the bottom and side of a 9-inch springform pan. Combine the chocolate and 1 1/2 sticks butter in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water) and stir until melted and combined. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and let cool slightly.
- Combine the eggs, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and thick, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Gently fold half of the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until just combined, then gently fold in the rest. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the top is no longer shiny and barely jiggles and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbs, 35 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely in the pan. Remove the springform ring and transfer to a platter; dust with cocoa powder.
People also searched
More about "flourless chocolate torte recipes"
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE - …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 9" springform cake pan or 9" cake pan then line the bottom with a circle piece of unbleached parchment paper.
- In a double boiler or using a homemade "double boiler" (fill a medium-size saucepan 1/4-1/2 way full with water, then cover with a heatproof large glass bowl - see below for my favorite recommended bowls) - then place over medium-low heat to bring the water to a low boil, then simmer. Add the chocolate chips and healthy fat of choice to the double boiler or glass bowl. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon or heatproof silicone spatula until everything is melted, glossy and evenly distributed. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Using a handheld mixer (or a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment), add the eggs to the chocolate batter one egg at a time, beating on low or medium-low speed until everything is fully incorporated - the batter will be thinner than a typical cake batter.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
- Preheat oven to 350F and line the bottom of an 8″ springform pan with parchment paper. Do not grease.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pot of water until smooth. Stir in the butter until completely melted and combined. Set aside.
KETO FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPE - …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Let the mixture cool down for 5 minutes at room temperature. Beat the eggs and powdered sweetener for 2 minutes with a mixer.
- Bake in a 9-inch cake pan (preferably a springform or a pan with removable bottom) at 300 F for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out wet but with a few moist crumbs on the bottom. You can bake in a water bath, but baking time will be around 90 minutes.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE - ONLY FIVE …
4.8/5 (3)Category Low Carb BakingServings 12Total Time 1 hr 2 mins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter, coconut oil, or non stick spray, and dust with a bit of cocoa powder.
- Combine sugar-free chocolate and butter in the top of the double boiler (or a heat safe bowl) and place over the top of the simmering water. Stir until chocolate and butter are completely melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- With a stand mixer and whisk attachment, whisk the egg yolks with 1/2 cup of powdered erythritol until they reach the ribbon stage.
EASY FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE (ONLY 5 …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Place the butter in a small saucepan and over very low heat. Stir until almost melted, and then start adding the chocolate; continue stirring until almost all melted. Remove from heat and stir until chocolate is completely melted. If you don't follow these directions, you may end up with hard chocolate. Set aside. (This is one of the steps that makes this recipe easier--no double boiler. However, if you're not comfortable melting the butter and chocolate in a pot, feel free to do this step in a double boiler.)
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then add 1/3 of the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- In a larger bowl, using the same beaters, beat the egg yolks and remaining sugar until very thick and pale yellow. This will only take a few minutes on a stand mixer, but much longer by hand. Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture, and beat on low speed, until evenly combined.
- Add cocoa powder (or flour, if using) and continue beating at low speed. Clean the side of the bowl with a spatula occasionally.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE (WITH MOCHA …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Make sure you have a bottom oven rack and a center oven rack in place for step 5. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan, line with a parchment paper round, then grease the parchment paper. Parchment paper helps the cake seamlessly release from the pan. The cake WILL stick unless it’s lined and generously greased. (Trust me!)
- Cut the butter into pieces so it melts evenly. Place in a large heat-proof bowl. Add chopped chocolate. Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth. Let cool for 2-3 minutes. You can use a double boiler for this step if desired.
- Whisk the sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla extract into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs until smooth. The mixture will be heavy and tacky, like brownie batter. Whisk in the cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder (if using).
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a metal 8" round cake pan; cut a piece of parchment to fit, grease it, and lay it in the bottom of the pan.
- See "tips," below., To make the cake: Put the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat until the butter is melted and the chips are soft.
RECIPE: FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE | SAINSBURY'S …
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr 5 mins See details »
20 FLOURLESS DESSERTS | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
LA BETE NOIRE - FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE - …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
DELICIOUS~EASY FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE WITH …
See details »
FRENCH FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPES | …
See details »
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (5)Servings 8
- Whisk together egg yolks and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually stir in chocolate mixture; whisk until well blended.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form. Fold one-third beaten egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE | THE BEST CHOCOLATE TORTE …
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease again.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl, until the chocolate is almost completely melted. Remove from heat and stir until smooth and totally melted. Stir in the sugar, then let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, fully combining between each addition. After all the eggs are added, continue to stir until the batter becomes thick, glossy, and utterly gorgeous. Stir in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and any optional boozy addition you desire.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, until the torte jiggles slightly in the middle but is not completely set. Begin checking at the 30-minute mark to ensure the torte does not overbake. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmold. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges and serve alone or with whipped cream, berries, or anything else your heart desires.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsServings 14 See details »
ITALIAN FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTA | CHRISTOPHER KIMBALL’S ...
Servings 8-10Category Desserts See details »
MARIA EMMERICH FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE - THE …
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPE FROM LINDT CANADA
See details »
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
See details »
RICH FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPES
See details »
CHOCOLATE FLOURLESS TORTE RECIPES
See details »
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TORTE WITH GANACHE | WILTON
See details »
You'll also love