NEXT LEVEL SALMON EN CROûTE
Take salmon en croûte to chef standard. Succulent salmon, cream cheese and dill are encased in crisp puff pastry with a pickled cucumber side
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Main course
Yield Serves 6-8
Number Of Ingredients 15
- The day before you want to assemble the en croûte, mix the salt and sugar in a bowl. Scatter half of the mix over a tray, then lay one of the salmon fillets on top, skinned-side down, and scatter with more of the salt mix. Lay the second fillet on top, skinned-side up, and sprinkle over the rest of the salt mix. Cover, then place another tray on top. Weigh the tray down with a couple of tins and put in the fridge for up to 48 hrs, or for at least 12 hrs (the longer you leave it, the firmer the salmon will be).
- When you're ready to assemble the en croûte, unwrap the salmon fillets, rinse them in cold water and dry with kitchen paper, then set aside. Put the watercress, cream cheese, dill, lemon zest and juice, smoked salt (if using) and a generous grinding of pepper into a bowl and mix well, then set aside.
- Line a baking tray with parchment. Roll out half of the pastry on a lightly floured surface so it's 2.5cm larger in diameter than the salmon fillet, then drape it over the lined baking tray. Place one of the fillets on the pastry, skinned-side down, and spread with the cream cheese mix, then lay the second fillet on top, skinned-side up. Brush the edge of the pastry with a little of the beaten yolk. Roll out the rest of the pastry to fit, then drape it over the salmon and tuck it in at the sides. Trim the edges and crimp or press with a fork to seal. Brush with more beaten yolk, then put the en croûte in the fridge for 30 mins before using a spoon to create a scale-like effect along the top of the pastry. Chill for up to 24 hrs or for at least another 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Bake for 20 mins, then glaze with the remaining yolk. Lower the heat to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and bake for 20 mins more, then remove and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- To make the pickle, put the cucumber and onion in a bowl. Tip the vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt into a pan and bring to the boil. Once the sugar has dissolved, pour over the veg, toss well and set aside. Can be made up to two days ahead and kept in the fridge. Slice the en croûte into six portions and serve with the pickled veg on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 619 calories, Fat 43 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 24 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 32 grams protein, Sodium 2.1 milligram of sodium
GORDON RAMSAY'S SALMON EN CROUTE
- Line baking sheet with a lightly oiled piece of foil.
- Mix softened butter with lemon zest, herbs, some salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pat salmon fillets dry then season lightly with salt and pepper. Spread the herb butter over one filet on the boned side and the mustard evenly over the other filet. Sandwich the two fillets together in opposite directions so both ends are of even thickness.
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle about 1/4 in. thick and large enough to enclose the salmon. Put salmon parcel in the center of the pastry and brush the surrounding with egg. Bring up the edges, trimming off any excess, and tuck them in before folding the rest of the pastry over to form a neat parcel. Carefully turn the whole thing over so that the seam is underneath and place on the prepared baking tray.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg. Lightly score a herringbone or cross-hatch pattern using the back of a knife. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover loosely and chill for 15 min. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 400 F.
- Bake 20-25 min. until the pastry is golden brown and crisp. To test if ready, insert a skewer into the middle. It should feel warm for medium cooked salmon. A piping hot skewer indicates the fish is well done.
- Rest salmon for 5 min. then cut into portions using a serrated knife. Serve with hollandaise sauce, new potatoes and broccoli or minted peas.
More about "gordon ramsays salmon en crote recipes"
SALMON EN CROUTE | GORDON RAMSAY - YOUTUBE
Web Nov 27, 2009 Salmon en Croute | Gordon Ramsay Gordon Ramsay 19.8M subscribers Subscribe 3.8K 954K views 13 years ago #GordonRamsay #Cooking Gordon Ramsay's recipe for salmon …
Author Gordon RamsayViews 954.5K
Author Gordon RamsayViews 954.5K
RECIPE: GORDON AND TILLY'S SALMON EN CROûTE | THIS MORNING
HOW TO COOK SALMON WITH GORDON RAMSAY - 2023
Web Mar 15, 2023 Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the mirepoix (carrot, celery and shallot ), thyme and 1 lemon slice, reserving the rest of the lemon for later. Season with salt and sweat for 30 seconds. …
SALMON WELLINGTON – EASY RECIPE WITH STEP-BY-STEP …
Web Salmon wrapped in puff pastry with spinach, then baked until golden, this salmon en croute is to die for! Prep: 30 mins Cook: 25 mins Total: 55 mins Servings: 2 servings Ingredients 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 1/2 …
SALMON EN CROUTE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
Web Salmon en croute recipe Stevescooking 98.2K subscribers Subscribe 8.9K 797K views 10 years ago Steve GENTLY cooks a classic....Salmon en croute made easy, If you don't like salmon, try...
3 BEST SALMON EN CROûTE RECIPE EASY TIPS FOR SPECIAL …
Web Dec 13, 2022 Salmon En Croûte Recipe UK First, find a large pan to heat the butter. Start heating the oil. Then throw the garlic into the pan. It will leave the garlic flavour. Then proceed to the section on preparing plants. …
GORDON RAMSAY'S SALMON RECIPE - MASHED.COM
Web Jun 30, 2022 10 ounces fresh salmon filet with skin, deboned ¾ teaspoon salt Pinch freshly ground pepper ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 tablespoon olive oil 3 tablespoons butter, divided 2 cloves garlic, sliced, divided 4 …
SALMON EN CROûTE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER SALMON RECIPES
Web Brush the exposed pastry with beaten egg, then carefully lift the greaseproof and salmon en croûte on to the preheated tray. Bake at the bottom of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or …
GORDON RAMSAY IS KING - SALMON EN CROUTE - GORDON RAMSAY
Web Gordon Ramsay's recipe for salmon en croute from the Cookalong Live show. 36 views, 0 likes, 0 loves, 0 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Gordon Ramsay is …
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO PREPARE GORDON RAMSAY SALMON EN CROUTE
Web Jan 20, 2021 Instructions to make Salmon en Croute: First you take the salmon clean and remove skin. Cut the salmon in half and pat dry then set aside Then take the dill …
GORDON RAMSAY INSPIRED SALMON WELLINGTON W/ HONEY ROASTED …
Web A recipe that may look difficult to do but is actually very easy, this Salmon Wellington or Salmon En Croute recipe is delicious for a weeknight meal or for ...
GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES SALMON EN CROUTE - COOKEATSHARE
Web Salmon en Croute with Tarragon Cream Sauce 2 pieces of salmon, skinned Salmon en Croute, with Carrots and Fennel, a simple misunderstanding 545 views two plates. Add …
GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES SALMON EN CROUTE - FOOD NEWS
Web Gordon Ramsay's Salmon en Croute Recipe Method. Melt butter in a medium frypan, then add the shallot and sauté until softened, but not browning. Add lemon zest and baby …
SUCCULENT GORDON RAMSAY SALMON EN CROUTE RECIPE | RECIPE
Web Ingredients Seafood 2 lbs Salmon Produce 1/4 tsp Basil, Leaves 1/4 tsp Dill, Leaves 1 Lemon, zest Refrigerated 1 Egg yolk Condiments 1 tbsp Wholegrain mustard Baking & …
HOW TO MAKE GORDON RAMSAY’S SALMON EN CROUTE AT HOME
Web Aug 13, 2022 For Gordon Ramsay’s salmon en croute, mix butter, dill leaves, basil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Roll the pastry, place the seasoned salmon in …
SUCCULENT GORDON RAMSAY SALMON EN CROUTE RECIPE - THEFOODXP
Web For Gordon Ramsay salmon en croute, mix butter, dill leaves, basil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Roll the pastry, place the seasoned salmon in the center. Spread …
ASSEMBLING SALMON EN CROUTE WITH CHEF | GORDON RAMSAY
Web Dec 17, 2009 Gordon Ramsay and Patsy Kensit assemble their salmon fillets and fillings on the Cookalong Live for the salmon en croute recipe.#GordonRamsay #Cooking …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love