CHOCOLATE-DIPPED FROZEN BANANAS
These are so colorful and festive looking it makes you feel like it's a party when you look at an assortment of them. And they couldn't be easier to make, even your kids could do it. You can use white chocolate too, for a more wintry or icy look.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Dipping decorations: granola, chopped nuts, sprinkles, jimmies, crushed cookies, and toasted coconut
- Line a sheet pan with waxed paper. Cut 1-inch off the end of each banana. Insert a popsicle stick into the cut-end of each banana, pushing the stick halfway in, leaving the other end exposed for use as a handle. Place the bananas on the sheet pan and freeze 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange the dipping decorations on several flat plates. Working with 1 banana at a time, dip it in the chocolate and turn to completely coat (spoon some on, if needed). Roll the dipped banana in the desired decorations, transfer to the sheet pan, and return to the freezer.
- Once frozen, store the bananas in an airtight container.
- Serving suggestion: To serve at a kid's party, paint a hunk of styrofoam and stick the banana handles in the top, so they stand upright.
FROZEN CHOCOLATE BANANAS
These crowd-pleasers are loaded with potassium and antioxidants. Double the recipe for playdates and parties.
Provided by Victoria Granof
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- 1. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- 2. Cut the bananas in half and insert a Popsicle stick into each half, as shown. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the oil in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds) or in a half-full pan of simmering water (about 2 minutes). Stir until smooth.
- 4. Roll each banana half in the chocolate, then quickly sprinkle with your topping (if using).
- 5. Freeze until the chocolate sets, 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.
FROZEN BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE BY TASTY
- Peel the bananas and slice into 1-inch (2 cm) slices.
- Spread the bananas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours.
- Blend the frozen banana slices in a high-speed blender until they reach a smooth consistency.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and blend to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl or container and freeze for 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop out ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calories, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 17 grams
CHOCOLATE DIPPED FROZEN BANANAS
This is me and my brothers recipe for yummy frozen bananas.You will sure be surprised how quick and easy these are to make.
Provided by Cupcake-Princess
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut off a inch off the bottom of each unpeeled banana, and gently insert a popsicle stick into each one. Then unpeel bananas. Place banana's onto a baking sheet and freeze until frozen.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip frozen bananas into melted chocolate, then roll in coconut, chopped nuts, sprinkles, or anything you want.
- Eat immediatly or freeze to eat them another time. Enjoy!
- Insert wooden stick into each banana piece. Arrange on parchment-lined sheet pan and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Place chips and morsels into separate bowls. Microwave on medium heat until melted, about 60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Remove bananas from freezer and dip by alternating between melted chocolate and butterscotch. Immediately roll them in chopped nuts or sprinkles. Freeze until frozen solid, about 1 hour.
- Insert 1 ice pop stick into the cut end of each banana half. Place the bananas on a wax paper-covered baking sheet, and freeze until the bananas are frozen through, about 2 hours.
- Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and spread a layer of peanut butter on each banana. Place the peanut butter-covered bananas back in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
- Dip each frozen banana in the melted chocolate, spooning the chocolate over the banana to cover it completely. Roll the dipped bananas in the chopped peanuts and place on the wax paper covered baking sheet; freeze until the chocolate is firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.7 calories, Carbohydrate 33.5 g, Fat 19 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 122.2 mg, Sugar 22.6 g
Based on a recipe from Jennifer Cornbleet's book, Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People. She says in its introduction, "Freeze your extra bananas so you will always have some on hand for quick shakes." Unfortunately for me, I froze my bananas before reading her recipe! I will update after I discover how truly difficult it is to peel a frozen banana! UPDATE: it's truly difficult! :( I will definitely go with this recipe the next time! :)
Provided by mersaydees
Categories Tropical Fruits
Yield 4 frozen bananas
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Place bananas so they are not touching on a plate and freeze for one hour. (This will prevent the bananas from sticking together.).
- Transfer to a resealable freezer bag, pressing out as much air as possible before sealing the bag, and return bananas to freezer.
- Frozen bananas will keep for up to one month.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 1.2, Carbohydrate 26.9, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 14.4, Protein 1.3
More about "frozen bananas recipes"
WHAT TO MAKE WITH FROZEN BANANAS: 13 EASY FROZEN …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BEST FROZEN BANANA RECIPES - WAYS TO TOP BANANAS
Occupation Deputy EditorEstimated Reading Time 2 minsAuthor Candace Braun Davison
36 RIPE BANANA RECIPES FOR THE SWEETEST DESSERTS
10 BEST FROZEN BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
6 RECIPES FOR HEALTHIEST FROZEN BANANA DESSERTS
15 RIPE BANANA RECIPES THAT AREN'T BREAD | ALLRECIPES
BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE: USING FROZEN BANANAS
WHAT TO BAKE WITH FROZEN BANANAS | FOOD | CBC PARENTS
ALL RECIPES - FROZEN BANANAS
10 BEST FROZEN BANANA DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
FROZEN BANANA ICE CREAM (ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS) | SOMEWHAT SIMPLE
HOW TO USE FROZEN BANANAS FOR BAKING | OUR EVERYDAY LIFE
25 RIPE BANANA RECIPES - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
HOW TO FREEZE BANANAS - SIMPLY RECIPES
HOW TO FREEZE BANANAS 3 DIFFERENT WAYS | TASTE OF HOME
FROZEN CHOCOLATE-COVERED BANANAS RECIPE - FOOD RECIPES
BEST CHOCOLATE-COVERED FROZEN BANANAS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
FROZEN BANANAS (CHOCOLATE BANANAS/CHOCO BANANAS) | DELICIOUS …
FROZEN CHOCOLATE-COVERED BANANAS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
THE BEST BANANA BREAD - SWEET & SAVORY
FROZEN BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE - HEALTHY AND EASY TO MAKE!
11 HEALTHY FROZEN DESSERT RECIPES USING BANANAS - WELL+GOOD
HOW TO USE FROZEN BANANAS FOR BAKING - MODERNMOM
THIS BANANA FROZEN YOGURT RECIPE IS GUT-FRIENDLY GOODNESS
FROZEN BANANA DESSERT - LIDIA'S COOKBOOK
HOW TO USE FROZEN BANANAS IN DIFFERENT RECIPES – INSTACART
CRUNCHY FROZEN BANANAS RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
17 DELICIOUS WAYS TO USE UP OLD BANANAS - TASTY
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO FREEZE BANANAS? - HEALTHLINE
FROZEN BANANA SPLIT - DIPPIN' DOTS
HEALTHY, EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES | FROZEN BANANAS
FROZEN BANANA SMOOTHIE - COOKING WITH ELO
5 WAYS TO USE FROZEN BANANAS AS 'ICE CREAM' - IN THE KNOW
FROZEN CHOCOLATE-COVERED BANANAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY ONE BOWL BANANA BREAD WITH FROZEN BANANAS AND BROWN BUTTER
FROZEN YOGURT BANANA POPS | FOODTALK
FROZEN BANANA TREATS - HEALTHY LITTLE FOODIES
FROZEN BANANA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO FREEZE BANANAS | BBC GOOD FOOD
FROZEN BANANAS | BAKED BREE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #fruit #easy #low-fat #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #tropical-fruit #bananas #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love