OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer. Do not stir again.
- Place candy thermometer in pan and cook until temperature reaches 238 degrees F(114 degrees C). If you are not using a thermometer, then cook until a drop of this mixture in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball. Feel the ball with your fingers to make sure it is the right consistency. It should flatten when pressed between your fingers.
- Remove from heat. Add butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge loses its sheen. Do not under beat.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool. Cut into about 60 squares.
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED FUDGE
This recipe was passed down to me and it's one of the better recipes that I have tried. Long before marshmallow creme came into any recipe, this is a recipe that came out of a 1930's-1940's cookbook.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Lauri Myers
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. In saucepan combine sugar, milk, salt, chocolate squares and corn syrup.
- 2. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3. Cook until temperature reaches 238* or until the water test is proven (1 tsp. of mixture in a bowl of cold water is dropped in and forms a soft ball and when squeezed by fingers are flattened).
- 4. Remove from heat and drop in butter but do not stir then cool without stirring.
- 5. Add vanilla then with a wooden spoon beat until candy looses sheen then add nuts if desired.
- 6. Pour into a 8 x 8 square pan and cool completely and cut into squares.
GRANDMA'S CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
This old-fashioned style of peanut butter fudge is not that easy to find out there. The ones I tend to run across always seem to be the soft, creamy version, which is not what I'm into. If it's going to feel like peanut butter in my mouth, then what's the point? No, I want something that feels dense and firm in my fingers but will almost instantly liquefy in when it hits my tongue.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Sift sugar through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Heat butter and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine and cook until bubbles appear on the edges, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and vanilla extract. Pour over powdered sugar in the bowl. Mix together using a spatula until smooth.
- Spread mixture into an 8x8-inch baking pan lined with plastic wrap. Wrap fully and refrigerate until firm enough to cut but not too hard, 1 to 3 hours.
- Unwrap fudge and cut into small cubes. Let warm up on the counter before cutting if needed.
People also searched
More recipes about "grandmas old fashioned fudge recipe"
OLD FASHIONED FUDGE RECIPE, JUST LIKE GRANDMA USED TO MAKE
2020-11-13 · I was very disappointed to have my time wasted reading about grandmas old fashioned fudge recipe . Used cocoa powder. Was excited to find it so I could make it this year like my mom used to do. After finally making it all the way to the end the article still didn’t include the quantity of each ingredient in the recipe…
- Line an 8"x8" pan** (See Notes) with parchment or non-stick foil with a piece that is long enough to line the bottom and come up and over two opposite sides of the pan. (use these as "handles" to get the cooled fudge out of the pan). Spray with pan spray. You can also spray or butter the pan well, but using parchment or non-stick foil will make it easier to get the fudge out of the pan.
- Place the sugar, cocoa powder, corn syrup, salt and milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan that is much larger than you think you need. 3 quart size will work just fine.
- Stir well, and cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. You can stir it and scrape the sides of the pan until it starts to boil.
- Allow the mixture to boil until it reaches 234F. This is just under the soft ball stage, but this is the correct temperature for making cocoa fudge. (If you're making chocolate fudge, cook to 238F, which is the soft ball stage.)
OLD FASHIONED FUDGE RECIPE - YOU WILL LOVE THIS SECRET ...
2019-03-20 · Butter a flat baking tray. Melt the butter in a saucepan and slowly add the sugar. When you can see the sugar just beginning to burn (little brown bits in it), then …
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and slowly add the sugar. When you can see the sugar just beginning to burn (little brown bits in it), then add the condensed milk.
- Now keep stirring with a wooden spoon (non-stop) – if you stop stirring, it will burn and you will have toffee stuck to the pan. It will change colour to light brown and then a darker brown. Keep stirring. Then at some point the mix will start to change texture.
- You will see what I mean – the mixture will start to change its consistency. At this point, and NO LATER, you pour it onto the baking tray. If you get it right, it should be fudge, and edible without breaking your teeth ☺️.
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE RECIPE
2021-06-22 · Instructions Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil on medium, stirring and gradually increasing heat. Once boiling, stir for 5 minutes and remove from heat …
GRANDMA'S BROWN SUGAR FUDGE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2006-08-24 · DIRECTIONS Combine brown sugar & milk in saucepan, and stir until the sugar begins to dissolve. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture reaches the “soft …
OLD-FASHIONED HOMEMADE FUDGE RECIPE - LIFE IN GRACE BLOG
1 12 oz can evaporated milk. 1 7 oz container marshmallow cream. 2 t. good vanilla extract. 18 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Instructions. Grease a 10x15 jelly roll …
See details ››
GRANNY'S MILLIONAIRE FUDGE | RECIPELION.COM
2018-06-14 · This image courtesy of cookingwithk.net. You're not going to believe how delicious Granny's Millionaire Fudge really is. This is the perfect fudge to make for the holidays because it's the absolute best chocolate fudge recipe to give as a gift. It's the perfect old fashioned recipe that will make everyone nostalgic for grandma's fudge recipes.
TIPS FOR MAKING OLD-FASHIONED FUDGE - THE SPRUCE EATS
This is legitimate fudge, old-fashioned fudge, grandma fudge, the kind that needs to be beaten in order to set up. You're following the instructions and stirring dutifully, the fudge is starting to thicken, and--bam! Suddenly you have a rock-hard lump in your saucepan where creamy fudge …
OLD-FASHIONED FUDGE » MY GRANDMA'S RECIPE BOOK
2020-11-15 · My Grandma was an avid collector of recipes from newspapers and magazines. A page from a 1970 edition of the ‘Australian Women’s Weekly’ contained 13 different recipes for fudge, including Old-Fashioned Fudge. I’ve been wanting to try fudge for a while; I have a few recipes in the collection for different sorts of confectionery and fudge …
OLD FASHIONED HARD FUDGE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Line 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil; butter foil. In large heavy saucepan stir together first three ingredients; stir in milk, with a wooden spoon*. Cook over medium heat, stirring …
GRANDMA LORI'S OLD-FASHIONED FUDGE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
1999-12-01 · DIRECTIONS. Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch square pan. Combine dry ingredients in heavy 4 quart saucepan. Stir in milk. Bring to a "bubbly" boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, …
OLD-FASHIONED BROWN SUGAR FUDGE RECIPE
2020-11-27 · Old-Fashioned Brown Sugar Fudge (Penuche) An easy old-fashioned fudge recipe made with brown sugar, cream, and butter along with a hint of vanilla. A delicious confectionary that is …
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, cream and salt to a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Stir until butter and sugar are melted and combined. Stop stirring
- Continue cooking until candy mixture starts to bubble and reaches a temperature using a candy thermometer of 236F. Test using the soft ball method by adding some of the candy mixture to a cup of cold water. If a soft candy ball forms than the fudge is cooked.
- Remove from heat and let cool to 110F. Once cooled add the vanilla and quickly beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge becomes smooth, lighter in colour and loses it shininess to a matte texture.
- Pour the fudge quickly into an 8" X 8" glass dish lined with parchment paper. Push the fudge into the corners of the pan with the wooden spoon or spatula and smooth off the top. Let cool completely for about 1 hour and then cut into squares.
A CHRISTMAS TRADITION: OLD FASHIONED FUDGE : 5 STEPS (WITH ...
- The Ingredients and Equipment. Baking chocolate (unsweetened) Sugar (granulated) Milk (the richer, the better....) Butter. Vanilla (pure, not imitation..)
- The Recipe. FUDGE!! 3 Cups of Granulated Sugar. 2 Squares of Unsweetened Chocolate (1 square equals 1 ounce) 1 Cup of Milk. 2 Tablespoons of Corn Syrup or 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- Hints for Fudge Making.......... on the Stove...... Once you've added all you ingredients to the buttered sauce pan, it is very important to stir constantly to ensure the sugar is dissolved before the mixture begins to boils.
- and After Its Cooled................ Allow your fudge to cool, don't hurry this step either. I place my saucepan in my frying pan filled with approximately 3/4 inch of water and a tray of ice cubes.
- package...... and ENJOY! Cut into pieces and place on circles of plastic wrap. Secure with a pretty ribbon. Share with the ones you love. MAY THE NEW YEAR BE FILLED WITH.
GRANDMA'S CHOCOLATE FANTASY FUDGE RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
2018-10-21 · Scroll down to the end of this post for the full recipe for old fashioned fantasy fudge. Line a 13×9-inch pan with aluminum foil and grease generously. Using a medium saucepan on medium …
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing excess foil to hang over both ends. Grease generously.
- Add sugar, margarine and evaporated milk to a medium size saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chocolate chips until completely melted. Add marshmallow cream, walnuts and vanilla. Stir until completely incorporated.
OLD-FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE RECIPE - COUNTRYSIDE
2020-12-15 · Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe. As a special Christmas treat, one of my students gifted me with a handwritten copy of this old-fashioned peanut butter fudge recipe attached to a tin of the fudge. I’ve adapted it only slightly. Ingredients. 1/2 cup butter; 2-1/4 cups brown sugar; 1/2 cup milk ; 3/4 cup peanut butter; 2 teaspoons vanilla; 3-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar placed in ...
PERFECTLY SMOOTH AND CREAMY FUDGE. THE OLD FASHIONED WAY ...
2014-05-16 · Summarised below is a step by step trouble shooting guide to making perfectly smooth and creamy fudge the old fashioned way, just like a Kiwi grandma might have made. The secret to what is essentially a very simple recipe is in understanding the process and avoiding the many potential pitfalls. I know I think I’ve fallen prey to most of them in the past. Don’t be daunted by the length of ...
OLD FASHIONED BROWN SUGAR FUDGE | REDPATH SUGAR
Lightly grease and line an 8-inch square pan (or a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan) with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang for easy unmolding. Step 2 Place a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat with the Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar, Redpath® Granulated Sugar, milk and heavy cream.
GRANDMA'S PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE - FOOD WISHES - YOUTUBE
Learn how to make Grandma's Peanut Butter Fudge recipe! There is nothing quite like a batch of old-fashioned peanut butter fudge, freshly made by your Grandm...
See details ››
GRANDMA OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE RECIPE - DEPO LYRICS
Grandma Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe And it’s a nice one to wrap up and gift to friends and neighbors too. Line a 8 x 8 square baking dish with …
See details ››
GRANDMA’S OLD FASHIONED FUDGE RECIPE GRANDMA’S – MUETY
Grandma’s Old Time Fudge (1920) – Recipe GRANDMA’S OLD TIME FUDGE (1920) 1/4 c. butter 1 c. brown sugar 1 c. white sugar 1/4 c. Karo syrup 1/2 c. milk or light cream 1 c. chopped nuts 1/2 c. chocolate Mix all together and boil 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup chocolate. Cook until medium ball stage Grandma’s Magic Peanut Butter Fudge
See details ››
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE FUDGE LIKE GRANDMA'S - IN 3 EASY STEPS
This old fashioned brown sugar fudge recipe is so quick and easy to make. I made it often during my high school years as a treat for finishing my evening's homework, and it's a comfort food that I still enjoy. 2-1/2 cups brown sugar, 2 teaspoons flour, 1/2 cup milk, butter size of walnut. Stir ingredients and boil 20 minutes. Add nuts later if desired. Beat with wooden spoon until mixture ...
See details ››
GRANDMOTHER'S OLD-FASHION CHOCOLATE FUDGE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
2011-03-26 · GRANDMOTHER'S OLD-FASHION CHOCOLATE FUDGE : 2 c. sugar 1 c. milk 2 tbsp. Karo 2 heaping tbsp. cocoa 3/4 stick butter 1 tsp. vanilla 2 c. broken pecans. Mix sugar and cocoa. Add milk, stir well. Bring to good boil. Add Karo, stir well and let come to soft ball stage. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. Beat well until candy looses its gloss. Add pecans and candy will start to …
See details ››
GRANNY'S OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE – RECIPE ...
One of my granddaughters requested I demonstrate how to make my peanut butter fudge. So here ya go. This is a step by step instructional video. It's easy onc...
See details ››
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPES - CREAMY AND DELICIOUS
Chocolate Fudge with Nuts 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, 2 cups sugar, 2/3 cup of milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add chocolate to milk and place over slow fire. Cook until mixture is smooth and blended, stirring constantly.
See details ››
GRANDMAS OLD FASHIONED FUDGE RECIPE- TFRECIPES
Grandmas Old Fashioned Fudge Recipe ' GRANDMA STRAIT'S FUDGE. This was my Grandmother's recipe for fudge that she sold in her candy shop. It is the best fudge I have had and it is very easy to make. If pecans aren't your forte, substitute walnuts or almonds! Recipe From allrecipes.com. Provided by O0SHAUNA0O. Categories Desserts Candy Recipes Fudge Recipes Chocolate. Yield 12. …
See details ››