GREEK LEMON CHICKEN SOUP
This soup is a great way to serve whole grains to kids. Farro is high in fiber and protein.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add the farro and cook, stirring, until toasted, 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and 3 cups water; cover and bring to a boil. Add the lemon zest, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, until the farro is almost tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken.
- Whisk the eggs and lemon juice in a bowl; drizzle 1/2 cup of the hot broth into the eggs, whisking constantly. Gradually stir the hot egg mixture into the pot. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Combine the feta and dill in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Fill the pita halves with the feta mixture and lightly brush with olive oil. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until the cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes. Top each serving of soup with more dill; season with pepper. Serve with the stuffed pitas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530 calorie, Fat 24 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 190 milligrams, Sodium 860 milligrams, Carbohydrate 53 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 27 grams
GREEK-INSPIRED LEMON CHICKEN SOUP
- Place olive oil in a large sauce pot over medium-low heat. Saute onion and garlic in the hot oil until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, chicken breasts, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes to the pot. Increase heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in pearl couscous, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken breasts from the pot using tongs. Use a fork and the tongs to shred the chicken. Return to the pot. Stir feta cheese and chives into the soup. Taste and season as needed. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229.4 calories, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 21.5 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 1339.8 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
FETA SHRIMP SOUP
A wonderful shrimp soup flavored with feta cheese, clam juice, white wine & tomatoes. Even the pickiest eaters in my family love it! Pinot Grigio is suggested for the wine.
Provided by CATHERINE
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook until tender. Mix in the tomatoes, clam juice, and wine. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup in batches to a blender, and puree until smooth. Return to the pot, and stir in feta cheese. Continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Stir the shrimp into the soup, and continue cooking 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Mix in parsley just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9.3 g, Cholesterol 207.1 mg, Fat 16.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 24.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 667.7 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
LEMON FETA CHICKEN
This bright, Greek-inspired chicken has only five ingredients-it's a busy-day lifesaver! My husband and I prepare the dish often, and it's a hit every time. -Ann Cain, Morrill, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese, oregano and pepper., Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 122mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEK FETA CHICKEN
Feta cheese takes this chicken and potatoes dinner over the top with a bit of tangy saltiness. Serve with a side salad tossed with pepperoncinis, black olives and reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray., Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 767mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEK CHICKEN SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE
- In 4-quart saucepan, saute onion, carrots, bell pepper and garlic in oil over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add Sambuca and lemon juice and saute 5 minutes.
- Add broth, chicken, peppercorns, white pepper, hot pepper sauce, celery salt and spinach. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add cooked rice.
- Before serving, sprinkle each serving with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.2, Fat 13.8, SaturatedFat 4.1, Cholesterol 38.9, Sodium 972, Carbohydrate 15.9, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 3.5, Protein 18.2
More about "greek chicken soup with feta cheese recipes"
ZESTY GREEK LEMON-CHICKEN SOUP WITH FETA AND CHIVES ⋆ ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 50 minsCategory SoupCalories 227 per serving
- In the bottom of a stock pot or using the saute function of the Instant Pot, heat olive oil (can also use avocado oil) over medium heat and add onion.
- Keeping the heat on, add garlic, chicken stock, filtered water, skinless chicken breast or thighs (whole, we will shred it in another step), lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Once the soup is simmering, lower heat to medium-low (or low on the Instant Pot Saute Function) and cook an additional 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through when pierced with a knife. If you need the soup to be done faster, use the pressure setting on the pressure cooker- Manual for 10 minutes with the lid on and set to Seal.
EGG FREE GREEK CHICKEN SOUP WITH LEMON & FETA - GARLIC …
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 319 per serving
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in the dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with half a teaspoon of the kosher salt. Sweat the mushrooms, stirring occasionally until they give up their liquid and start to take on some color, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the dutch oven and add the chopped onion, celery and carrots. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and sweat the vegetables until the onions and celery become translucent and soften slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and oregano. Heat for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the quinoa, reduce the heat to medium low and cover the pot tightly with the lid. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN WITH FETA CHEESE • FREUTCAKE
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory ChickenCalories 427 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl combine chicken breasts, lemon zest,lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped oregano. Season with salt and pepper (I used about 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt and a good amount of freshground pepper.)
- Mix well to coat all of the chicken and let sit in thefridge to marinate for 30 minutes if you have the time! If not, no problem the chicken will still taste amazing without marinating time.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN SOUP WITH LEMON AND FETA CHEESE ⋆ CLEVER ...
Cuisine GreekEstimated Reading Time 1 minServings 6
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY …
4.9/5 (237)Calories 214 per servingCategory Main Course
- Place the olive oil in a large 6-8 quart sauce pot over medium-low heat. Peel the onion. Then quarter it and slice into thin strips. Once the oil is hot, saute the onion and minced garlic for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the chicken broth, raw chicken breasts, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper to the pot. Raise the heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the couscous, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste. Simmer another 5 minutes. Then turn the heat off.
- Using tongs, remove the two chicken breasts from the pot. Use a fork and the tongs to shred the chicken. Then place it back in the pot. Stir in the crumbled feta cheese and chopped chive. Taste and salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
GREEK CHICKEN ORZO SOUP - KEVIN IS COOKING
5/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main, SoupCalories 319 per serving
- Chop chicken and set aside. Dice onion, peel and slice carrots and chop celery. Zest one lemon and juice it. Slice the other lemon and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot add the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the carrot and celery, stirring and cooking for 4 minutes.
- Carefully pour in wine and scrape up bits from bottom of pot. Add chicken, chicken broth, oregano, lemon zest and juice and orzo pasta, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to low and simmer, stirring often for 20 minutes.
GREEK TOMATO SOUP WITH FETA AND BASIL - THE GREEK FOODIE
4.8/5 (11)Category Appetizer, Main CourseCuisine GreekCalories 226 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, onions and garlic head in a large baking pan, season with salt and pepper and add fresg herbs like oregano, sage, thyme.Pour 2-3 tbsp olive oil all over, mix gently and bake for 60 minutes.
- Half way check the tomatoes, pepper and onions and rotate them so they lay on the opposite side for an even bake. Bake for another 60 min.Note: My tomatoes were uneven in size. The smaller ones were ready early. I removed any that were done to a plate and set aside.
- Discard any hard sprigs from the baking pan and pour the liquid and leftover herbs in the pot with the rest of the ingredients.
GREEK CHICKEN THIGHS WITH FETA CHEESE - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory ChickenCalories 683 per serving
- Pat the chicken pieces dry. Season them evenly with 2 teaspoons salt. If you have time, let the chicken sit uncovered at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the skin side of the chicken. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or braising pan, preferably 12-inches in diameter with 2 or 3-inch sides.
- Put the chicken in the pan skin-side down and cook until the skin begins to brown and crisp, 10-15 minutes.
PROTOYIAHNI - TOMATO CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | GREEK FOOD ...
5/5 (2)Servings 6Cuisine Greek, Greek Cuisine, Mediterranean Diet
- In a large deep pot, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes with their juices, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, and allspice to the pot. Add water to cover the chicken by 3 inches (7. 5 cm). Bring to a boil, season generously with salt and pepper, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the chicken is falling off the bone, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Using kitchen tongs or a slotted spoon, carefully remove the chicken from the pot and transfer it to a bowl. Let cool. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discarding the bones, and shred or chop the meat. Discard the skin, if desired.
- Remove the herb sprigs, bay leaf, and allspice from the pot. Add enough water to the pot to make 3 quarts (3 L) of liquid total. Stir in the tomato paste and honey. Add the noodles and bring the liquid to a boil. Cook according to the package directions.
GREEK LENTIL SOUP WITH FETA - FAKES - EATING EUROPEAN
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCategory SoupCalories 373 per serving
EASY GREEK CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3/5 (9)Calories 488 per servingServings 4
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the thyme, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potato; sauté 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown. Stir in green beans, water, anchovy paste, and tomatoes. Remove mixture from heat. Nestle chicken thighs into potato mixture. Top with feta cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
30 BEST FETA CHEESE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Published 2021-08-18Category Recipe Roundup
- Greek Salad. A classic Greek salad is one of the best summer sides. Full of fresh flavors, crisp texture, and healthy ingredients, it’s a winner at any occasion.
- Whipped Feta Dip. Salty and sharp, this is the kind of dip that vanishes quickly. The recipe is inspired by htipiti, a Mediterranean sauce usually served as part of a mezze platter.
- Spanakopita. With sauteed spinach and gooey feta wrapped in a flaky pastry parcel, there’s a reason Spanakopita is one of the most popular Greek snacks.
- Baked Feta. Baking feta turns it into warm and delicious bubbly goodness. This traditional Greek recipe bakes a block of feta with tomatoes, peppers, and onion.
- Greek Fries. Plain fries are great, but Greek fries are even better. They’re crisp, salty, savory, and incredibly addictive. And they’re really easy to make!
- Macaroni and Feta Cheese. If you have kids in the house, you’ll want to make them this cozy casserole. A Greek twist on classic mac n’ cheese, it’s loaded with crumbly feta for even more cheesy perfection.
- Spinach Feta Grilled Cheese. This isn’t the grilled cheese your mom used to make. This is an upscale version stuffed with healthy spinach and sharp feta.
- Greek Stuffed Peppers. These juicy bell peppers are filled with traditional Mediterranean flavor, making them perfect for a healthy light lunch or summer dinner.
- Tiropita. Tiropita is a layered Greek cheese and egg pie. It’s made by wrapping a cheesy, creamy filling in layers of flaky puff pastry. Rich and buttery, this is a filling dish that’ll feed a crowd.
- Cucumber Feta Salad. Cucumber is a great accompaniment to feta. The mild flavor really highlights the cheese’s tangy freshness. Here, sliced cucumbers, avocado, fresh dill, red onion, and feta cheese are tossed in a Greek dressing for a refreshing salad that’s ready in minutes.
GREEK CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND FETA - POSH PLATE
Reviews 1Category DinnerCuisine Greek-InspiredTotal Time 55 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, and all of the spices. Give a mix until well-combines and emulsified. Set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade for later.
- Then, add the chicken to the remaining marinade. Toss with tongs to ensure each cutlet is fully coated. Cover with saran wrap and place into the fridge for thirty minutes.
- When ready, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, drizzle in olive oil and place the chicken into the pan. Sear until the bottom is nicely golden brown. Once achieved, flip the chicken and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until white in the middle and juices run clear once cut into it.
- Finally, transfer the chicken to a serving plate. Drizzle the remaining marinade over the chicken. Sprinkle the top with fresh chopped parsley and feta cheese.
SPINACH AND FETA CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory < 60 MinsCalories 251 per serving
SOUP FETA CHEESE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
TRADITIONAL GREEK SOUP RECIPES - MY GREEK DISH
GREEK CHICKEN AND FETA SOUP | MOUNTAIN TREK FITNESS ...
GREEK SOUP TRAHANAS WITH CHICKEN - ATHENS NEWS
GREEK CHICKEN SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPES
HOMEMADE CHICKEN SOUP WITH LEMON AND FETA CHEESE ⋆ CLEVER ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #soups-stews #eggs-dairy #poultry #vegetables #american #greek #european #grains #cheese #chicken #stove-top #one-dish-meal #seasonal #comfort-food #midwestern #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #savory #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Greek lemon chicken soup?How to Make Greek Lemon Chicken Soup. This recipe is pretty straight forward and simple to make so enjoy! Simply sauté the onion and minced garlic for 3-4 minutes to soften. Add the chicken broth, raw chicken breasts, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper to the pot. Raise the heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil.
What is Greek lemon chicken with feta cheese?Greek Lemon Chicken with Feta Cheese is packed with simple and delicious Mediterranean flavors you and your family will love. Oh, and did I mention it's EASY?
What is the best Greek-inspired chicken recipe?Perfectly seasoned Greek-inspired chicken with lemon, garlic, fresh herbs, and feta. In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, and all of the spices. Give a mix until well-combines and emulsified. Set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade for later.
What is Greek chickpea soup?Greek chickpea soup is one of the most popular Greek wintery dishes while being highly nutritious full of fiber and a unique supply of antioxidants. If you love chickpeas then this Greek chickpea soup recipe is a definite must try!