Freezer Apricot Jam
FREEZER APRICOT JAM
Time: 1485 minutes
- mix apricots , lemon juice and rind
- add sugar , stir 5 minutes until sugar dissolves
- let stand 20 minutes
- stir in pectin
- ladle into cartons or jars , filling to within 1 / 2 inch of top
- cover with cloth and let stand until set , 24 hours or overnight
- cover and freeze
- to serve , thaw and store in refrigerator
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- lemon juice
- lemon, rind of
- granulated sugar
- liquid certo
FREEZER APRICOT JAM
Make and share this Freezer Apricot Jam recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Dancer
Yield 1 batch
- Mix apricots, lemon juice and rind.
- Add sugar, stir 5 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Stir in pectin.
- Ladle into cartons or jars, filling to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Cover with cloth and let stand until set, 24 hours or overnight. Cover and freeze. To serve, thaw and store in refrigerator.
- (Freeze for 1 month before thawing to use).
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 3 cups apricots, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 bottle liquid Certo
DRIED APRICOT JAM
Yes you can use dried apricots to make jam! This has beautiful color and flavor. I have dried California Blenheim apricots from Apricot King shipped to me in Washington and they are wonderful.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Cookin4Six!
- Soak apricots in boiling water in a bowl until hydrated, about 30 minutes. Blend apricots, remaining water, and vanilla extract in a food processor, working in batches, until blended but still slightly chunky.
- Combine apricot mixture with pectin in a large pot over medium heat; cook until just boiling. Add sugar and lemon juice; boil until sugar has dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the apricot jam into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4-inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool, about 1 hour. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 4 ½ cups dried apricots
- 4 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
APRICOT PINEAPPLE FREEZER JAM
This recipe was given to me by a friend. We have not made it ourselves yet, but tasted hers; and it was divine. She used jelly sized jars; about 1 cup.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Amy Alusa
- 1. Wash containers and lids in hot soapy water. Dry thoroughly and set aside. I use 1 cup plastic containers or jelly sized jars.
- 2. Pit and finely chop unpeeled apricots. Measure exactly 1 1/2 cups into a bowl. Add pineapple with juice and lemon juice. Mix well. Stir in sugar and let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- 3. Mix water and pectin in small pan and bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Add to fruit and stir for 3 minutes or until sugar is all dissolved.
- 4. Immediately fill containers to 1/2 inch from top. Cover with lids and let stand for 24 hours.
- 5. Jam will keep for 3 weeks in the refrigerator or for 1 year in the freezer.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1 1/2 c pitted apricots, chopped
- 1 can(s) (8 oz) of crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c water
- 1 box sure jell fruit pectin
This is a great way to make jam because it's simple, lower in sugar, and lets the flavor of ripe fruit shine. Our method makes it a cinch to save the last of your favorite summer produce, like nectarines, plums, or berries. The key ingredient is pectin, which gives this jam the right consistency. The recipe is so easy, you might just need a second freezer!
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 7 cups
- Thoroughly wash, rinse, and dry seven 8-ounce plastic freezer or glass jars with tight-fitting lids. You can also use zip-top freezer bags.
- In a medium pot, combine fruit and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar and pectin; add to fruit, stirring until sugar mixture dissolves and fruit returns to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Transfer to jars or bags, leaving a 1/2-inch space on top. Seal and let sit at room temperature until jam is set, 2 to 3 hours. To store, freeze, up to 6 months. To thaw jam, transfer to the refrigerator and use within 3 weeks.
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- 5 cups crushed plums, peaches, or nectarines (about 3 pounds fruit), any bruised spots cut away
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (1.75 ounces) powdered, no-sugar-needed pectin
More recipes about freezer apricot jam recipes
Apricot Freezer Jam Recipe (No Refined Sugar) - Healthy
Recipe From : hwcmagazine.comJun 18, 2020 · Apricot Freezer Jam Recipe is a quick small batch recipe without sure jell or refined sugar. Made with fresh apricots, honey, ginger and lemon and ready in 15 minutes. Fabulous on top pancakes, toast, ice cream, in Mini Apricot Tarts and much … ...Show details
30 Minutes to Homemade SURE.JELL Apricot Freezer Jam - My
Recipe From : myfoodandfamily.comPit and finely chop unpeeled apricots. Measure exactly 2-1/2 cups prepared fruit into large bowl. Add lemon juice; mix well. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally. ...Show details
Freezer Apricot Jam | RecipeLion.com
Recipe From : recipelion.comJun 14, 2018 · Mix apricots, lemon juice and rind together. Add sugar, stir 5 minutes until sugar dissolves; let stand for 20 minutes. Stir in pectin and ladle into cartons or jars, filling to within 1/2 inch of top. ...Show details
Apricot Almond Freezer Jam | A Bountiful Kitchen
Recipe From : abountifulkitchen.comJul 16, 2016 · Ingredients 2 1/2 cups fresh apricots about 1 3/4 lbs before pitting, pulsed in a food processor, or chopped by hand* (measure after fruit has been pulsed) 5 1/2 cups granulated sugar 2 tablespoons lemon … ...Show details
Apricot Freezer Jam - foodstorageandsurvival.com
Recipe From : foodstorageandsurvival.comApricot Freezer Jam. September 7, ... Tweet. Stumble. Freezer jam used to be my staple jam over cooked jam. It is easy easy easy and I’ve never had a batch fail, even when I had to go change diapers or break up the quarreling children in the middle of the jam session. ... 1/2 cup lemon juice as called for in the recipe … ...Show details
Homemade No Pectin Apricot Jam - An Italian in my Kitchen
Recipe From : anitalianinmykitchen.comJul 20, 2018 · Peel and pit the apricots, then slice them, place in a medium sized pot and mash with a potato masher. Then add the sugar and lemon juice. Place the pot on medium low heat, place candy thermometer in the … ...Show details
Apricot freezer jam recipes - CookEatShare
Recipe From : cookeatshare.comclear gel apricot freezer jam Recipes at Epicurious.com. apricot butter cookies Submitted by taskesen1 on Jul 25, 2009. plum jam Submitted by ... Recipe Flash: get weekly recipes & food features. Tasting Notes: ... making freezer apricot jam Recipes at Epicurious.com ...Show details
15 Easy Freezer Jams Anyone Can Make | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comThis easy freezer jam recipe won't heat up your kitchen because you don't cook the fruit. Fresh strawberries are simply mashed and stirred with sugar and pectin (you'll boil the pectin in water for a quick minute). Sweet Apron says, "Make this often when berries are inexpensive. A touch of lemon juice brings out the flavor. ...Show details
Quick and Easy Dried Apricot Jam - Mirlandra's Kitchen
Recipe From : mirlandraskitchen.comApr 24, 2020 · Place the chopped apricots into a 4 cup measuring cup. Add water to the 4 cup line. Dump all that into a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Add the salt and simmer for about 30 minutes until the … ...Show details
Apricot Freezer Jam Recipe with Jell Pectin - TheFoodXP
Recipe From : thefoodxp.comOct 24, 2020 · Apricot Freezer Jam Recipe Wash the apricots, cut them into halves and beat them with a blender or food processor. Take 2 ½ cups of this into a large bowl and add lemon juice to it. Add sugar to this and stir it till the sugar dissolves. ...Show details
Apricot Freezer Jam | Once A Month Meals
Recipe From : onceamonthmeals.comDivide jam among 8 ounce canning jars leaving 1/2 inch of head room. Put on lids and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours to thicken. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze … ...Show details
Best Freezer Jam Recipe - How to Make No-Cook Freezer Jam
Recipe From : thepioneerwoman.comJul 15, 2016 · Freezer jam generally has a looser consistency than jam made the traditional way. With freezer jam, the fruit is not cooked, giving it a brighter, fresh-from-summer color and flavor. Traditional jams are made by cooking the fruit, placing the jam in hot jars, and then boiling the jars in a big pot of hot water—a much lengthier process that ... ...Show details
No Cook Apricot Jam - Mrs Happy Homemaker
Recipe From : mrshappyhomemaker.comAug 26, 2015 · Using a potato masher or pastry cutter work the apricots until you have a thick mush (don't use a blender) Stir in sugar & lemon juice & allow to sit for approx 10 minutes Add in pectin & stir briskly for 3 minutes Transfer to clean freezer jars & let stand for 30 minutes … ...Show details
Small Batch Low Sugar Apricot Jam - Happy Foods Tube
Recipe From : happyfoodstube.comJun 24, 2017 · Wash, half and pit the apricots. Throw them in a pot with wide bottom. Add water and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring almost constantly. After 10 minutes the apricots will turn into … ...Show details
No Sugar Apricot Jam - Super Healthy Kids
Recipe From : superhealthykids.comAug 09, 2010 · Mash up the apricots with a potato masher or a fork, then add them along with the rest of the ingredients to a large saucepan. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Then remove from heat and cool. Finally, put it into jars and straight into … ...Show details
Fresh Apricot freezer jam - Pancake Ninja
Recipe From : pancake-ninja.blogspot.comLovely, and ready for jars or freezer containers. fill jars or containers cover, and let stand 30 minutes before eating, makes about 3 1/2 pints. Fresh Apricot Freezer Jam. Made from the Ball instant pectin recipe. Ingredients. 1 to 1 and1/4 lb fresh Apricots; 1 1/3 cups sugar; 2 Tbsp bottled lemon juice; 4 Tbsp Ball Instant pectin, for no-cook ... ...Show details
MCP Apricot Freezer Jam - My Food and Family Recipes
Recipe From : myfoodandfamily.comStir pectin into prepared fruit in bowl. Let stand 30 min., stirring every 5 min. Gradually add sugar, stirring after each addition until well blended. ...Show details
7 Best Apricot freezer jam ideas | freezer jam, jam, apricot
Recipe From : pinterest.comJul 4, 2019 - Explore Penny Bradshaw's board "Apricot freezer jam", followed by 916 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about freezer jam, jam, apricot. ...Show details
Recipe - Apricot Pineapple Jam #ApricotJam - A Thrifty Mom
Recipe From : athriftymom.comPit apricots; do not peel. Cut in small pieces and finely chop or grid. Add pineapple and syrup. Measure 5 cups apricotes, can of pineapple into 6- or 8-qt. saucepot. ...Show details
Apricot Freezer Jam Recipes - ideascuriosas.info
Recipe From : ideascuriosas.infoFreezer Apricot Jam recipes Results: 1 - 10 of 6105 with Don't like pepper? try 'no pepper'. Recipes; Videos (5) save recipe. Freezer Apricot Jam - More like this. Ingredients (5) : 3 cups apricots 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/8 teaspoon lemons, rind of 5 cups granulated sugar 1/2 bottle liquid Certo ( ... ...Show details
How to make Apricot Jam without Pectin • Curious Cuisiniere
Recipe From : curiouscuisiniere.comAug 10, 2014 · It is incredibly spreadable and fruity, a natural feeling jam, with an overwhelming amount of that classic apricot jam flavor. For us, it was a winner! Canning apricot jam. Our recipe for apricot jam below fills 6 (8 oz) 1/2 pint jars (and one 4 oz jar), so it’s the perfect recipe … ...Show details
Homemade Fresh Apricot Jam with Pectin » The Joy of an
Recipe From : thejoyofanemptypot.comAug 15, 2019 · Apricot Jam With Reduced Sugar. This is a recipe for homemade fresh Apricot Jam that we developed many years ago. Like most of our jam and jelly recipes, it uses Original Sure-Jell powdered fruit pectin in the yellow box. It also uses less sugar … ...Show details
Low-Sugar Apricot Jam – Heather Reseck
Recipe From : heatherreseck.comJul 22, 2020 · Most apricot jam recipes call for three or more cups of sugar for four cups of mashed fruit! Some recipes even call for more sugar than fruit! I believe that sugar is best used as a flavor enhancer–not a food! I want to taste the fruit, not sickeningly sweet refined sugar. For thickening low-sugar jam… ...Show details